Element 115/Divinium General Discussion and Theory Thread

NotAnAn0n
Message added by NaBrZHunter

Element 115 lies at the center of Call of Duty Zombies lore, and is surrounded by countless theories.
Dive into the topic by clicking the Element 115 tag and reading up - then come back and share your thoughts!

Figured I'd weigh in here with something that I don't think has been talked about in the thread as of yet.

Element 115 is "the fabric of reality". It is, in essence, small, physical manifestations of Aetherial Energy. However there is an important distinction to be made here. With the Elemental Shard, you have a piece of Element 115 that, through binding four souls to it using the Seal of Duality, becomes intrinsically linked to the Aether. It is, in essence, a physical manifestation of the entire Aether - and as such, it is able to produce Aetherial Energy to a limitless degree.

Now we know for a fact that standard Element 115 is not like that. In the early days of the storyline, we heard about constant struggles to obtain more of "the element", because every test consumed it. Meaning, a standard piece of 115 has a finite supply of Aetherial Energy within.

If you think of the Aether as a power-station, the Elemental Shard is - in effect - plugged directly into that power station and can draw energy infinitely so long as the power station is fully functioning. 115 on the other hand is therefore essentially, a battery for Aetherial Energy, completely redundant when that energy is used up in whatever test or experiment the mineral is used in.

With that in mind, you suddenly have an explanation for the incredibly varied range of application for 115 - it simply comes down to how much power is contained within the battery. Take the focusing stone for example: When inserted into the Vril Device, the completed machine is able to generate an incredibly supply of energy - likely not unlimited, but innumerably large. Why? Well think about the colossal size of the Focusing Stone in its original state, and now imagine how dense that becomes when you cram it into such a small size. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, caljitsu said:

With that in mind, you suddenly have an explanation for the incredibly varied range of application for 115 - it simply comes down to how much power is contained within the battery. Take the focusing stone for example: When inserted into the Vril Device, the completed machine is able to generate an incredibly supply of energy - likely not unlimited, but innumerably large. Why? Well think about the colossal size of the Focusing Stone in its original state, and now imagine how dense that becomes when you cram it into such a small size. 

That's a good explanation. I'd also like to add to this that we put the Focussing Stone in a Casimir Mechanism, the vaccuum generating nearly an infinite amount of energy. So in this case, it is not the rock itself that has endless energy, but the device they place it in.

I also would like to apply this on @clueless theory how different colours of 115 are different half-lifes of it: A shorter half-life means a faster release of energy, right? Does that mean that colours that stand for a short half-life also have less energy because their 'batteries' are already running out? Or would it work different with aethereal energy/radiation

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Here's to resurrecting this thread (and never getting a notification we went back to this -_-); I will make a comparison using celestial bodies in regards with potential of 115. Star Colors and Temperatures | Star facts, Astronomy facts, Constellations

The hottest stars in the universe burn a beautiful blue.

fTyE2aS.jpegAt a slightly cooler temperature they burn as white light, and then descending into yellow coloration and then orange and finally red at the coolest point it can burn. As most people know, stars are functionally fusion reactors constantly colliding hydrogen atoms into helium. The brighter a star burns, the more hydrogen is being used in its process to sustain its existence. However in the ironic contrary these stars also have a much shorter lifespan than dimmer stars for the exact same reason; they are using more of their hydrogen supply in a faster rate and usually end their "lives" catastrophically, resulting in unstable supernovae that likely will collapse into a black hole. 

In a similar vein, our "batteries" so-to-speak of 115 have a limited time to be used / limited supply of Aethereal Energy before they use up what connection they have of Aethereal Energy. Just like with stars, the more potent it is, the faster it burns out in attempts to keep itself sustained. The color scheme could even be the same; the outlier at this point would be green 115 which would reasonably fit somewhere between blue and yellow due to color spectrum. In that case, we could assume that while green has potential it is far weaker than the rest of the supply given of blue 115 and disregarded. Meanwhile in "older" dimensions, their supply of red/orange 115 was the only one they had and with no comparison used every bit they could get their hands on despite being far less potent than even the green 115 discovered in Dimension 63 which is considerably useless scrap in comparison to the blue form of 115.

24 minutes ago, clueless said:

I will make a comparison using celestial bodies in regards with potential of 115. Star Colors and Temperatures | Star facts, Astronomy facts, Constellations

The hottest stars in the universe burn a beautiful blue. At a slightly cooler temperature they burn as white light, and then descending into yellow coloration and then orange and finally red at the coolest point it can burn.

Cool idea.

25 minutes ago, clueless said:

Meanwhile in "older" dimensions, their supply of red/orange 115 was the only one they had and with no comparison used every bit they could get their hands on despite being far less potent than even the green 115 discovered in Dimension 63 which is considerably useless scrap in comparison to the blue form of 115.

I'm not sure if the green 115 is strictly belongs to Dimension 63, the Origins mound is a very special place and it's possible that 115 from different dimension. Regards to green 115 you have the turned zombies:

ZvXYnc1.png

Also, it's worth considering the purple 115 as seen in the DE camos:
PACK A PUNCH CAMOS IN NEW *DER EISENDRACHEN MAP* - Black Ops 3 Awakening  DLC - YouTube

Similarly here you have the purple Apothicon influence of purple. The margwas also turn their head to purple in the last step where you kill the massive Apothicon in the sky. 

xRVhpoB.png

Shadow man looks like margwa - Shadows of Evil - Call of Duty Zombies - The  Official (Fan) Community for Zombies

You also have the SoE pods, where green is the weakest, orange is stronger and purple is the strongest out of the three. 

jqpRf1s.png

@cluelessDo you have any connection between the purple and stars? 

2 minutes ago, clueless said:

Aside from the far reach of the Apothicon Sun it was more of a bridge between the two in similarities of energy conversion and decay more than a direct comparison 

I'm going to throw here a more adjusted idea here, and let me know what you think of it:  Different 115 comes from stars in different universes.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, RichKiller said:

I'm going to throw here a more adjusted idea here, and let me know what you think of it:  Different 115 comes from stars in different universes.

That's an interesting take on it, but as it happens violet and green stars aren't possible due to scientific mechanics beyond my brainpower. The concept can still fit, but the better theory would be that all 115 comes from the one Apothicon Star in the Dark Aether in it's most potent form and decays over spacetime

• Moderators

I really like this idea @clueless! It would make sense regarding a lot of points. Now, I'm not fully sure if the exact sequence of colours from most powerfull to least powerfull follows the sequence of the sun (e.g. we never saw white 115 and we did saw green and purple 115), but I think we can be sure blue 115 has the most energy considering, indeed, the Apothicon Sun is blue.

So it'll be blue-->purple-->green-->red ? Do you think the eye colours of the zombies have something to do with the amount of power as well? Also reminds me of this:

Spoiler

Soviet scientists from the Bioinformation Institute, headed by A. S. Popow, actually measured the human energy field, or more specifically, the biocurrents manifested in the surrounding energy body. They discovered that living organisms emanate vibrations at a frequency between 300 and 2,000 nanometers. They called this field the “biofield” and discovered that people with a strong and widespread biofield can transfer energy more successfully. This research was later confirmed by the Medical Science Academy in Moscow. (...) 

One of the more compelling sets of studies in this area was conducted by Dr. Valerie Hunt. In A Study of Structural Neuromuscular, Energy Field, and Emotional Approaches, she recorded the frequency of low-millivoltage signals emanating from the body during Rolfing sessions. She made these recordings using electrodes of silver and silver chloride on the skin. Scientists then analyzed the wave patterns recorded with a Fourier analysis and a sonogram frequency analysis. The human energy field did, indeed, consist of a number of different color bands, which correlated to the chakras. The following results, taken from the February 1988 study, showed color-frequency correlations in hertz or cycles per second:

• + Blue 250–275 Hz plus 1,200 Hz
  • + Green 250–475 Hz
  • + Yellow 500–700 Hz
  • + Orange 950–1050 Hz
  • + Red 1,000–1,200 Hz
  • + Violet 1,000–2,000, plus 300–400; 600–800 Hz
  • + White 1,100–2,000 Hz

I'd say, regarding eye colours, white is the most powerfull as both the Skull of Nan Sapwe and the APD of that selfish prick Pernell can 'overlap' the universal eye colour (be it yellow or orange) at that moment. 

• Moderators

I owe you a more elaborate explanation. I feel like we were introduced to Asian spiritualism in Die Rise: the first mention of energy fields, the resurrection step, the step in which we had to mend something electric (Galvaknuckles) with our character's living flesh, the whole "begin anew" thing, ....

The idea of chakra's, energy fields in the human body, originate from Asia. It is by some referred to be electromagnetic in origin, like the Aether. So perhaps is the energy we see in the eyes of the zombies this chakra, connected with the power of the Aether's occupant. 

Additional proof for the occupant's power, and possibly even emotion, being linked with the light in the zombies' eyes is the fact that when Richtofen enters the MPD, we don't merely see the eyes becoming blue; they also become very bright, almost like flashlights. The same is seen when the eyes become orange in Buried, just after Maxis gain control. In both situations someone new became the Demonic Announcer and the eyes turn very bright. Maybe the new person has so much fresh energy, so much adrenaline or so enthousiast, that it can be seen in the eyes of their servants. 

71aUlvZdV-uL6v7gCuaOZf6JDMXq4zjSeiXJ4GBOIRU.jpgi348oclqfj7z.jpg

Back to the main topic, the hypothesis is that the energy of the Demonic Announcer is resonated by the chakra of the living corpses. Their energy is controlled by the supreme ethereal entity. Now truth to be told, I am not a fan of saying that Ethereal Energy is the same as Life Force. But I remember having a discussion with I believe@RichKiller and @caljitsu stating otherwise, and their arguments were rather convincing (Maxis quotes at collecting Life Force in Buried, Chinese 'Chi' meaning both Life Force and Universal Energy Flow, ...), proving that the two energy types are at least similar to one another. Now, remember our ideas about how 115 could be crystalized and concentrated ethereal energy? That would mean also Element 115 is connected to Life Force. 

If we pursue the idea of the previously mentioned idea of the different chakra's standing for different ethereal powers reflecting in the eyes of the undead, then how does that relate to your fascinating idea about the colour of 115 relating to the amount of energy it can hold and the relation to how the energy of stars work? So, lets hypothize that Life Force and eye colours are connected to Ethereal Energy and thereby 115: different colours mean different powers. Your theory would perfectly fit with this: different colours meaning less or more decay and energy storage. A high or low energetic level, so to say. Now the eye colours also reflect the energetic level of the controller's power spectrum.

I'm a bit tired and I know I talk unclear. Perhaps I can talk clearer tomorrow

9 hours ago, anonymous said:

Now truth to be told, I am not a fan of saying that Ethereal Energy is the same as Life Force.

I would consider here these two quotes coming from Richtofen regards soul boxes in Origins (recommend checking the rest):

"It is the transformative power of 115! It draws energy from matter, living OR dead!"

"Their energy is being refocused. Like the other ancient objects, it will soon transform and change the world around us."

9 hours ago, anonymous said:

Maxis quotes at collecting Life Force in Buried, Chinese 'Chi' 

Chinese Ch'i is very on point here. Not going to do a big analysis but as you said that stuff was introduced in Die Rise and it seems like with Origins and forwards they gave further basing to these concepts. I think the bigger interest here eventually lies in the big scale flow:

Kronorium Excerpt 27101978
The life force from the dead world allows the bearer to flow with all creation.

• 2 months later...

I apologize for not reviving this thread sooner. I have an obligation to contribute and I didn’t. Mea culpa. I’ll probably try and add on to what was posted in November to the best of my ability. Additionally, I want to eventually compare and contrast element 115 with what we know about EEO1. Cal mentioned that it had different effects and a different process in cell resuscitation. 

All of that being said, I mentioned that I was thinking of possible applications of 115 for ordnance yesterday and the day before. We know that 115 can be discharged as electricity, rays, and microwave radiation to name several. Since 115 is crystallized Aetherial energy it could theoretically discharge as almost anything given the right conditions. The thing is, we mostly see 115’s application in weaponry through items that can be held by hand—robots and supersoldier serum notwithstanding. Clueless has suggested that the V2 rockets on Moon had 115 in their warheads and propulsion. I concur. Whatever was in those rockets created explosions powerful enough to be visible from the moon and crack the Earth—and in such short time! I’m talking on a purely material basis because personally I’m not sure if the time-space distortions that resulted from the 115 in the rockets or not. I believe the target sites were intended to be the three largest deposits of 115 on Earth in 2025. Perhaps it was these same deposits that contributed more to the destruction than the warheads.

Rambling aside, let me get to the point. What could the destructive potential of artillery shells or airdropped bombs be if the amount of 115 employed in the Ray Gun and DG-2 were in those munitions? Moreover, are time-space distortions created whenever 115 is used? What could those distortions appear as? Hopefully these questions can start a discussion.

10 hours ago, NotAnAn0n said:

Moreover, are time-space distortions created whenever 115 is used? 

Note that 115 is itself the "fabric of space and time", so it's more than just your casual element from the periodic table. Changes to 115 can definitely cause distortions, displacements, and even collapse the universe itself: 

Richtofen must understand that using these teleporters to jump between dimensions is both dangerous and imprecise. At any point, the fabric of space-time could collapse if the proper amounts of 115 are not maintained. l am also concerned about the unknown effects of trans-dimensional jumps. l have noticed even with my brief travels that new memories and emotions have flooded my mind, suddenly appearing from nowhere. l am also sure something is happening on a molecular level as well.

2 hours ago, RichKiller said:

Note that 115 is itself the "fabric of space and time", so it's more than just your casual element from the periodic table. Changes to 115 can definitely cause distortions, displacements, and even collapse the universe itself: 

Ah. I didn't know that it was the fabric of space-time itself. I may have conceived aetherial energy as being above and beyond the physical plane. Kind of like an Atlas that holds the multiverse together on its back. What I'm gathering here is that it's more like a tree whose roots form the basis of reality, with 115 being crystallized samples of those roots. It would fit in with the Yggdrasil imagery prominent in BO3 onward. Am I making sense? Or am I firing at the hip?

Archived