User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Forum Menu

More Staff Online

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Sign in to follow this  

Character Profiles.

Guest LMW-YBC

this might be a stupid question, but why is Maxis's name spelled with a "v"?

That's how it is spelt(Or at least how most people spell it).

Guest LMW-YBC

this might be a stupid question, but why is Maxis's name spelled with a "v"?

That's how it is spelt(Or at least how most people spell it).

Guest Tac

That's how it's spelled in the story, but in Germany itself, they almost ALWAYS use a 'w' not a 'v'

Guest Tac

That's how it's spelled in the story, but in Germany itself, they almost ALWAYS use a 'w' not a 'v'

Guest aegisknight

well unless its actually written in the game somewhere as "ludvig", it would be "Ludwig", since Germans pronounce W's as V's. I think scandinavians spell it with a V, though.

I just find it weird

Guest aegisknight

well unless its actually written in the game somewhere as "ludvig", it would be "Ludwig", since Germans pronounce W's as V's. I think scandinavians spell it with a V, though.

I just find it weird

Guest Tac

well unless its actually written in the game somewhere as "ludvig", it would be "Ludwig", since Germans pronounce W's as V's.

I just find it weird

It is actually a 'V' in Kino or Der Riese, can't remember which.

Guest Tac

well unless its actually written in the game somewhere as "ludvig", it would be "Ludwig", since Germans pronounce W's as V's.

I just find it weird

It is actually a 'V' in Kino or Der Riese, can't remember which.

Guest aegisknight

well like I put in my edit, that would imply Maxis isn't german, but Scandinavian.

Guest aegisknight

well like I put in my edit, that would imply Maxis isn't german, but Scandinavian.

Guest Tac

Well we don't know the origins of him so that is easily possible, good thinking

Guest Tac

Well we don't know the origins of him so that is easily possible, good thinking

Guest MurderMachineX

Everyone used to spell it Ludwig, until in Kino der Toten, you can see his nameplate in the Pack-A-Punch room, which says Ludvig.

And while we're talking about spelling, Gersch and Gersh are synonymous. Treyarch has used both. Gersch is more common, so that's what I use.

Also, the Nuke was officially called by Treyarch as "Ka-Boom" much like Quick Revive as "Revive Soda".

And it's V-R11! (jk, yeah, I'm finicky with spelling)

And Ludvig is never explicitly said to be German, but he's assumed to be, since he's the head of a German project. I mean, that's just common association, but by all means, it is possible that he is not, since 935 was multinational; they didn't care. If anything, he has a Germanic accent.

Guest MurderMachineX

Everyone used to spell it Ludwig, until in Kino der Toten, you can see his nameplate in the Pack-A-Punch room, which says Ludvig.

And while we're talking about spelling, Gersch and Gersh are synonymous. Treyarch has used both. Gersch is more common, so that's what I use.

Also, the Nuke was officially called by Treyarch as "Ka-Boom" much like Quick Revive as "Revive Soda".

And it's V-R11! (jk, yeah, I'm finicky with spelling)

And Ludvig is never explicitly said to be German, but he's assumed to be, since he's the head of a German project. I mean, that's just common association, but by all means, it is possible that he is not, since 935 was multinational; they didn't care. If anything, he has a Germanic accent.

Guest aegisknight

I'm not 100% convinced that 935 was a German project, but I'll start another thread about that

Guest aegisknight

I'm not 100% convinced that 935 was a German project, but I'll start another thread about that

Guest MurderMachineX

Gersh was used in the Achievement relating to the Gersh Device.

935 was a project started in Germany. Lack of funding caused the necessity to form a contract with the Nazi Party. They had no national affiliations membership-wise. They were still a German-based organization, just like Google is USA-based.

Guest MurderMachineX

Gersh was used in the Achievement relating to the Gersh Device.

935 was a project started in Germany. Lack of funding caused the necessity to form a contract with the Nazi Party. They had no national affiliations membership-wise. They were still a German-based organization, just like Google is USA-based.

Guest aegisknight

Started, but I don't think it had anything to do with germany. I posted a thread in the Asylum thats pending approval.

Guest aegisknight

Started, but I don't think it had anything to do with germany. I posted a thread in the Asylum thats pending approval.

Guest MurderMachineX

Well the Moon Radios specifically state the Nazis funded them.

Okay. I'll look at it when it comes. But w-w-w-wait a minute. Threads in Asylum have to be approved? I didn't know that.

Guest MurderMachineX

Well the Moon Radios specifically state the Nazis funded them.

Okay. I'll look at it when it comes. But w-w-w-wait a minute. Threads in Asylum have to be approved? I didn't know that.

Guest Tac

How is it not German related? I mean they created it, worked on Die Glocke for Germany, asked the Riechstag for funding, had a majority of their complexes in Germany. I mean Maxis sound German, Richtofen is from Germany, I mean it seems like a lot of work to say it's not German ya know?

@MurderMachineX

Yup they do, the mods/dwellers have to approve it. It's not that hard to get into the Asylum though. As long as the theory isn't trash or use excessive language you should be good to get in.