[Possible spoilers] A second map

anonymous

• Moderators

I'm not fully sure whether these are spoilers or not, but word it says that next to 'Die Maschine', there will be a second zombies map this time set in Vietnam.

5d7ccca0372b0844e30049d720f5949f.jpg?wid

The interesting thing about this is the photo of the choppers, which definately relates the the Vietnam war, which took till 1975. Would this mean this map takes place prior to 'Die Maschine' and the Cold War campaign?

Now there's a location in red on that map beneath.

@Tac and @DescentIntoDarkness noted this could be the city of Hái Phòng, or more specifically Hạ Long Bay. That latter has a huge network of tunnels beneath, filled with ancient artifact, which may hint at some Keeper stuff? How could this relate to the maschine in the Polish map which seems to tap into the Dark Aether?

Speaking of which, we saw Juggernog, a Raygun and a monkeybomb in the trailers, which would mean that Group 935 had existed in this universe. The map is also set at a meteorite impact, which hints at 115. Wasn't the Aether locked-off Earth after Tag? How could 115 have made their return? What exactly is the enormous device we see in the trailer?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

*spoilers, he says for the discord bot*

I really wonder in reference to Sam's comment on this happening before, like does this relate to her old Aether memories (a strong possibility) or that it happened in say Vietnam in 1968 or something (related to Perseus's last known action because the 3arc intel says he acted with Kravchenko in Vietnam).

Quick thing I don't think the second image is showing of the location marked in red 😛

Also we did post it but it was TGR who referenced the Bay which is interesting. Pinnaz points out it may be DOA3?? 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Tac said:

*spoilers, he says for the discord bot*

I really wonder in reference to Sam's comment on this happening before, like does this relate to her old Aether memories (a strong possibility) or that it happened in say Vietnam in 1968 or something (related to Perseus's last known action because the 3arc intel says he acted with Kravchenko in Vietnam).

Quick thing I don't think the second image is showing of the location marked in red 😛

Also we did post it but it was TGR who referenced the Bay which is interesting. Pinnaz points out it may be DOA3?? 

Some speculation here if it isn't DOA: This is an area in Northern Vietnam which was always of the North Vietnamese, and there wasn't fought at this area. This would make it ideally for any type of weird excavation or experimentation. Perhaps the Soviets uncovered something here that would lead to the facility at Morasko, Poland?

Interesting thing about Perseus and Kravchenko, didn't knew that. Could it relate to this Black Ops intel:

image.png

The transport of what?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, anonymous said:

This would make it ideally for any type of weird excavation or experimentation. Perhaps the Soviets uncovered something here that would lead to the facility at Morasko, Poland?

I found this line from the 3arc blog post really interesting: "At the same time, a Soviet-led division and rival to Requiem, the Omega Group, enters the fray. The Omega Group also has a keen interest in studying and harnessing the unexplained events and anomalies manifesting around the globe." So to this point it seems it may not be isolated to the new Nacht, whatever that even means. As Cal and Rad have said they consider Nacht special in the universe so perhaps not expect something very similar, but they're certainly laying the groundwork for traversing the globe imo.

3 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Interesting thing about Perseus and Kravchenko, didn't knew that. Could it relate to this Black Ops intel:

image.png

The transport of what?

That almost makes me think of the Fracture Jaw stuff they've been promoting, which afaik are American internal debates about using nukes in vietnam (and deploying miniature nukes there) but didnt actually happen, so I really wonder now if that's related. I suspect maybe it's different, was going to say Nova or something but that's what Kravchenko was up so given it's late I can't remember anything right now. Gonna think more on this thread

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Tac said:

I found this line from the 3arc blog post really interesting: "At the same time, a Soviet-led division and rival to Requiem, the Omega Group, enters the fray. The Omega Group also has a keen interest in studying and harnessing the unexplained events and anomalies manifesting around the globe." So to this point it seems it may not be isolated to the new Nacht, whatever that even means. As Cal and Rad have said they consider Nacht special in the universe so perhaps not expect something very similar, but they're certainly laying the groundwork for traversing the globe imo.

That almost makes me think of the Fracture Jaw stuff they've been promoting, which afaik are American internal debates about using nukes in vietnam (and deploying miniature nukes there) but didnt actually happen, so I really wonder now if that's related. I suspect maybe it's different, was going to say Nova or something but that's what Kravchenko was up so given it's late I can't remember anything right now. Gonna think more on this thread

Oh boy, I didn't even read that blog!

With more than a nod to “Nacht der Untoten” – the map that started it all – “Die Maschine” takes place in the early ‘80s, but its roots reach back even further into the past. 

As part of Requiem, a CIA-backed international response team led by Grigori Weaver from the original Black Ops story, operatives explore a World War II bunker that hasn’t only been ravaged by time... 

While fighting to suppress the unnatural phenomena at this graffiti-skinned, boarded-up bunker, Requiem team members investigate what lies beneath this structure that’s been left to crumble after decades of disservice. Should they succeed, Requiem may uncover a cache of decades-old secrets that upend the global order.

At the same time, a Soviet-led division and rival to Requiem, the Omega Group, enters the fray. The Omega Group also has a keen interest in studying and harnessing the unexplained events and anomalies manifesting around the globe. 

Between Requiem and Omega Group, there are plenty of characters who may aid or hinder your journey, while others have separate, unknown agendas that will be up to players to discover. Among this cast, there is one particular contact – Sam – who seems eager to share intel discovered from deep within the KGB.

Bolstered by various pieces of intel that players can track in-game, this incredible Zombies story will start to unfold in mysterious and unexpected ways... 

So we have two groups? Could this hint to a 8-player map or something, perhaps even a Grief mode? Interesting that the Omega Group also tries to study the area around Morasko, I presumably believed that the station there actually was a Soviet station. So it's all Nazi, with Americans and Soviets trying to uncover it like some kind of modern day Der Riese massacre?

Archived