Camo Grinding Strategy

ZombiesIsKey

Hey everyone! Hope you are all enjoying Cold War as much as I have been.

I have been grinding out the camo challenges as I’m REALLY excited to show how bad ass I have been at zombies and get that Dark Aether camo 🤣

All joking aside I’ve came up with a mini strategy that may help everyone with a few of the challenges especially the critical kills.

The Strategy

So the strategy is pretty simple and doesn’t take too much to set up.

For the first 10 rounds you want to be using the knife to maximise your points as much as possible. Keep one zombie alive and go and get the weapon that you are grinding out. You want to PAP it, get your perks ( I recommend Speed Cola & Deadshot ) and grab a chopper gunner.

Head on up to the roof of Nacht and keep debris at the back closed as this is where we are going to be standing. 

When the next wave starts zombies are only going to be coming ahead of you and from the rocks on the left just beside the wonder fizz machine. From here you will be able to use Deadshot to your advantage and slam your triggers for I get headshots and multi kills etc.

Rounds will fly by and you should be able to hold out here till round 20-26. When it’s getting uncomfortable you can either choose to exfil and start again or simply leave Nacht and go to your preferred training area to continue.

For the Megatons, when they spawn use your Aether Shroud and while this is active shoot the heck out of him and get him to split. Once your shroud is finished, finish him off with the chopper gunner and repeat.

PAP your weapon and upgrade it’s rarity as time goes on to maximise your killing time and also to make the Megatons easier.

I will update this thread with a video soon as I get the time to make one. 

Happy Zombie Hunting everyone and good luck to everyone on the Dark Aether ground. 

Extra good luck to anyone who is grind the thumper... I know your pain! 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
23 minutes ago, ZombiesIsKey said:

Extra good luck to anyone who is grind the thumper... I know your pain! 

Fucking nailed it! Although I suggest staying later in the game if possible; personally I don't mind losing out on some Level/Weapon XP if it means getting more progress for the camos done especially when the gun should be reaching its peak effectiveness by then (finally getting those final upgrades), but to each their own when it comes to comfort zones. I've gotten the Knife gold within a day or two of launch, and been trying to focus on the M79 since then. Everything is done except for THOSE camos, which I'm almost a third of the way through. Thankfully I hear this is the only challenge set ridiculously overwhelming throughout the entire grind so after this thing is finally done everything else will feel easy by comparison. A word of advice to everyone: Either wait and hope they nerf these challenges, or start working on these challenges ASAP; you're gonna be doing them for a long while....

1 hour ago, clueless said:

Fucking nailed it! Although I suggest staying later in the game if possible; personally I don't mind losing out on some Level/Weapon XP if it means getting more progress for the camos done especially when the gun should be reaching its peak effectiveness by then (finally getting those final upgrades), but to each their own when it comes to comfort zones. I've gotten the Knife gold within a day or two of launch, and been trying to focus on the M79 since then. Everything is done except for THOSE camos, which I'm almost a third of the way through. Thankfully I hear this is the only challenge set ridiculously overwhelming throughout the entire grind so after this thing is finally done everything else will feel easy by comparison. A word of advice to everyone: Either wait and hope they nerf these challenges, or start working on these challenges ASAP; you're gonna be doing them for a long while....

Yeah dude it’s an absolute pain. Have shotguns diamond, knife gold and now working on the M79. Only done 250 or so of the one shots...

The launchers are no better tbh, apart from the fact the RPG is a tiny bit more powerful.

I’d also recommend to stay in the game for as long as you can especially for the launchers as you really need them fully upgraded to maximise your progress with them.

Let me know how you get on with that mate @clueless

• Moderators

Quick update for the thread in general: The M79 and Launcher Brushstroke Camos were significantly nerfed yesterday, now only requiring 50 instead of 750 total instances. If you had more than that before the update, you won't get the camos until you kill 5+ zombies with one shot again so that the game registers the challenges completed in-game! Hopefully the grind is less painful now for everyone with this update!

2 hours ago, clueless said:

Quick update for the thread in general: The M79 and Launcher Brushstroke Camos were significantly nerfed yesterday, now only requiring 50 instead of 750 total instances. If you had more than that before the update, you won't get the camos until you kill 5+ zombies with one shot again so that the game registers the challenges completed in-game! Hopefully the grind is less painful now for everyone with this update!

Cheers mate. So glad you told me about this last night now. I can finally enjoy the game again 🤣

• 9 months later...

Archived