My Interpretation of the Zombies Storyline

Okay, I posted this storyline back on the old CoDz a while back, as some may remember. Given the new information that has been uncovered in the past few months, I've decided to update my storyline the best I can. With Black Ops only around the corner, this story is bound to change.

Mid 1943

WWII is well underway, and Hitler knows he is on the verge losing, and so he creates a 'Master Plan' which is supposedly foolproof. Gathering the best scientists in all of Germany, he sends them all to work in hidden factories all over Germany and parts of Europe with only one goal in mind: Re-animate the dead.

Many of the groups tried and failed. Hundreds failed. But there was one group that stood out. Group 935, stationed in Waffenfabrik der Riese. One of Germanys most famous scientists was leading the experiments there, Dr. Ludwig Maxis. He leads all of Group 935 to start on the experiments. After many experiments on deceased Nazis, one plucky scientist, Dr. Richtofen, finally discovers a breakthrough. He created an undead soldier. Dr. Maxis instantly promoted Richtofen to be his assisstant.

The scientists tried again and again to tame the zombies, constantly failing. While this was going on, Maxis and Richtofen were working on Matter Transference. They wanted to transport the undead army all over Europe to win the war for them before anyone knew what had hit them. They could not find a way to get the teleporters to work. Eventually, one of the head researchers, who liked to go by the name of Edward, suggested using element 115 to power the teleporters. This works on small objects like pens and apples. Edward becomes Maxis' other assistant.

Around this time, while scientists are trying to tame a group of zombies, they suddenly go mad and kill the scientists. They end up breaking all of the zombies kept in the research facility free. Soon afterwards, the alarm is set off. Dr. Maxis shuts himself inside his office, along with his daughter Samantha, and his assistants Edward and Richtofen. They stayed there for so long, the zombies finally left Der Riese. Dr. Maxis continued with the experiments on the teleporters as though nothing had happened.

Quite obviously, Hitler notices the untamed undead rampaging through Germany killing all that they found. Hitler urgently requests of Maxis to build a 'WunderWaffe' to destroy both enemies and undead alike. Edward is asked to seperately work on this while Maxis and Richtofen continue with the teleporters.

Around this time, Samantha suddenly decides pretty much overnight that she wants a dog. Dr. Maxis sees this as his chance to get a live test subject to test the teleporters on. He gets her a dog named Fluffy, who grows while the experiments continue. She soon becomes pregnant (which I find hard to believe, seeing as she's the only dog left alive within 100 miles). Dr. Maxis tells Richtofen about testing Fluffy and he refuses to do it, due to his love of animals. Edward and Richtofen switch experiments. Maxis starts testing on animals which seem to magically appear on his doorstep (I didn't have any other way of knowing), which explains all of the radios around Der Riese mentioning teleporter tests.

Richtofen feels guilty for what the animals are being put through before he finally cannot take it anymore. After peeking in on one of the experiments on a dog (the radio in which the test subject explodes), he instantly turns insane seeing the poor creature obliterated. He grabs all of the blueprints for the DG-2 and flees Der Riese, and later arrives at Shi No Numa. Dr. Maxis is enraged by this, but carries on anyway. Eventually, he runs out of patience and tests on Fluffy, who is close to giving birth by now. Edward has finally had enough of how Maxis treats him, and so he shuts him and Samantha inside the chamber with Fluffy. Just then he hears a teleporter go off and the power overloads. Edward suddenly realizes what he's done and hangs himself, just across the street from Der Riese (hanging man).

When Richtofen arrives at Shi No Numa, he finds the meteor and examines it. He finds that it contains 115, which is perfect for his experiments. Over the next couple of years, he creates the WunderWaffe DG-2. By Late 1945, the DG-2 is ready. Sadly, being apart from the German's for two years means he hadn't found out about Hitler losing the war.

Late 1945

Richtofen has to test the DG-2 on something, and so when the zombie army attacks Richtofen's hidden research labs in SNN, he sees it as a perfect opportunity. Just as they attack, three soldiers arrive. An American, a Russian and a Japanese soldier.

Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo are there because the soldiers fighting in Europe noticed the zombie outbreak all over Germany, France and parts of England. They recieve a mysterious transmission from an unknown location, adressed to 'Peter' (radios in SNN starting room). It has co-ordinates to SNN.

Dempsey, after his heroic efforts during the early raids of Peleliu, was sent to Verruckt a few weeks before the events of SNN, to figure out the secrets of the Nazi's experiments. What Dempsey and his crew didn't know, however, was that the Asylum had already been overrun, and that the experiments had been stopped there.

As the zombies start to attack, someone is revealed to have turned the power off in the Asylum, before fleeing. Dempsey and his squad try to fight off the crazy-powered zombies (super-fast SOBs...) He is the only one who manages to escape.

Nikolai, well, he was sent to SNN purely because Russia couldn't afford to sacrifice someone important, and so sent a broken spirit instead.

With directions from Takeo, the captured Japanese soldier, the trio arrive at SNN.

Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo and Richtofen fight through SNN, Richtofen telling them small parts of what he was doing at SNN in the first place. The gang find several radio transmissions from all over Europe, everyone getting annihilated by the zombies. Richtofen realises what he has done, and realises that things need to be set right. Richtofen gets to work for months tweaking the emergency teleporter. You can tell the characters were at SNN for a while by the marks on their bodies in DR. Months later, once Richtofen is sure the teleporter is finally ready, he sends himself and the gang back. Back in time to when it all started:

Waffenfabrik der Riese

Richtofen and the rest arrive at DR just as the power overloads. They went there, because Richtofen knew that the secrets were hidden there. In the tunnel beneath Maxis' office, the secret lab where Richtofen created the first zombie. He knew he had to end everything before it started.

Sadly, the zombies swarm the gang, and they have no choice but to retreat. Richtofen inputs random calibrations for a teleporter, and the gang are sent several years into the future. Right in the middle of Kino der Toten. The gang realise that their failure to stop the zombies 17 years in the past resulted in a full-scale invasion and annihilation of the Earth. Richtofen and the gang must now travel through time to stop this invasion, and find the secrets behind the zombies.

This is where we are now.

So yeah, this took me a long time to write, I hope you guys enjoyed it, and I hope you agree with at least some of it (yeah, I still don't think Edward and Richtofen are the same person :roll:)

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days