TranZit: Roadworks Ahead

Intelligence Quotient

After discussing with a few members on the Discord about their ideas to improve TranZit should we ever see it again, I had the idea to make a thread for discussing potential ideas for a TranZit Remake. I wanna get whatever ideas people have and collate them here, whether they be big fully developed ideas or just a thought here and there.

Later on I will be replying with my own idea for a remake, but for now I didn't want to weigh down the initial post and instead just open the field out to everyone to get the wheel rolling.

So, CoDZ Community, how would you fix TranZit?

Wheel.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a few suggestions:

Story-wise:

1. Background for this:
image.png

2. Explain "Dempsey was here".

3. Explanation for the shack with the monkey skulls

4. Further background on the NavCard system. 

5. Background on Nacht's 115-displacement

6. Explain how the Avogadro was contained in the underground "tube". 

7. Misty lore, we don't know too much about her. 

8. Background for the green lamps, possible tie-in to SoE. 

Map-design:

1. Lava and earthquakes make the floor go up and down, creating a dynamic map movement.
For example, the path between the church and the town goes up and down thus allowing bidirectional movement. 

2. A path from the corn field to the town. 

3. Connect the power's and town's underground areas, possibly with the shack as well, removing the turbine access. 

4. Buyable bus instead of non-stop movement, a requirement to access new areas for the first time. 

5. Bus route B 🙂

6. Buyable access to the diner's roof, connecting it with the gas station's roof. 

Gameplay-wise: 

1. Better Jet Gun

2. Pack a punch in Bus route B 🙂

3. Buff EMP + upgradable: Remove EMP cons (Bus, cross, perks, etc.) Increased blast radius, throwing EMP at zombies removes their HP to 1. 

Upgradable EMPs have further increased radius and they insta-kill zombies in the blast radius, buyable stuff in the blast radius have decreased price for 60 seconds. 

4. Buffed Galva-knuckles (perhaps in a quest): 1-melee kill avogadros.

Just ideas, as I've not thought on this in a while:

Some way to tp to downed folk or distance-revive. Maybe GG or Elixirs, though nobody wants micro transactions.

TP light teleport is reverse of bus route by 1 lamp post, instead of random. Random stuff should add fun, not be as bad as this was in this map.

Actual training areas. Who designed this crap?

Wallbuy in town. And generally better and/or more gun options.

Better PaP option.

AVOID BUSYWORK! Not everything needs to be in pieces scattered around the map. Limit buildables so we don't run around for hours in solo for no reason. Maybe multiple shield locations, or they switch over time so any area can replenish shield.

Jet gun fix into something better than this. Maybe various WWs if we stick with the current bad map design, so folk can train better.

Better seeing/graphics.

• Moderators

"You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me." - Tranzit speaking to current gen Zombies, circa 2020.

I'm probably going to break some limits here, so bear with me here because I have a LOT of things to discuss. 

LORE:

• HANFORD. SANATORIUM. The big one, the cause of the identical neck marks every zombie has and the numerous uniforms suggesting something far more sinister than even Richtofen's Grand Scheme. 

• Speaking of Richtofen's Grand Scheme, more radios letters and ciphers building the setting of a post-apocalyptic world. Five radios certainly weren't enough especially when half of them didn't really hit the mark to begin with. We only had 3 (4 if you count Nuketown but I'm not since it's still before the Moon Endgame even if Richtofen's Grand Scheme comes to fruition) maps exploring an entire world decimated by the actions of the few. Despite what we see we still don't truly get a full grasp of the consequences of our actions there, which lessens the impact (no pun intended).

• Explain the NAVCards, which only has the explanation of "PUT CARD HERE IT JUST WORKS". 

• Broken Arrow background info for the Hanford Site, we only have good juicy lore for Groom Lake while Hanford is shrouded in f̶o̶g̶ mystery. 

GAMEPLAY:

• Jet Gun rework and upgrade

• Expanded playable areas and new locations filling in the emptiness of the already existent map (including Hanford Sanatorium).

• More wallbuys in general, especially in Town.

• Buildables no longer reliant on the Turbine, or buildables actually worth being reliant on the Turbine.

• Less fog: Either thinner fog overall or same thickness fog covering less of the map.

• "Vray Gun" - Vril-powered Ray Gun-like weapon shown in concept art. I. Want. It.

• Various conspiracy based enemies/lore shown in concept art including Amphibian Zombies and Brain Robot.

• Upgradable/Reworked Buildables

• Different method for opening Pack-a-Punch, as well as an explanation for what's going on there.

• Rework the Ceiling Hatch, we shouldn't be locked out of Galvaknuckles on possibly one of the most important maps to have them because Tweedle Dee used it on the Bus nobody ever uses.

• More Bus Upgrades, T.E.D.D. DEMANDS FEALTY.

• More Perks, the "largest map" has the same amount of perks as The Giant. 

• Rework the Maxis Easter Egg, fighting the enemy that can one shot players without Jug WITHOUT JUG isn't fun, especially when it has to be lured to a very touchy specific spot beforehand.

• Remove the timer on the Tombstone Power-Up. At launch this didn't exist, and there is no way you're getting back there in 30 seconds in fucking TRANZIT. If anything keep the timer for smaller maps like Town where you have more than enough time.

• Rework the Denizen Teleporters in a similar fashion to how Classified Teleporters work.

MISCELLANEOUS:

• More Richtofen quotes for all players, also make all players able to hear the EE Quotes. WE HEAR HIM WHEN HE ANNOUNCES POWER UPS. For fuck's sake make the eccentric homosexual man's voice be played more often as he jovially cherishes his newfound power.

• 8-Player Co-Op: We know you can do it Treyarch you had it whether intentionally or not and you patched it out of the game.

• Moderators

I'm all in for a Hanford Sanatorium: This new area explains more of the unethical human experimentation Broken Arrow was performing here, and what they intended to achieve. The map area is likely to be the largest map area is Tranzit, having the size of about Verrückt, but very close quarters as the Sanatorium is full of tight alleyways and small rooms. Part of it is an old building, appearing similar to the alleyways of the hospital in Verdansk (Warzone), and part of it is a high tech laboratory similar to the underground areas of Tranzit, the Five labs and Rebirth Island. It reveals the room we can teleport to in Kino der Toten to be in this building.

I'm also in for more extraterrestial lore in Tranzit. We have Stuh's quotes about aliens, we have the grain circles and we have the Denizens, but none of it really fits together or has a more clear background. Would be cool if we'd be introduced to the remnants of an extraterrestial race (the Keepers?) that came here. I don't know, UFO's or something, weird artifacts recovered by Broken Arrow. How are the Denizens connected to this, and where does their ability to generate portals come from?

I agree with almost all point above, except that I don't want the gameplay to become too easy. No buyable bus, no wallbuy in Town.

On 11/11/2020 at 9:36 AM, clueless said:

Funny enough most games I don't even use the bus; I've memorized the map enough to rely on just Stamin-Up to traverse except for those two large patches of lava which also requires Jug

After not playing T for years, this was hard again. I knew each tp location as soon as I arrived back in the day, but when revisiting it, I was so lost.

Archived