Let's Make a Map: Volume 1, Part 1 | This Might Get Crazy

clueless

• Moderators

tumblr_o4k9esdv3t1ubtit2o1_1280.jpgI discussed the idea yesterday on Discord and decided to try it out after working it out a bit. I want to spitball some map ideas and scratch my itches for drawing and map design while waiting on my friends for the more in-depth story I posted a few days back. So for now, I'm going to call on you guys for some maps!

Here's how this'll work. I'll have several topics below, and different users assign a role for a different topic (users can only assign one specific topic, no double-dipping). In addition I'll have 3 Wildcards that can be assigned for ANYTHING in the map be it gameplay mechanic or map feature as long as they don't overwrite or interfere with another established topic (so in theory we could have a map with 5 different Wonder Weapons). Once I have all the topics filled, I'll draw a map up for it based around everything and post that afterwards maybe with some backstory if I can work it out. Let's see how this goes!

TOPICS:

DATE: August 31, 1986

THEME: UNASSIGNED

WONDER WEAPON 1 (If the Wonder Weapon is custom please explain it in detail): UNASSIGNED

WONDER WEAPON 2 (If the Wonder Weapon is custom please explain it in detail): UNASSIGNED

WILDCARD 1: UNASSIGNED

WILDCARD 2: UNASSIGNED

WILDCARD 3: UNASSIGNED

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I decided to go for location: this little spot in Central Asia:

De bronafbeelding bekijken

"Huh, why Afghanistan?"

Well ladies and gentleman, may I remind you that the country has a very long and interesting history. The history starts with the nation being part of the ancient Indus Civilization, among the first settlements of mankind (Ancient Alienssss), and ends with three major global powers trying to invade it (first the British, followed by the Soviets, followed by the US & co). Not without a reason this place is called the 'Cemetery of Global Powers'. 

For the person who choses when the map will take place, there is a lot of potential and choices: Are you going ancient civilization, colonial war, Cold War era war, modern warfare or perhaps something else or multiple? 

When a person picked the time, I will specify the map location within Afghanistan

• Moderators

Ooh, ooh! I'd like to do date!

If I had to pick a date I'd go with August 31st, 1986 since we're doing Afghanistan. Similar to how Buried's location in Angola ties to the US intervention in the Angolan War in some ways, this map could tie into the Soviet-Afghan War we see in the BO2 mission Old Wounds. I choose this date because it is a couple of days before that mission and right in the middle of the war. With connection to ancient Aliens in Afghanistan, we could spin the US intervention to be for something more than fighting the Soviets. Maybe the Soviets are even after it too.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, RadZakpak said:

Ooh, ooh! I'd like to do date!

If I had to pick a date I'd go with August 31st, 1986 since we're doing Afghanistan. Similar to how Buried's location in Angola ties to the US intervention in the Angolan War in some ways, this map could tie into the Soviet-Afghan War we see in the BO2 mission Old Wounds. I choose this date because it is a couple of days before that mission and right in the middle of the war. With connection to ancient Aliens in Afghanistan, we could spin the US intervention to be for something more than fighting the Soviets. Maybe the Soviets are even after it too.

I never knew these connections, that could be really interesting!

Archived