My thoughts on Black Ops 2 zombies

Alright. So I was pretty mad that the forum just somehow deleted my draft right now. (Actually, really mad, I just spent a lot of times typing it!) So I’ll just get right to the point.

First of all: It’s good to be back, head first into the new zombie Treyarch had offered. I haven’t come back in a while, so I guess I wasn’t as dedicated as I thought. After some playthroughs and watching a few videos, I came here to talk about my thoughts and what I discovered from the experience.

P.s. if I made a mistake, or posted this on the inappropriate place, mentioned things that some other users had already contributed, etc. feel free to leave a comment.

Tranzit

My thought

Looks good, with the feel of the post-apocalypse setting, and the nice little interactions here and there such as the bus and the ability to craft things ( I seriously freaked out making the turbine)

Interesting things I noticed

 The characters, some wear biohazard suit, other did not; might suggest a hospitable environment even after the missile fallout.

 The environment and the zombies: I took a really wild guess here, which is a continuation from my previous theory: viewtopic.php?t=18949, if the advancement of humanity, in this, I guess, a “parallel universe” stopped at the 1960s (notice the campaign is the opposite, where humanity continue to thrive into the 2025), then where did all the futuristic machinery came from? The guns, the equipment, the terminator bus driver?

Nuketown

My thought

Looks like the fan-favorite map from the first black ops is coming back for more zombie killing. The map is surprisingly easy for a zombie map despite being the smallest official zombie map yet. The atmosphere and the destroyed feel of the place seemed a bit cheesy for me.

Interesting things I noticed

 The zombies- notice their appearances, and compare with the Op 40 and Spetsnaz team from the BO nuketown. A little resemblance? I will come back to this later.

 Take place before the completion of moon easter egg- very easy to find out since Sam still act as the announcer, the yellow eye zombies and the missile that were coming at the end of the match.

 The mushroom cloud- A mushroom cloud in the background of the map. Now look at this:

(sorry , bad quality, really all I could find right now).

 The player character, in biohazard suit, same with some of the zombies.

So from some of the above evidence I pieced together a certain little interpretation of my own: After the nuke was dropped in BO, the remaining survivors of nuketown incident turned into zombies. But how? Certain theories on this forum pointed out that Area 51 contained large amount of element 115, and nuketown was located in Nevada, hmmmmmmmmm, a little test to see what happens if they use a 115-infused bomb, maybe? And now that the bomb exploded, maybe they should send a survey team in to investigate? Equipped with biohazard suits and everything? And maybe, things got out of control, and now that most of the survey team is either dead or zombified , maybe except a certain few *cough* you *cough* ? I don’t know, this seems like a far-fetched guess, but at least I have something to go on with, and I can always come back to make amend to it.

And that’s just pretty much summed up my experiences in this new installment of COD

Discuss if you will, comment and criticize if you must, thank you for taking your time to read this. -Leoguy115

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic