CODZ YouTube: Making the Ultimate Community Collaboration

NaBrZHunter

• Administrators

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening to the far-reaching ranks of CODZers! I hail you with this message, and beseech thee: attend!

Over the last few months, the CODZ YouTube team has been working hard to grow the CODZ Community's visibility in the YouTube sphere, with aims of bringing more attention, and passionate zombies fans to the forum and Discord discussions. Our ambition as administrators of a channel on behalf of this ancient and storied forum is to find a balance between recognizable leadership that will be recognizable to new visitors (currently the cast of *Podcast Der Toten Season 5* - @RadZakpak, @Tac@Mattzs - and our latest individual producer, @Thor) and most importantly: a channel that communicates a true sense of the community and group-creativity the has been the heart and soul of CODZ Forums for over 10 years. Many of you have been so supportive of your team over the last year, and that means so much to us. If you have any feedback on the projects we have worked on lately, or ideas or topics you would like to see discussed, addressed, or portrayed please feel free to reach out to me over PM, and let's continue this collaboration.

A few things that we'd like to venture towards:

• FEATURED ARTWORK! For those of you who have the skills and desire to do so, we'd love to see your artistic creations, whether handmade or digitally rendered! This is something we'd like to occasionally share on the Forum, YT and Twitter to bring into focus the talents and variety of our members.
  • SKIT IDEAS! This is one I would LOVE to do more of, especially to meet up with CODZers in-game to record and capture a broader representation of our community!
  • GREAT MOMENTS in zombies! Get us a FREAKING TALENT ROLL of your in-game skills, either in multiplayer or zombies, that we can show off! Blow our minds and we'll have to sit down and record a chat with you about the experience.
  •  

It's almost time for a new season, and this time, we want as many of you along for the ride as we can manage.

Thanks for reading, and hope to hear from y'all!

@NaBrZHunter

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

As my eyes caught this thread I knew instantly what you speak of: The fact CODZOfficial has so many different presentators and directors, such as the PDT team with guests, Thor with his analysis recently and Nabrzhunter's 'Debunked' videos back in the days, is something both unique and full of potential. I'd love to see this channel utilized by many people from across the Forums, making it a true community channel which is one of it's kind in the entire Zombies community. 

I think viewers would appreciate more short videos as well, like Rad's 'Self-loathing' video or the Cold War analysises. The problem I sometimes have with the longer videos is that I simply lack the time of watching them fully: I open Youtube when I am in public transport or have a short break. 

Aside from that, videos that provide discussion including multiple members, such as the Podcasts der Toten, are a great representation of what we are here on CoDZ: A Team, a community, participants in a discussion. The reason I have never watched other Zombie YTbers is that I dislike the attitude that someone talks, without discussions and questions of others. CODZOfficial is the sole exception of this.

Anyway, I am eager to take part of a PDT one day if the team feels like, and I think I am also able to record a theory that might be worthy of putting on the Youtube. Question though, how about the video itself? The gameplay recording and pictures? I cannot do that (yet), what program are you all using.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, anonymous said:

Anyway, I am eager to take part of a PDT one day if the team feels like, and I think I am also able to record a theory that might be worthy of putting on the Youtube. Question though, how about the video itself? The gameplay recording and pictures? I cannot do that (yet), what program are you all using.

You're always welcome on the show! And if you have a theory that would make a great video, just send a rough script for it with pictures the same way you would a thread, and we can work with that!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 9:50 AM, NaBrZHunter said:

Good morning, good afternoon, good evening to the far-reaching ranks of CODZers! I hail you with this message, and beseech thee: attend!

Over the last few months, the CODZ YouTube team has been working hard to grow the CODZ Community's visibility in the YouTube sphere, with aims of bringing more attention, and passionate zombies fans to the forum and Discord discussions. Our ambition as administrators of a channel on behalf of this ancient and storied forum is to find a balance between recognizable leadership that will be recognizable to new visitors (currently the cast of *Podcast Der Toten Season 5* - @RadZakpak, @Tac@Mattzs - and our latest individual producer, @Thor) and most importantly: a channel that communicates a true sense of the community and group-creativity the has been the heart and soul of CODZ Forums for over 10 years. Many of you have been so supportive of your team over the last year, and that means so much to us. If you have any feedback on the projects we have worked on lately, or ideas or topics you would like to see discussed, addressed, or portrayed please feel free to reach out to me over PM, and let's continue this collaboration.

A few things that we'd like to venture towards:

• FEATURED ARTWORK! For those of you who have the skills and desire to do so, we'd love to see your artistic creations, whether handmade or digitally rendered! This is something we'd like to occasionally share on the Forum, YT and Twitter to bring into focus the talents and variety of our members.
  • SKIT IDEAS! This is one I would LOVE to do more of, especially to meet up with CODZers in-game to record and capture a broader representation of our community!
  • GREAT MOMENTS in zombies! Get us a FREAKING TALENT ROLL of your in-game skills, either in multiplayer or zombies, that we can show off! Blow our minds and we'll have to sit down and record a chat with you about the experience.
  •  

It's almost time for a new season, and this time, we want as many of you along for the ride as we can manage.

Thanks for reading, and hope to hear from y'all!

@NaBrZHunter

✋ would love to contribute! If You guys ever need some custom art, thumbnails or some artsy video editing and what-not, I'll gladly help out as much as I can.

• Administrators
On 10/6/2020 at 11:04 PM, Grimmstein said:

✋ would love to contribute! If You guys ever need some custom art, thumbnails or some artsy video editing and what-not, I'll gladly help out as much as I can.

Oh my. This would be amazing - I can't wait! I will absolutely be reaching out!

@Boom115 HOW DID I MISS THAT? MORE BOOM ART! 😂

On 9/17/2020 at 9:50 AM, NaBrZHunter said:

FEATURED ARTWORK! For those of you who have the skills and desire to do so, we'd love to see your artistic creations, whether handmade or digitally rendered!

For all you Ace Attorney fans out there

Years ago I drew this edit of that Pacha meme that went viral on 4chan for a day or two, spoilers - the linework is really bad haha.

You can just tell the inexperience by me using Photoshop instead of something like Illustrator.

Think I finished this in an hour or so, maybe I'll redo it properly this time now that I have my tools set again.

When the verdict is just Wright

b57.png

Archived