Hello

Grimmstein

Hi. How are all of You? So not only am I new to this forum but the whole forum deal overall.

Any of You have some nice tips for a newcomer?

Regarding things about myself, I'm a chick and I draw for a living. I guess that'd be it. Obviously interested in zombies - Ultimis and a bit of Primis to be exact. Been playing since BO1 but that doesn't mean I'm good at it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

An artist! Wilkommen to the family, comrade! I was like you when I came here, totally new to the forum deal and even online discussions in general. Granted, I've seen little places on the internet that are so kind and open as CoDZ here, a place full of zombies players from all over the globe, and I am sure you'll like it. If you're interested, we also have a Discord where most quick-talk happens, whilst this site mostly functions as a hub of many theories, stories, strategies, speculations, etc.

Just out of personal curiousity, what kind of style do you draw? Realistic? Abstract? And on the subject of zombies: What's your favourite map?

Yeah, I've been lurking around here and there and this place seemed chill enough. I'm a rather shy person when it comes to interracting with people, mostly staying in the shadows. Though I managed to gather enough courage to finally poke around to find some people with similar interests. Regarding Discord - I'm already waiting for the approval. I thought that people mostly talk there. At least that's how I've seen things go with other communities.

I draw in many different ways. Ranging from some cutesy and cartoonish things to realism and horror. If You happen to remember the big drama about Shifty Gamer's Mob of The Dead remaster that happened some time ago - I was actually the artist who drew the promo art for it. Also worked with Borderline Disaster on Blood of the Dead and with Rockit Gaming on some of their zombies projects as well. I don't mind showing off some of the examples if You like lmao.

And to answer the question about the map - it's really hard to pick just one. The maps from BO1 hold a special place in my heart - especially Kino (not original, I know), Der Riese and Ascension. Though for me any map with Ultimis and Primis is a fun map. As of late I've been dabbling into BO4 and having plenty of fun too (mostly because I just bought it). So far the only maps I haven't played that much are Moon and Gorod Krovi. Probably because I always get easily lost there for some reason and die while trying to fnd the collectibles hah.

What about Your favorite(s)?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Grimmstein said:

I don't mind showing off some of the examples if You like lmao.

Definately! We have a 'Zombie Labs' category here on CoDZ where you can post any fanon creations, and I know @halsten also likes to draw Zombies-themed art. Personally I have a weakness for realistic looking art, but any art that cones from the heart is good.

I self too, and many here as well, can be shy to strangers. But you can get acquinted with all the friendly folks here, and I truly consider it as dome kind of family having the same interest. I genuine cherish that characterism of this place. Have you found the link to the Discord, or is it easier for you if I copy paste it in this thread?

As for favourite map, I'm the Tranzit guy here (see my profile picture :p). Be wary of talking bad about that map, because I will always be it's eternal advocate 🙂

12 hours ago, anonymous said:

Definately! We have a 'Zombie Labs' category here on CoDZ where you can post any fanon creations, and I know @halsten also likes to draw Zombies-themed art. Personally I have a weakness for realistic looking art, but any art that cones from the heart is good.

I self too, and many here as well, can be shy to strangers. But you can get acquinted with all the friendly folks here, and I truly consider it as dome kind of family having the same interest. I genuine cherish that characterism of this place. Have you found the link to the Discord, or is it easier for you if I copy paste it in this thread?

As for favourite map, I'm the Tranzit guy here (see my profile picture :p). Be wary of talking bad about that map, because I will always be it's eternal advocate 🙂

I will definitely be checking that category soon then. Also has that user published any pieces? Would love to check 'em out too. 

I'm looking forward to finding my family here too then lmao. And I'm still waiting for the approval from an administrator. Not sure whether providing me with a link earlier wouldn't get us both in trouble haha.

I don't think I'll ever talk badly about any map. I don't like dismissing an entire thing all together. I can have a few minor complaints here and there about something but overall, the dev team has put lots of hard work and had to overcome plenty of industry-based obstacles to get them out. 

• Administrators

Welcome aboard! Hmmm...tips...well, I guess you'll find mostly that CODZ focuses pretty strongly on civil discussion and decency towards all members, new and old. Here's the Code of Conduct - good first-time reading to get you familiar with the olde forum ethos. And on that note, welcome to the family!!! Honestly can't wait to see your art (should you choose to share!) @cluelesshas also done some great art recently, (def gonna use your thumbnail soon bud!) and I love the thought of having more artists congregate here! Code of Conduct

Here's a quick guide to the forum ATM: 

As far as operational practices, whenever you can get in the discord, feel free to ask any questions you have; browse the forums here for topics; if you have any theories, topics you're passionate about and want to discuss in greater detail, just dive right in and write one up! 

General Discussion is a pretty safe bet for anything Zombies - theories, discussions, artwork, etc: https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/70-general-zombies-discussion/

Here's the developing forum for Black Ops Cold War Zombies: https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/308-zombies/

And one for general Cold War topics: https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/307-general-discussion/

This here is the Asylum - a prestigious forum for thoroughly-researched and in-depth theories. You don't need to be a long-time member to write a qualified post! If your topic is involved and in-depth, you'll fit right in: https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/73-asylum/

Lastly, if you're wanting to write about a particular map from a previous game, here are the forums for previous games - just drill down to find the map you want: https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/300-previous-cod-titles/

There's an off-topic forum for any non-zombies topic, art or otherwise: https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/14-off-topic/

Hope that helps! If you ever need help, feel free to ask anyone wearing Green or Red - mods and admins, we're always happy to help out!

• Moderators

(I SWEAR I posted a response here yesterday, but guess I have another thing to blame Maxis for...)

Hi, and welcome! 

On 10/4/2020 at 10:08 PM, Grimmstein said:

I draw for a living. I guess that'd be it. Obviously interested in zombies - Ultimis and a bit of Primis to be exact. Been playing since BO1 but that doesn't mean I'm good at it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Another fellow artist, awesome! I tend to avoid drawing humans and humanoid objects, seems to be one of the things I've never managed to get quite right but LOVE drawing pretty much anything else! Hopefully we get to see some of your work at some point, but that's entirely at your discretion and shouldn't be forced by anyone. And skills in zombies improve with time, but unlike MP you can learn at your own pace and that's ok! 🙂 Welcome to the forums, hope you have fun here and on the Discord! 🙂 

12 hours ago, anonymous said:

That's ord. Talked with the admins and Infestlithium thought it may be a problem with a Discord plugin. Does this link work?: https://discord.gg/z4gEwz

Lemme know if it doesn't and what error it says if it does. 

As for Halsten, she only posted her drawings on the discord I'm afraid

The link worked! Thank You! Now just to get caught up with all the rules and channels lmao 

7 hours ago, NaBrZHunter said:

Welcome aboard! Hmmm...tips...well, I guess you'll find mostly that CODZ focuses pretty strongly on civil discussion and decency towards all members, new and old. Here's the Code of Conduct - good first-time reading to get you familiar with the olde forum ethos. And on that note, welcome to the family!!! Honestly can't wait to see your art (should you choose to share!) @cluelesshas also done some great art recently, (def gonna use your thumbnail soon bud!) and I love the thought of having more artists congregate here! Code of Conduct

Here's a quick guide to the forum ATM: 

As far as operational practices, whenever you can get in the discord, feel free to ask any questions you have; browse the forums here for topics; if you have any theories, topics you're passionate about and want to discuss in greater detail, just dive right in and write one up! 

General Discussion is a pretty safe bet for anything Zombies - theories, discussions, artwork, etc: https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/70-general-zombies-discussion/

Here's the developing forum for Black Ops Cold War Zombies: https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/308-zombies/

And one for general Cold War topics: https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/307-general-discussion/

This here is the Asylum - a prestigious forum for thoroughly-researched and in-depth theories. You don't need to be a long-time member to write a qualified post! If your topic is involved and in-depth, you'll fit right in: https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/73-asylum/

Lastly, if you're wanting to write about a particular map from a previous game, here are the forums for previous games - just drill down to find the map you want: https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/300-previous-cod-titles/

There's an off-topic forum for any non-zombies topic, art or otherwise: https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/14-off-topic/

Hope that helps! If you ever need help, feel free to ask anyone wearing Green or Red - mods and admins, we're always happy to help out!

Oh thank You very much! This did clarify plenty of things. I will surely be diving into each one of them haha. The basic rules seem simple enough. Surely even I'll be able to follow them lmao

6 hours ago, clueless said:

(I SWEAR I posted a response here yesterday, but guess I have another thing to blame Maxis for...)

Hi, and welcome! 

Another fellow artist, awesome! I tend to avoid drawing humans and humanoid objects, seems to be one of the things I've never managed to get quite right but LOVE drawing pretty much anything else! Hopefully we get to see some of your work at some point, but that's entirely at your discretion and shouldn't be forced by anyone. And skills in zombies improve with time, but unlike MP you can learn at your own pace and that's ok! 🙂 Welcome to the forums, hope you have fun here and on the Discord! 🙂 

We should send him to the Moon - again lmao

Oh man I am the opposite then haha. I love drawing humans and characters overall. And of course I'd love to share. I have too much Zombies art for my own good, so obviously I am not going to just dump it somewhere here. Pretty sure that'd be an overkill lmao. 

• Moderators
Just now, Grimmstein said:

We should send him to the Moon - again lmao

Oh man I am the opposite then haha. I love drawing humans and characters overall. And of course I'd love to share. I have too much Zombies art for my own good, so obviously I am not going to just dump it somewhere here. Pretty sure that'd be an overkill lmao. 

Nonsense! Dump away!

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Grimmstein said:

Oh thank You very much! This did clarify plenty of things. I will surely be diving into each one of them haha. The basic rules seem simple enough. Surely even I'll be able to follow them lmao

Oh yeah, honestly, rules are best when read, but at the same time, applied common sense usually suffices - so read as you go, don't feel like you need to memorize them all before jumping in with the rest of the gang. 

EDIT: OH yes, by all means, dump away! I'll be sure to quietly tip 'em the right direction if ya need me to. 😉 

Welcome! I haven't been on the forums as much as I should be, but I'm looking to rectify that. You'll find a lot of the more miscellaneous conversations on the Discord server. In-depth stuff goes on the forums in my experience, but it varies. Hope you enjoy your time here!

2 minutes ago, NotAnAn0n said:

Welcome! I haven't been on the forums as much as I should be, but I'm looking to rectify that. You'll find a lot of the more miscellaneous conversations on the Discord server. In-depth stuff goes on the forums in my experience, but it varies. Hope you enjoy your time here!

I'll surely be lurking here every now and then when time allows. I'll surely be looking forward to seeing Your posts here.

Thank You!

On 10/5/2020 at 3:08 AM, Grimmstein said:

Hi. How are all of You? So not only am I new to this forum but the whole forum deal overall.

Any of You have some nice tips for a newcomer?

Regarding things about myself, I'm a chick and I draw for a living. I guess that'd be it. Obviously interested in zombies - Ultimis and a bit of Primis to be exact. Been playing since BO1 but that doesn't mean I'm good at it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome friend!
Always nice to see a new face around. Hope you enjoy your time at CODZ and you will need to let us see some of your artwork for sure! 😛

4 minutes ago, Blurryface said:

Welcome friend!
Always nice to see a new face around. Hope you enjoy your time at CODZ and you will need to let us see some of your artwork for sure! 😛

Thank You!  And of course!  I'll probably post a new batch soon when I get a chance to edit them! 

Archived