Take-Two CEO Expects Xbox To Do "Very Well" In The Next Generation

• Administrators
Admin

Microsoft will do "very well" in the next generation of consoles when compared to the current era that saw the Xbox One face stiff competition from Sony's PlayStation 4, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick has predicted. In an interview with Protocol, Zelnick explained that Microsoft's strategy to acquire multiple game studios would result in healthier competition between the two console brands.

"So far it looks to me as though they're both approaching this launch very aggressively. We've always worked happily with both parties," he said. "We would like to see both be very successful. In certain parts of the world, as you know, Sony had a preferred position last time around. I think Microsoft is working very, very hard to see that that's not repeated. I think it will be a challenge in Asia, where Sony's dominated. But if I had to guess, I think Microsoft is going to do very well."

Zelnick also spoke about subscription services like Xbox Game Pass, which briefly included Red Dead Redemption 2 and Grand Theft Auto V in its library at one point. The CEO said that Take-Two would be more selective of which business models the company will make use of in the future.

Continue Reading at GameSpot

View the full article