GK Corp: A Missed Secret?

NotAnAn0n

Recently, I was looking through the intel from Black Ops 1 and GKNOVA6 for my writing. Specifically, I was looking for information regarding the development of Nova 6. The role of the Gorky-Korolev Medical Company confused me at first. Why would a Prague-based shell company with a Russian name be used by Nazi Germany to develop their secret weapon? Moreover, how would a private, collaborationist entity not immediately be liquidated by the Soviet Union, even being used as a cover to smuggle Nova 6 into the United States? Then I discovered this in @Tac's old GKNOVA6 intel thread.

VjVG67RtlvW4Mxw_renwDy2nNOUtsH7JccL_ohNU

Apologies, for the enormous size. Look at the left clipping. This GK Corp seems to be different from the Gorky-Korolev Medical Company. Perhaps this corporation assisted the German government in the Giftiger Sturm project, similar to how IG Farben developed Zyklon B? I think this to be an interesting possibility. Also, credit again to Tac for inspiring the IG Farben connection.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Sharp eyes! Perhaps GK corps was the original organization that worked on Project Giftiger Storm in cooperation with the V2 program. Via Project Nova, the Soviets overtook their research and scientists, now continuing under the name GK Medical company: Officially standing for Gorki-Korelev (Gorki being the chemical scientist, Korelev the father of the Soviet space program), 'GK' may also stand for German Knowledge, or even refer to the original German organization behind the Nova Gas: GK.

Aka German GK ceased to exist, but it continued secretly under the Soviet GK, still involving gas and rockets.

Good find!

https://callofduty.fandom.com/wiki/WMD_(mission)/Intel

SUBJECT: UPDATE ON GKM ANALYSIS

Analysis of operational intelligence has shown that the Gorki-Korolev medical (GKM) Company based in Prague is being used to funnel the Soviet Chemical weapon NOVA 6 into North Vietnam and Laos using commercial cargo planes. We believe GKM to be the front company that supplied the NOVA 6 to suspected agents within U.S borders.

GKM is registered to one PAVEL GORKI, a cousin of Colonel Lev Krevchenko. The team is constructing a profile on Gorki, but we have confirmed that, following the end of WW2, he was involved in the massacre at Der Reise and the resulting standoff with American forces.

So that's Gorki from Gorki-Korolev of GKNova. Who is Korolev then? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Korolev

Sergei Pavlovich Korolev January 12 [O.S. December 30] 1907 – 14 January 1966) was a lead Soviet rocket engineer and spacecraft designer during the Space Race between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1950s and 1960s. He is regarded by many as the father of practical astronautics. He was involved in the development of the R-7 Rocket, Sputnik 1, and launching Laika and the first human being, Yuri Gagarin, into space.

Towards the latter part of Korolev's life, he had been working on projects for reaching the planets Mars and Venus, and even had spacecraft ready to reach both. The United States was also working towards reaching these planets, so it was a race to see who would be successful. Korolev's two initial Mars probes suffered from engine failures, and the five probes the Soviet Union launched in hopes of reaching Venus all failed between 1961 and 1962, Korolev himself supervised the launches of all probes.

For the Moon race, Korolev's staff started to design the immense N1 rocket in 1961, using the NK-15 liquid fuel rocket engine. He also was working on the design for the Soyuz spacecraft that was intended to carry crews to LEO and to the Moon. As well, Korolev was designing the Luna series of vehicles that would soft-land on the Moon and make robotic missions to Mars and Venus. Unexpectedly, he died in January 1966, before he could see his various plans brought to fruition.

• Moderators

Good stuff there! I don't have a good idea of what happened here, but the GKZ-45 is proof that the Russians were collaborating with Japan (where it was stolen from) and Japan was also collaborating with Group 935. Perhaps there's a link somewhere there to this? But I'm more likely just grasping at straws here, I'm not familiar with most of the topic here sorry

• Moderators
20 hours ago, clueless said:

Good stuff there! I don't have a good idea of what happened here, but the GKZ-45 is proof that the Russians were collaborating with Japan (where it was stolen from) and Japan was also collaborating with Group 935. Perhaps there's a link somewhere there to this? But I'm more likely just grasping at straws here, I'm not familiar with most of the topic here sorry

We also have that quote of someone (presumably Reznov) stealing blueprints from Group 935. They might have acquired it via that?

• Moderators

"Mission log entry 45
I am over the site looking down through the open door. I can see weird distortion below me like a localized aurora borealis. I would normally cancel the operation but we don't have time. Luckily I have taken experimental weaponry version three that no one has seen before from my previous mission. Never say never.
Peter"

This is what I was referencing but thought that it was from ZnS, turns out it was from DE so there goes my evidence for my thoughts haha

Archived