G cipher solved

RichKiller

Cipher:
unknown.png

Ciphertext:
KOEES NIOTA ENRMM MSSTP GRAAF NFOIS ULSVS IBIGD VSULR HSRDU DINAT EAMUI JATAW XENFD EHSEM OTEIF IRMTM RTINT TENTY IDRIA NORRT EEOIO HXONE UTEHE ECIOR QMNUE RHSOA SPIGS ELTDI MNGNO ADNIF TOCUI HRHSS LTICI USAOW CNTOR AUEOL MEERR TCMSD EIEEI PENIC GTEDS QTFAG WICBI SOE

Plaintext:

K
It seems our little side investment is beginning to pay dividends. Our infiltration has occurred right under their noses. I am told the Maxis communique is just a taste of what we can expect going forward. Requiem has no clue a member of their senior staff is compromised.
G

Cipher type: Railway
Number of rails: 5
Offset: 0

Solved by: Scotto, Me (Richkiller)

How it was solved:
Before the cipher was found Scotto shared with me a note from the map saying "Rails 5", which I have immediately identified with the railway cipher, we then knew there will be a Railway cipher with 5 rails. Scotto got the intel for this cipher, applied the railyway cipher, and got the result.
As a side comment, the note was not necessary at all to solve the cipher, only saved a few minutes at best (This is kind of similar of giving away something like Caesar - 7).

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived