Space Monkey Identity.... Baboon?

Dreamland_Grue

Now, I know this will probably be regarded as old information or false information by tomorrow, but I will continue for the heck of it. There has been some debate and brainstorming about how these perk-stealing space monkeys will work. I believe that I have peiced together a decent theory on the subject:

The New Hellround?

Several people think that because the monkeys are new enemies, that they will be Ascension's equal to the Hellhounds. But there is a problem: If all they do is steal perks, and no damage, how would the round happen if no one has any perks? Why would put in a new enemy if all it is is a Theif clone except with perks?

I personally believe that these monkeys will be secondary enemies, much like the Creepy Crawlers. They might start to spawn when players get perks, like how the Creepy Crawlers start to spawn when the power is turned on. Then who would be the Hellround enemy? While it is possible it will be the normal Hellhounds, I think it is about time that 3ARC puts in an actual boss in 1st person zombie mode. And I know some people won't want to hear this, but it is likely to be the Cosmic Silverback if anything.

True Identity?

When one first hears 'space monkeys' they would, in most cases, immediately think it is the Cosmic Silverback. But would the largest (so far) enemy in 1st person zombies do nothing but take perks? It wouldn't make much sense, considering that while he does steal treasure in DOA, he kills his attackee in the process. Also, if you look back at the GKNOVA6 sketch, you will see the primate pictured has a smaller mouth, smaller forehead, larger nose, and thinner body.

Now, look back to the Rebirth labs. If you remember, there are many monkeys trapped in cages. You were probably too busy fighting to get a close look, so here is a close up (compare to GKNOVA6 sketch):

Similar, right? It should also be noted that the caged monkey's tail is stubby, and this tail could be hidden from view in the GKNOVA6 sketch. Now looking at the caged monkeys, look at this:

http://animal.discovery.com/mammals/baboon/pictures/baboon-picture.jpg

The caged monkeys are baby baboons! All they would have to do is add more animations, zombify them, slap on a cosmonaut suit, and you have a perk-stealing space monkey! One last note: apparently baboons still count as actual monkeys, as they are primates with tails.

Tell me what you guys think.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic