Looking Deeper in Ascension(just look at the new AA topic)

Guest BlindBusDrivr

No I meant that someone had a Gersch Device active at Ascension when they're were teleporting on Kino and somehow it got linked and they came through the one end. And Kino wasn't a Russian facility. There were possibly 1 or 2 of them there but not Russian. And Kino wouldn't have a lander, there's no station for it to land, refuel, etc. And how is a lander that can't go 50 yds without refueling going to go from Berlin to a Russian outpost? And Like that wouldn't be ridiculous have 4 people standing on that thing as it just flies for miles and miles? Come on guys, it's silly.

Kino wasn't a Russian facility... but there were definately russians there (again, the thundergun is there). For the second point... forgot about the refueling, and yeah it would look stupid. But they were on a lander before ascension started for sure.

What could expain why there are Soviets (Russians) in Berlin in the 60s or 50s is the fact that the Cold War is going on. You guys know that Germany and Berlin were split for the Western Forces (US, Britain, and France) and the East (USSR). Maybe the Soviets did discover the place, but left it abandoned anyway. Or maybe they didn't care and left it the way it was? Still doesn't explain why there's that colorful van outside of the entrance . . . :facepalm:

Were discussing Ascension not Kino, Kino is in 1969. I explain EVERYTHING including the van in the time and location link in my sig

The rocket first stage, the boosters, is the Soyuz rocket part. The actual rocket. The second stage is the part above it. The R7 is a modified Soyuz fit to carry a warhead. The one's on Ascension, do not have warheads since they're not ICBMs. The one's at Baikunor, in the campaign, ARE ICMBs.

And about the message you sent to me with test flights to the moon, it wouldn't work with a person or other living organism because there has to be a space for them and their craft plus they would need to get back. Nothing on earth to my knowledge that has been sent into space can survive there on their own. So I think that they would have them go to the moon, and launch a second flight back from the moon base. Only way it could work.

So. The one's on ascension aren't ICBM's, they would be cargo then right? And OK about the message, just wondering if it was relevant. Sorry if I sound stupid, I just really want to figure it out.

Guest SwissGrizz

Just my 2 Cents:

Are we ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY sure that the rocket being launched in Executive Order was an ICBM? I understand that's what the Americans tell us, but we've been wrong in the past. Maybe the Russians (or atleast Dragovich) wasn't launching a Warhead, but in testing out a way to transfer Nova 6 with Monkeys? We learn later in the campaign that the whole "Sleeper Agent" thing is unreliable. That would explain how there could be a connection between the rocket we blew up in EO and the one that's destroyed in Ascension. I also noticed something odd when I was playing through the campaign. After you finish EO, I believe it's Bowman, starts throwing up. Why? It might be because of all the Nazi Scientists that were on fire, but come on. How likely is it that a trained SOG member would be shocked by a death like that. I bring this up because in the mission where we go back to right after WW2 and they kill Demitri, he throws up in a similar manner when he's infected with Nova 6. Perhaps the Rocket in Executive Order wasn't an ICBM, but in fact carrying Nova 6 and when Mason blows it up, the Nova 6 spread through out the facility, but MACV SOG got out before it could cause them any REAL damage. But that wouldn't explain why our 4 heroes wanted to go there...

The BLOPS and Zombies stories are so complicated. Every time we think we've figured it out, we find something that contradicts our ideas. Sorry if this post doesn't make much sense. Im just thinking out loud.

Regards

-Matthew

Just my 2 Cents:

Are we ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY sure that the rocket being launched in Executive Order was an ICBM? I understand that's what the Americans tell us, but we've been wrong in the past. Maybe the Russians (or atleast Dragovich) wasn't launching a Warhead, but in testing out a way to transfer Nova 6 with Monkeys? We learn later in the campaign that the whole "Sleeper Agent" thing is unreliable. That would explain how there could be a connection between the rocket we blew up in EO and the one that's destroyed in Ascension. I also noticed something odd when I was playing through the campaign. After you finish EO, I believe it's Bowman, starts throwing up. Why? It might be because of all the Nazi Scientists that were on fire, but come on. How likely is it that a trained SOG member would be shocked by a death like that. I bring this up because in the mission where we go back to right after WW2 and they kill Demitri, he throws up in a similar manner when he's infected with Nova 6. Perhaps the Rocket in Executive Order wasn't an ICBM, but in fact carrying Nova 6 and when Mason blows it up, the Nova 6 spread through out the facility, but MACV SOG got out before it could cause them any REAL damage. But that wouldn't explain why our 4 heroes wanted to go there...

The BLOPS and Zombies stories are so complicated. Every time we think we've figured it out, we find something that contradicts our ideas. Sorry if this post doesn't make much sense. Im just thinking out loud.

Regards

-Matthew

I can't agree more. I swore I had it figured, and started 2nd guessing myself about the rockets. All we know is that the EO rocket is a Soyuz 1. I can't confirm or deny the ICBM, but I don't think that Monkeys were in it. Although you have a superb point about Bowman throwing up, I would think he would be OK with seeing that. I can't figure out why they go places either. They started in SNN, went to DR to get supplies, and Ascension? Who the hell knows.

I can't agree more. I swore I had it figured, and started 2nd guessing myself about the rockets. All we know is that the EO rocket is a Soyuz 1. I can't confirm or deny the ICBM, but I don't think that Monkeys were in it. Although you have a superb point about Bowman throwing up, I would think he would be OK with seeing that. I can't figure out why they go places either. They started in SNN, went to DR to get supplies, and Ascension? Who the hell knows.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Well, about the two rockets, they are the same. no clip confirms that both rockets on EO are the same.

Now the possibility of a Nova6 warhead is very reasonable. More possibly why it was important.

I REALLY doubt Bowman was infected, because with the Russians' tweaked Nova6, he would have been dead before he hit the ground, let alone go on for several more years.

Now I think that if a object strikes the ground with more force than 10 semi's, it's gonna explode. I believe that the reason your not affected is because I saw that somehow in an explosion of the whole first stage, the second stage kept going, except it just spiraled out into the desert. About 50-100 yds out, nothing long distance. So that could explain why you weren't affected, also that when it crashes you are in an underground tunnel. I believe that the second missile US Anit Missile defense would have kicked in to stop it.

And just something off topic I thought of, isn't it funny how in Vorkuta they use Tear Gas AFTER Mason is destroying the place and all their vehicles and guards with a minigun? and then Reznov is tear gas immune.

o cool 200th post yay!

Guest BlindBusDrivr

OK everyone, class in session.

read HERE to understand how taking monkeys to the moon would work.

Okay so it starts by putting them into a Soyuz TMA space craft, either in a commercial or cargo version, I believe commercial. NOT ISS though, that's for docking with the space station.

I don't really think I have a 100% idea of how the model would work, because I don't know of any Soyuz designed to carry animals.

But so they would 3-5 into a space craft, and the launch would commence. The big 4 around the center thrust would break off. Then upon running out of fuel the center one would, thus starting the second stage ignition. Now this would be on a different flight path entering the moon's orbit, not circling the earth's. So the 2nd stage rocket would break off, leaving the the spacecraft. Now it when orbiting, the re-entry capsule would break off and it would begin to fall down to moon, getting pulling in by it's gravity. Now what would happen here is that since there is no air in space, so they can't parachute down. They would need a powerful force to slow them, this could be the purpose of the lunar landers. We used them on the Eagle in the space landing, so I think they used similar technology, just smaller. So once landed, they do as they have been trained to and go search for 115 and bring it back to the moon base. YES there IS a moon base. Because a Soyuz can NOT bring them back. It can take them, but it is not large enough to take them back, and they way it's spacecrafts are it wouldn't and just a bunch of stuff.

And they aren't going to send them to the freakin' moon to mine 115 they can't bring back, so they build an outpost on the moon, and that's it. Once they're done, the just launch a second one from there and they are back. It's kind of complex so I suggest watching moon landing/soyuz launch animations on youtube. I have one in the OP. So that's basically how it would work, and basically have to. Unless they have some sort of super fuel which burns long enough to take them around and all, but Treyarch wouldn't do that, BECAUSE A MOON BASE IS WAY MORE FREAKING AWESOME! And what safer place to research and collect 115 without anyone knowing?

Your Welcome everyone.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Here's an animation that will help you, and helped me, understand how landing on the moon works. I don't think that this could work with a Soyuz because again, it's smaller, and it uses a different space craft. and stuff I explained in my last posts.

Guest SwissGrizz

When I said: Bowman got infected. I meant more like, he got a very little trace amount in his lungs, but not enough to kill him.

As for the ICBM not exploding on impact: You're right on this one.

For the Monkeys being sent to the moon: Isn't there a theory that the Germans had a secret moon base? Perhaps the Russians wanted to send the monkeys to hopefully "finish them off".

But I'm trying to make a connection between Rictofen and Ascension. WHY is he wearing a space suit? Why do they arrive on a lander? What I'm thinking is maybe Gersch was supposed to help Rictofen get to the moon, but he was sucked into the Aether, which in turn, released the zombies into our world. But that wouldn't explain why there are monkeys :x

As for why they came in on a lander: I would simply assume that they came from another part of the facility that is to far overrun to return to.

And BTW: Brains for you OP :D

Guest BlindBusDrivr

When I said: Bowman got infected. I meant more like, he got a very little trace amount in his lungs, but not enough to kill him.

For the Monkeys being sent to the moon: Isn't there a theory that the Germans had a secret moon base? Perhaps the Russians wanted to send the monkeys to hopefully "finish them off".

But I'm trying to make a connection between Rictofen and Ascension. WHY is he wearing a space suit? Why do they arrive on a lander? What I'm thinking is maybe Gersch was supposed to help Rictofen get to the moon, but he was sucked into the Aether, which in turn, released the zombies into our world. But that wouldn't explain why there are monkeys :x

As for why they came in on a lander: I would simply assume that they came from another part of the facility that is to far overrun to return to.

thanks.

The beginning of Ascension is so random and unexplained, we're just going to have to wait for one IMO.

And I played with my ears and eyes super open on Executive Order.

And both are Soyuz for sure and the rocket it not carrying Nova6. It's a normal warhead. I watched it crash, it doesn't spiral, it just sails down and crashes with a moderately large explosion about 50 metres from the one control center, by the rail with the crane which lifts the rocket. And it's also the reason they want to blow it up, I listened closely in the briefing and the purpose was to sabotage the Soviet Long-Range Missile program.

And the one vomitting isn't Bowman, it's Weaver, and it's because the naxious gas filling the room like a tear gas or something when they're in the underground complex of Baikunor. And any amount of Nova6 would kill you, so I doubt that it's what it was, especially the Russian one Clarke helped them make.

Guest SwissGrizz

thanks.

The beginning of Ascension is so random and unexplained, we're just going to have to wait for one IMO.

And I played with my ears and eyes super open on Executive Order.

And both are Soyuz for sure and the rocket it not carrying Nova6. It's a normal warhead. I watched it crash, it doesn't spiral, it just sails down and crashes with a moderately large explosion about 50 metres from the one control center, by the rail with the crane which lifts the rocket. And it's also the reason they want to blow it up, I listened closely in the briefing and the purpose was to sabotage the Soviet Long-Range Missile program.

And the one vomitting isn't Bowman, it's Weaver, and it's because the naxious gas filling the room like a tear gas or something when they're in the underground complex of Baikunor. And any amount of Nova6 would kill you, so I doubt that it's what it was, especially the Russian one Clarke helped them make.

Ahh that clarifies things. Thanks :D

I think were not finding all the easter eggs in these zombies maps. I remember back in CoD5, and even during the Summer with the Briefcase drop and GKNOVA6, people were going as far as CODE BREAKING. I wish I could Code Break because that'd be awesome.

Thanks again BusDriver :D

Personally I think we have found everything, we just haven't been able to piece it together. People posted videos on the first day of easter eggs and shit like that, so I don't really think we've missed anything.

Guest nayrc

there was some thing that was recently found but its not a big thing, the arms being crushed under the door in the spawn room

there was some thing that was recently found but its not a big thing, the arms being crushed under the door in the spawn room

Nice! Pic?

Guest nayrc

Nice! Pic?

na but its fairly easy to find, as you spawn you walk straight forward and there will be a load of pipes, look behind them and there will be a door

Nice! Pic?

na but its fairly easy to find, as you spawn you walk straight forward and there will be a load of pipes, look behind them and there will be a door

:o Gasp! Sweet thank you

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Nice! Pic?

No way, seriously dude? that's so wierd.