The search for Pre Alpha Zombies

NOTE: I have posted this at the wrong Topic, so Adimns, if you’re reading this, please removed the Cold War topic I may have accidentally posted by accident.

I’m alive! Okay, since I’ve been of the radar, I have stumbled across some pre alpha zombies from BO3 and some BO2 Pre Alpha Stuff related to Zombies. I’ll keep editing this thread when I have time.

I’ll start with the BO2 Stuff, someone by the name of Cashmint managed to get a hold these Pre Alpha Transit stuff (these are not gameplay screenshots but something he found in the BO2 pre alpha builds).7FE29FE1-22D7-45E5-9740-AD330BD2EEE2.jpegFDEC0754-A2D0-400F-AAF3-25E38CE75E83.png62769904-49E0-42FF-9CFA-C16A5A614317.png51F010A8-5663-4665-A9EA-B67ADE5DF841.pngD870DC44-3F8D-4139-BF9A-E5ADA6E0B792.png2977D3F2-BB34-43BC-B924-178EA64CA2A4.png7D3068CD-2DD8-4CD3-B890-B66E65BF76C8.png0347BD60-B29C-4E06-9D4B-FD850904DCE2.jpeg

There is a screenshot load of Shadows of Evil and Buried stuff so here’s an Imgur link

M.IMGUR.COM

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your...

Edited by Lack of finding names
  • Brains 1
4 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Excellent work collecting all of these images! Very interesting to see the design philosophy.

Thanks! It’s rare to see this kind of screenshots since they’re in Discord Servers and sometimes hidden by those certain users getting a hold from them from others who has those builds in BO3‘s case. BO2 on the other hand is harder since most of the Builds those guys told me doesn’t have Zombies in it sadly as it’s mostly Mulitplayer. But I hope an BO2 pre alpha Zombies build is found one day.

Edited by Lack of finding names
  • Brains 1
  • 1 year later...
On 3/6/2023 at 5:31 AM, Lack of finding names said:

Woah, I wasn't expecting a Hi-Rez screenshot of this. Though, are still more Pre-Alpha Tranzit left to find?

I'm not really sure about it, but i hope there will be more stuff found. Also, here is a screenshot of a very very early version of die risespacer.png

• Like 1
11 hours ago, UnoMini said:

I'm not really sure about it, but i hope there will be more stuff found. Also, here is a screenshot of a very very early version of die risespacer.png

This Die Rise is very early, but I assume there would've been more buildings to say the least. But was it intended to be in a different place or in China as suggested when it was mapped out ahead?

On 3/8/2023 at 9:48 AM, Lack of finding names said:

This Die Rise is very early, but I assume there would've been more buildings to say the least. But was it intended to be in a different place or in China as suggested when it was mapped out ahead?

Couldn't find any info on that

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 3/8/2023 at 8:48 AM, Lack of finding names said:

Interesting you mention this. I recall that somewhere in the past, someone made the rumour that Die Rise was originally intended to take place in Russia. I've never been able to retrieve this statement, neither on CoDZ Forum nor on its Discord server. Rumour could be untrue of course, but I'm certain someone once mentioned it.

In the Die Rise quotes, there is an unused Stuhlinger quote referring to Russia:

"Ah, Russia" - gripe_russia_d_0

Just that. But it is interesting since it is unused, may support the rumour. When looking at the inspirational photo at the bottom right of the Die Rise early version, do you have any idea what/where this is? Reminds me a bit of the Moscow metro, although that wouldnt make sense in a skyscraper map. 

There is also Russian writing on some bio tanks found in Die Rise, although the writing is reused from Ascension and can also be found in Tranzit, so I suppose it doesn't necessarily confirm that Die Rise was originally in a Russian city.

And lastly, if the rumour would be true, what made the developers to change it to China?

• Brains 1
On 3/23/2023 at 10:02 AM, anonymous said:

Interesting you mention this. I recall that somewhere in the past, someone made the rumour that Die Rise was originally intended to take place in Russia. I've never been able to retrieve this statement, neither on CoDZ Forum nor on its Discord server. Rumour could be untrue of course, but I'm certain someone once mentioned it.

In the Die Rise quotes, there is an unused Stuhlinger quote referring to Russia:

"Ah, Russia" - gripe_russia_d_0

Just that. But it is interesting since it is unused, may support the rumour. When looking at the inspirational photo at the bottom right of the Die Rise early version, do you have any idea what/where this is? Reminds me a bit of the Moscow metro, although that wouldnt make sense in a skyscraper map. 

There is also Russian writing on some bio tanks found in Die Rise, although the writing is reused from Ascension and can also be found in Tranzit, so I suppose it doesn't necessarily confirm that Die Rise was originally in a Russian city.

And lastly, if the rumour would be true, what made the developers to change it to China?

There's more early Die Rise stuff the guys from the shadows obtained with early design docs.

1679837932863-b5f44b60-d2c7-4782-a9ca-d4

cee7b646-7c34-4691-97de-aafa337876ed-image.png

568e9f47-9d32-480b-b793-82c654c87b2a-image.png

Also, here's a very very early Tranzit map layout after BO1's release if told.

f0bbd3d0-1b20-4288-ae38-42376fd7d2e1-image.png

• Like 1