Ascension & FIVE are Same Time; Support Beyond Phones

Guest Tac

Guest MurderMachineX

Well I hate to possibly disprove my own beliefs and I hate how we all got our hopes up in this thread, so I apologize ahead of time.

We all understand that the latest date on the board is November 19th, 1963, yet there is no data. The last date that has data is October 16th, 1963. To me, this means we have a guaranteed time frame of October 16 - November 22.

If we believe that the campaign and the zombies story is all in the same timeline, then we have a time frame of November 10 - November 22. I am going to stick to the first part just to be positive we have the right time frame.

Sorry guys, I just do not believe Treyarch would make a slip like that, I believe it more means that they had the next flight planned out since it was only 9 days away. :( Please tell me your thoughts on this move though!

EDIT: I posted this on the CoD Wiki since their date for FIVE is "After November 19th, 1963"

I think it is safe to say November 10 - November 22. That's logical. Although the whole thing about November 19th is nothing to worry about. That makes perfect sense. I don't find it disappointing at all.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Yeah that seems logical, I guess they would have flights planned ahead.

I'm just curious why the chart says SR71 straight out when every other document, even in the hangar with the blackbird itself is still using the OXCART codename.

SR-71FlightData1963.jpg

I'm in agreement that it is the A12 though. Notice all the ranges with over 1,000 miles had a refuel, and that the SR71's biggest difference with the A12 was that it had a larger range.

The A12 was a faster plane, lighter, more aerodynamic, but to compensate it had a lower fuel capacity, and since that was an important factor the SR71 had this change to it making modifications for more fuel capacity, but losing some speed, not that much though.

I guess 3arc just uses the SR71 because it's more symbolic, even though the A12 was superior in everything but range, which in being the spy plane replacing the U2, was more important.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Yeah I saw that too, that is very odd. I assume it is just a mistake, but lord knows what is mistaken anymore.

This reminds me of the alternate history thing...with all the kino stuff at Five...Five is in 1963, Kino is two years later, how can all the stuff they took still be there?

Every door we close opens at least two knew ones.

Guest MurderMachineX

I think the name switch points either to a mistake, or if not, to a conspiracy reference. I mean, we already have Watergate, Roswell, Area 51, and Illuminati references. Why not this one? I once read that the first man in space, a Russian, was "killed" by its government in a plane crash. He goes in space but is then crashed in a routine flight procedure? Conspiracy. (It just reminded me of that.)

Guest BlindBusDrivr

@Tac:

Well at Five, almost everything in Kino can be found.

The tele porter base, the ThunderGun, the Ray Gun, the Containers, The notes, the mystery box, the perks, the pack a punch, the tele porter technology, the chalkboards, the pictures, even the model of the berlin wall from Sam's room can be found in an office room via no clip.

Guest aegisknight

thanks a million for that video proving the dates. I've suspected for a long time that the locale in FIVE was created for zombies and later used for the campaign, but I haven't had anything to support it.

I also do not think much from Kino was taken to FIVE. I do, however, think that when you teleport in Kino, you are taken to a room in the pentagon where you recover a 935 film reel you can play on the machine.

Some things were likely taken from Kino, but not all. As a quick reference, are we sure kino took place on the western side of the Wall?

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Yes, we are sure. We see the Fernsehturm on the other side of the Berlin Wall, and that is on the Eastern side, so therefore we are are on the Western side.

really? oh because I always assumed that it was on the American side, simply because we know America got it.

in your face russia :lol:

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Haha it makes it confusing with the story, like how the Thundergun got there and such

I sometimes wonder if Treyarch just goes

"hey guys let's go put Russian stuff on the American side of the Berlin Wall and see if the community can explain it!"

"yeah, I bet it'll make that knucklehead BlindBusDrivr sit for two hours staring at a notepad trying to think of an explanation!"

Haha it makes it confusing with the story, like how the Thundergun got there and such

"hey guys let's go put Russian stuff on the American side of the Berlin Wall and see if the community can explain it!"

"yeah, I bet it'll make that knucklehead BlindBusDrivr sit for two hours staring at a notepad trying to think of an explanation!"

XD I know right!? Half the time, I wonder if they even think things through. My best idea is that there was a Kino 935 member who was Russian and he defected to Russia, that is all I can think of.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

XD I know right!? Half the time, I wonder if they even think things through. My best idea is that there was a Kino 935 member who was Russian and he defected to Russia, that is all I can think of.

Yeah, it's really the only thing that made sense.

But for all the evidence about it's business being at Kino, we might as well says the delivery guy tossed it over through a hole in the roof and it landed right in the mystery box, courtesy of Santa! xD

okay this is going to get WAY off topic if we continue :lol:

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Well the time is confirmed I think it's like 10 or 1, going off the wall clocks without a country over it.

One puzzling thing about Asension where the time is 12:58, but the hour hand is just in front of the 12 not the 1, it's an impossible time.

I think there's some sort of russian calendar on the board, maybe we can draw something from there?

Only thing is I believe it's copied from the Campaign and MP maps.

Why must they have SO MANY snowy russian bases? Grid, Summit, Array, WMD, etc.

Right, yeah the clock says 12:00, so if during FIVE, as said above, it is possible to be at Baikonur. Is there a possible way to narrow it down between Oct 16 and Nov 22? I feel that that may be the best we get for now.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Right, yeah the clock says 12:00, so if during FIVE, as said above, it is possible to be at Baikonur. Is there a possible way to narrow it down between Oct 16 and Nov 22? I feel that that may be the best we get for now.

it's moved to November 17th now, if we're going off that it takes place at Baikonur.

Cause that's when Woods, Mason, Bowman, and Weaver infiltrate.

Ahh, so that fits the FIVE timeline too. Hmm, I want to believe that the campaign and Zombies are the same timeline, I just can't tell. I mean it fits perfect to be the same, we learn things that fit well if they are the same. It just is hard because they are two separate things so I can't tell. I mean if there was a breakout at Baikonur, I doubt they would contain it when they left ya know? I don't it just seems like there is a breakout in Zombies, but the campaign version of the location is perfectly fine like 3 days later.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

Ahh, so that fits the FIVE timeline too. Hmm, I want to believe that the campaign and Zombies are the same timeline, I just can't tell. I mean it fits perfect to be the same, we learn things that fit well if they are the same. It just is hard because they are two separate things so I can't tell. I mean if there was a breakout at Baikonur, I doubt they would contain it when they left ya know? I don't it just seems like there is a breakout in Zombies, but the campaign version of the location is perfectly fine like 3 days later.

I don't know, they all had dealt with this before. The spies in 935, they knew what they were doing.

I think it takes place November 18, 1963. The Day after the SOG assault on Baikonur, that explains why it's all in chaos. It's the night after that attack.

And the Russians never even had to do anything because by the time reinforcements arrived, Richtofen and the rest of them had slaughtered all the zombies.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

You make great points, it does seem possible then. I have always just asked myself, did they actually finish them off or just escape?

We can never know, because when we play zombies they always keep coming.

But I believe they did after receiving the M134 mini guns.

Guest football5699

I have a feeling they booked out of Ascension because they were most likely getting overwhelmed.

Whoa wait...god i am so rusty...what did we conclude that like debris in Ascension below the hole in the wall box spawn is. I think its the tip of one of the rockets but I forget if that was ever part of the story or w/e lol

I have a feeling they booked out of Ascension because they were most likely getting overwhelmed.

Whoa wait...god i am so rusty...what did we conclude that like debris in Ascension below the hole in the wall box spawn is. I think its the tip of one of the rockets but I forget if that was ever part of the story or w/e lol

I didn't know there was any suspicious debris, could you get a picture?