Are you still confused about the SP ending? *SPOILERS*

thegrix

Confused about what happens during the end of the campaign? I was confused at first. I had to go back a few times to fully get what went on.

This is what I got:

During your time at Vorkuta, Dragovich brainwashes Mason to understand the number broadcasts, effectively making Mason become one of those "Sleeper Agents" Hudson talks about.

Reznov did die during the Vorkuta escape, and Mason’s visions of Reznov were a result of a personality disorder, a by-product of Reznov having sabotaged Dragovich’s program.

Mason was programmed to assassinate JFK, but Reznov reprogrammed him to track down and kill the three men responsible for Dimitri's death. (Dragovich, Steiner and Kravchenko)

...After the campaign is over, we see footage of the day JFK was assassinated. It rewinds and then zooms into a person, who is believed to be Mason. This SUGGESTS that he indeed assassinated Kennedy.

Thats all. :)

"Oswald, compromised!" - Mason

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything, the Campaign's climax (and ending) leaves a lot to the imagination. I've come to believe that all those things about JFK throughout the viral ad campaign of COD:BO made perfect sense, as though "the whole game had to do with JFK's assassination", even if it's hard to conclude that. Obviously, the ending of the game definitely implies that Mason was involved in JFK's assassination.

The whole thing with the JFK Assassination story is fascinating, too. I've come to believe that it boils down to this : "Oswald didn't kill JFK. All he did was shoot him." Oswald was meant to be a scapegoat, and that there was a bigger group involved, individuals and entities we still don't know about (and are probably better off not knowing about).

Overall, though I may not have provided all the answers to your questions, we have to admit that the Campaign definitely had the best storyline of the COD series, thus far anyway. It was also pleasant to have the story with Reznov's involvement in COD:BO detailed, too.....but it was definitely something I didn't expect. A friend of mine thought that it was "one of the most twisted methods of revenge he's seen in a long time."

It's a shame about Reznov's fate, though. I loved him*; he was a man's man.

People can whine and complain all they want about COD:BO (as they are doing on CODHQ's Forums), but they'd be ignorant to deny that the Campaign's storyline was definitely a landmark....oh, and Zombies is definitely a plus.

*Not THAT type of love, you sickos! D:

im not sure if this has been pointed out yet or not, but at the very ending once your done the game, finished playing the new zombie map, your still sitting in the chair, STILL being asked who sent mason there, what do the number mean and whatnot, what if the series of number repeated through out the game needs to be decoded or something to fully finish the game, i feel like the game hasn't been fully finished yet their must still be more to it, expecially if you can still get out of the chair to acess the terminal, and hack it, your to hack it to find out what the numbers mean, maybe your break out of the room nd confront the person who kidnapped you in the firstplace questioning you.

As for any unsolved backstory in COD:BO Campaign, maybe we need to further analyze all intel we collect (which I did and posted a video of yesterday)....and check into that CIA Data System in the main menu. That computer has a lot of accounts on it, but it's tough to use since it's an old UNIX-like system, and both the E-mail systems and regular systems have different paths to type, so if you're in your inbox and you type "clear", it won't register. The COD Wikia has an article on it, though, including a list of commands and what-not.....but there could be terrible spoilage involved, including a cheat code, so if you're sensitive to spoilage and temptation, stay away from this article.

They are blocked off, as they could still be considered spoilage, not to mention that they are encrypted, but here's a list of the known user accounts on the CIA Data System:

nznfba

CNFFJBEQ

nfzvgu

EBKL

ouneevf

TBFXVAF

qxvat

ZSX

sjbbqf

CUVYYL

tjrnire

TRQRBA