Detectives needed: Locating exact locations

anonymous

• Moderators

Hey all!

@RadZakpak loves dates, I love maps. Can look to them for a long time, also. I started working on a new Zombies World Map akin to the one I did about the Aether storyline some time ago, but now relating to the Dark Aether storyline. Now locations such as Morasko and Lubyanka are easy to locate and mark, but we have quite some more mysterious locations, harder to crack. 

The Onslaught maps each have their own backstories and relevance. I want to include them as well but I struggle with finding their exact locations. I need your help, for the precise detective work that is required. 

I started with Miami, said to take place (1) in the South Beach district and (2) close to the Miami Beach Visitor Center, as it is mentioned in the intel. I have never visited Miami nor do I have the game. Can someone connect the map with a precise real life location?

The same goes for the maps Nuketown '84, Moscow, Crossroads, Cartel, Garrison, Checkmate and Satellite. If anyone has screenshots of specific landmarks seen outside the map (the Brandenburger Tor in Checkmate? St. Basil's cathedral in Moscow?), feel free to share in this thread so the community can discuss together. Are the schisms taking place in the maps based on a real life event, and can we thereby connect it to a real location? Also if you know any other locations relevant to the story, please let me know.

Have a good one!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

The multiplayer maps actually have coordinates and dates when the map starts.

Multiplayer/Onslaught

Crossroads - 38°47'28.9"N 67°48'44.3"E (Uzbekistan, Soviet Union)

December 5, 1983

Armada - 54°01'38.1"N 33°13'25.9"W (North Atlantic Ocean)

October 7, 1984

Moscow - 65°44'52.6"N 37°37'35.6"E (Moscow, Soviet Union)

March 23, 1984

Miami - 25°46'10.1"N 80°07'56.2"W (Miami, United States)

January 17, 1984

Cartel - 12°41'08.6"N 84°24'18.6"W (Nicaragua, Central America)

May 21, 1982

Checkmate - 52°28'57.5"N 13°30'34.3"E (Berlin, East Germany)

January 22, 1985

Garrison - 52°19'34.4"N 9°45'37.1"E (Hanover, West Germany)

November 13, 1983

Satellite - 15°38'38.0"S 12°51'46.3"E (Angola, Central Africa)

July 26, 1984

Nuketown '84 - 37°09'37.2"N 116°04'38.8"W (Nevada, United States)

July 4, 1984

Zombies

Die Maschine - 52°49'01"N 16°89'60"E (Morasko, Poland)

November 13, 1983

The campaign also has locations listed, but not coordinates. Unfortunately Cold War for some reason deleted by completed game save so I can't load up each mission.

• Moderators

It appears that all except the Morasko coordinates fit quite well. Only weird thing is that The Garrison coordinate links to a neighbourhood under Hanover, in the middle of a lake to be precise, rather than a real NATO base.

About the dates, how could it be that Cartel happens in 1982, before the activation of the Cyclotron? One would assume that the dimensional breaches worldwide only begun after the Soviets reactivated the device.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, anonymous said:

It appears that all except the Morasko coordinates fit quite well. Only weird thing is that The Garrison coordinate links to a neighbourhood under Hanover, in the middle of a lake to be precise, rather than a real NATO base.

About the dates, how could it be that Cartel happens in 1982, before the activation of the Cyclotron? One would assume that the dimensional breaches worldwide only begun after the Soviets reactivated the device.

The dates at least are for MP. As far as I know Onslaught doesn't have dates, so we can assume they are all happening around the same time after the cyclotron is reactivated.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

The dates at least are for MP. As far as I know Onslaught doesn't have dates, so we can assume they are all happening around the same time after the cyclotron is reactivated.

Unfortunately I won't be able to verify this until Wednesday but I believe it drops you right in without the introduction cutscene giving the date/coordinates when in Onslaught

• Moderators
22 hours ago, clueless said:

Unfortunately I won't be able to verify this until Wednesday but I believe it drops you right in without the introduction cutscene giving the date/coordinates when in Onslaught

Just wanted to let you know, Hunter played a neat game of Alpha Omega today untill this man appeared.

t2.png

t1.png

Clueless came, saw and won. He made Hunter listen to Dream Loser...

• Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Just wanted to let you know, Hunter played a neat game of Alpha Omega today untill this man appeared.

t2.png

t1.png

Clueless came, saw and won. He made Hunter listen to Dream Loser...

Hahaha he's definitely not as easy as his older counterpart, shame to make it so far into it and go down that quickly

On 12/13/2020 at 6:44 AM, anonymous said:

The dates are in the 1st intel for each breach location (except Miami). For example, the breach in Cartel occurs on Jan. 12, 1984 (per Querida Madre: Soldiers of Death).

• Moderators
2 hours ago, gorgorro said:

The dates are in the 1st intel for each breach location (except Miami). For example, the breach in Cartel occurs on Jan. 12, 1984 (per Querida Madre: Soldiers of Death).

Totally forget them, thanks man!

That would make:

• Jan. 12, 1984 for the outbreak in Cartel
  • 3 April, 1984 for the outbreak in Checkmate
  • 23 May, 1984 for the outbreak in Crossroads

Miami and Garrison excluded a date

Archived