Outbreak Season 3 Intel

RadZakpak

• Moderators

Requiem (26/26)

Audio Logs (8)

"The Beacon" (Location: On Duga, in Chemical Processing on the second floor of the large building to the left.) - Grey muses on the origin of "the Beacon" and other strange devices found in the Outbreak Zones.

Spoiler

Grey: So - I've been thinking a bit about the Beacon. You know - the thing we've been casually using to move between different areas of the Outbreak zone?

Grey: Well, we don't know what it is - or who built it. Same goes for the funny little vending machines.

Grey: We think they're safe - certainly no one's lost anything while using them - but they are something of a peculiarity...

Grey: They appear to have been cobbled together from machine parts pulled from different time periods in our world - A bit of this from the '50s, a dash of that from the '60s, a sprinkle of something from the '80s... You get the idea.

Grey: It just doesn't really make sense them being here. Now - I've got a theory - and it is only a theory - that someone or... something in the Dark Aether has sent them here to help us.

Grey: Not sure, but definitely something to look into...

"Embarrassment of Riches" (Location: On Alpine, on the top floor of the lodge.) - Strauss relishes the increased Aetherium collections from the Ural Mountains and mentions some new opportunities created by this windfall.

Spoiler

Strauss: I was reviewing Aetherium production reports this morning, and... it seems we are running out of storage space.

Strauss: My, my. The worm has certainly turned for Energy Research, ever since we began operations in the Urals. I have more Aetherium now than I know what to do with, thanks mostly to my harvester units.

Strauss: This embarrassment of riches has allowed us to put several new projects into development, not least of which is Requiem's very own teleporter.

Strauss: Oh, it is not quite ready yet, but I would be my slide-rule that it will surpass the crude portals Dr. Peck slapped together in Vietnam.

Strauss: Then there is the new prototype from the weapons lab. Carver asks about it every day, like a child impatient for Christmas. *chuckles*

Strauss: Patience, Major. You shall have your new Wonder Weapon soon enough

"Doubts" (Location: On Duga, in the SAM Site, in the center of the central building.) - Weaver and Carver discuss their decision to cut off Maxis's communications with the strike team and their assessment of the risks she might pose.

Spoiler

Weaver: I wanted to ask - Do you have any doubts about the decisions we've made regarding Agent Maxis.

Carver: Doubts? As you know - in the military - doubts rarely do you any good after a decision has already been made.

Weaver: But does that mean you don't have them?

Carver: We all have doubts, Weaver. It's what makes us good at what we do. It's what makes us human. If we didn't have doubts we might as well just put a tactical computer program in charge of operations.

Weaver: I'm just worried that our decision to take away the radio she used to talk to the team could render her more... Unstable.

Carver: All the more reason to stick by the decision we made. Regardless of how useful she's been in the past, the last thing we need is instability within our chain of command.

Weaver: She's done so much for us. We wouldn't even be here if she hadn't risked her life to get us the Projekt Endstation footage.

Carver: I know... And I know how close you are to her. The most important thing we can do now is to make sure that she gets better... To make sure that she in no way compromises our mission. Of that, I have zero doubts.

Weaver: Thank you, Major. I appreciate your perspective.

Weaver: That'll be all.

(R) "Death Squads" (Location: In Ruka, in a tent at the Old Farm.) - Carver shares his thoughts on the undead hordes hunting Requiem personnel in the Ural Mountains Outbreak Zone.

Spoiler

Carver: While a whole lot has been going right for us in the Oh-Zee, Field Ops is reporting an increase in Dark Aether assaults on our strike teams and security patrols.

Carver: It's almost as if the infected are changing up their tactics. They're starting to ambush our people with heavily armed undead... hordes.

Carver: Well, maybe "horde" isn't quite the right word. That implies a lack of organization. But the reports I'm seeing refer to specific combinations of enemies -- foot-soldiers supporting elites, working together in a coordinated fashion.

Carver: This all started happening after we took down a few of their high-value targets. I can't help but think they've realized we're going after their top brass, and now they're out for payback.

Carver: I don't know. Maybe I'm overestimating their brainpower. I mean, even ants will pull together to defend their queen.

Carver: But what if I'm right? What if these hordes really are organized death squads? Our little war with the Dark Aether may have just entered a whole new phase. Fuck.

(R) "Eyes Only" (Location: On Duga, in Worker Services on the second floor.) - Carver saw something he shouldn't have -- and it seems to confirm his worst fears.

Spoiler

Carver: Okay, Mac, okay. Just gotta take a breath now and shake off these jitters. Think it through...

Carver: Fact: Dark Aether hostiles come in different classes, different threat levels. It's why we're calling some Specials, some Elites, and some... Apex-level.

Carver: Fact: we've seen them work together, attacking us with a mix of offensive capabilities. Reminds me of how we outfit platoons with a range of weapons -- riflemen, snipers, heavy gunners. The others roll their eyes when I point this out, but I know a tactical unit when I see one.

Carver: And then there's what I saw today, while i was waiting in the Director's office...

Carver: It was right there on his desk, face up in his in-box. Straight from the DNI -- "Eyes Only." You don't just leave that kind of document lying around. Was he testing me?

Carver: Anyhow, the memo confirms what I've been trying to warn them about. They know there's a top dog on the other side -- some kind of entity in charge of the rest. So why aren't we talking about that? Why aren't we making plans to take that damned thing out? Gonna have to play this cool, act like I didn't see nothing.

Carver: But I sure as hell did.

(R) "Operation Baldr" (Location: In Duga, in Radar Control.) - From Requiem's archives: a recording of Projekt Endstation Director Vogel in which he believes he has saved the Reich from defeat.

Spoiler

Vogel: Ulrich Vogel, director of Projekt Endstation. 29th of January, 1945. *sigh*

Vogel: Well, it is finally done. Two days ago we bid farewell to those sent here by the Fuhrer to carry out Operation Baldr. Godspeed, heroes of the Reich.

Vogel: Unfortunately, the strain proved too much for the cyclotron. Several seals blew on the cooling unit and radioactive steam contaminated the station.

Vogel: I ordered an evacuation. The entire staff is gone now -- on their way to join our forces in retreat, but with the Red Army advancing, I can only hope they got away in time.

Vogel: As for me, I have chosen to remain and monitor the equipment. I must confirm Task Force Baldr is in position. Everything now rides on their success.

Vogel: I have no illusions about my chances here. This is Soviet territory now and when they find me they will surely kill me. But in a sense they are already too late.

Vogel: I alone have secured the future of our nation.

(R) "Dissent and Division" (Location: On Sanatorium, on the monorail near the small island.) - Ravenov contacts Weaver with an exciting development: Omega scientists want to defect.

Spoiler

Ravenov: It's been a long time, Weaver.

Weaver: Ravenov? You've got some balls using this line after what you and Sam did.

Ravenov: We did the right thing. You may not say it out loud, but I know, in your heart, you agree.

Weaver: If you have intelligence, you contact me, Ravenov. Maxis is not C-I-A. She can't help you.

Ravenov: And yet, we achieved what you could not: dissent and division within Omega itself.

Weaver: What are you talking about?

Ravenov: The fallout from Operatsiya Inversiya. In Omega. People are talking. Staff are scared -- concerned about the KGB's direction. Some believe they have gone too far.

Ravenov: I have been contacted. By a group of Omega Scientists. They wish to defect.

Weaver: Great. They know where the embassy is in Moscow.

Ravenov: Don't be a mudak, Weaver. These are good people. They defect not out of hatred, but out of passion. They seek to right Omega's wrongs.

Ravenov: These scientists report directly to Valentina and Peck. We both know what that would mean for Requiem. The embassy is a death sentence. You know this. We may as well deliver straight to gulag.

Weaver: Okay... okay. Let me run it upstairs. I'll be in touch.

Weaver: Oh, and Ravenov? Don't ever call me on Sam's line again.

(R) "News From Upstairs" (Location: On Sanatorium, beneath the bridge.) - Weaver contacts Ravenov to confirm that Requiem is willing to take Omega's defectors.

Spoiler

Weaver: Ravenov, can you hear me?

Ravenov: Loud and clear. What news from "upstairs"?

Weaver: We have a green light.

Ravenov: Khoroshiye novosti! Good news indeed. I knew you would see things my way.

Weaver: Here's the deal. First. I need names, ranks, ages, breakdowns on all the defectors -- and their roles.

Ravenov: You will have it. Next?

Weaver: Next. The scientists are to travel to the Ural Mountains. We'll use my strike team for evac while they're in the Oh-Zee.

Ravenov: It will be done. When the scientists are in position, I will contact you to provide extraction.

Weaver: One more thing. We do this, we do it my way. You work with me. No more of this behind my back bullshit. Understood?

Ravenov: Da, Weaver. You're the boss.

Weaver: Damn straight.

Ravenov: Khoroshiy, comrade. That is the spirit. I will be in touch. When the time is right.

Documents (8)

"Extraction Rocket Blueprint" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Design specs for the rocket used to transport Aetherium payloads out of the Ural Mountains Outbreak Zone. With additional notes from Strauss.

Spoiler

CIA MGM-134Z: EXTRACTION ROCKET

DESIGNATION: ECM-EXT1

OFFICE OF REQUIEM - DS&T

Note 1:

Irrespective of the actions of my countrymen, I did sincerely hope my work would lead to a different world - a better world.

SO WHY DOES IT ALWAYS COME DOWN TO ROCKETS AND BOMBS?!

Note 2: 

Adapted from XMGM-134A "Midgetman" prototype (dreadful name). Fastest, safest way to extract Aetherium samples. Overland transport from the USSR out of the question.

Approved: Oskar Strauss

Date: 04/17/84

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 12-04-39.png

"Dark Aether Object Report" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Official Requiem repot defining and classifying Dark Aether Objects.

Spoiler

DARK AETHER OBJECT - SUMMARY REPORT

29 September 1984

1. DEFINITION: DARK AETHER OBJECT (D.A.O.) is any object transmuted out of pure essence. These objects may be of any state of matter but are created from Dark Aethereal essence. A D.A.O. can come into existence through three methods: CREATION, MANIPULATION, and IMPERSONATION.

2. CREATION: CREATION refers to a D.A.O. manufactured directly from Essence, the bioenergy that animates all Dark Aether species. Using Energy Research's ESSENCE CONVERSION MODULES, we can syphon the essence from biological creatures and convert it into an object. Example: essence collected from an infected can be converted into the Cymbal Monkey Explosive Device.

3. MANIPULATION: MANIPULATION refers to a D.A.O. created when essence interacts with an existing object and transmutes it. We've encountered this phenomenon with the DARK AETHER RECON ROVER's simian specimens, where they will return altered, for example, in the form of sandbags or an apple crate.

4. IMPERSONATION: IMPERSONATION refers to a D.A.O. created by the Dark Aether species classified as MIMIC. This predator can temporarily transform itself into a D.A.O. to lure unsuspecting prey into its grasp. In this instance, the Mimic is altering its own essence to deceive those around it. It is unknown if this ability is restricted to the Mimic or if other creatures can also manipulate their own biochemistry for camouflage.

5. METHODOLOGY: Currently, Energy Research has no control over which Dark Aether Object will be created or manipulated, however it has been observed that the essence only generates objects it has previously encountered. Thus far, the only objects generated are other objects found within the Outbreak Zones. As the Dark Aether expands into our world, it is able to add new objects to its "genetic memory."

"Crate Memo" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - A memo prepared by Weaver summarizing all the different types of Dark Aether Cates encountered in the Outbreak Zone.

Spoiler

Marked September 12, 1984

MEMORANDUM FOR: Dr. Grey

SUBJECT: Dark Aether Crates

Per your request, I've compiled a summary of all known Dark Aether Crates my strike team has encountered during their operations in the Ural Outbreak Zone. Currently, there are three classifications.

1) STANDARD: this refers to the crates found placed throughout the various regions of the Outbreak Zone. These crates contain munitions, equipment, and salvage. They come in three sizes, seemingly correlating directly to the quality of its resources. Small: poor, Large: high. They represent the most common of the three classifications.

2) PORTAL: Portal Crates fall from the Dark Aether through sky-breaches. Unlike the Standard classification, these crates are initially sealed. When our team interacts with them, hostiles swarm their location. Once all threats have been eliminated, the crate is unlocked, and provides resources of a higher quality than anything found in a Standard crate. It seems the reward is directly tied to a strike team's survival; once they demonstrate they are superior to their adversaries, they earn their reward.

3) DRAGON: Easily the most unusual, the Dragon crate comes from the Dragon Rocket Module, a Dark Aether construct that collects essence from infected subjects. The strike team must kill undead targets in the proximity of the module for the essence to be collected. After a predetermined period, the module returns to the Dark Aether, leaving behind a crate. Unlike the Portal classifications, the quality of this crate is dependent on the volume of essence provided.

All three classifications seem to support your theory: someone in the Dark Aether is trying to help us. Sometimes the method is unorthodox (collecting essence, trial by combat), but the end result equips our strike team with the tools necessary to survive.

The 'Who', 'How', and 'Why' remain a mystery, but there's some comfort knowing there's someone over there that may be on our side. For now, at least.

"E.C.M. Blueprint" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Plans for the orbital units that convert zombie essence into Dark Aether Objects. With additional notes from Strauss.

Spoiler

CIA SMS-171R ESSENCE CONVERSION MODULE

DESIGNATION: ECM-CONV

OFFICE OF REQUIEM - DS&T

Note 1:

The modules have proven effective at siphoning essence from infected specimens... provided Weaver's strike team does their part.

Note 2: 

How Essence Conversion can create so many different objects is one of many unanswered questions. We must discover the key to controlling this process.

--S

Approved: Oskar Strauss

Date: 04/28/84

8eb06bfa-47c4-4f90-9d78-90d7329929de.png

(R) "Investigation Request" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - An official request from Strauss to the Director for an investigation into the fate of missing Axis scientists captured by the Soviets.

Spoiler

Marked October 04, 1984

MEMORANDUM FOR: The Director

SUBJECT: Missing Axis Scientists

As you know, I am not a sentimental man. But lately I find myself thinking about the waning days of WWII and how I made it my business to surrender to American forces. The alternative - capture by the Red Army - was too terrible to contemplate. Happily, I ended up among the Axis scholars and scientists brought here by Operation Paperclip.

Not everyone shared my good fortune. I cannot help but wonder about all my former colleagues presumed captured and killed by the Soviets. With no definitive record of their fate, the possibility remains that even now they toil in Soviet laboratories, representing a real and present danger that must be quantified. If our side got moon landings, ICBMs and Aetherium weapons from Paperclip scientists, what might the USSR be extracting from their Axis scholars?

Specifically, what became of those who oversaw Germany's Wunderwaffen programs? I personally knew scientists developing the Sonnengewehr orbital solar weapon, the Haunebu "flying saucer" aircraft, and the antigravity generator known as Die Glocke. All went missing in 1945 - as did their immediate families. I picture them working for Omega Group now, their loved ones held hostage. 

I also wonder about German expeditions to find even more exotic weapons and sources of power. The SS Ahnenerbe unit scoured the globe for the likes of Thor's hammer, the holy grail and Atlantis itself. Fantastical, yes, but what if the scholars they forced to help them actually found something usable?

Most of all I wonder about Dr. Ulrich Vogel, my supervisor at Projekt Endstation. In a sense, he started our war against the Dark Aether. What became of him? Not to mention, his wife and daughter?

I therefore formally request the allocation of Requiem and CIA resources to officially investigate and verify the fate of these former Axis scientists and research experts. If they're still alive and represent a threat, we must know and prepare for it.

I look forward to your reply.

Oskar Strauss

Lead - Energy Research

"Denied"

Scheisse. I knew I shouldn't have mentioned Atlantis.

(R) "Zykov Assessment" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Weaver, Grey, Strauss and Carver offer their observations on their newly-revealed ally on the other side.

Spoiler

SGT. KAZIMIR ZYKOV - SUMMARY & ASSESSMENT

10 October 1984

SUMMARY: SGT. KAZIMIR ZYKOV was a mechanic in the Soviet 1st Guards Tank Army. In February 1945, when the Soviets discovered Projekt Endstation, Sgt. Zykov was ordered to deactivate the particle accelerator. He was sealed inside and presumed dead. That changed last month when he identified himself to Requiem's strike team as the individual communicating through the Dark Aether Computer Device. As requested, Requiem's senior staff have provided statements and recommendations on how to proceed with future Zykov interactions.

SOO WEAVER: We have confirmed Sgt. Zykov is the same individual who spoke to our team at Projekt Endstation and Outpost 25. If Dr. Grey's theory is correct (which I suspect it is) then Zykov's role in my team's survival has been critical. As to his motives, I am less certain and have concerns. I have recommended my team continue communications, but to exercise caution and repot all contacts.

DR GREY: Wherever our strike team deploys, they encounter numerous machines, crafting stations and utility crates that have facilitated their survival. Beverages with physiologically altering effects, a kiln of sorts that fortifies their weapons' integrity, and a computer that awards "prizes." All evidence points to Zykov as our mysterious benefactor. It seems he does wish to help us - but to what end remains the question. We need to identify his intentions.

DR STRAUSS: I would strongly urge we tread carefully. Let us assume he is Zykov. That would mean, due to temporal dilation, he has spent an incalculable amount of time in the Dark Aether. As a result, his exposure to Aetherium would be greater than any other living human. From a research perspective, the opportunity to study such an individual is indeed tantalizing - what could be learned about how the human body interacts with Aetherium would be unprecedented. My only concern is how do we know it is even Zykov at all.

MAJ CARVER: I'm of two minds on Zykov. First: he's telling the truth. If that's the case, he represents an asset we cannot possibly ignore. The breadth of knowledge he would possess on the Dark Aether, and the threat it poses, has no comparison. Alternatively, he's lying. We've seen what this dimension does to people trapped in there for a few days. Hell, we've seen what happens after a few hours. You think he walks out of there after forty years clean as a whistle? Not a chance in hell. Right now, we need to hunker down and listen to what he has to say. It's our best - and only - option at this juncture.

(R) "Power Nodes Report" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Containment & Security division's report on the huge Aetherium crystal "Power Nodes" slowly altering the environment.

Spoiler

AETHERIUM PROCESSORS - SUMMARY REPORT

06 October 1984

1. DEFINITION: AETHERIUM PROCESSORS (also known as "DARK AETHER CRYSTAL POWER NODES" or "DIMENSIONAL POWER NODES") are crystalline structures that generate concentrated levels of Aetherium, terraforming a landscape to emulate the biomes of the Dark Aether.

2. FORMATION: Aetherium Processors are seeded by the Dark Aether species classified as TEMPEST. The Tempest removes a crystal shard from itself and plants it at a location ripe with dimensional fertility. A Dark Aether Tear is then opened, where primordial aetherium provides the sustenance needed to mature the crystal to its proper size. Once it has reached maturity, an aethereal beam is projected from the Dark Aether to provide a power boost.

3. PROCESS: Using the power from the energy beam, the crystal begins to release Aetherium particles into the air, beginning the terraforming process.

4. PURPOSE: Samples taken from these regions show remarkable similarities to the more volatile areas of the Dark Aether, supporting the hypothesis that its purpose is to transform the biome to match that of the other reality.

5. EFFECT: Requiem teams have reported blurred vision, hallucinations, nausea, headaches, and impaired movement when in the vicinity of Aetherium Processors. This is unsurprising given that the air they're breathing is no longer purely oxygen.

6. IMPACT: In smaller numbers, Aetherium Processors can be dealt with easily by an efficient Requiem strike team. However, if Outbreak Zones continue to manifest around the globe, and more Aetherium Processors appear, we are looking at a potentially global terraforming event that would permanently transform the planet.

(R) "J Cipher" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Recovered Requiem cipher. Decryption is required. (Solved)

Spoiler

Plain Text:

Elizabeth.

There is a new directive coming and I wanted you to hear it from me first. Perhaps it will help spare you the initial shock when you are informed in person. There is a new project in development that will require a great deal of our aetherium reserves. Unfortunately, this means that some of your research will be put on hold indefinitely. You are not the only one affected by this. I have been informed that half of all future aetherium harvests recovered from my extraction rockets will also be diverted to this project. Now, I want to leave you with a question, be very careful who you mention this to. What do you know about Project Janus?

Radio Transmissions (4)

"Progress Update" (Location: ???) - Weaver congratulates the strike team for their successes during Operation Threshold.

Spoiler

Weaver: It may seem like our work in the Ural Mountains has just gotten started, but Langley already considers Operation Threshold a massive success.

Weaver: They said an ongoing operation in the heart of the Soviet Union was impossible. The logistics alone -- getting equipment and personnel in and out -- was enough of a challenge. But we got creative with the rockets, satellites, cargo drops... we even developed a way to refuel Raptor One mid-flight. A lot of dedicated people made this happen.

Weaver: Then there's the risk of triggering World War Three. Fortunately, both sides have a vested interest in keeping these outbreaks from the public. So anything short of a full-scale battle with Soviet forces can remain our little secret.

Weaver: Just be careful out there. What you've accomplished so far has enabled us to significantly catch up with Omega's Aetherium research. We haven't quite closed the gap yet, but I know you won't quit until we're ahead.

"A Visceral Process" (Location: ???) - Strauss gives the strike team a pat on the back while mentioning the challenges of charging up his new Essence Conversion Modules.

Spoiler

Strauss: I thought you'd like to know that our rocket retrieval crew in the North Atlantic have just recovered their one-hundredth payload of Aetherium collected in the Urals. Quite the milestone.

Strauss: Success was far from assured when Operation Threshold was still on the drawing board. Oh, I knew my Aetherium harvesters would function as designed. The hard part was bringing them back home where we could put it to good use. And we are putting it to very good use.

Strauss: My Essence Conversion Modules, on the other hand, require more direct participation from you. The creatures must be lured close and, ah... liberated of their essence. It is a rather visceral process, and the subsequent conversion of essence into objects can only be done within the Outbreak Zone. A dangerous endeavor, yes, but Major Carver assures me you are "up to the task"

Strauss: I suppose this is my way of saying we could not have gotten this far without you. No matter what technology we may employ, you are Requiem's most valuable asset. Bravo.

"Fish Out Of Water" (Location: ???) - Grey has some theories on the transformative effects of Dark Aether... and the fate of her test-monkeys.

Spoiler

Grey: Well.. We certainly do live in strange times, don't we?

Grey: First off, I wanted to thank you personally for your work on the Recon Rover missions. The lessons we're learning are going to prove invaluable as we move forward.

Grey: As you no doubt witnessed first hand, the specimens on board the Rover were physically 'transformed' after they passed into the Dark Aether.

Grey: We're trying to ascertain if this process is similar to what we saw with the creature we dubbed 'the Mimic' - but we're just not sure.

Grey: Or, were the specimens actually 'replaced' by other objects from the Dark Aether? If so - does that mean there are there now little monkeys lost in there?

Grey: Either way... It's a horrible thought.

Grey: The Rover did manage to transmit some audio and video recordings during its mission, but I really don't even want to get in to that right now.

Grey: Our working theory is that Aetherium functions in the other dimension like oxygen does in our own. That would explain why the infected can't move beyond the Outbreak Zone - If they did, they just wouldn't be able to survive... Like a fish out of water.

Grey: Last thing - Do let us know if you start to experience any strange symptoms or feel that you yourselves are... er... 'changing' in any way?

Grey: I honestly wouldn't want you to go through anything like whatever the poor Monkeys did...

Grey: Bless their little furry socks.

(R) "Commander-In-Chief" (Location: ???) - Carver asks the strike team to help him determine who is calling the shots on the other side.

Spoiler

Carver: Carver here. If there's one thing I've learned from Operation Threshold, it's that you know how to take down the biggest and baddest the Dark Aether has to offer. And hunting those HVTs has yielded good information for the lab-coats and number-crunchers. But my mind's been on the big open question hanging over it all.

Carver: If these S.O.B.s do have a pecking order, and there's any rhyme or reason to their attacks, then that suggests some sort of command structure.

Carver: I mean, we see the HVTs call in reinforcements. We see them work together, like undead platoons. So who's calling the shots over there? Who or what is their commander-in-chief?

Carver: I want you to help me find out, strike team. My fellow experts over here don't want to hear it when I tell them these things operate like an army. What I haven't told them about yet is the document I saw on the Director's desk.

Carver: The folks above my pay grade know there's gotta be a hierarchy. They're just not ready to call it out yet. So find me something they can't ignore -- some intel, some evidence. Help me figure out who's in charge on the other side. And then we'll paint a big, fat target on them.

Artifacts (6)

"Energy Mine Canister" (Location: On Sanatorium, on the roof of the smaller building at the Mechanic Shop.) - One of several interchangeable canisters for the W.A.N.D. weapon. Manipulates Aetherium to create an energy blast that detonates on enemy proximity.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 08-26-45.png

"Essence Explosive" (Location: On Duga, inside a small building near the Bunkers.) - A powerful breaching explosive used by Requiem to clear obstructions and destroy Aetherium Power Nodes.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 09-17-18.png

"Requiem Patch" (Location: On Sanatorium, on the tiny dock left of the bridge.) - Shoulder patch worn by Requiem's elite strike team.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 08-26-51.png

(R) "Aether Shroud Canister" (Location: On Alpine, inside one of the Maintenance sheds.) - One of several interchangeable canisters for the W.A.N.D. weapon. Manipulates Aetherium to temporarily phase the user into the Dark Aether, rendering them invisible to the Infected.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-05-19 09-35-03.png

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-05-19 09-35-12.png

5-19-2021_9-36-23_AM-jwckqvye.png

(R) "Transformed Apple Crate" (Location: On Golova, at the Lower Farmstead.) - Believe it or not, this was once one of Grey's test-monkeys.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-06-17 08-28-42.png

(R) "Beacon Device Component" (Location: On Duga, at the Electric Substation on a platform.) - The topmost component of a destroyed Beacon device. Believed to be the critical component that allows the strike team to travel between regions in the Ural Mountains.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-06-17 08-28-46.png

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-06-17 08-29-00.png

Omega (21/21)

Audio Logs (4)

"Leadership Techniques" (Location: On Duga, in the Admin Offices in a conference room.) - Kravchenko reveals to Valentina why he altered the purpose of Operatsiya Inversiya.

Spoiler

Kravchenko: --Just a moment. 22nd of July, 1984. Commencing meeting.

Kravchenko: Valentina. Sit. Please.

Valentina: You said you wanted to see me?

Kravchenko: Doctor, how do you find my leadership techniques?

Valentina: ...efficient... effective. You produce results.

Kravchenko: ...and you would agree that should be our goal, da? To produce results. Above all else.

Valentina: Of course, Colonel. What is this about?

Kravchenko: It occurred to me you have said very little about my... "commandeering" of Operatsiya Inversiya.

Valentina: Sir?

Kravchenko: Come now. It was your project. Until I swooped in and... snatched it from you. You must be upset. Angry.

Valentina: I am, above all else, loyal to Omega. While it is true you have--

Valentina: --"adjusted" its parameters, if you believe it is the correct course of action, you have my full support.

Kravchenko: I already had that. Give me your honesty. You must have questions.

Kravchenko: Speak freely.

Valentina: ...where did I fail? When I brought it to the Committee, they seemed impressed. Did my targets present too great a risk? Was my plan too ambitious?

Kravchenko: Too ambitious?

Kravchenko: You were not ambitious enough! But that is not a failing of yours. There is much you do not know.

Kravchenko: My intelligence tells me there is something out there. It is watching our world, looking for a way in. If it finds one... we must be ready.

Kravchenko: Rest assured. The West will be ours. But first... we must face the wolf at the door.

Valentina: As always, I follow your orders. I am committed to our cause. We were the first--

Kravchenko: --And we are the last. Very good.

Kravchenko: Without you, my Operatsiya Inversiya would not exist.

Valentina: Always happy to build a solid foundation, Colonel.

"This Isn't My Work" (Location: On Duga, in the Research Labs.) - Peck, Gorev and Valentina study the remains of a Krasny Soldat, and are shaken by the results.

Spoiler

Gorev: This better be good, Comeback Kid.

Valentina: If it is not, Gorev, at the very least it will be amusing.

Peck: Funny. Come over here, hold this retractor.

Peck: Almost... got it. Here. Look at this.

Valentina: An Omega ID badge?

Peck: Lieutenant Kazakov. Omega Armored Division at Outpost 25. He--

Valentina: --he escorted the Aethernauts in one of your tank suits, yes, I saw the blueprint. What is your point?

Gorev: I am confused as well. We have seen this before. We lose men in Dark Aether, they come back with bad skin rash. This Krasny Soldat is no different than others we have seen transformed by Aetherium.

Peck: Ah! See. That is what I thought as well. You're half-right.

Gorev: I have never been half-anything, Peck.

Peck: Ok ok... Now just a sec. This is one of our men. And the armor is very similar... but it is not the same. Look at the color. The design. This isn't my work.

Valentina: He came back with it.

Peck: And as far as I know, Aetherium crystals rot your brain, they can't give your car a new coat of paint.

Peck: Someone's upgrading them. Over there.

Gorev: We keep this between us for now. The Colonel... has developed "fiery" new ideas. I do not wish to add more kindling. Understood?

Gorev: Good. Peck: see that this "thing" is destroyed.

"Witching Hour" (Location: On Ruka, at the missile silos, outside a white building with an "A" on it.) - Peck records some late-night thoughts about his increasingly disturbing discoveries.

Spoiler

Peck: Peck. Personal log. September 3rd, 1984... 2:35 AM. The Witching Hour approaches.

Peck: Cheers.

Peck: It's been nearly two months since my arrival. Work on the Inversion Warheads proceed as planned. Operations continue to run smoothly, but...

Peck: Damn it all, you're right, Peck. You're always right. That's not what this is about.

Peck: Look... too many sleepless nights. Maybe it's too much time down here in the deep... in the darkness. I could go to the surface, but there... there are things up there science just can't explain.

Peck: The demonic echoes that keep tormenting my staff... an aethereal orb that...

Peck: I don't know, it cries out with the laughter of children? It's enough to drive a man insane.

Peck: Ugh. Not that I'm insane. No no, I'm holding it together. Nothing to worry about here. Old noggin's good.

Peck: But we keep trying to bend this reality to work for us. We mine and pilfer for resources to build our weapons and warheads... we really have no clue what we're dealing with, do we?

Peck: I mean, one second this place is trying to kill you, the next it's dropping treasure chests out of the sky. Am I crazy, or... or are we vastly underestimating the powers in play?

Peck: I found one of those computers. From the... from the Dark Aether. Omega's studied them, but don't have much to show for it.

Peck: But I've... I've spoken to someone. Someone on the other side.

Peck: I haven't told the others. Need to be careful. Keep my cards close to my chest.

Peck: After all, knowledge is power.

"His Plan, Our Plan" (Location: On Sanatorium, on the roof of the Sanatorium on one of the highest raised structures.) - Valentina discusses a strange visit -- and a shared destiny.

Spoiler

Valentina: 16th of August. 1984. Personal log.

Valentina: He visited me again tonight. As I slept, he appeared before me. He is but a shadow to me. So close yet so far. He told me to have faith. I must stay the course.

Valentina: There were recent developments last month that were... unanticipated. He assured me that all was not lost. His plan, our plan, is still on schedule.

Valentina: He had... new instructions for me. I will se that they are completed.

Valentina: We will be reunited. We will rise again. Our destiny is all but assured.

Documents (7)

"Boost Module Report" (Location: Dropped from elite enemies) - Official Omega Group report on the placement of Boost Modules in the Ural Mountains Outbreak Zone.

Spoiler

Progress Report:

Ural Mountains Breach - Boost Module Installation

As our operations continue to grow in the Ural Mountains Breach, it has been brought to my attention that our teams' mobility around the regions is greatly restricted. While convoys and security escorts are possible, delays and uncertainties with time-sensitive deliveries have rendered the more traditional transportation methods inefficient. As a result, we decided to explore more creative solutions - after all, if we are meant to be at the forefront of science, our technology should not be as unreliable or frustrating as waiting for Trolleybus B at the Red Square.

Normally we might consider teleportation, but due to Phasic interference and the regions' dimensional instabilities, Dr. Peck does not recommend teleporter use at this time. This has led us to an unconventional solution: the installation of the Boost Modules. Using the design blueprints recovered from Outpost 25, these have been assembled and deployed at strategic placements around the Outbreak Zone. Unfortunately, the design for the landing pads was lost with Outpost 25. As such, we recommend all personnel equip themselves with a parachute before use, as it dramatically improves the likelihood of survival (28% fatality rate with parachute versus 95% without. Dr. Sokolov is a lucky man.)

In the two weeks since their installation was completed, work efficiency is up 60% due to time saved on travel. While the fatality rate is close to 30%, it is an improvement over the 38.7% we were experiencing with standard transport. Also, most recent fatalities have  been the result of user error, not machine failure. If anything, we have improved transportation and natural selection. 

Gorev

Spetsgruppa Omega

"Phase Report" (Location: Acquired from Elite enemies.) - Official Omega Group report on the Dark Aetheric energy barrier.

Spoiler

Marked: 01 July of the year 1984

Progress Report:

Ural Mountains Breach - Phasic Threat Assessment

Colonel, in response to your concerns about "The Phase," I dispatched two survey teams to study the phenomenon. As with Outpost 25's outbreak, this phasic energy barrier has proven quite lethal, with a significant impact on our operations. You have seen the reports of soldiers trapped inside, driven to insanity, violence, and, ultimately, death. Even in the case of my own survey teams, two men were lost. For those who did return, they have posited some... "illuminating" theories.

Firstly, the Phase is not simply a perimeter wall. It represents a deadly "No Man's Land" connecting the many regions of the Outbreak Zone. As one of my officers put it, "imagine the Outbreak Zone were an ocean, with each region representing islands - The Phase is the water surrounding, and linking them all." Take that for what you will.

Second, the Phase is being maintained by crystalline structures. Aetherium Processors. These structures pump large quantities of Aetherium into the environment, chemically altering the oxygen (along with other elements) in the area. This is the reason why our men cannot survive inside the Phase: the environmental conditions have been rendered uninhabitable. Dr. Peck believes the Phase is "terraforming in action," the Dark Aether's attempt to make our world hospitable for its own kind.

One final observation: as the survey team was studying the barrier in Ruka, they observed the Phase wall grow approximately 100 micrometers. It seems - however slowly - the Phase is expanding. We will continue to monitor.

Gorev

Spetsgruppa Omega 

"Krasny Soldat Blueprint" (Location: Acquired from elite enemies.) - Design document detailing the structure and purpose of Omega Group's power armor.

Spoiler

RED SOLDIER MECHANIZED ARMOR

WEAPONS DEVELOPMENT

Created in response to multiple incident reports, the Red Soldier Mechanized Armor is designed so its operator can provide protection for Aethernaut mining teams operating in the Dark Aether. Outpost 25 will serve as the proving grounds for the armor. If initial tests prove successful, Omega plans to expand the use of the armor in other outbreak zones and operations.

14 March 1984

[name removed] Dr. Dimitri Kuhlklay

Dr. William Peck

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 10-32-23.png

"Valentina Diary Entry" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Excerpt from Valentina's personal diary.

Spoiler

22 July 84

Another meeting with Kravchenko today. More insight into his new proposal. It would seem our vision for Operatsiya Inversiya is no more - and tha this new plan may threaten that which we have worked so hard to achieve. it is no matter. I must remain resolute. All is not lost. Yet.

So many years. He has waited long for this day. But he can keep waiting. Just a little bit longer. There is no reason to rush. No need to provoke the bear. I must only find the opportunity to prevent the discovery. Perhaps the Captain could be useful after all. To derail their plan.

I must stay focused. Stay committed. I've dedicated everything to aid his struggle. I must wait for him to give me the signal. When the time is right, I will know.

After all these years, after all my loyalty, after all I've sacrificed, he owes me that much.

Valentina

(R) "Operatsiya Inversiya Proposal" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Valentina's original pitch for Operatsiya Inversiya, detailing her plan to create targeted dimensional breaches.

Spoiler

Marked 03 June of the year 1984

R. This may be of interest to your Requiem friends.

RE: Operatsiya Inversiya

AUTHOR: Dr. Aleksandra Valentina

BACKGROUND:

16 August 1983: Operation Undertaker is given formal approval to be carried out by Special Operations Group Omega. Begin Phase 1.

1 November: Operation Undertaker is completed under the orders of Dr. Aleksandra Valentina. Outbreak Zones begin to open around the world. At this point, there is no way to control where or when a dimensional breach can occur. Phase 1 is complete.

9 November: Approval is given for Operation Inversion to be carried out by Special Operations Group Omega. Begin Phase 2.

11 November: Construction begins on Outpost 25 in Vietnam. The facility is overseen by Dr. William Peck and is used to conduct Omega's first attempt to create their own portal to the Dark Aether.

8 January 1984: Dr. William Peck and Dr. Dimitri Kuhlklay open a dimensional portal to the Dark Aether. It is the first successful controlled breach.

14 March: 5 additional test sites are opened. Four of these sites successfully create their own breaches. Special Operations Group Omega can now control where and when a dimensional breach will occur with nearly 70% accuracy. Phase 2 is complete.

2 April: Work begins on weaponizing the process. A missile battery in the Ural Mountains is identified as a candidate. Begin Phase 3.

11 May: Canvassing for potential targets is complete.

MISSION STATUS - PHASE 3:

Given Special Operations Group Omega's ability to generate its own Dark Aether portals, it stands to reason that if weaponized it would provide the U.S.S.R. with a tactical advantage over the West. When an Inversion Warhead reaches its target, it can generate a dimensional breach as large as 500 meters, which in turn can create an Outbreak Zone measuring more than 800 kilometers. The committee has selected two targets: Washington, D.C. and Manhattan, New York. I am told the Colonel wishes to make a few modifications. I am eager to see what improvements he will make.

Dr. Aleksandra Valentina

Psychotronics Research Lead - Omega Group

(R) "R Cipher" (Location: Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Recovered Omega Group cipher. Decryption is required. (Solved)

Spoiler

Plain text:

Colonel.

This threat is real. The entity hides in the darkest depths of the Dark Aether. It is waiting for its moment to enter our world and to consume it as it has its own. That is why it seeks to manipulate us because only we can let it in. Unless we can stop it will be our end. I will reach out later. Requiem will have noticed my absence by now.

(R) "Aetherium Warhead Blueprint" (Location: Location: Acquired during the first main quest.) - ???

Spoiler

REALITY INVERSION WARHEAD

PSYCHOTRONICS RESEARCH OMEGA

EXOSCIENTIFIC PHENOMENA OMEGA

The Reality Inversion Warhead is designed to [redacted] its true purpose remains to target [redacted]

14 July 1984

[redacted]

image0.png

Radio Transmissions (4)

"Uncle" (Location: ???) - Valentina checks on Peck's progress and recounts a story about her childhood.

Spoiler

Valentina: Hello Peck--it seems like you're finally settling in. Back in "groove," as it were.

Peck: Yeah, well, "the Groove" used to have 20/20 vision.

Valentina: *Tsk-tsk*. You Americans are so soft and spoiled.

Valentina: Life is full of pain, Peck. After my Father died, my uncle took me in. He was cruel, did not believe woman should have education. Made me work in his factory.

Valentina: So what did I do? Every night I snuck into library and I read. Biochemistry, microbiology, physics. At sixteen, I was accepted at university.

Valentina: If I can survive childhood, you can survive little eye problem.

Peck: Valentina, I had no idea.

Peck: How did you convince your uncle to let you go to school?

Valentina: Convince him? When he found out, he tried to imprison me in basement, so I slit his throat.

Peck: Ah, of course.

Peck: ... let me assure you, we're making excellent progress. Harnessing those crystalline creatures has certainly sped up development.

Valentina: Is that so? I trust you are taking appropriate security measures. 

Peck: Hey now. I only lost my eye, not my attention to detail.

Valentina: Is that supposed to be a joke?

Peck: I uh... I thought so.

Valentina: Just send me a report on your latest security protocols.

Valentina: And that facility blueprint I asked for

Peck: Yeah. Sure.

"Made Of Fire" (Location: ???) - Peck demands that Gorev do something about a Demented Echo haunting the Omega facility.

Spoiler

Gorev: Comeback Kid. One of my birds said you were looking for me.

Peck: You're goddamn right, I was. I need your security teams to prioritize these, these...

Peck: These fucking things! I've lost three scientists this week.

Gorev: Oh-ho-ho, slow down, William. Take breath. You sound like my son when he breaks toy.

Gorev: Now tell me what has happened. But in calm, rational voice. Like adult man.

Peck: Look. Infected, I can handle. Undead dogs? Sure. Crystalline men? No problem.

Peck: But these... these damned demon echoes.

Gorev: I have heard of this creature. It can summon friends to its position. Loud scream. Made of fire.

Peck: Yeah, well, one got the jump on Doctor Leonov while he was taking a leak. You ever see that? It summon a dozen "friends" while you're in the john? Custodial spent two days cleaning up what was left of him.

Gorev: What are you asking for, Doctor? What can I do to make you... "happy man?"

Peck: Just. Just have your men do sweeps for these Echoes. The Colonel has accelerated our delivery schedule for the warheads. We cannot afford any more delays.

"Chasing Ghosts" (Location: ???) - Gorev and Valentina are growing concerned about Peck's new obsession.

Spoiler

Gorev: I am growing concerned, is all. His behavior since coming here has been erratic.

Valentina: Peck has always had his quirks. You know this.

Gorev: Yes, but he is more skittish than usual. He is talking to himself. He spends all day and night in that silo.

Valentina: Do you suspect Aetherium exposure?

Gorev: It is hard to say. He has developed new obsession. You have seen strange computer, yes?

Valentina: Exoscience disassembled one. We are struggling to make sense of it. Its mechanisms are... complex.

Gorev: Our American friend talks to it.

Valentina: I have heard of others who do this. It is like moth and flame. They are drawn to it, but do not know why.

Gorev: Apparently it talks back to Peck.

Valentina: Does the Colonel know this?

Gorev: Nyet. I was going to draft report--

Valentina: --hold for now. Give me a few days. Let me investigate.

Gorev: Saves me paper work. I have little interest in chasing ghosts.

(R) "Something Is Coming" (Location: ???) - Valentina confronts Peck about his use of the Dark Aether Computer.

Spoiler

Valentina: --Honestly, I am surprised you thought this could be kept secret.

Peck: You act like I've done something wrong! All I did was talk to it!

Valentina: And what is it? Who is it? This person on the computer.

Valentina: Speak up, Doctor! Are you loyal to Omega's cause or to yourself? Who are you speaking to?

Peck: Ugh... He won't tell me his name. He just told me I need to prepare.

Peck: He says something is coming... an army of some sort.

Valentina: This army. What did he tell you of it?

Peck: He called it... the greatest evil the world has ever known. He said he would help me, if I helped bring him home.

Peck: Ugh... I don't know. Maybe I am losing it. I've been working too much. I can't sleep. Seeing things that aren't there.

Peck: You should speak to him. Maybe it would make more sense to you.

Valentina: No... I don't think that is necessary.

Artifacts (6)

"Mangler Cannon" (Location: On Ruka, near the train bridge, between a tree and the concrete structure at the beginning of the track.) - The fearsome arm-cannon recovered from a fallen enemy known as the Mangler.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 08-27-01.png

"Peck's ID Badge" (Location: On Sanatorium, in the bathhouse on shelf in the center of the room.) - Peck's official Omega Group ID. He hates the photo.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 08-27-05.png

"Boost Module Monitor" (Location: On Duga, in the Admin Offices.) - Make sure the settings are calibrated, or you're in for a rough landing!

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 08-27-08.png

(R) "Tempest Head" (Location: On Alpine, inside Medevac on top of some crates in the middle of the room.) - The severed head from the Dark Aether species known as Tempest.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-06-17 13-25-37.png

(R) "ICBM Launch Key" (Location: Acquired in the first main quest.) - One of the Reality Inversion Warhead Launch Keys. The fate of the world quite literally in your hand.

Spoiler

image3.png

(R) "Modified Essence Trap" (Location: Acquired in the first main quest.) - If you're trying to trap a monkey, you need the right bait.

Spoiler

image5.png

Maxis (15/15)

Audio Logs (5)

"It's Always Dark" (Location: On Duga, in the third Bunker from the left looking at the entrances.) - Grey asks Maxis about her time in the Dark Aether and the outbreak at Outpost 25.

Spoiler

Maxis: Hello Elizabeth.

Grey: How did you know it was me?

Maxis: I don't know what Strauss and Carver get up to in their personal lives, but as far as I know - You're the only one who wears heels.

Grey: How are you doing, Sam? Have any more memories... come back?

Maxis: About my time in the Dark Aether? Only what you already know. It's mostly a blur - Scavenging supplies by day, fighting for my life by night.

Maxis: Not that it matters - it's always dark over there.

Grey: I am sorry. I really am.

Grey: Have I said that before? If I didn't - I really meant to.

Maxis: If you're here to ask me if I was the one who made all this happen - the answer is no. I didn't make the outbreak zones.

Grey: But it... almost sounded like you had 'some' control over the creatures at Outpost 25.

Maxis: I may have helped 'open the door', but that doesn't mean I was in control.

Grey: How can you be sure if you don't really remember?

Maxis: I'm no stranger to memory loss - my childhood is almost a complete blank - but that doesn't mean I don't know who I am and what I've done.

Grey: You really don't remember anything prior to the orphanage? Who looked after you? Before? After?

Maxis: Be careful, Lizzie - You shouldn't expect anyone to look after you. Only you can do that.

Grey: I'm... gonna go now... If that's okay?

Maxis: Of course.

*pause as Grey leaves*

Maxis: This is the only way.

"Outbursts" (Location: On Duga, in one of the houses at the Farm.) - Weaver visits Maxis after she had an incident with a nurse.

Spoiler

Weaver: Hello, Sam.

Maxis: Hello, Weaver.

Weaver: I was... hoping we could talk about yesterday.

Maxis: What happened yesterday?

Weaver: You don't remember?

Maxis: It's hard to keep things straight in my mind... Especially with the cocktail of drugs you're giving me... every day.

Weaver: It's for your own good, Sam. We just want to help. Your 'outbursts' are a cause for concern- You must understand that.

Weaver: The nurse was only trying to do his job.

Maxis: Broken noses will heal.

Maxis: Besides - the 'medications' don't help. They don't stop the dreams.

Weaver: What dreams?

Maxis: What do I dream of?

Maxis: I keep dreaming that I'm in the field - Fighting for something. Over and over again.

Weaver: Sam, you understand that we - I - can't let that happen... not yet.

Maxis: Do you think there's something wrong with me?

Maxis: Is there something wrong with me?

Weaver: Get some rest, Sam. It's important that you feel better.

"A New Friend" (Location: On Gorlova, in the bottom floor towards the back of the church building.) - Weaver introduces Maxis to her new companion.

Spoiler

Weaver: Sam?

Maxis: ...Yes.

Weaver: There's someone I'd like you to meet. Someone I think might help you feel better.

Maxis: I'm in a white, sterile room, Weaver. I'm not sure who - or what - you think is going to make me feel better.

Maxis: I've already met Gray, Strauss and Carver... Who's next?

*sound of man grunting as door opens, Sam begins to laugh*

Weaver: I thought you might appreciate making a new friend. Someone who won't ask you any more questions. Someone who doesn't want anything other than to make you happy.

Maxis: Seriously?

Maxis: He's not exactly... fluffy, is he?

Weaver: She. She's a she. I get that the short hair and large build doesn't look too cuddly, but I thought her being here might be good for you - Some companionship while you...

Weaver: Recover.

Weaver: Dogs can be very comforting. They're empathetic. They pick up on your emotions.

Weaver: They feel what you feel.

Maxis: So you brought me a... rottweiler?

Weaver: Yes - I brought you a rottweiler. She's not dangerous. She would never hurt anyone.

Maxis: Why are you saying this?

Weaver: Because I trust you, Sam - and I need you to know that.

Maxis: You don't think I'm dangerous?

Weaver: I want you to work out who you are - for yourself.

Weaver: But - Maybe you should... start keeping a diary - just to get down your thoughts.

Maxis: What makes you think I haven't been doing that already?

Weaver: Take care of yourself, Sam - and the dog.

Weaver: We'll talk soon.

"Isolated" (Location: In Golova, in a building in Upper Town.) - Maxis laments being kept in isolation, unable to contact the strike team.

Spoiler

Maxis: I wish I was there with you - in the Ural Mountains - Fighting back. Trying to make sure we don't lose ourselves completely...

Maxis: But, no - I am here. Not where I should be. Not where I want to be. You won't even hear me. They took my radio.

Maxis: I am isolated. Alone.

Maxis: No. Not alone. I do have a friend - someone who cares about me.

Maxis: But... I don't even know her name.

Maxis: You are doing the right thing. That's what matters.

Maxis: What you do matters.

Maxis: We will catch up - We have to believe that.

"Someone We Can Trust (Location: On Duga, in one of the big buildings at Warehouses.) - Maxis shares some thoughts about Ravenov.

Spoiler

Maxis: Despite what Omega are, I know there are good Russians out there...

Maxis: None of us should be defined by our nationality... Our Race... Our gender...

Maxis: Ravenov is someone we can trust.

Maxis: I think I know a way to get in contact with him...

Maxis: He can help us.

Maxis: He can help me.

Maxis: We can do this.

Maxis: Together.

Documents (4)

(R) "Arrival" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - A note from Grey regarding Maxis's arrival at Requiem Headquarters.

Spoiler

Raptor One brought the subject to Requiem HQ for processing and debriefing. She was clearly shaken by her ordeal in the Dark Aether, but otherwise in good spirits. I'm looking forward to speaking to her in person - even if I am a bit nervous and... intimidated?

❤️ 🙂

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-06-17 13-30-48.png

(R) "Maxis Progress Report" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Requiem report noting the positive effect of Maxis's new companion.

Spoiler

AGENT SAMANTHA MAXIS - PROGRESS REPORT

29 September 1984

Subject appears calmer in recent days. Certainly, the violent outbursts displayed towards medical staff have abated since the arrival of the canine companion.

For obvious reasons - related to the dog - walks around the grounds are now permitted twice daily. That said, it is imperative that the subject feels that she has some degree of freedom and autonomy, even if such benefits are occurring only under covert supervision.

Concerns still remain regarding the subject's honesty relating her experiences within the Dark Aether. It remains unclear which memories are being repressed Vs. which are being withheld. 

I have begun to strike up something of an informal friendship with the subject - one which I hope proves more fruitful than the more direct interviews with Requiem staff.

Dr. Elizabeth Grey

Lead - Unnatural Sciences

(R) "Quarantine Diary 1" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Maxis's first "official" diary entry recalls a traumatic moment for her and Weaver.

Spoiler

(official) Diary Entry #1

I'm writing it down. Not because I don't know what happened, but so that others will.

My name is Maxis. Samantha Maxis.

I know you're reading this, Weaver, and I know you feel the same guilt I do about the boy.

I promised I would keep him safe, but we both failed him.

The last thing I expected was for you to move as quickly as you did.

The operation should never have happened. If I had known the steps you would take, I would not have told you the location.

The house was supposed to be safe.

We both feel the guilt, but I will always blame myself... More than you.

(R) "Quarantine Diary 2" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Maxis lashes out at Weaver for keeping her in isolation.

Spoiler

Diary Entry #2

I'm not disappointed. I'm just angry. After everything I've done - you still don't trust me. I have been damned before and I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

Do you even remember when we first met? Sometimes I do, but other times... It seems more like a dream.

All I know for sure is that it was a war zone - One that I feared I'd never be able to escape.

In some ways, I'm glad you didn't clear me for field ops (yes, I know it was you) because I don't ever want to go back...

Artifacts (6)

Maxis's Katana (Location: On Duga, at the Farm, in a shed.) - A grim souvenir from Maxis's time spent trapped in the Dark Aether. Very well used.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 09-17-30.png

"Maxis's Scarf" (Location: On Duga, at the Listening Post on a rack.) - A useful accessory to keep from whiffing plaguehound gas.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 11-03-00.png

"Maxis's Goggles" (Location: On Sanatorium, on a table at the Market Square.) - Worn while Maxis was trapped in the Dark Aether. A useful accessory for keeping aetherium particles out of the eyes.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 09-17-40.png

"Maxis's Watch" (Location: On Golova, in Lower West Town on top of the big blue building.) - They say time has no meaning in the Dark Aether, but Maxis still kept track of it with this.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 20-21-39.png

(R) "Beacon Listening Device" (Location: Acquired in the first main quest.) - Maxis' clever workaround to contact the strike team without Requiem listening in.

Spoiler

image7.png

(R) "Microfilm Slides" (Location: Acquired in the first main quest.) - Used by Ravenov to convey reconnaissance photos and blueprints from Operatsiya Inversiya.

Spoiler

image9.png

Dark Aether (23/23)

Audio Logs (4)

"Lost Souls: Fedorov 1" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - A lost Omega soldier describes feeding the dragon head.

Spoiler

Fedorov: Adrik Fedorov, efreitor, Omega Group. *weary sigh* Why do I still call myself that? Why do I even keep making these reports?

Fedorov: I lost track how long I have been here. Surely it has been years. There used to be more people here. Lost, like me. But so many are gone now -- food for the dragon.

Fedorov: Yes. A dragon. That is also a rocket ship. *nervous laugh* I don't even try to make sense of these things any more.

Fedorov: What I know for sure is the dragon must be bed. It demands sustenance. And then it delivers this banquet of souls to the One.

Fedorov: I... do not like to even speak of the One, but his shadow falls over us all, and we must pay tribute.

Fedorov: At first we sacrificed the weak. Strangers, friends, it did not matter. Then, we who still remained began hunting each other...

Fedorov: I... I have to go. It is hungry again -- I have to go!

"Lost Souls: Fedorov 2" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - A lost Omega soldier describes an aethereal orb he encountered.

Spoiler

Fedorov: Fedorov. Efreitor. Omega. Still here. Still recording...

Fedorov: When I first arrived, many things frightened me. I would not admit this, of course. I was Spetsnaz. We feared nothing. But, still...

Fedorov: Anyone who has to fight and kill a comrade... who died a week before... and then tells you they felt no fear? Yerunda.

Fedorov: But what disturbed me most in those early days was the ball of light that sounds like children laughing.

Fedorov: What was it? What was it made from? The souls of dead children? Did it... did it consume children? Did it use their laughter as a lure? None of the possibilities were good. Bozhe moi, it disturbed me.

Fedorov: But, you know... I stopped seeing it after a while. I began to think I had just dreamed it up. And then, just yesterday, there it was. Giggling.

Fedorov: And I found... I was not scared anymore. I was just... sad. I will never again hear that sound for real. I will never have children of my own. I will never, ever know such innocence again.

Fedorov: And now I have my answer. I know what the orb is made of. It is made of heartbreak. It is made of loss.

"Lost Souls: Fedorov 3" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - A lost Omega soldier is slowly turning into something shocking.

Spoiler

Fedorov: Fedorov... efreitor... This... may be my last recording.

Fedorov: I have not felt like... myself in a very long time. I know the change is upon me. I have seen it in too many others... to not recognize it in myself.

Fedorov: Began with mouth... tasting like battery. Then my skin turned... bluish... and started to crack.

Fedorov: At first... I shed flakes of skin. Then... I noticed the flakes... were made of crystals. *coughs*

Fedorov: I know what I am becoming.

Fedorov: The One... has chosen me. He is making me... into one of his soldiers.

Fedorov: The... crystals they... They call to me now. I try to stay away, but... the more I change... the more I need them... *coughs/growls*

(R) "Great And Terrible" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - A voice of encouragement -- from a very dark place.

Spoiler

Unknown: Come. Closer. Do not be afraid, my child. It is only me.

Unknown: I have missed you. Oh, how I wish I could have been there more. Watching you sleep. Holding your hand. Teaching you all that I know, then unleashing you upon the world to do... great and terrible things.

Vogel: But I taught you enough. And I was always there in spirit -- in your heart. I must be content with that. For you are no longer my child. You stand upon your own achievements now.

Vogel: Never forget me. And never forget how proud I am of you. My greatest work. My gift to the world.

Unknown: Now... tell me what you have done for me.

Documents (6)

"Day 1" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - Newly stranded in the Dark Aether, Zykov begins keeping a journal.

Spoiler

Day 1: Sgt. Kazimir Zykov, 1st Guards Tank Army. I am separated from my unit and do not know if I can ever rejoin them. I will maintain this written record of what happens to me in case I do not survive.

I was ordered to deactivate experimental machine at a German science installation Projekt Endstation in Poland. The device had opened a gateway to another world. A place of darkness.

After several attempts, I realized I could only close this breach from the other side. So, I completed the mission, cutting myself off from everything and everyone I have ever known.

This is a truly hostile place. Unless I find food and shelter, my prospects look bleak.

"Day 3" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - Zykov describes the strange land he's trapped in, and the horrors that prowl it.

Spoiler

Day 3: This place is like a living nightmare. It almost seems thrown together from many different points in history. There are items here that appear ancient, alongside mechanisms that look like they came from... the future? It is madness.

Many horrors prowl this land. Some are like the creatures I fought at Endstation, but others are far worse. So far, I have managed to hide and conserve ammunition, but for how long?

I glimpsed another human soul today, but they ran when they saw me. I swear it was not just another walking corpse. Sadly, I could not find them again.

Fear is my only companion now.

"Day 7" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - Zykov begins to lose hope as anger consumes him.

Spoiler

Day 7: It is finally beginning to sink in. I will never leave this place. No one is coming for me. I will live out whatever is left of my life in miserable, soul-crushing darkness.

What have I done? Why did I throw my life away like this? Because I was foolish enough to believe in our common cause? Or was I just a convenient pawn for the Soviet Union to sacrifice?

That bastard, Colonel Lazarev! He knew I would accept this suicide mission. What choice did I have? He made it seem like an act of heroism, but I am no hero. Just a lamb to slaughter.

For one brief moment I felt noble. Now I have lost nearly everything. All I have left... is rage.

(R) "Day 9" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - Zykov clings to the belief that his comrades will not abandon him.

Spoiler

Day 9: I have had time to calm down. To think this through. If I succumb to my anger then all will truly be lost. For now I am still alive. That must count for something.

And even if Colonel Lazarev never thinks of me again, I did have friends in the 1st Guards Tank Army. My work kept them advancing, kept them fighting.

Surely some of my comrades will come for me. They will not abandon me. I have to believe this.

I must stay strong and have faith in my comrades.

(R) "Day 11" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - Zykov accepts his fate. He will never go home.

Spoiler

Day 11: My anger is gone. My hope? It is like the waning moon - still there, but slowly fading.

Instead, what I feel now is resignation. Acceptance. Defeat.

I am trapped. No one is coming. I will never go home. I will never see my wife and child again. I am... a lost soul.

It is like I died and missed my own funeral. Pain is the only reminder that I am still alive.

(R) "Day 12" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - Zykov shakes off his self-pity and resolves to survive.

Spoiler

Day 12: Enough. No more self-pity. That would only hasten my demise. While I may not have many options, the one thing I will not do is to make it easy for those creatures to claim me.

Regardless of Lazarev's intentions, I did what I did for the Soviet Union. And the more I learn about this place, the more certain I am that my sacrifice saved the Motherland.

What happens now is up to me. Kazimir Zykov is no discarded pawn. Maybe help will come, maybe not... but for now I will do what Russians do best -- survive.

Radio Transmissions (7)

"Who I Am" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - The Stranger finally reveals his identity to the strike team.

Spoiler

Zykov: My friend, though we have never met, you and I have been through the fire together. You won my respect -- and my trust. So it is only right I tell you who I am.

Zykov: My name is Kazimir Zykov. I am -- I was -- a sergeant in the Soviet 1st Guards Tank Army. Long, long ago.

Zykov: We were in Poland, driving the Nazi scum back to Berlin. That is how I ended up where this all began.

Zykov: We found Projekt Endstation almost by accident. And you know what waited in that place.

Zykov: When Moscow sent a Chekist to bury the problem, it fell to me to do the digging.

Zykov: I will tell the whole story one day. What matters now is that -- just like you -- I accepted a mission no one must ever learn of, knowing it would probably get me killed.

Zykov: And, like me, you shoulder your duty without complaining. So let us help each other complete the mission. We can survive this... together.

"Great Patriotic" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - Zykov recounts why he accepted the mission to shut down Projekt Endstation.

Spoiler

Zykov: Back in the Great Patriotic War, mine was among the Red Army units that crippled the Nazi war machine on the Eastern Front. Then we chased the bastards out of the Motherland and across Europe.

Zykov: I was a mechanic. I kept our tanks running. No easy task when every day we advanced, and getting new parts from Moscow was almost impossible.

Zykov: So I took parts from the Tigers and Panzers we destroyed, adapting them for our T-34s. I got very familiar with German machinery. This would prove to be my downfall.

Zykov: A colonel named Lazarev from what you now call "KGB" was sent to contain the evil we uncovered at Endstation. He ordered me to go in there alone, because I had the best chance of understanding and shutting down that infernal machine. And then Lazarev ordered me sealed inside.

Zykov: I understood what was asked of me. I would never see my wife and daughter again. Still, I saluted and I did my best. This was for my family, my country... for a better future. Even now, if asked again, I would still say, "yes."

"Tethered" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - Zykov discusses enduring the Dark Aether, unable to escape.

Spoiler

Zykov: So. You are wondering how a tank mechanic from the war survived for decades trapped in -- what do you call it? -- the Dark Aether.

Zykov: I often ask myself the same thing. The answers are many. Some I have already given you in my journal. The fort I built. The weapons I found. The machines I restored. And, of course, my dog Cinder.

Zykov: But mostly I was lucky. The rest is because I am Russian. It is in our nature to endure.

Zykov: But I never lost my desire to escape. To come home. To learn what became of my family.

Zykov: As you saw in my journal, I have been able to visit for brief periods, almost like a ghost. But always I am pulled back here.

Zykov: I do not know why I am tethered to this place. I see your people cross back and forth freely.. and I burn with envy. There must be a way for me to one day do the same.

Zykov: For now, I will share more of my journal with you. There are things in it you should know. For both our sakes.

(R) "Changes" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - Trying to stay current, Zykov has watched the world change from afar.

Spoiler

Zykov: Oh, my friend, I am so happy to speak to you like this. For so long, I feared I would never again find a worthy ally.

Zykov: I also hope someday soon you can tell me about how the world has changed. I have caught glimpses now and then -- glass towers, cars everywhere, passenger planes filling the skies...

Zykov: I tried my best to stay current -- especially when I crafted this machine, this... "computer." We did not have those during the war.

Zykov: But there have also been many changes over here since I arrived -- and none of them good.

Zykov: This is why I had to contact you. To warn you. The threat at your doorstep is even greater than you know. We have much to do, you and I.

(R) "Junkyard" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - Zykov describes how he made the devices he sends to help the strike team.

Spoiler

Zykov: Sometimes I watch you salvage scraps and take them to the crafting table. I see you transform useless garbage into weapons and... you remind me of me.

Zykov: I have watched you for some time now. I spent countless days preparing to communicate even before my first message at Endstation.

Zykov: That was a great moment -- the culmination of years of work. Gathering parts. Cobbling together the machines I sent to help inform you... to give you what you needed to survive.

Zykov: I suppose I should be thankful this place is filled with so many items from our world. It is a junk yard of the ages. Scraps from different places and eras litter this landscape.

Zykov: But even after all this time, I do not know how or why they got here. I only know they provided this old mechanic with just enough tools and materials to save my life... and possibly yours.

(R) "Invasion" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - Zykov warns of an army gathering in the darkness.

Spoiler

Zykov: The people you answer to -- the ones giving you orders. Surely they are beginning to realize what you are up against.

Zykov: There is indeed an army gathering here in the darkness. They have waited even longer than I have to cross into our world. The invasion is at hand.

Zykov: It will happen soon, and in the worst place possible. For all your efforts to keep the Dark Aether secret, that may no longer be an option once this army mobilizes. You have seen their like before. The greatest evil the world has ever known, corrupted by this place into even greater darkness.

Zykov: Warn your people. Make ready. They are coming and you must stand fast against them.

(R) "Bring Me Home" (Location: Acquired from the Trial computer.) - Zykov reveals what he wants.

Spoiler

Zykov: By now your commanding officers are aware of me, yes? They must also be asking why I am helping you. What is Zykov the Survivor hoping to gain from this?

Zykov: Americans. For them, everything is about gain. That much I know. I do not say this to be unkind. American was built on self-interest. It is the bedrock of human nature.

Zykov: My friend, what I hope for, first and foremost, is to save our world from the Dark Aether. If nothing else comes of this, my sacrifice will have been worth it.

Zykov: But I am not without self-interest. I am human, after all. And so I very much hope you will find a way to release me from this dismal prison.

Zykov: Help me escape. Bring me home.

Artifacts (6)

"Empty Speed Cola" (Location: On Sanatorium, in one of the Vacation Homes.) - An opened can of Speed Cola. Most likely used by an operator whose hands were slow, and movement was sluggish -- they lacked speed, which brought them anguish.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 09-17-50.png

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 09-17-56.png

"Broken Essence Capsule" (Location: On Duga, on the secondary array, second floor from the top, on a beam.) - A broken capsule leaking raw essence. Warning: aetherium exposure possible. Report any unusual symptoms to Unnatural Sciences.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 09-18-01.png

"Dragon Head Trophy" (Location: On Alpine, in the Lodge. On the second floor, left if looking at Pack-a-Punch on the first floor.) - A mystifying stone replica of the Dragon head. Appears to be hand-carved -- and very old.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-04-22 09-18-06.png

(R) "Empty Quick Revive" (Location: In Sanatorium, at the Beach Resort, beneath a set of wooden stairs.) - An opened can of Quick Revive. Used by an operator who was tired of being dragged down and pulled to the ground.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-06-17 14-09-47.png

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-06-17 14-09-55.png

(R) "Broken Essence Canister" (Location: On Ruka, at the Creek Dacha.) - A broken canister leaking raw essence. Warning: aetherium exposure likely. Please report to Requiem's Decontamination lab immediately.

Spoiler

Call of Duty®_ Black Ops Cold War 2021-06-17 14-10-10.png

(R) "Aetherium Crystal Chunks" (Location: Acquired in the first main quest.) - An unprocessed aetherium crystal chunk. Energy Research asks all chunks be delivered to the nearest Aetherium Harvester for refinement.

Spoiler

image1.png

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 7:02 PM, RadZakpak said:

Requiem (14/26)

Audio Logs (8)

"The Beacon" (Location: On Duga, in Chemical Processing on the second floor of the large building to the left.) - Grey muses on the origin of "the Beacon" and other strange devices found in the Outbreak Zones.

Spoiler, click to open contents

"Embarrassment of Riches" (Location: On Alpine, on the top floor of the lodge.) - Strauss relishes the increased Aetherium collections from the Ural Mountains and mentions some new opportunities created by this windfall.

"Doubts" (Location: On Duga, in the SAM Site, in the center of the central building.) - Weaver and Carver discuss their decision to cut off Maxis's communications with the strike team and their assessment of the risks she might pose.

(R) "Eyes Only" (Location: On Duga, in Worker Services) - Carver saw something he shouldn't have -- and it seems to confirm his worst fears.

(R) "Dissent and Division" (Location: On Sanatorium, on the monorail near the small island.) - Ravenov contacts Weaver with an exciting development: Omega scientists want to defect.

(R) "???" (Location: ???) - ???

Documents (8)

"Extraction Rocket Blueprint" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Design specs for the rocket used to transport Aetherium payloads out of the Ural Mountains Outbreak Zone. With additional notes from Strauss.

"Dark Aether Object Report" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Official Requiem repot defining and classifying Dark Aether Objects.

"Crate Memo" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - A memo prepared by Weaver summarizing all the different types of Dark Aether Cates encountered in the Outbreak Zone.

"E.C.M. Blueprint" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Plans for the orbital units that convert zombie essence into Dark Aether Objects. With additional notes from Strauss.

(R) "Zykov Assessment" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - Weaver, Grey, Strauss and Carver offer their observations on their newly-revealed ally on the other side.

(R) "???" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies.) - ???

Radio Transmissions (4)

"Progress Update" (Location: ???) - Weaver congratulates the strike team for their successes during Operation Threshold.

"A Visceral Process" (Location: ???) - Strauss gives the strike team a pat on the back while mentioning the challenges of charging up his new Essence Conversion Modules.

"Fish Out Of Water" (Location: ???) - Grey has some theories on the transformative effects of Dark Aether... and the fate of her test-monkeys.

Artifacts (6)

"Energy Mine Canister" (Location: On Sanatorium, on the roof of the smaller building at the Mechanic Shop.) - One of several interchangeable canisters for the W.A.N.D. weapon. Manipulates Aetherium to create an energy blast that detonates on enemy proximity.

"Essence Explosive" (Location: On Duga, inside a small building near the Bunkers.) - A powerful breaching explosive used by Requiem to clear obstructions and destroy Aetherium Power Nodes.

"Requiem Patch" (Location: On Sanatorium, on the tiny dock left of the bridge.) - Shoulder patch worn by Requiem's elite strike team.

(R) "Aether Shroud Canister" (Location: On Alpine, inside one of the Maintenance sheds.) - One of several interchangeable canisters for the W.A.N.D. weapon. Manipulates Aetherium to temporarily phase the user into the Dark Aether, rendering them invisible to the Infected.

Omega (14/21)

Audio Logs (4)

"Leadership Techniques" (Location: On Duga, in the Admin Offices in a conference room.) - Kravchenko reveals to Valentina why he altered the purpose of Operatsiya Inversiya.

"This Isn't My Work" (Location: On Duga, in the Research Labs.) - Peck, Gorev and Valentina study the remains of a Krasny Soldat, and are shaken by the results.

"Witching Hour" (Location: On Ruka, at the missile silos, outside a white building with an "A" on it.) - Peck records some late-night thoughts about his increasingly disturbing discoveries.

"His Plan, Our Plan" (Location: On Sanatorium, on the roof of the Sanatorium on one of the highest raised structures.) - Valentina discusses a strange visit -- and a shared destiny.

Documents (7)

"Boost Module Report" (Location: Dropped from elite enemies) - Official Omega Group report on the placement of Boost Modules in the Ural Mountains Outbreak Zone.

"Phase Report" (Location: Acquired from Elite enemies.) - Official Omega Group report on the Dark Aetheric energy barrier.

"Krasny Soldat Blueprint" (Location: Acquired from elite enemies.) - Design document detailing the structure and purpose of Omega Group's power armor.

"Valentina Diary Entry" (Location: Dropped from Elite enemies".) - Excerpt from Valentina's personal diary.

Radio Transmissions (4)

"Uncle" (Location: ???) - Valentina checks on Peck's progress and recounts a story about her childhood.

"Made Of Fire" (Location: ???) - Peck demands that Gorev do something about a Demented Echo haunting the Omega facility.

"Chasing Ghosts" (Location: ???) - Gorev and Valentina are growing concerned about Peck's new obsession.

Artifacts (6)

"Mangler Cannon" (Location: On Ruka, near the train bridge, between a tree and the concrete structure at the beginning of the track.) - The fearsome arm-cannon recovered from a fallen enemy known as the Mangler.

"Peck's ID Badge" (Location: On Sanatorium, in the bathhouse on shelf in the center of the room.) - Peck's official Omega Group ID. He hates the photo.

"Boost Module Monitor" (Location: On Duga, in the Admin Offices.) - Make sure the settings are calibrated, or you're in for a rough landing!

Maxis (9/15)

Audio Logs (5)

"It's Always Dark" (Location: On Duga, in the third Bunker from the left looking at the entrances.) - Grey asks Maxis about her time in the Dark Aether and the outbreak at Outpost 25.

"Outbursts" (Location: On Duga, in one of the houses at the Farm.) - Weaver visits Maxis after she had an incident with a nurse.

"A New Friend" (Location: On Gorlova, in the bottom floor towards the back of the church building.) - Weaver introduces Maxis to her new companion.

"Isolated" (Location: In Golova, in a building in Upper Town.) - Maxis laments being kept in isolation, unable to contact the strike team.

"Someone We Can Trust (Location: On Duga, in one of the big buildings at Warehouses.) - Maxis shares some thoughts about Ravenov.

Documents (4)

Artifacts (6)

Maxis's Katana (Location: On Duga, at the Farm, in a shed.) - A grim souvenir from Maxis's time spent trapped in the Dark Aether. Very well used.

"Maxis's Scarf" (Location: On Duga, at the Listening Post on a rack.) - A useful accessory to keep from whiffing plaguehound gas.

"Maxis's Goggles" (Location: On Sanatorium, on a table at the Market Square.) - Worn while Maxis was trapped in the Dark Aether. A useful accessory for keeping aetherium particles out of the eyes.

"Maxis's Watch" (Location: On Golova, in Lower West Town on top of the big blue building.) - They say time has no meaning in the Dark Aether, but Maxis still kept track of it with this.

Dark Aether (14/23)

Audio Logs (4)

"Lost Souls: Fedorov 1" (Location: Acquired from the Intel computer.) - A lost Omega soldier describes feeding the dragon head.

"Lost Souls: Fedorov 2" (Location: Acquired from the Intel computer.) - A lost Omega soldier describes an aethereal orb he encountered.

"Lost Souls: Fedorov 3" (Location: Acquired from the Intel computer.) - A lost Omega soldier is slowly turning into something shocking.

Documents (6)

"Day 1" (Location: Acquired from the Intel computer.) - Newly stranded in the Dark Aether, Zykov begins keeping a journal.

"Day 3" (Location: Acquired from the Intel computer.) - Zykov describes the strange land he's trapped in, and the horrors that prowl it.

"Day 7" (Location: Acquired from the Intel computer.) - Zykov begins to lose hope as anger consumes him.

Radio Transmissions (7)

"Who I Am" (Location: Acquired from the Intel computer.) - The Stranger finally reveals his identity to the strike team.

"Great Patriotic" (Location: Acquired from the Intel computer.) - Zykov recounts why he accepted the mission to shut down Projekt Endstation.

"Tethered" (Location: Acquired from the Intel computer.) - Zykov discusses enduring the Dark Aether, unable to escape.

(R) "Changes" (Location: Acquired from the Intel computer.) - Trying to stay current, Zykov has watched the world change from afar.

(R) "Junkyard" (Location: Acquired from the Intel computer.) - Zykov describes how he made the devices he sends to help the strike team.

(R) "???" (Location: Acquired from the Intel computer.) - ???

(R) "???" (Location: Acquired from the Intel computer.) - ???

Artifacts (6)

"Empty Speed Cola" (Location: On Sanatorium, in one of the Vacation Homes.) - An opened can of Speed Cola. Most likely used by an operator whose hands were slow, and movement was sluggish -- they lacked speed, which brought them anguish.

"Dragon Head Trophy" (Location: On Alpine, in the Lodge. On the second floor, left if looking at Pack-a-Punch on the first floor.) - A mystifying stone replica of the Dragon head. Appears to be hand-carved -- and very old.

"Broken Essence Capsule" (Location: On Duga, on the secondary array, second floor from the top, on a beam.) - A broken capsule leaking raw essence. Warning: aetherium exposure possible. Report any unusual symptoms to Unnatural Sciences.

Archived