Signs and Paintings

donkanaille

Hi,

I found a few paintings in Town and since Jimmy Z. said everything is there for a reason i was wondering if they have a purpose.

First one is a painting of the tower of babel, i already found the original painting on the internet and it said that pieter brügel made it, but on wiki its not listed as one of his paintings.

The second one is on the same floor. its a part the right panel of a painting done by Hieronymus Bosch.

the whole painting is a triptych called Garden of Earthly Delights. the first part shows the paradise.

god is introducing eve and adam to each other.

not to sure about the central panel, and the right panel shows hell.

but what is interesting is the painting of the closed triptych.

The exterior panels show the world during

creation, probably on the Third Day, after the

addition of plant life but before the appearance of

humanity.

this is a quote out of the german wiki about the part with the ears:

Above the tree people a blade is clamped in two oversized ears. The ears are pierced by an arrow, its significance is not clear, it may be, an indication that the Commandments of God was not obeyed.

another interesting fact i found in an analyses:

...,but possibly indicating that the painting reflects a time before the creation of the sun and moon, which were formed, according to Christian theology, to "give light to the earth".

this sign is also in town, clearly everyone can read moon. but maybe the hint is in what was there in the first place.

i think the first letter may be a 'Z' and the thir may be an 'A', dont know what the third can be

and the last one is the huge dinner sign which says "now die on 4 u"

i also posted it on the cod forums and there someone recognized that the ears are cut from the garden of earthly delights. and i thought you guys may find something or it does help in any way.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic