Black Ops II Campaign Makeover

Mark Lamia, Studio Head At Treyarch, confirmed in an interview with Mr Sark that the Black Ops II campaign will play out in a completely different way to previous Call of Duty games.

Instead of following a completely linear chain of events, this time the story, and various other aspects of the game, will change depending on what choices and movements you make. A very simple example Lamia gave was a section where you could choose to take out the enemies via a Quadrotor, or to snipe them from the building you're on. Both choices play out different story elements, meaning you and I could play two very different campaigns in November.

As well as the story evolving as you make choices, you can also choose which missions to tackle at certain times. You can choose to play a certain Black Ops Mission, and feel like you're a real Black Operative, choosing the right equipment and load-out for the mission you have chosen.

Something Lamia also touched upon was the feature of changing your position during different parts of the missions. You can start off with gun on gun combat on the streets, and if you feel a Quadrotor or a tank may be better suited for the job at hand, you can switch over and use whatever you feel is necessary.

Here is the interview in question

iKiwJi44CgY

I feel this is a fantastic innovation, putting more of an emphasis on the campaign, allowing for a different experience each time you play through it. I am really, REALLY excited for this, just as much so as I am for experiencing the Multiplayer and the new Zombies.

CCM

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days