The Diary of Kasady Rhodes

Undead

Hey CoDz, it's Christmas eve, nearly right on the dot as the hour has just struck midnight and here I lay surrounded by reminisce of an old Role Play I once did here with a handful of CoDz users. Stumbling on to some of the old artwork, I can't help but get lost in some of the story again. Good times. That being said, I've got the urge to write, so hopefully this is enjoyable to you folks and Merry Christmas!

- - - - - - - - - -

Chapter 1: Inception

December 23rd, 1931

It was a cold and quiet winter evening, almost too quiet for this time of year. But the innocence of my childish mind, eagerly awaiting Christmas morning didn't think anything different of it. Infact, it was peaceful for a change. I would spend as many days as I could here at Grandfather's old antique shop, his collection of trinkets always intriqued me, and nearly everyday would it grow. I was particularly facinated with the treasures on his highest shelf, far out of reach for anyone - that is, anyone as young as I was. There was a beautiful, gleaming glass angel I admired in particular, so pure yet so fragile. It was no wonder Grandfather kept it up so high.

As Grandfather finished locking up shop, he suddenly placed his hand on my shoulder, his hands bitter, but his smile so warm as he quietly chuckled to himself, reached for the glass angel, handing it to me as he knelt down in front of me;

"Here you go, Kasady. For you." he began; "You're mother and father would want you to have this, it's been in the family for generations, I wanted to give it to you when the time was right"

Wrapping my arms around him as I grinned from ear to ear, I did not acknowledge the false smile of my Grandfather's almost hopeless heart. He was hasty and eager to leave the shop, his shop that he'd usually spend day in and day out if Grandma would let him. The shop was slowly beginning to glow brighter as a long ebony vehicle slowly drove down the snowy streets, squeaking from a sudden halt as it arrived at Grandfather's shop. Never have I seen his face look so paranoid that night, I was confused and worried as he grabbed me by the arm, pulling me behind the counter.

"Come with me darling, quickly!" He spoke quietly;

"What is it, Grandfather?"

"No time to explain dear"

Heedlessly, he began to rummage through some drawers he kept locked behind the counter, eventually pulling out a rusty old chewing tobacco tin container of some kind, he studied it momentarily, his expression showed great uncertainty as he looked down at me;

"Take this my dear, and do not open it no matter what, do you understand?" I nodded hesitantly with grief, nothing seem to ever worry my Grandfather. "Go out through the back and get in the car, I will be out there shortly" he assured.

As I exited the back, I heard the small jingle of the bell as the front door opened, I caught only but a glimpse of two shadowed figures entering the shop, both of whom were dressed in German military uniforms. My childish curiousity got the best of me, as I made my way down the frosty steps, I stopped halfway as I heard what began as mutterings between the men and my Grandfather, evolved into a commotion. I pressed my small head and hands against the frozen door as I heard shouting from the main room.

"Where is it, old man?" The man shouted with a thick German accent.

"I don't know what you're talking about..."

"Don't lie to me! I know its here somewhere, I can feel it!"

"I swear I have no clue what you're looking for, now please, leave me be!"

My curiousity grew as I was able to hear the men were after something, perhaps it was this little container, it was nothing more than a mint container, or so it seemed. I couldn't resist Grandfather's wishes. I cracked open the little container, immediately a beam of orange light emitted through the gap of the tin lid with the brightness of the sun flowing from it - I could feel it vibrate, and the small container felt unusually warm, as though it was pulsing with energy. It felt good in my hands, and it looked like nothing more than just a pebble. I was distracted by amazement, almost unaware of the world around me.

My ears suddenly rang with the sound of a gun shot, my heart immediately stopped, as did the world around me as I feared the worst. The small jingle rang once more as the men quickly exited the shop, I immediately burst back through the back door shouting for my Grandfather, only to find him lying in a pool of his own blood in the middle of the floor, cold and lifeless. Waves of anquish and pain shot through me as I cried, collapsing on to his lifeless body, I broke into a hopeless sob. Clenching a fist over the mysterious pebble, as I heavily mourned over my Grandfather's death, the pain of my loss was great, too great to realize the pebble had began to burn deep into my palm. I grew weak, and eventually blacked out.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic