Green Light as interdimensional interaction

anonymous

• Moderators

Some time ago, our comrades @RadZakpak and @Carnage Evoker had a rather interesting discussion about the appearance and role of green light throughout several zombie maps. Green light doesn't appear often, but when it does it is exclusively associated with a paranormal and unnatural event. We have experienced it in:

• The Shadows of Evil intro cutscene, every time a character commits a murder.
  • The green lantern post in Morg City.
  • The green lanterns in Tranzit, allowing Denizens to dig a hole.
  • The portals appearing around a stone pillar upon doing a 'skull cleansing ritual' in Zetsubou.
  • The light of the submarine beams in Call of the Dead, allowing the Golden Rod to appear in the map.
  • In Call of the Dead, the green morse code broadcasting the message "V-R-I-L".

As seen, there are not many cases when green light makes an appearance, and the very reason of why this is may be what it actually indicates. You see, green light seems to indicate some level of interdimensional interaction. To understand this, keep in mind that our mortal brains cannot comprehend anything beyond our 3th dimension, the physical world around us. In this thread, I've explained it more elaborate, but the take home message is that when a fourth dimensional entity or event makes it's entrance through our thirth dimension, things may look twisted. In his stories, Lovecraft even used this theory for the appearance of his multi-dimensional beings passing through our dimension, causing the typical 'tentacle shapes' his creatures often have. Imagine a 3D fruit (say, a grapefruit or starfruit) passing through the flat 2th dimension, this would actually look like this:

test.giftest.gif

If you'd live in the 2th dimension, and actually see a 3D fruit moving through your universe, you'd definately process this information as "paranormal". The same is the case for any epidimensional object, event or entity occuring or passing through our 3th dimension. Multiple religions and cultures across the world fit with the idea of their gods being impossible to perceive, while they are always there, observing us from some realm beyond ours. As a Biblical verse tells us:  "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - Cor 2:14

Okay so, clearly this would be the case for any angel, demon or spirit. Some humans even claim to be able to communicate with these, using magical diagrams such as Ouijaboards or the Seal of God (also referred to in the books of Der Eisendrache: "Occultism in the court of Elizabeth I" and "The Evil Archon"). We can actually see this being done by for instance the Warden, using his absurd Apothicon octogram to correspond with his dark lords.

But how would this go with lifeless things? No entities passing through our dimension, but events happening between. How would our human brains cope with such thing? I believe this may be indicated as 'green light', like a blur our brain creates to handle with things we cannot physically see nor understand but yet are happening.

The Denizens dig a hole through the Aether, initiated by the green light emmited by the lantern posts. We know the souls of the victims of the Shadows of Evil murders got attached to certain objects, and the process of these souls leaving their physical body and moving through our dimension may be seen as green light. Sacrificing a human soul in the final Call of the Dead easter egg step releases sufficient amount of energy to open up a gateway to Pablo's pocketdimension, retrieving the Golden Rod. Notice how the same dials are also encountered in Tag der Toten, where Pablo says the following about them: "Take this, they can help you communicate with otherwordly entities". Cleansing the skulls in Zetsubou opens up temporal rifts, allowing zombies to enter this point in space-time to defend the rituals.

In short words, green light seems to mask an event we cannot comprehend. An interaction between our realm and another one.

test.png

• Brains 5
20 hours ago, anonymous said:

Seal of God (also referred to in the books of Der Eisendrache: "Occultism in the court of Elizabeth I" and "The Evil Archon").

I love the John Dee references: 

1280px-John_Dee%27s_Seal_of_God.jpg

תוצאת תמונה עבור John Dee elizabeth

Pretty sure that's the inspiration for the ring of skulls in the void bow:

WWW.SMITHSONIANMAG.COM

The life and work of John Dee contained a strange mix of science and magic

Wish we had more information about the denizens to know what's going on there:

תוצאת תמונה עבור tranzit green lamps

image.png

• Brains 2
  • 1 year later...
  • Moderators
On 2/14/2021 at 6:22 AM, RichKiller said:

I love the John Dee references: 

1280px-John_Dee%27s_Seal_of_God.jpg

תוצאת תמונה עבור John Dee elizabeth

Pretty sure that's the inspiration for the ring of skulls in the void bow:

WWW.SMITHSONIANMAG.COM

The life and work of John Dee contained a strange mix of science and magic

Wish we had more information about the denizens to know what's going on there:

תוצאת תמונה עבור tranzit green lamps

image.png

Had a bit of an epiphany just now in relation to the denizens of the forest, and I think they could be related to Nacht being at the location. I think this relates to Nacht being the center of the multiverse and the closest place on earth to the Aether, a theory I discussed here: 

In this theory I also said that the Frozen Forest, at least as seen in Tag der Toten, is just outside of Nacht in Morasko. Perhaps the experiment that spawned these Denizen of The Forest also incidentally teleported the bunker from Morasko to Hanford. Maybe they were originally inhabitants of Morasko, or maybe they were residents of Hanford mutated into what they are now by creating a connection to Morasko. The green lights used for teleportation around Hanford could be a byproduct of this transition as well.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
11 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Had a bit of an epiphany just now in relation to the denizens of the forest, and I think they could be related to Nacht being at the location. I think this relates to Nacht being the center of the multiverse and the closest place on earth to the Aether, a theory I discussed here: 

In this theory I also said that the Frozen Forest, at least as seen in Tag der Toten, is just outside of Nacht in Morasko. Perhaps the experiment that spawned these Denizen of The Forest also incidentally teleported the bunker from Morasko to Hanford. Maybe they were originally inhabitants of Morasko, or maybe they were residents of Hanford mutated into what they are now by creating a connection to Morasko. The green lights used for teleportation around Hanford could be a byproduct of this transition as well.

Ooh I like this idea, kinda eerie as well! Also reminds me of the similarity of the Denizen's portals with the 'Aether tunnel' in Die Maschine and the portals the Agarthan zombies in Origins jump out of. I could see Broken Arrow attempting to artificially create such portal, thereby teleporting and mutilating the things found around the Axis Mundi: Nacht and the Denizens.

Perhaps the Denizens could be a creation of Group 935 at the time Nacht was their outpost, transported and stored in the containers seen in the Kino stage. Ever since Nacht was abandoned, they roamed the forest around.

• Brains 1