Consider this: Campaign Leveling/Prestige

With the introduction of strike force inside the campaign, and decisions carving the path toward multiple endings, I think it would be cool to incorporate a leveling system into the campaign this time around. This idea may be over-looked or spat upon at first, but all I ask is you consider the following:

The campaign (I feel) is going to be groundbreaking in the way Call of Duty preforms in single player. It has always been one set path that never differs unless you amp up the difficulty. This time around we have various ways of attacking and defending. We have multiple endings and choices to make along the way. I for one have always played the campaign for the achievements, and that is all. The story was great, but most of the Call of Duty campaigns were similar in the way they played out. This time I will definitely play it more than once just for the experience.

That being said, if they were to add a leveling system along with prestige, it would open up an enormous amount of change to be added as well. I for one would never want to mess with the core of Call of Duty, so I will be careful how I word this.

In many different games you are given a leveling system that even if you beat the game, if you start it over, you continue on you previous level. Enemies in these cases would be the same health as you and weapons are upgraded as well. I think this would be a great way to change the difficulty to a more gradual, yet difficult setting. Imagine:

You start the game off the very first time and are given normal weapons and the enemies are difficult, but still low intelligence and pretty much act as sitting ducks. The more XP you gain, by killing enemies, mission choices, headshots, etc.. the harder the enemies become and the better your weapons get, or possibly even a create a class feature. The higher your level, the better your arsenal. The better your arsenal becomes, the better the enemy arsenal becomes.

You start the game off the second time and you are still at the level you previously were, which means you have your best weapons and the enemies are crucially hard from the beginning. Only problem I do see with this is the whole prestige aspect. It would be better if you COULD prestige, but what happens to the enemies in the middle of the game when you prestige? They dumb down along with yours and their weapons? I don't know about this part, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

So that's about it. I think adding prestige tokens might be great as well but it may be pushing it... What do you think about the whole idea?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic