Where does Kino der Toten take place? really, wtf?

Kino Der Toten is geographically inacurate. Simply seeing the Fernsehturm actually points to the idea that the theatre is probably IN Berlin, if not right outside of it.

however, the Berlin wall IS immediately outside of Kino--Kino is in West Germany

The theatre is no more than 3 miles from the TV tower, yet it's no less than 100 yards from the Berlin wall. Maybe Treyarch just wanted to get a point across? Or maybe the whole theatre actually did teleport like someone else said? Because obviously, there is some sort of flaw in the design of the map.

Credit for the berlin wall pic goes to killerfinland on youtube. thanx fin!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know right the berlin wall is in berlin. Hence the name berlin wall...

:facepalm: Did you even look at the picture? the Berlin wall is about 120 miles AWAY from Berlin. The Berlin Wall is officially referred to as the "Anti-Fascist Protection Wall"--Berlin Wall is simply a nickname given to the wall

i think you're confusing the term 'iron curtain' with 'berlin wall.' the berlin wall ran straight thru the heart of the city. on your map, the Berlin wall is located on the western border of germany, well within NATO control, nato wouldn't put a wall within its own territory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_wall

read.

wow well I feel like an idiot... :facepalm:

but anyway, I'm not understanding this. I thought the Berlin wall was what seperated East Germany from West Germany. The wiki page makes it look like it only seperated West Berlin from East Berlin.

East Germany wasn't THAT small was it?

i think you're confusing the term 'iron curtain' with 'berlin wall.' the berlin wall ran straight thru the heart of the city. on your map, the Berlin wall is located on the western border of germany, well within NATO control, nato wouldn't put a wall within its own territory.

read.

The Iron Curtain wasn't literal. It was just the separation of Europe into Communist East and Capitalist West.

but anyway, I'm not understanding this. I thought the Berlin wall was what seperated East Germany from West Germany. The wiki page makes it look like it only seperated West Berlin from East Berlin.

No. West Berlin was just with in East Germany's borders.

read.

The Iron Curtain wasn't literal. It was just the separation of Europe into Communist East and Capitalist West.

No. West Berlin was just with in East Germany's borders.

i know it wasn't real..... i just though he did.