Unable to talk to Dr Peck, the shutters are still up

FHaisal

Hi Guys,

In round 1 I spoke to Ravenov, then teleported and turned on all three reactors so the power is on and Ravenov said come back to the pack-a-punch machine, I then spoke to Ravenov and then ended my turn and Dr Peck said to come and talk to him, I'm on round 8 atm.

When I go to Dr Peck though his shutters are still down and I can't talk to him, and when I got to mission control he did say I'm in the corner over here.

Am I missing a step? Or do I need playstation plus? Or anything else before starting the easter egg mission properly.

I got this game brand new and don't currently have playstation plus, but I've installed all the update for zombies and campaign and multiplayer, not sure if I'm missing anything.

On a previous play through, I got to round 30 and got the R.A.I K-84 wonder weapon, but still he didn't open his shutters, I'm not sure if this is a bug?

I've also tried playing on a friends PS5 and the same issue occurs, where the shutters just don't open, I'm currently using a PS4..

Please help if you can, I appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

Just adding the steps I did below just in case I've missed anything:

• Round 1: I spoke to Ravenov
  • Round 2: I used the teleporter to get to the next map
  • Round 3 - 7: I turned on all three reactors and the power was turned on
  • Round 7 still: I kept one zombie alive and used the teleporter to go back to Ravenov and then spoke to him, I then killed the last zombie and went back into the teleporter
  • Round 8: Dr Peck told me to come talk to him, when I arrived to Dr Peck, his shutters were still closed but he said he's in the corner and we should talk.

UPDATE - Just in case anyone else runs into this I did manage to fix it

Turns out you do need Playstation Plus at least once to play the map in multiplayer for some reason, because once I bought it and played online, Dr Peck's shutter finally went up in both Solo and multiplayer games. This is probably a bug that Treyarch needs to fix, I think, as it shouldn't require anyone to buy online just to play an easter egg through offline mode.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, FHaisal said:

Hi Guys,

In round 1 I spoke to Ravenov, then teleported and turned on all three reactors so the power is on and Ravenov said come back to the pack-a-punch machine, I then spoke to Ravenov and then ended my turn and Dr Peck said to come and talk to him, I'm on round 8 atm.

When I go to Dr Peck though his shutters are still down and I can't talk to him, and when I got to mission control he did say I'm in the corner over here.

Am I missing a step? Or do I need playstation plus? Or anything else before starting the easter egg mission properly.

I got this game brand new and don't currently have playstation plus, but I've installed all the update for zombies and campaign and multiplayer, not sure if I'm missing anything.

On a previous play through, I got to round 30 and got the R.A.I K-84 wonder weapon, but still he didn't open his shutters, I'm not sure if this is a bug?

I've also tried playing on a friends PS5 and the same issue occurs, where the shutters just don't open, I'm currently using a PS4..

Please help if you can, I appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

You have to go back to the village, you can't talk to Ravenov in the beginning to bypass that. So after Pap is done go to the village and then just for good measure speak to Ravenov then go to peck. 

4 minutes ago, The Dark Aether said:

You have to go back to the village, you can't talk to Ravenov in the beginning to bypass that. So after Pap is done go to the village and then just for good measure speak to Ravenov then go to peck. 

Thanks for the response.

Is the village where Ravenov is? Because I went there straight after I turned the power on and I spoke to Ravenov for a second time after turning on the power. Then I ended the round and went back into the teleporter and while I was going through Dr Peck told me to visit him. But when I went to him his shutters were still closed.

44 minutes ago, FHaisal said:

Thanks for the response.

Is the village where Ravenov is? Because I went there straight after I turned the power on and I spoke to Ravenov for a second time after turning on the power. Then I ended the round and went back into the teleporter and while I was going through Dr Peck told me to visit him. But when I went to him his shutters were still closed.

Yeah, after you get the third reactor you're supposed to teleport to where ravenov is, and then go speak with peck, if you did that and it didn't work maybe it's a bug?

3 minutes ago, The Dark Aether said:

Yeah, after you get the third reactor you're supposed to teleport to where ravenov is, and then go speak with peck, if you did that and it didn't work maybe it's a bug?

Ye I did that bout 5 times now, I think it's a bug, I'm going to uninstall my zombies and reinstall it to see if that fixes it, thanks for your help.

27 minutes ago, FHaisal said:

Ye I did that bout 5 times now, I think it's a bug, I'm going to uninstall my zombies and reinstall it to see if that fixes it, thanks for your help.

So I uninstalled and it said it partially uninstalled and wouldn't uninstall anymore, so I reinstalled and played again to round 8. Same issue, Dr Peck's shutters won't go up, but there was a slight visual glitch for a second where I could see him on the left of the shutters next to the speakers to talk to him.

I have no idea if I'm missing a step or not, I did this:

• Round 1: Spoke to Ravenov
  • Round 2: Teleported
  • Round 3 - 7: Turned on the power, went back to Ravenov in the village, pack a punched my gun, spoke to Ravenov until he told me to stop talking as I have a mission to do, now I can't talk to him anymore.
  • Round 8: Dr Peck tells me to come to him in Mission Control, as I enter mission control, he says bout time we talked, tick tock tick tock.

His shutters are still down and I can't actually talk to him.

13 hours ago, The Dark Aether said:

Hi, I managed to solve it, thanks for your help.

I bought playstation plus and once I ran the game it applied online patches and then I played once in multiplayer and I managed to talk to  Dr Peck. I then went back to solo and I was able to talk to Dr Peck also.

Archived