My Theory on when Shangri-La takes place

Guest football5699

Guest SwissGrizz

What about SL being after CotD. SL is known for being a Paradise and the achievement is to release the four characters to Paradise. So this is what I think. Release the Four characters to Paradise does NOT refer to SL. I think it does in fact refer to Area 51 (aka Paradise Ranch). So I do think there will be an Area 51 map. People have to stop saying: "ZOMG THERE WILL NEVER BE AN AREA 51 MAP. ALIENS DONT EXIST". Its not like the only things in Area 51 are related to Aliens.

I think we'll just have to wait for SL to come out because right now we dont know how they arrive on the map. IE: Teleportation or Time Travel.

Also. I think there is a different time line of when the maps take place, and when the characters get there.

I think it goes like this:

Based on date:

1. Verruckt

2. NDU/SNN

3. Der Riese

4. Ascension

5. Kino

6. CotD

7. Shangri-La

However, the characters go to each map like this:

*1. Verruckt

*2. NDU

3. Der Riese

4. Kino (Teleporter overloads w/ DG2 and sends the Crew into the future. DG2 is lost in Aether)

5. CotD (Crew time travels here. As they get teleported to Paradise, DG2 leaves the Aether and lands in real life)

6. MISSING MAP (Possibly Area 51 map)

7. Shangri-La

8. Shi No Numa

9. Ascension.

* - Not relevant to Richtofen and crew.

^ This is just a quick theory I devised. Not really based on facts. If I'm clearly wrong, correct me please (:

Guest football5699

I believe there will be an Area 51 since they now have the map model for it. To football5699, what do u mean Der Riese was first outbreak?I agree that it could definitely be after kino before ascension. Also IMO the guns aren't relative.

Like Der Riese is where the zombies first started running rampant. That is where the original testing was based on radios (all theories aside of course). We play on Der Riese AFTER Richtofen kills Maxis/Zombies get out of control etc. Hope that clears it up.

Guest Zombieofthedead

I believe there will be an Area 51 since they now have the map model for it. To football5699, what do u mean Der Riese was first outbreak?I agree that it could definitely be after kino before ascension. Also IMO the guns aren't relative.

I hope to god there isn't an Area 51 (just my opinion). BTW, guns are relative to the time, which is why the classic maps make no sense. With CotD, they were props, so I guess they ment to make the movie 60s era.

@ SwissGrizz we discused that COTD is after ascension. see a few posts down.

Guest football5699

I hope to god there isn't an Area 51 (just my opinion). BTW, guns are relative to the time, which is why the classic maps make no sense. With CotD, they were props, so I guess they ment to make the movie 60s era.

@ SwissGrizz we discused that COTD is after ascension. see a few posts down.

Well we haven't seen a Ranger-esque gun that Rooker was using so maybe it isn't.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Well we haven't seen a Ranger-esque gun that Rooker was using so maybe it isn't.

We didn't see machetes or pitchforks either (Even though EVERYONE wanted those). Treyarch simply didn't put that there.

Well that's where they were created in dr but that's not the first breakout IMO. I don't think the guns are relative (wonder weapons aside) because of the classic maps. For Shangri-La let's put all facts here:

Due to the "stupid Gersch" quote, it is AFTER Ascension.

Due to the "too far into the future" quote, I believe they teleported back in time to Shangri-La. To swissgrizz, Shangri la is considered modern paradise, so yes, this is the paradise they are referring to.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Well that's where they were created in dr but that's not the first breakout IMO. I don't think the guns are relative (wonder weapons aside) because of the classic maps. For Shangri-La let's put all facts here:

Most likely classic maps are not relavent, they were just added into black ops. They don't count simply due to all of the errors in the time period.

Due to the "too far into the future" quote, I believe they teleported back in time to Shangri-La. To swissgrizz, Shangri la is considered modern paradise, so yes, this is the paradise they are referring to.

If they did teleport back through time, I don't think it is very far. I'm thinking Treyarch is somehow going to do something related to 2012

Most likely classic maps are not relavent, they were just added into black ops. They don't count simply due to all of the errors in the time period.

If they did teleport back through time, I don't think it is very far. I'm thinking Treyarch is somehow going to do something related to 2012

I agree they aren't relevant but they kinda are. The time travel radio on SNN? That's relevant. Isn't cotd in 2011? I heard 2013 but found no proof.

Also I'd like to retract my comment about the stupid Gersch quote, forgot that that was regarding cotd. Also you CAN see Takeos mustache

Guest football5699

I feel like I'm in X-Files. I WANT TO BELIEVEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But seriously, I'm hoping Dempsey's streak of 4th wall breakage (probably not a word) continues with that Gersch quote. I know they are usually obvious but I think a map placement in the timeline usually isn't that obvious either. Hell, we are still debating Ascension and Five and that seemed like a given.

Guest football5699

Also I'd like to retract my comment about the stupid Gersch quote, forgot that that was regarding cotd. Also you CAN see Takeos mustache

Sorry with the double post but I just downloaded the trailer but if you could get a still that would be great.

Sorry with the double post but I just downloaded the trailer but if you could get a still that would be great.

It's faintly noticeable, just concentrate.

mustachey.jpg

Also, what is this 4th wall stuff?

Guest football5699

Yea i just frame by framed it too and I THINK I see it. One other interesting thing I found was that Richtofen does not have the cut on his head that is there in Ascension so this HAS to be before then.

When someone breaks the 4th wall you are breaking character. Like when Dempsey says "Hey Treyarch can we get a new objective" or when Richtofen has a sound quote that says "I've been recognized by Trey---I mean the Iluminati" when you get a trophy. People were so livid about Gersch that that quote most likely refers to that but everyone has their own opinion.

Yea i just frame by framed it too and I THINK I see it. One other interesting thing I found was that Richtofen does not have the cut on his head that is there in Ascension so this HAS to be before then.

When someone breaks the 4th wall you are breaking character. Like when Dempsey says "Hey Treyarch can we get a new objective" or when Richtofen has a sound quote that says "I've been recognized by Trey---I mean the Iluminati" when you get a trophy. People were so livid about Gersch that that quote most likely refers to that but everyone has their own opinion.

Ok so, Shangri-La is pre-Ascension. Got it. And I do see his mustache, it's faint, but there. Also, the 4th wall seems a bit out there for Gersch since he's an actual character, but I see how some can get the assumption.

Guest Zombieofthedead

I agree they aren't relevant but they kinda are. The time travel radio on SNN? That's relevant. Isn't cotd in 2011? I heard 2013 but found no proof.

COTD is indeed 2013, it says on the directors thing... forgot what it's called, in the cutscene. Like when rooker misses the fake zombie, after that.

Ok thnx, and I have concluded that I think Ascension is indeed before Kino, it only makes sense. Between the injuries and outfits and stuff. But then what about DR to Kino? Maybe they went from DR to Kino, to Ascension in the past, then to CoTD, then to S-L which is after Kino. It explains the too far into the future thing also!!

Guest ShangriLa

For, TacInsert. Here's the pic of 3/13 (March 2013) in the CoTD cutscene. I know you can't see the bottom of the 3 but thats literally the best shot you can find of the 3/13, took me a minute just trying to pause it at the exact time it shows up for better proof. :lol: Anyway, here's the pic.

282qou9.jpg

For, TacInsert. Here's the pic of 3/13 (March 2013) in the CoTD cutscene. I know you can't see the bottom of the 3 but thats literally the best shot you can find of the 3/13, took me a minute just trying to pause it at the exact time it shows up for better proof. :lol: Anyway, here's the pic.

282qou9.jpg

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Guest football5699

See now if Kino is after Ascension then something weird is going on.

Why do I have a sense that this is going to end up like Back to the Future II (alternate timelines etc.)

See now if Kino is after Ascension then something weird is going on.

Why do I have a sense that this is going to end up like Back to the Future II (alternate timelines etc.)

I love your sig!! Thanks! And I agree that this timeline, based on all evidence given, including clothing and the Gersch quote, is getting messed up, Treyarch better know how to fix this.

Guest AlphaSnake

282qou9.jpg

Looks to me like a 17... Why only two numbers for the date, 03/17 sound more like the day & month, not just the month & year as that would be pointless.

Regards Alpha.

282qou9.jpg

Looks to me like a 17... Why only two numbers for the date, 03/17 sound more like the day & month, not just the month & year as that would be pointless.

Regards Alpha.

Haha ya I just talked with someone about that, cuz when filming a movie, that wouldn't make sense. So now were back to not confirming the year, so I'm going back to my original statement of 2011. Also, do you think the eclipse in Der Riese or Shangri la are relevant to thier time?