Element 115/Divinium General Discussion and Theory Thread

NotAnAn0n
Message added by NaBrZHunter

Element 115 lies at the center of Call of Duty Zombies lore, and is surrounded by countless theories.
Dive into the topic by clicking the Element 115 tag and reading up - then come back and share your thoughts!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NotAnAn0n said:

Regarding the delivery methods, there are two that are known: liquid injection and gas inhalation. This excludes passive exposure to 115, and focuses more on intentional transference. Liquid seems to be the most common, injected into the body via a syringe. I believe that this is how the Ultimis crew were experimented on. Richtofen mentions how Nikolai was only receptive to a solution which included vodka. Such language implies that the basic delivery of 115 into living human subjects was liquid-based. While it is possible for it to be delivered via consumption, I find injection to be the more likely method.

Regarding the liquid delivery of 115, we also have the serums Broken Arrow was working on which seem to be very picky about being precise with the dosages. Too much or too little is a problem. (I'm aware in this specific scenario the dosages are for interrogation purposes but the dosage involves 115 so there has to be a relation there.) 935 was ahead of the game but the side effects (memory loss, wink wink) were not ideal for interrogation purposes so Broken Arrow had to try harder to find that sweet spot where they can be interrogated and keep their memory, as opposed to 935 which said "fuck it" and pumped people full of 115 in hopes of making super soldiers and dealing with side effects later. This could explain why certain people aren't turning into zombies after exposure; the dosage amount is different for everyone and our characters happen to have a strong resilience to 115. While they don't turn into zombies, they've still been exposed to a LOT of 115 which leads to the memory loss and delusions that make up side effects of it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

It's also interesting to look at Victis, of which two seem to be infected by 115 in a way but having different symptoms: Stuhlinger can hear the Aethereal occupant whilst Russman suffers memory loss. It seems like different types of delivery methods (consumption, injection, irradiation) have different symptoms. It is classic toxicology: The way a toxicant enters your body affects the effect of it. What is interesting, though, is that I always believed that the brain was the key to all connection between a subject and the Controller. Thinking about it, however, we see headless zombies still being able to walk for a short bit. So is the connection in the blood? Or in the spleen perhaps? Or in all matter of a body (every atom)? I've always considered ethereal energy to be in every atom, in all matter, whilst Life Force is generated by the electric potential of the nervous system. Does the Controller pull the strings via ethereal energy of via Life Force?

Pablo mentions Group 935 pumping liquid 115 in his veins, making it seem like injection was the most common method of delivery in Richtofen's test subjects. I'd also like to share this thread about a real life conspiracy document, which talks about the aim of Die Glocke being to irradiate testsubjects with Vril energy, to enhance physical and cerebral structure and create 'superhumans'. The aim of Richtofen's Supersoldaten Program at the end of the war sounds very alike to this, so could this be the reason why Ultimis have been tested upon with 115 so much (as I believe 115 and Vril are the same energy, just different substances/concentrations). 

• Moderators

I'm actually on board with the spleen theory. There's a lot of emphasis on it and I can't remember who exactly said it but it's the organ that maintains and controls blood in the body. I think it's fair to assume when you inject 115 into the bloodstream the spleen makes sure it's maintained in equivalence across the whole body, meaning the puppetmaster of the horde can control every aspect of a living thing with enough concentration and corruption of 115 (which leads back into the "correct dosage", get it wrong and they become another puppet but get it right and they only suffer the side effects) in their system. 

Samuel, who ate zombie flesh, has corrupted 115 in his system but not a high enough concentration to be thoroughly controlled, only spoken to. Russman who worked with the Elemental Shard of all things ("the glassy looking rock that gives you a headache") is definitely in some ways giving off 115 through irradiation which could be "the correct dose" but high enough concentration to make him suffer severe memory loss, forgetting things far more frequently than anyone else even the interdimensional travellers and even forgetting his own name, only remembering parts of his past when he revisits it and relives the traumatic experiences of the Bios escaping containment.

• Moderators

Time for some überfun!

@clueless, @Tac and @NotAnAn0n were discussing the correlation between Vril and 115 on the Discord yesterday, coming to the conclusion that there might be a possibility that they are the same but in different concentrations. I somewhat agree upon that, but I think there is more to be added. Some facts:

• "115 is the fabric, the thread holding it all together, the webbing of the universe" - Shadows of Evil
  • "The Lantern is a vessel for energy, the energy contained within all matter" - Buried
  • "Vital energy flows for all things, living or dead" - Die Rise

For some reason, I cannot find a quote directly mentioning Ethereal Energy, but I always assumed the latter two talked about this. Note that it is very different than Life Force, so just don't think about that now, okay? Ethereal Energy, the energy flowing through all matter. It is everywhere, it basically builts our universe and one could say it is the webbing of our 3 dimensional reality. Just like they say about 115, interesting right? Therefore I think 115 is Ethereal Energy. If 115 truly is the webbing of the universe, it logically cannot be so in a solid, crystalline state of matter. It is likely some kind of unobservable form of energy, all around us, which is Ethereal Energy. The 115 we see, those meteors, is very concentrated ethereal energy now forming a 3D crystalline structure. The idea that 115 is the webbing of the universe might contradict Monty's words about 115 not belonging to our dimension, but look at it this way: 115 is omnipresent, all around us, but not in a solid, concentrated state. It flows through matter but it should never have been turned into those observable 115 meteorite rocks. I think that is what he meant. In simple words: Ethereal Energy = 115.

Now as for Vril, please read the following excerpt from the book 'Vril, the Coming Race':

These subterranean philosophers assert that by one operation of vril, which Faraday would perhaps call "atmospheric magnetism," they can influence the variations of temperature--in plain words, the weather; that by operations, akin to those ascribed to mesmerism, electro-biology, odic force, etc., but applied scientifically, through vril conductors, can exercise influence over minds, and bodies animal and vegetable, to an extent not surpassed in the romances of our mystics. To all such agencies they give the common name of vril.

The scientist Faraday believed that all things in the universe: electricity, gravity, time, space, etc, had one common energy form (basically the whole idea of the United Fields Theory). This would inspire other people to invent the idea of 'Vril', the energy force that is behind everything, including weather control and electro-biology. We can even see a parallel with the HAARP regarding this (does the HAARP manipulate the Vril energy? I'm getting off subject). Anyhow, Vril being a universal energy flowing through everything might sound familiar: the Ethereal Energy!

In other words, Vril is Ethereal Energy. However, us humans cannot simply manipulate it. The Vril-Ya used Golden Rods to direct and focus the energy, and in high concentrations. So yeah, my idea is that Ethereal Energy = 115 = Vril. All being the sole universal etheric energy flowing through everything. However, ethereal energy seems to be able to crystallize into solid matter, a meteorite, which Group 935 gave the name 'Element 115'. Also, ethereal energy seems only to be referred to as 'Vril' if it is in a very high concentration. Thus, when Ultimis shrinked the 115 meteorite into the Focussing Stone, the 115 (solid ethereal energy) was concentrated into a power source that we might call Vril. Whilst, actually, (diluted) Vril is everywhere and omnipresent. We merely call it like that if it is strong enough, it seems. Hope y'all understand me regarding this and please be critical

• Moderators

That actually makes a lot of sense, brains to you! Funny enough a lot of what happened yesterday was because I was trying to help with the topic of the Moon Missiles, and that horribly spiraled out of control. You knew the ins and outs of Vril more than anyone else so I tried saving that for you lol, I tried going to another few topics and found some varying answers. At the height of it was "what is the purpose of Vril?" @Lioss10 made the suggestion that Vril is nothing more than a concentrated power source, making the Vril Generator nothing more than a battery / power source. Then @RadZakpak @Tac, and by association @PINNAZ hopped in as well and we figured out that the Vril Device is capable of switching/moving souls and life force without the Focusing Stone. This implies the Vril energy from the Focusing Stone isn't the cause of Samantha and Richtofen to switch souls, but an amplifier to allow the Vril Device access to the Aether, a plane normally inaccessible to our physical world. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, clueless said:

brains to you

Brains! Brains! I crave for brains! 

3 hours ago, clueless said:

At the height of it was "what is the purpose of Vril?" @Lioss10 made the suggestion that Vril is nothing more than a concentrated power source, making the Vril Generator nothing more than a battery / power source. Then @RadZakpak @Tac, and by association @PINNAZ hopped in as well and we figured out that the Vril Device is capable of switching/moving souls and life force without the Focusing Stone. This implies the Vril energy from the Focusing Stone isn't the cause of Samantha and Richtofen to switch souls, but an amplifier to allow the Vril Device access to the Aether, a plane normally inaccessible to our physical world

It's interesting, because Richtofen uses the Casimir Mechanism to charge the Vril Rod with energy from the Focussing Stone. As we can hear in Ascension, the Casimir Mechanism both requires and gives an insane amount of energy. ("There is so much power already, and you need more?!" - Richtofen). Subsequently, this energy was used to pull Gersch out of the Aether into the physical world, though sadly, his physical body was lost already leaving only his soul (or, as the Timeline says, his ethereal form). But the thing I found interesting here is that the energy of the Casimir Mechanism was used to pull someone out of the Aether.

So yeah, if the Focussing Stone (+ charged with the Casimir Mechanism) was used as an amplifier for bringing yo soul from the physical world to the Aether, or reversed as we see in the case of Gersch, that could make sense. The Vril Rod is for swapping the soul, the charged Focussing Stone for making this swap able to bridge the Aether. What a clever doctor Richtofen must be if he understood this upon liberating Gersch.

EDIT: We also need to talk about the quote in Buried that mentions that ethereal energy is strongest so close to the Rift. If ethereal energy is interwoven with the entire universe, why is it higher concentrated in close proximity to the Rift?

• Moderators

Maybe because the Rift is the closest to the Aether / Agartha, so the concentration of Aetherial Energy is higher in the area as well. When the Earth began to crack on Moon, the Angola impact site was the only one to have a reaction other than an immediate crater impact (the crater began to spread and crack further down and left before the entire planet's atmosphere ignited creating a larger explosion)

• Moderators
16 hours ago, clueless said:

Maybe because the Rift is the closest to the Aether / Agartha, so the concentration of Aetherial Energy is higher in the area as well. When the Earth began to crack on Moon, the Angola impact site was the only one to have a reaction other than an immediate crater impact (the crater began to spread and crack further down and left before the entire planet's atmosphere ignited creating a larger explosion)

Maybe it has to do with simple tectonics: the impacts at Groom Lake and Tunguska (the latter being theorizable) didn't hit a weak spot on one of the Earth's tectonic plates, the Angola impact did. Thereby, a direct hole to the center of Earth and the accompanying 115 in the core was created: the Rift.

Keeping in mind 115 is highly radioactive, the radiation (energy) is highest so close to the source. Imagine the Rift or Earth's core as the Chernobyl nuclear plant, and Angola as the contaminated area around. Richtofen and Maxis both seem to exploit this energy for fuelling the Tower at the site. The Tower in Die Rise had the benefit to be extremely high (like the BREN tower in Jackass Flats), the Tower in Tranzit was laid on an area radioactively polluted, and the Buried Tower had as benefit it's proximity to Earth's core and the Aether.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Something I noticed watching the Buried EE again, they both seem to reference some kind of explosive being used to power the tower, is there any further reference to this in-game that I missed? My first assumption is we use it to blow another hole into the Rift, allowing the Tower direct access to it which then triangulates it to the other remaining towers to create the Buried Endgame, but I have no reference to it anywhere aside from a few quotes.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, clueless said:

Something I noticed watching the Buried EE again, they both seem to reference some kind of explosive being used to power the tower, is there any further reference to this in-game that I missed? My first assumption is we use it to blow another hole into the Rift, allowing the Tower direct access to it which then triangulates it to the other remaining towers to create the Buried Endgame, but I have no reference to it anywhere aside from a few quotes.

From what I understand, the energy from the Rift is used to 

"Energy is strongest this close to the Rift. You must harness this energy in order to power the tower seen from this vantage point" - Maxis, Buried

To do so, you first must built an energy conduit (the Guillotine or Gallow). 

"It is essential that you find the parts needed capable of delivering the power needed to the tower above ground" - Maxis

Now the odd thing is that while it is said the local energy powers the Tower (via the energy conduits), we actually seem to use the Wisp's energy for this. How would this work? If it is true there is spoken of explosives, I could see cracking open the Rift would prove essential to power up the Tower.

Also on the topic of 115: antigravity! Gravity, as we know, influences time. Now we have a weird Keeper-built structure underneath Der Eisendrache, which is seen to manipulate gravity by this weird blue energy. Same goes for the blue floating debris we encounter in DE for the first time. Assuming this is 115, how did it got in this state? And how can de pyramid influence it?

12 hours ago, anonymous said:

Also on the topic of 115: antigravity! Gravity, as we know, influences time. Now we have a weird Keeper-built structure underneath Der Eisendrache, which is seen to manipulate gravity by this weird blue energy. Same goes for the blue floating debris we encounter in DE for the first time. Assuming this is 115, how did it got in this state? And how can de pyramid influence it?

Really good point.
If the blue "115" is effecting gravity, then by extension it must also be effecting time.
Because time is effected by gravity.
So time will run more quickly when the antigravity is active. Relative to the rest of the map. 
image.png

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rapt said:

Really good point.
If the blue "115" is effecting gravity, then by extension it must also be effecting time.
Because time is effected by gravity.
So time will run more quickly when the antigravity is active. Relative to the rest of the map. 
image.png

Right, except the other way around. So within the lower-gravity area around the pyramid, time moves slower. 

"To allow quick travel between dimensions the Keepers created the transference device which is powered by the Aether. The Keepers have placed structures throughout the realms."

I dunno why, but I've always considered this was about the Der Eisendrache pyramid. 

De bronafbeelding bekijken

So could the pyramid function as some kind of Keeper-style MTD? The thing is, the Group 935 teleporters are tied with Die Glocke, which is said to be an antigravity mechanism. To quote from the Black Ops Project Nova intel:

(LOW PRIORITY) Analysis of the rumored Die Glocke device (heretofore known as "The Bell") purported to be anything from an anti-gravity propulsion system to a time machine. Nothing yet can be confirmed; however a statement from Agency case office Chase Rettland details his interrogation of a low-level research assistant who claims he saw a "mirror device that allowed the viewing of images from the past". The subject of the interrogation died of unknown causes shortly after providing his statement.

I've always assumed this was the Flytrap we encounter in Der Riese, clearly connected with the trinity of MTDs (the Flytrap EE can only be done after activating all teleporters). This flytrap is seen to plasmalize objects and make them float away, which might be due to antigravitational abomalities.

In short, is the Eisendrache pyramid the Keepers' take on Die Glocke?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, anonymous said:

Right, except the other way around. So within the lower-gravity area around the pyramid, time moves slower. 

I dunno why, but I've always considered this was about the Der Eisendrache pyramid. 

So could the pyramid function as some kind of Keeper-style MTD? The thing is, the Group 935 teleporters are tied with Die Glocke, which is said to be an antigravity mechanism. To quote from the Black Ops Project Nova intel:

I've always assumed this was the Flytrap we encounter in Der Riese, clearly connected with the trinity of MTDs (the Flytrap EE can only be done after activating all teleporters). This flytrap is seen to plasmalize objects and make them float away, which might be due to antigravitational abomalities.

In short, is the Eisendrache pyramid the Keepers' take on Die Glocke?

We also seem to forget that not only does the Keeper utilize the pyramid to enter the MPD on the Moon (return to Aether) but we also use it to get the plunger so this all lines up!

The 115 conversion generators in Origins have been bothering me. Assuming my analysis of their function as a sort of oil drill is true, then they cannot be taken to be generators. If that is the case, what process can be used to transform 115 into a source of power. Personally, I'm thinking batteries that have liquid 115 undergo a chemical reaction with something else. What do you all think?

• Moderators
9 hours ago, NotAnAn0n said:

The 115 conversion generators in Origins have been bothering me. Assuming my analysis of their function as a sort of oil drill is true, then they cannot be taken to be generators. If that is the case, what process can be used to transform 115 into a source of power. Personally, I'm thinking batteries that have liquid 115 undergo a chemical reaction with something else. What do you all think?

The thing you're right; they aren't technically generators because the element is already there. What these machines seem to do is pull Aethereal Energy from thin air, and convert it into a quantifiable state we can physically use (Element 115/Divinium) which is what you see above when a Generator is fully powered (the electrical ring with arcs pulling into the central induction coil). Assuming you're also correct with the fact it functions as a form of oil drill, is it possible the liquid state is quite literally oil struck from underground infused with Aethereal Energy converted from plasma in the air?

• Moderators

Yeah I think it is either the process of converting aereal 115 into liquid results in energy gain, or it is the liquid 115 itself that is used as fuel. Question tho, would these conversion generations only work at a site with a large 115 deposit, or could they convert ethereal energy into liquid 115 anywhere? It reminds me of a quote of Maxis in Buried, saying how energy is strongest close to the Rift. Perhaps certain places have more ethereal energy interwoven with reality than others?

• Moderators
On 8/12/2020 at 8:50 PM, NaBrZHunter said:

Not to be too brief, but long ago and far away, in a discussion with @Monopoly Mac @Tac and @MrRoflWaffles we proposed the possibility that the different colors are a consequence of the half-life of the radioactive isotopes, that we may be able to essentially study each case and each color in order to draw conclusions about the range of effects that the element has on organic matter depending on its state. 

I know this is random but would you happen to have a link to this? I want to read more on this for a side project and potential theory-building

• Administrators
Just now, clueless said:

I know this is random but would you happen to have a link to this? I want to read more on this for a side project and potential theory-building

It’s a fair question, I’m curious what all we said at the time as well. I believe it’s an audio file (if it was a call I recorded.) I’ll have to look through my archives and get back with you. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NotAnAn0n said:

Would you be willing to link what you found? @clueless

A few of the posts were repetitive and being from 2013 have broken links to images but you can get a good amount of discussion and open-minded theories from some of the pieces in here:

Also footnote damn these really show their age

• Moderators

I was just working on a custom Wonder Weapon when I remembered this:

81169F3159F445215E53992C10FB9EF6010AF140

Zetsubou No Shima - How to get Rainbow Water Bucket (Black Ops 3 DLC 2  Zombies) - YouTube

Water with 115 is not for drinking

Water with 115 is not for drinking

Water with 115 is not for drinking

Colors line up, although orange is missing.

Each color associates with different plants, doing crazy things from making pheromone plants with purple water (maybe something to do with frequencies which would line up with my theory about purple 115), an "arm" plant from green water, a loot plant from blue water, and a random Perk plant from using all three. Plus the oil which is used to make the special plant used in the KT-4/Masamune upgrade process

Edit: I forgot the most important one that probably also serves a lore purpose: The Imprint Pod made using the upgraded KT-4/Masamune on watered plants

Steam Community :: Guide :: Zetsubou No Shima full guide

If you die a clone of you emerges from the pod imprinted with everything you had the moment you imprinted

On 9/23/2020 at 4:51 PM, anonymous said:

"To allow quick travel between dimensions the Keepers created the transference device which is powered by the Aether. The Keepers have placed structures throughout the realms."

So could the pyramid function as some kind of Keeper-style MTD? The thing is, the Group 935 teleporters are tied with Die Glocke, which is said to be an antigravity mechanism.

"Travel between dimensions" being the key point here!

It's interesting that we place the Summoning Key with Richtofen's soul contained (read my edit below to understand this...) into the Pyramid to "charge" it. (never really made sense to me) (Shadowman is not necessariliy in the key according to the menu gateworms)
Very possible that it's the Summoning Key + Pyramid combo that allows the transfer of souls between dimensions?
Because as far as we have seen, the Summoning Key can only send souls to Agartha when there is a rift open in the sky (Gorod).

I wouldn't be surprised if Richtofen pulled a sneaky, faked picking up his soul in TG (as a double bluff, he already picked up his soul before BO3), Monty saw that he hadn't picked it up, allowed them to go to DE without hopping fracture because he would assume that only the Shadowman is in the key (Monty is trying to save the Shadowman and gets corrupted doing so, I haven't got the quote on me but you know what I mean).
Monty would assume that it's the Shadowman in the Key, heading for the pyramid to escape from that dimension.
But it's 2210 Richtofen in there instead. Richtofen's soul escapes the cycle via the pyramid, Monty tries to close the trap in Alcatraz, but 2210 finds Pablo first and etc etc BO4 happens.
Idk just a theory. A fun one!

(edit: I know 2210 gets sent to the house and has a body made via timeline. 
However ingame maps can happen in any order according to the menu gateworms.
Specifically DE can happen first canonically if you Fresh Restart and then only complete DE.
In the case where DE happens first we do not know if 2210 has been sent to the house yet.
This is because the timeline only shows one order of events for the maps, not all the possibilities.
(you will notice in BO4 BOTD intro he flips through a few pages of the Kronorium, I believe this is to check the different order possibilities but I digress)
DE happening first would be the case required for the theory to make sense.
As in that case we do not have timeline evidence that Richtofen sends 2210 to the house before DE.)

I still think there's something about time dilation we haven't understood yet though.

• Moderators

Maybe we needed to use the MPD (a direct gateway to Aether) to give the Summoning Key access to it as well? We see it used to hop dimensions but maybe it wasn't able to let "outsiders" reach the Aether. (Which is why the Keepers had to figure out how to interdimensionally travel with teleporters and eventually just got so good at it that they could do it without teleporters at all)

On 8/13/2020 at 6:14 PM, clueless said:

In BO3 Shangri-La, the Focusing Stone is blue even after shrinking.

Focusing Stone | Call of Duty Wiki | Fandom

But in Moon, the Focusing Stone embedded in the Vril Rod is orange once more.

image.png

This definitely ties into the half-life theory, possibly such a large amount of raw 115 burns to a stable form rather quickly (the decay is exponential I believe, so that would make sense) while the smaller traces of it take longer to burn down to the red/orange state before turning to the unusable green.

Shedding a bit of light on this - the focusing stone within the Vril Device is the exact same one used in BO1 iirc, and so this was likely an oversight. 

Archived