Accumulating Storyline

Guest MurderMachineX

Guest MurderMachineX

They were Marine Recon Units. The CIA database calls them that. So "recon" and "Marines" are one and the same.

1. Nacht der Untoten Marines

These are the ones you play as in WaW.

2. Verruckt Marines

These are the ones you play as in WaW.

3. Shi No Numa Crew

As we agreed, they showed up, emitting an SOS, and were followed by the US troops.

4. Shi No Numa Allies

Intel 222, from the US perspective, states that there is evidence of an Allied force nearby. They may have left the map.

5. Shi No Numa Marines

These are the troops that the Intel claims were sent here.

6. Der Riese Marines

The Intel also claims US troops went to Der Riese.

7. Nacht der Untoten Marines 2

Intel 318 mentions Nacht der Untoten's "second outbreak". This does mean a second outbreak of zombies at Nacht der Untoten, as the Intel also mentions that the "intel" was previously deemed "irrelevant". They could only deem it so if they knew about it. They also now see the Radio as "vital", meaning that new attitude suggests that it is important. Hence, a second visit.

8. Nacht der Untoten Soviets

Intel 318 also mentions that the Soviet allies have heard their songs in the Radio at Nacht der Untoten. In order for Soviets to claim they heard it, they must have been there.

9. Der Riese Crew

This is last, right before they teleport to Kino.

I believe that the Allies and the Recon Squad are the same. He says that the Allied force found a map on the ground, but had to leave just before night time. Then they say that the recon squad is smart enough to leave before night time so not to run into hellhounds.

Guest MurderMachineX

"Heavy fog and impassible swamp terrain have left reconnaissance efforts near fruitless. However, we have secured intelligence supporting the survival of an Allied force in the area. The map below was found on the ground near the signal location, but evacuation became necessary as night began to fall."

Here he is talking about the recon squad, i.e. the squad doing reconnaissance. They find evidence of the survival of an Allied force in the area. It wouldn't make sense to say that they found evidence of their own group. They found evidence of another group. They also mention a map, but it doesn't say the Allies left it.

Fair enough, I suppose I will go with that. I believe that they got the map from Der Riese, that's why they knew to go to Shi No Numa, do you agree or do you have another theory?

Guest MurderMachineX

I suppose it is possible. [by "they", do you mean the US or our main characters?] But the map is a map OF Shi No Numa, not TO Shi No Numa. It doesn't show Shi No Numa's place relative to the rest of the world. But it does acknowledge its existence. But why would whoever just drop it in the middle of the swamp?

I don't mean the US, they did not have any contact with the characters. I think that perhaps the characters found the map of Shi No Numa in Der Riese, and someone told them it was in a remote jungle in Japan, just like the intel suggests. I honestly don't have a theory of how they would have gotten there on there own, other than Takeo recognizing the complex. As for why they dropped it, I have no clue. I think that Tank would have been carrying it since he says "This is the place" and then maybe he put it in his bag and it fell out.

Guest MurderMachineX

Okay, so here goes another addition to the text:

Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo, for an unknown reason, left to go to Shi No Numa, presumably to find Dr. Richtofen. When they arrived, they found him there. Zombies started to rise and attack, so they emitted an SOS signal. Nearby was an Allied force. However, the respondents of the SOS signal was not the Allied force but rather The United States in the form of a recon squad of Marines. The recon squad never made direct contact with them, but they collected enough intel for the United States military to do a background search on Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Dr. Richtofen. Shortly after, the United States sent more Marines to Der Riese. They found that Der Riese had been overrun with Zombies. The Marines were mostly unsuccessful at procuring anything but scanty information. One Marine provided a full list of all the weapons that were available in Der Riese that could be upgraded.

The also United States sent follow-up Marines to the site of Nacht der Untoten, and they noted the presence of an eery radio. A Soviet expedition also arrived at the site of Nacht der Untoten, noticing that the radio also played their homeland's victory song. Meanwhile, Dr. Richtofen led Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo in an escape from Shi No Numa to a teleporter somewhere. They used it to teleport to Der Riese. There, they fought off the Zombies, and by this time, the year had changed to 1946. After a long battle, someone acquired a Wunderwaffe DG-2 and fired it in the teleporter, causing it to overload, changing the function of traveling through space to instead travel through time and space. They teleported to Kino der Toten in 1968.

So, look over it and see if it needs fixing. One thing though. We can play as these four in Nacht der Untoten and Verruckt. So does that mean we need to add two skirmishes in there where they go to Nacht der Untoten and Verruckt?

In my eyes, the fact that the crew is in Verruckt and NDU is just for gameplay reasons, I don't think they were actually there, if that makes sense.

And I agree with everything you have, just change the beginning of the second paragraph from "The also United States sent" to "The United States also sent".

Guest MurderMachineX

Okay, thanks :)

I also changed the last sentence to say "They teleported away to the future." I figure I'll get to where and when that is when we get there, because a lot of stuff happened in between 1946 and 1968.

Some things we need to discuss include Oppenheimer and Vannevar Bush, the standoff at Der Riese, Pavel Gorki, Russian and American reverse engineering, and some CIA files.

Guest MurderMachineX

Okay. I think you might know more about GKM/GK/Gorki/etc., but here's what I say:

Sometime between 1946 and 1948, there was a standoff between military forces of the USA and the USSR at Der Riese. Pavel Gorki, a member of Group 935, had left to the USSR and told them of the marvels there. An unnamed subject did the same with the USA. Then they had the said standoff. And the USSR won.

Well. Basically, the intel says that in late October of 1945, the original NOVA 6 compound was destroyed (falsely). The original site was Der Riese based on the fact that the site was on the border of Poland and they transported the compound up the Elbe River, which runs through Lower Silesia which is where Der Riese is located. Now, on that ship was Steiner, so I believe him to have been at Der Riese at some point. Maxis was sent into the teleporter at Der Riese sometime after Oct 1, and if my idea above is correct, then also before late Oct. The standoff was a week-long according to intel, so I believe it to be in the middle of October 1945.

As for Gorki, I do not believe him to be a Group 935 member. He was the cousin of Lev Kravchenko, the Ascension Group co-leader basically. He was the owner of GKM, Gorki-Korolev Medical. G for Gorki, K for Korolev. GKM was around during the Cold War times. GK funded the Nazi's around WWII time, presumably the NOVA 6 end since GK was into chemicals and what not. Korolev was a Russian man also, and he was an insanely large figure for the Russian Space Program, without him it would basically be nothing. Now, I believe that since the names are so close together, it would make sense for them to be the same, but not EXACTLY the same. I believe that GK sort of pulled the strings for the Nazi's and maybe Russians then when shut down in 1947, became GKM and pulled some strings for the Russians and Vietnamese.

Guest MurderMachineX

What intel are you referring to? I haven't seen anything saying all that.

It says he was involved in the massacre at Der Riese and the resulting standoff. The most likely reason for him to be involved I think is if he was there beforehand.

Guest MurderMachineX

The Elbe River may go through Lower Silesia, but the city of Cottbus- that site was in the outskirts of this city- was located in Lower Sorbia. I don't think they are the same. I don't think that that has any real relevance to Der Riese. Sure, it tells how Nova gas was transferred to the Russians, but that's it.

But Gorki was present at Der Riese for the massacre. It makes sense for him to have been there, at Der Riese, prior to the massacre as well.

The intel just says that the municipality of Cottbus was on the border of Poland, and we know that the Silesia's were made part of Poland after the war, so to me it only makes sense that it was close together. Not to mention maps and information show that Cottbus is in Lower Lusatia. Lusatia was a region in between Germany and Poland, and it stretches from the Elbe in the East to Lower Silesia in the West. They are pretty close together.

Not necessarily. He was Russian, all he had to do was run through the facility after the fact and pick up anything that he felt was helpful. I just seriously doubt that he was in Group 935, I personally don't see anything to back it up. All the other Russians were there for the first time, I don't see why he is any different.

Guest MurderMachineX

I guess. I suppose what you say is possible, but I'm not entirely convinced. Why would Der Riese be considered a base for Nova gas? I know it is part of the Wunderwaffe, but Der Riese hardly has any evidence of anything related to Nova gas.

EDIT: Hey Tac, where do you suppose all the others went? All's left is you and me.

Don't worry, I'm not even convinced of it yet. It is just the only thing that makes sense to me based on what we have seen so far. The only evidence of it, in my opinion, is that there is a poster of a little zombie with the name Dr. K. Blome on it. I doubt the zombie is a crawler, but K Blome is Kurt Blome, who worked with Sarin, a gas in NOVA6. Other than that, nothing suggests it, and what I have is circumstantial at best.

As for where they went, I'm not entirely sure, I think they might with be done with or taking a break from the thread.

Guest MurderMachineX

Well I say we leave it out then.

Here's the next paragraph. Fix as needed, as usual:

There was a Group 935 survivor from Der Riese. He traveled to the United States and told its government about "a mirrored device that allowed the viewing of images from the past". The survivor died shortly after of unknown causes. The United States sent a military force to Der Riese. However, the Soviet Union also sent a military force. The result was a standoff between the two groups. The Soviet Union won the standoff and gained control of the facility. Pavel Gorki was involved in the standoff, most likely the Russian side. He later went on to create the front company Gorki-Korolev Medical, or GKM, that housed the perfected Nova gas, Nova 6.

EDIT: And I find the fact that the others left disappointing : / We're getting so close. We're like 2/3 of the way through, if not 3/4.

After saying he traveled, instead of saying he "told its government" I would personally add something about the fact that he "claimed" he saw it, just to use more authentic words with the actual intel, your choice though. Other than that, it looks top-notch to me.

Guest MurderMachineX

In January 1946, the OSS was disbanded and replace with the Central Intelligence Agency. In 1947, the United States also created a top secret division called Majestic-12. Also, there was a Group 935 survivor from Der Riese. He traveled to the United States and told its government about "a mirrored device that allowed the viewing of images from the past". The survivor died shortly after of unknown causes. The United States sent a military force to Der Riese. However, the Soviet Union also sent a military force. The result was a standoff between the two groups. The Soviet Union won the standoff and gained control of the facility. Pavel Gorki was involved in the standoff, most likely the Russian side. He later went on to create the front company Gorki-Korolev Medical, or GKM, that housed the perfected Nova gas, Nova 6.

On August 12, 1948, American Junior Analyst Ryan Jackson sent a report to Chief Analyst John Abrams, synthesizing the German Wunderwaffe Program. The United States started leeching files from the Datenbediensteter in Der Riese using a CIA asset based out of Vozrozhdeniya, Soviet Union. These files were stored separately from the CIA's computer server; they were instead stored on the newly created Dreamland server. On July 14, 1954, Doctor Vannevar Bush, the leader of Majestic-12 and administrator of the Dreamland server, sent an e-mail to John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Lyndon Baines Johnson, Richard Helms, Richard Kain, Richard Milhous Nixon, and William Bromlow, telling them that access to the Dreamland server had been restricted to Majestic-12 members alone. Oddly, three of these people later became president, and three became directors of covert operations.

Now we need to decide which bases were taken by which country. We know the United States got Nacht der Untoten and Griffin Station. The Soviet Union got Der Riese. I think the USA got Verruckt because of the ease the doctors have of "browsing" information from its files. I think the USSR got Call of the Dead and Shangri-La because of the Russian Perks present. I'm not sure about Shi No Numa or Kino der Toten.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Would it be possible that Shi No Numa was left to rot (not pun intended) because no one knew about it besides the handful?

Guest MurderMachineX

Well, we know the United States government knew about it back from the World at War Intel; they sent recon groups there. However, I really don't see what else there is to gain from Shi No Numa, especially being on the other side of the world. It is easily possible that they just left it to rot anyway.

EDIT:

USA:

Verruckt

Griffin Station

USSR:

Der Riese

Call of the Dead

Shangri-La

Unknown:

Nacht der Untoten

Shi No Numa

Kino der Toten

EDIT: Fixed:

Dr. Maxis was teleported to a tunnel in an unknown location. He remained hidden for an indeterminant length, and he couldn't find his way out. Fluffy's whereabouts were also unknown, but wherever it was, she had her puppies. Samantha was teleported to Griffin Station. At Griffin Station, all of the bodies whose souls were put in the MPD were buried outside. The leftover ones, who hadn't been killed, were sent to a man named Kustover Posten who planned to deal with them. Dr. Schuster was also working on a low gravity putty in the Biodome, adding it to the list of inventions made at Griffin Station: Pressurized External Suits, Gamma Ray Specs, Gun Mule, the Hacking Device, the Xenon Belt, and Excavators. Then the alarm sounded that there was an intruder: Samantha. In a panic, she ran towards the MPD, which was open. When she entered, it closed. The MPD transferred Samantha's soul to Aether. While her body was trapped in the MPD, she became an invisible presence peering from another dimension, possessing an as-yet unseen power.