HELP! Black Ops 3 Storyline

CommanderFa1con

For the first time ever, I purchased Black Ops 3 and 4 on Xbox One. I didn't make the switch to One until late 2017 and by then I had forgotten about buying Black Ops 3 or eventually getting 4. So to say the least, I really had no idea what's been going on for five years. I heard how Black Ops 4 ended and kinda knew what was happening in Black Ops 3. I've watched many lore videos and read many quotes. I'm starting to put things together but there's still a few things I do not understand. What I am really trying to comprehend is certain events in Black Ops 3. How did Primis get to The Giant and how did they get on the ship in the beginning of Zetsubou No Shima? Is every map in a different dimension/fracture? Revelations??? And I am very confused about the ZNS -> BOTD -> GK timeline jump. Please could someone anyone help me understand. I'm open to any discussions.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RichKiller said:

"How did Primis get to The Giant"
Great question that puzzles even people who went through BO3 and BO4. 
Was never explicitly explained, but I'm up to talk on it. 

I originally thought they were sent there after Origins but then Richthofen was not with the other three and was asked by Dempsey "Where the hell have you been for the last two years?" So I am wondering what happened.

1 hour ago, CommanderFa1con said:

I originally thought they were sent there after Origins but then Richthofen was not with the other three and was asked by Dempsey "Where the hell have you been for the last two years?" So I am wondering what happened.

It's worth saying that all quotes indicate that during The Giant we have that Nikolai, Takeo and Dempsey start to have memory problems. 

• Moderators

Welcome @CommanderFa1con! You ask some genuine good questions here and I am afraid the answer of them is mostly both speculative and debatable.

22 hours ago, CommanderFa1con said:

How did Primis get to The Giant

The most popular idea is that they come from Origins, arrive in the Original Universe in 1943, and two years later go to The Giant. What they did in the 2 years in between remains unknown, and also the presence of the MotD's Icarus plane on the roof at Der Riese is something weird. And then @Rapt made it an even bigger mystery with his threads some months ago. 

22 hours ago, CommanderFa1con said:

how did they get on the ship in the beginning of Zetsubou No Shima? Is every map in a different dimension/fracture?

I always assumed they teleported from Der Eisendrache to the ship at Zetsubou using the Summoning Key. Here is an interesting tread written by our boy Cal that theorizes that fractures are no alternative universes, but rather built upon each other and overwrites each other. So Primis couldn't simply teleport to another, coexisting universe; Rather, they changed history at Der Eisendrache which changed the past, and subsequently they travelled back in time to Zetsubou (which is several days before Der Eisendrache, but in a fracture). The theory goes that Gorod Krovi is built upon Zetsubou's fracture. This may be why in Der Eisendrache, we find a note about 'a possibility to rezurrect dragons', in Zetsubou we see Dragon eggs being bred, and in Gorod Krovi we see the actual Dragons alive! The fractures strive farther and farther away from the Original Universe.

8 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Welcome @CommanderFa1con! You ask some genuine good questions here and I am afraid the answer of them is mostly both speculative and debatable.

Thank you for the warm welcome and the help. It really seems there are no definitive answers to my or any questions regarding fractures and much of the storyline following Origins. I love the storyline and I want to follow it as best as I can.

• Moderators

Welcome to the insanity, @CommanderFa1con! The Giant alone is a cesspool of shrouded mysteries and loose ends, potential paths the story could have led us down....

While we have no idea how the three got to the Der Reise facility, their seemingly former knowledge of the "bad" Richtofen shows they've either been here before or spent a lot of time learning about him over the years leading up to The Giant (almost all evidence points to the former). They could have used a teleporter link with Maxis (I know where and when you are) or the Summoning Key (the bridge between dimensions) to teleport between ZnS, Alcatraz and GK, although through the teleporter link with Maxis makes more sense given his otherwise illogical knowledge of Richtofen's plan involving the blood (plus the fact we have several instances of hopping between different points by teleporter without returning to the original pad in between trips i.e. Moon Radios and Kino der Toten).

As others have mentioned, the general gist of the "natural order" of the Cycle so to speak is

Origins -> The Giant -> Der Eisendrache -> Zetsubou no Shima -> Quick Stop at Alcatraz -> Zetsubou no Shima -> Gorod Krovi -> Revelations -> Medieval Great War ->Ă̤͍̲͕̮͌͠c̡̭̤̽c̮͈͔̞̯͕̝͛ͮ͛͠e̶̪̥͖̹ͨp̸̩̩͍͇̹͕̭͐͊ͅt͇̝͙͉ͦ͞ ̼̬̦͓̰̠ͧͬ̇͡ͅŷ̵̠̤͆o̵̠̳̹̫̓u̎̎͏̩̟͕͚̝̜r̖̥͔̆͐ͧ͐͟ ͪ҉̖̝͉̟̱ͅf̷̟̩̣̩́͑̃ͅa̯̲̙̩͙͉̱͇͂̕t̸͖̹͒̅̆ͤe̶͕̣͚̥̼̐̆,̶̠̗̄̇͐͆ ̵̠̪̞̻̼̙̳͓̈͊̈́ḃ̊͏̟̲ȩ̣̯̺̻͖ͥg̴̫̟̾ͬ͑i͇̫̣̠̫ͫͤͨ̀́n̲͉͖̲̟̫͓̥ͫ̃̎͝ ̖̤̫͋ͧ͠ͅa̢̻̰͍͚̲̫̞̤͗n̨̬͙̻͕͓̈̑e̺̹̹͍ͨ́̑ͪ̕w̵̩͎̓̏ͨ-> Origins

However after one of these cycle iterations, Richtofen manages to figure it out and teleports to Alcatraz to intercept the crew there, changing/breaking the Cycle altogether to:

Origins -> The Giant -> Der Eisendrache -> Zetsubou no Shima -> Not-So Quick Stop at Alcatraz -> Quick Stop at Area 51 -> Alpha Omega -> Tag der Toten

This nullifies Gorod Krovi and thereafter, as they technically never happen in this broken iteration of the Cycle.

Once again, welcome to the insanity and hope you enjoy your time here!

11 hours ago, clueless said:

Welcome to the insanity, @CommanderFa1con! The Giant alone is a cesspool of shrouded mysteries and loose ends, potential paths the story could have led us down....

While we have no idea how the three got to the Der Reise facility, their seemingly former knowledge of the "bad" Richtofen shows they've either been here before or spent a lot of time learning about him over the years leading up to The Giant (almost all evidence points to the former). They could have used a teleporter link with Maxis (I know where and when you are) or the Summoning Key (the bridge between dimensions) to teleport between ZnS, Alcatraz and GK, although through the teleporter link with Maxis makes more sense given his otherwise illogical knowledge of Richtofen's plan involving the blood (plus the fact we have several instances of hopping between different points by teleporter without returning to the original pad in between trips i.e. Moon Radios and Kino der Toten).

As others have mentioned, the general gist of the "natural order" of the Cycle so to speak is

Origins -> The Giant -> Der Eisendrache -> Zetsubou no Shima -> Quick Stop at Alcatraz -> Zetsubou no Shima -> Gorod Krovi -> Revelations -> Medieval Great War ->Ă̤͍̲͕̮͌͠c̡̭̤̽c̮͈͔̞̯͕̝͛ͮ͛͠e̶̪̥͖̹ͨp̸̩̩͍͇̹͕̭͐͊ͅt͇̝͙͉ͦ͞ ̼̬̦͓̰̠ͧͬ̇͡ͅŷ̵̠̤͆o̵̠̳̹̫̓u̎̎͏̩̟͕͚̝̜r̖̥͔̆͐ͧ͐͟ ͪ҉̖̝͉̟̱ͅf̷̟̩̣̩́͑̃ͅa̯̲̙̩͙͉̱͇͂̕t̸͖̹͒̅̆ͤe̶͕̣͚̥̼̐̆,̶̠̗̄̇͐͆ ̵̠̪̞̻̼̙̳͓̈͊̈́ḃ̊͏̟̲ȩ̣̯̺̻͖ͥg̴̫̟̾ͬ͑i͇̫̣̠̫ͫͤͨ̀́n̲͉͖̲̟̫͓̥ͫ̃̎͝ ̖̤̫͋ͧ͠ͅa̢̻̰͍͚̲̫̞̤͗n̨̬͙̻͕͓̈̑e̺̹̹͍ͨ́̑ͪ̕w̵̩͎̓̏ͨ-> Origins

However after one of these cycle iterations, Richtofen manages to figure it out and teleports to Alcatraz to intercept the crew there, changing/breaking the Cycle altogether to:

Origins -> The Giant -> Der Eisendrache -> Zetsubou no Shima -> Not-So Quick Stop at Alcatraz -> Alpha Omega -> Tag der Toten

This nullifies Gorod Krovi and thereafter, as they technically never happen in this broken iteration of the Cycle.

Once again, welcome to the insanity and hope you enjoy your time here!

Thanks a ton, I now understand the gist of the cycle. Unfortunately, Gorod Krovi only continues the cycle and never happened in the final sequence of events 😢 (It's my favorite map). But I'm starting to put it together much better now, but I'm still hazy on Alpha Omega. How do Ultimus and Primus come together?

• Moderators
6 hours ago, CommanderFa1con said:

Thanks a ton, I now understand the gist of the cycle. Unfortunately, Gorod Krovi only continues the cycle and never happened in the final sequence of events 😢 (It's my favorite map). But I'm starting to put it together much better now, but I'm still hazy on Alpha Omega. How do Ultimus and Primus come together?

Oh whoops, my bad! I forgot an integral step where Primis (with Great War Richtofen?) go to Area 51 Hangar 4 I believe where Ultimis is being held, and recruit them

Archived