Spotted Something...

bob1010

First post so flame away if needed but haven't spotted this on any other forums or a search yet...

In firefox, on the zombie tv screen thing, right click and press "show redraw regions".

A red bounding box appears in the middle of the screen, constantly refreshing.

Screeny here: http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5083/codm.jpg

My flash development knowledge is limited but i'm under the impression that redraw regions are being refreshed every frame, possibly for interactivity?

From Adobe:

"Using this option allows you to see the regions that Flash Player is rendering and processing"

From Some Guy:

"...hidden artefacts which have mouse interactivity enabled"

So perhaps if there is something else to be discovered, this small section holds some answers? I've tried typing in the usuals with the mouse in the refresh area but nothing.

Just thought i'd throw it out there. In other news I think the aliens can still read my thoughts despite my tin foil hat.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

imo that looks like the outline to the "enter age" box when you initially load the page, I could be wrong but that was my first impression. ;)

yeah that's what I thought too. But there's no flash on the age gate (age checking page) and it's a completely separate php page from the animations by the looks of things.

Can't see any common javascript between the two pages either apart from the google analytics code.

It's more than likely it's just some hidden sync area for all the videos. But part of me wishes that if you click it enough suddenly the meaning of life appears...

• 2 months later...

hey guys wat if beware of the six means the map cuz apparently a new map is coming out in feb 2011 i forgot the exact date cuz W@W had 4 maps and blk ops has 2 but five dosent count cuz it has nothing to do with any of it. its just like a fun map to test ur skills the only secret thing is the 3 red phones tht play the song

hey guys wat if beware of the six means a new map cuz apparently a new map is coming out in feb 2011 i forgot the exact date cuz W@W had 4 maps and blk ops has 2 but five dosent count cuz it has nothing to do with any of it. its just like a fun map to test ur skills the only secret thing is the 3 red phones tht play the song