Element 115/Divinium General Discussion and Theory Thread

NotAnAn0n
Message added by NaBrZHunter

Element 115 lies at the center of Call of Duty Zombies lore, and is surrounded by countless theories.
Dive into the topic by clicking the Element 115 tag and reading up - then come back and share your thoughts!

Following a conversation in the Discord, I have elected to start this thread as the most up-to-date home for all things related to element 115. This thread will also welcome any plausible theories related to the element. Although I do not have much to offer in the way of lore at this moment, I will offer just a basic summary of element 115.

Element 115, known as Divinium, is the 115th element on the periodic table in the world of Call of Duty: Zombies. From what is known so far,  it is extradimensional in origin and possesses supernatural qualities. Divinium was first scattered across dimensions as asteroids by the malevolent Apothicons. The element can be applied to create advanced technology such as matter transference and augmentation of the human physique. One of Divinium's most noteworthy (and seemingly passive) abilities is the reanimation of dead cells. This results in a zombie, with its physical form seemingly augmented by the element, though the extent of this augmentation varies. Those who have been able to harness its power have been able to create things only whispered of in the deepest recesses of humanity's collective imagination. Yet, more often than not, these individuals have gone mad. Element 115 seems to deteriorate the psychological state of those in close proximity to it. Needless to say, this makes use of the element inherently dangerous, moreso than any other in existence. Aesthetically, Divinium is known to manifest in the colors of blue, green, and (per our dear mod anonymous) purple. Divinium previously appeared in a molten, orangeish-red form, but this was retconned as of Black Ops 3: Zombies Chronicles.

Element 115 | Call of Duty Wiki | Fandom

I really hope this thread can be a good hub of information and theorizing. It's gonna be fun nerding out like this hahahahaha.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Not to be too brief, but long ago and far away, in a discussion with @Monopoly Mac @Tac and @MrRoflWaffles we proposed the possibility that the different colors are a consequence of the half-life of the radioactive isotopes, that we may be able to essentially study each case and each color in order to draw conclusions about the range of effects that the element has on organic matter depending on its state. I’d like to see this broken down into greater theoretical detail at some point. 

• Moderators

Correct me if I missed any, but as far as we know there are 4 distinct colorations to Element 115:

5MUQqZd_d.webp?maxwidth=728&fidelity=gra

Red/Orange-ish color of the crystal embedded in a black rock with purplish streaks - Our OG rock, tame in comparison to our current blue variant (I'll get to that shortly), I believe this version is less potent than its blue variant in exchange for (relative) temporal stability. The only times we have used this version of 115 for time travel is with accidental overloads of 115 involving teleporters AND wonder weapons. Other than that, it's been a standard source of power for most applicable uses and has the ability to reanimate dead cells.

Element 115 | Call of Duty Wiki | Fandom

Blue colored crystal with a gray stone with intricate symbols engraved into it (potentially the symbol for Aether, which only flows in circles / takes inspiration from the cup and ring markings found in stones if I'm thinking of the right ones) - Possibly a more pure form of 115, more powerful which is more prone to causing temporal disruption in exchange for such raw power? We didn't have much temporal problems dealing with the "standard" red/orange 115, only teleporting which was due to an overload between the teleporter and usage of wonder weapons. Using blue 115, we've have interdimensional explorations and opening of gateways. I think there's a correlation but I'm not smart enough to dig deeper on this.

image.png

Green colored crystal embedded in a gray stone with intricate symbols engraved into it - I had the same idea as @NaBrZHunter where the green coloration was caused by the element's half-life, making this variant unusable for normal 115 functions (which is why so little is found in Origins and yet why it's never seen again, a huge deposit of 115 is bound to have some metaphorical bad eggs but even in the Zombies Multiverse it's rare to find radioactively dead specimens of the element)

NAV Table 2.png

Purple colored crystal embedded in a black rock with purplish streaks - Used exclusively for the NAV Table radios. Personally I think they give off a unique frequency, which is why they sit on top of a comms radio. Using that frequency they can link the other 2 towers giving off the unique frequency, triangulating the three towers (or more, as some including myself theorize there were more than 3 Global Polarization Towers built). 

Now for the big continuity break: BO3 Moon.

In BO3 Shangri-La, the Focusing Stone is blue even after shrinking.

Focusing Stone | Call of Duty Wiki | Fandom

But in Moon, the Focusing Stone embedded in the Vril Rod is orange once more.

image.png

This definitely ties into the half-life theory, possibly such a large amount of raw 115 burns to a stable form rather quickly (the decay is exponential I believe, so that would make sense) while the smaller traces of it take longer to burn down to the red/orange state before turning to the unusable green.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, clueless said:

Now for the big continuity break: BO3 Moon. In BO3 Shangri-La, the Focusing Stone is blue even after shrinking. But in Moon, the Focusing Stone embedded in the Vril Rod is orange once more. This definitely ties into the half-life theory, possibly such a large amount of raw 115 burns to a stable form rather quickly (the decay is exponential I believe, so that would make sense) while the smaller traces of it take longer to burn down to the red/orange state before turning to the unusable green.

My man, that's a genuine clever finding! In e.g. Shi no Numa or Origins we encounter blue rocks and meteors, and we are certain that those have been laying there for some time. Still, the half-life idea could be an explanation for the Focussing Stone's colour change. (1) We know Brock and Gary got stuck in Shangri-La in 1956, but there are so many other times in Shang. We have the Eclipse time and the Ultimis daylight time, either one or perhaps both of them diverges from '56. It could even take place thousants of years back, and well, jumping from the far history to 2025 (Moon) is a lot of time. Humans might not age when using a teleporter, but 115 might. (2) Another reason for the Focussing Stone's colour change could be due to it being highly concentrated. Perhaps the element decays faster when it's more concentrated or something?

I also think that the blue coloured rocks with circling symbols in them might be done by humans. In the neolithic era, humans throughout Europe produced megalithic monuments from stones. They decorated stones by carving spirals and circles in them, like we see here:

640px-Newgrange,_Ireland.jpg

That might look familiar, no? I think the 115 rocks in Origins were considered 'holy', 'magic' or 'divine' by the locals, therefore carving these circles in them. But originally, I assume these rocks were like any other meteorite.

Another notable thing about Element 115 that should be said is what is written on the Shadows of Evil scrap paper.

"115 is the fabric, the thread holding it all together. The webbing of the universe"

While initially I imagined this as some kind of 4-dimensional building blocks, I think the answer is simpler (I know I've recently commented this as a reply to you, Clueless, but allow me to post it in this thread as well 🙂 ). In Black Ops II, we were introduced to Ethereal Energy, said to be contained in all matter, interwoven with our physical multiverse. In Blood of the Dead, Leylines are even mentioned which are basically veins of energy going through our planet and universe. Could this be the "real state of 115", in the form of energy interwoven with matter and therefore the webbing of the universe? It belongs to our universe, but not to our dimension of perception, namely as a crystalline state of matter found in meteorites.

I'd also like to share the original conspiracy of Element 115 here: 

The element gained it's mysteriousness after it was mentioned by Bob Lazar, the man who started the whole Area 51/UFO conspiracy. Seemingly, 115 can be applied in many cases: rezurrection, time travel, weaponry and a variety of mutations on living animals, plants and fungi. This takes us from the molecular level to the atomic level, which I am not really familiar with. But interesting to note is, that if it is true that different colours of 115 refer to different isotopes, these different isotopes result in different mutations (see the plants in Zetsubou no Shima). So, it seems, different isotopes affect the plants' DNA differently, but all effective. Perhaps this too is explanation by the idea that 115 normally is in a state of omnipresent ethereal energy, interwoven with every plant, rock or animal.

I’m glad the isotope hypothesis is shared amongst us all. Though you all clearly have a more comprehensive grasp on it hahaha. 

Regarding Divinium experimentation, is there any evidence for countries outside of those known to possess 115 research programs that may have one? I have a strong suspicion that the PRC has some shady R&D going on. 

• Moderators

I've never heard of real-life conspiracies tied to 115, I'll make sure to read up on that later tonight!

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

While initially I imagined this as some kind of 4-dimensional building blocks, I think the answer is simpler (I know I've recently commented this as a reply to you, Clueless, but allow me to post it in this thread as well 🙂 ). In Black Ops II, we were introduced to Ethereal Energy, said to be contained in all matter, interwoven with our physical multiverse. In Blood of the Dead, Leylines are even mentioned which are basically veins of energy going through our planet and universe. Could this be the "real state of 115", in the form of energy interwoven with matter and therefore the webbing of the universe? It belongs to our universe, but not to our dimension of perception, namely as a crystalline state of matter found in meteorites.

Something that this reminded me of that I've seen brought up a few times in the past as well...the red/blue streaks crazily going all over the place in the skybox of Revelations. Some have correlated it to Dr. Monty and the Shadowman fighting for control, but it could just be as you described; the webbing of the universe unraveling ("it is really hard to keep this reality stable") as Aether rejoins the Dark Aether (I know in another thread you mentioned the Dark Aether being an adjective more than a separate entity but I somewhat disagree, subtitles in BO4 are wonky to begin with so I'm willing to believe that is a mistype, and Keepers have used Aether but become corrupted almost instantly by Dark Aether as shown in Der Eisendrache)

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NotAnAn0n said:

I’m glad the isotope hypothesis is shared amongst us all. Though you all clearly have a more comprehensive grasp on it hahaha. 

Regarding Divinium experimentation, is there any evidence for countries outside of those known to possess 115 research programs that may have one? I have a strong suspicion that the PRC has some shady R&D going on. 

A well-regarded theory is that Vietnam had access to 115, as Shangri-la was meant to be Vietnam before production (check out the concept art for it if you haven't, the 31-79 jGb215 was supposed to have 4 variants using different statues of power, and the zombie types looked amazing in concept!) 

Outside of that, given the scarce amount of 115 in America alone and how Origins was supposedly the largest deposit of 115 on the planet I think it's safe to say there wasn't much outside of what we already know that wasn't lost to time (or space....)

Also, my argument that the "Elder Gods" in Revelations blindly fired 115 into dimensions would make more sense given that circumstance. We know the Aether Pyramid was thrown onto the Moon, and that  Shangri-la has the ability to move between planets. It's possible a good amount of the 115 thrown into the multiverse just missed planets/moons accessible to humans and are either on inaccessible planets or floating around in space until they stop thinking.

3 minutes ago, clueless said:

A well-regarded theory is that Vietnam had access to 115, as Shangri-la was meant to be Vietnam before production (check out the concept art for it if you haven't, the 31-79 jGb215 was supposed to have 4 variants using different statues of power, and the zombie types looked amazing in concept!) 

Wow, TIL. The current theory is that Shang takes place in the Himalayas, right? I recall that barrels with either Mandarin or Japanese could be found across the map. If that is the case, does this mean that Division 9 at the very least launched expeditions in the area? We know there’s a corpse on-site with a Group 935 insignia emblazoned on its clothing. Perhaps it was a joint venture, like Shi no Numa? Nazi Germany launched anthropological surveys into parts of Tibet. Maybe they stumbled upon Shangri-La and Group 935 followed. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1938–39_German_expedition_to_Tibet

image.jpeg

I’ll try to get some screenshots off my PS4 when I get home.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, NotAnAn0n said:

Wow, TIL. The current theory is that Shang takes place in the Himalayas, right? I recall that barrels with either Mandarin or Japanese could be found across the map. If that is the case, does this mean that Division 9 at the very least launched expeditions in the area? We know there’s a corpse on-site with a Group 935 insignia emblazoned on its clothing. Perhaps it was a joint venture, like Shi no Numa? Nazi Germany launched anthropological surveys into parts of Tibet. Maybe they stumbled upon Shangri-La 

The Nazis were 100% looking for Shangri-La. Maxis was teleported there after Richtofen's betrayal, and even before him Richtofen was teleported there to be worshipped as a god by the local people there. The location of Shangri-la very well could have been leaked/ disclosed to the Nazi Party sometime after either event and ended up leading them along with 935 there. They "industrialize" the area (read: "enslaved the locals to mine the element and killed anyone who didn't go along with it") and obviously having so much 115 in one spot ends so well when dying people are involved

• Administrators
3 hours ago, anonymous said:

Perhaps the element decays faster when it's more concentrated or something?

This is a profound observation. I think the process of collapsing a larger mass of 115-infused "ore" into a much more compressed version would certainly accelerate the radiation by forcing the atoms closer together. 

Also, this presents a lovely question as to how the JGB-215 works, and whether the beams it releases could further affect this.

Humans might not age when using a teleporter, but 115 might.

Another great point. Again, perhaps the fields created by the teleporter accelerate that radiation - or better yet, here's a crackpot idea - perhaps 115 ore ages due to quantum entanglement with the rest of the "fabric" of which it forms as a 3rd dimensional  manifestation?

"115 is the fabric, the thread holding it all together. The webbing of the universe"

115 as we perceive it appears like a rock and is measurable as a heavy metal, but the forces and frequencies it exudes form that network, that web that spacetime exists of - the Aether. Perhaps a 115 ore in your pocket does not traverse the precise plane that you do as you cross the Aether, on a quantum level? 

Man, I am so full of it. I hope no one smart reads this stuff. LMFAO

• Administrators
1 minute ago, NotAnAn0n said:

Joke's on you, Treyarch is watching us from their Super Secret Fan Surveillance Bunker™️.

I wish! Hey, at least we’ve still got Kevin Sherwood....I think. Hey, if you ever read this, Kevin, would you post something about bacon on Twitter just so I know for sure?

The first is definitely a 935 operative. Judging from his gun, we can definitely confirm a Group 935 presence in Shangri-La as of 1942, since his gun is identical to the WaW MG-42 model. The question is, did the man belong to the mainstream Group 935 or Richtofen's faction?

MG42 | Wiki | Call Of Duty:Nazi Zombies Amino

I remembered 'barrels' instead of 'crates', oof. Mea culpa. I still can't tell if it's Japanese or Mandarin, though I suspect the former. Any translation help would be welcome.

The third is one of the zombie storage units we saw in Kino. Definitely further evidence for a Group 935 presence.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, NotAnAn0n said:

The question is, did the man belong to the mainstream Group 935 or Richtofen's faction?

I think it's a relatively safe assumption to make that this operative was one of Richtofen's; Maxis doesn't arrive to Shangri-la until Richtofen's betrayal, at which point I would see no reason to continue working with the now compromised organization. In fact he only went with Groph/Schuster (I don't recall which found him if not both of them) to tell Samantha to kill them all 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, NotAnAn0n said:

I have a strong suspicion that the PRC has some shady R&D going on. 

Clueless already mentioned the possibility of Vietnam being involved, as we see crates with Vietnamese words in Shangri-La (alongside Soviet and Chinese boxes). I could see there being some kind of alliance between the communistic countries in that time regarding experiments with 115, as we boxes with the flags of the Soviet Union, China, Vietnam and Cuba in the Nacht der Untoten loading screen. What's more, McNamara planned a meeting with the American Kennedy and the Cuban Casteo solely for the reason of forging an alliance against Samantha. Why would they do this if Cuba wouldn't have knowledge about 115? 

In Die Rise, we also see a PhD Flopper bottle (an invention of the Soviet Ascension Group) and tanks with Russian writing on them, indicating earlier Soviet influence. However, ever since Mao's "Great Leap Forward", tensions began to rise between the Soviet Union and China, of which I made a thread here. Later in the Cold War, the USSR's main treat were no longer capitalism and the West, but Mao's China. There were even planned joint US-USSR missions to sabotage the Chinese nuclear program and small proxy wars between China and the USSR's border. I think at some moment the two nations cooperated in the 115 experiments, but they later went their own way.

Not uninteresting to note is the Nantan meteorite in China, which was molten during the Great Leap Forward but scientists discovered other, weird metals in it. Some believe this event is where the title of Die Rise, "Great Leap Forward", refers to.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, anonymous said:

I could see there being some kind of alliance between the communistic countries in that time regarding experiments with 115, as we boxes with the flags of the Soviet Union, China, Vietnam and Cuba in the Nacht der Untoten loading screen. What's more, McNamara planned a meeting with the American Kennedy and the Cuban Casteo solely for the reason of forging an alliance against Samantha. Why would they do this if Cuba wouldn't have knowledge about 115? 

Is it possible Cuba was merely transporting material used in 115 based experiments being conducted by Soviet Union/Germany? Vietnam would supply 115, Cuba could supply raw materials, China could be for the mass production in this huge collaboration. So Cuba is technically still in the dark about 115/Samantha/pretty much everything, simply suppliers for the end products of 935s work which is why Castro needed to be brought up to date on Samantha by McNamara 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, clueless said:

Is it possible Cuba was merely transporting material used in 115 based experiments being conducted by Soviet Union/Germany? Vietnam would supply 115, Cuba could supply raw materials, China could be for the mass production in this huge collaboration. So Cuba is technically still in the dark about 115/Samantha/pretty much everything, simply suppliers for the end products of 935s work which is why Castro needed to be brought up to date on Samantha by McNamara 

Yeah possible. I mean, I imagine Cuba in the 60s was a nation recently going through a revolution with most of it's population working in the agriculture. It could be that Cuba wasn't directly involved in sciencific experiments, but more in providing raw materials or perhaps as a tactical position for a launch site of 115-including WMD's (think about the Cuban missle crisis). But what strikes me is Castro's direct involvement at the mindcontrol program that was applied on Mason in Black Ops I's campaign. I mean, surely he was an important figure for the placement of that whole underwater base where the Nova6 strikes were placed, but why was he also pressent in the lab as well? Maybe Cubans were also involved in sciencific experiments with 115?

Anyways, to answer @NotAnAn0n's question on the discord (could Korea be involved as well): Given it's close tie to Mao's China, I think it could be possible. Perhaps it is home to a meteorite impact site, which would also explain why the capitalists and communists both wanted Korea that badly (which led to the split of the peninsula). The US's war against the Vietnamese communists also gives me the idea that there was something important in Vietnam as well. Furthermore, in Angola, the West supported UNITA, the Soviets supported the MPLA. While the MPLA established governmental control, the UNITA kept fighting a guerilla warfare against their communist government, funded by so-called "blood diamands", which led to the UN Resolution 1295, the name for the map "Buried". This map, site to the Rift and housing an abandoned Group 935 research camp and the old hometown of Jeb Brown, surely was something to fight for for the US and USSR. I'd like to believe that most events in the Cold War that looked like a ideological conflict between capitalism and communism where, in reality, a conflict for 115/Keeper/Group 935 related resources. Even the Space Race likely was in order to reach Griffin Station first.

One thing I've been mulling over for the past few days is Angola as a source of Divinium. Angola was a colony of Portugal for several centuries. If Portugal had knowledge of a 115 deposit in their territory, did they exploit it? Moreover, was the true reason behind the American and Soviet pressure on Portugal to withdraw from Angola not because of anticolonial sentiment, but because Portugal was nurturing a 115 research program of its own? There's a lot that could be done with a 115 site in Angola. 

Somewhat related, but do we have any evidence of South African 115 deposits or research? The Apartheid government had an active nuclear program. It wouldn't seem too much of a stretch to me if they dabbled with Divinium. South Africa also had hands in the post-independence Angolan Civil War. It'd fit with the idea of their government having an interest in 115.

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, NotAnAn0n said:

One thing I've been mulling over for the past few days is Angola as a source of Divinium. Angola was a colony of Portugal for several centuries. If Portugal had knowledge of a 115 deposit in their territory, did they exploit it? Moreover, was the true reason behind the American and Soviet pressure on Portugal to withdraw from Angola not because of anticolonial sentiment, but because Portugal was nurturing a 115 research program of its own? There's a lot that could be done with a 115 site in Angola. 

Somewhat related, but do we have any evidence of South African 115 deposits or research? The Apartheid government had an active nuclear program. It wouldn't seem too much of a stretch to me if they dabbled with Divinium. South Africa also had hands in the post-independence Angolan Civil War. It'd fit with the idea of their government having an interest in 115.

Hmm yeah, one thing I've learned about 115 last years is that in the Zombieverse, investigation with the element often went parallel to nuclear research. 

Africa in general is known for the vast amount of rare earth metals it houses. We don't know when the American village of Jeb Brown teleported to Angola, but since the buildings are still in a somewhat good state, I'd imagine it wasn't teleported there like 1000 years back. It might even be teleported to the same year it vanished in the US midwest (meaning that the town travelled merely through space and not through time). 

Aparently Portugese Angola was mainly a source for wood, slaves, fruit, etc. Mining to gems (and mainly diamands) seemed to have started in 1912. It could be possible that Portugese explorers discovered Buried, but I think that if they knew how valuable 115 was, they wouldn't hand it over to Group 935 during the Second World War. But I think it could very well be the case that Group 935 knew about Buried via the Portugese. Perhaps they discovered it but didn't really knew what to do with it, and they gave access to G935 in exchange for some neat weapon designs of other 115 applications.

"Buried" is a map with a weird background and I am eager to discuss more about it. Also, why is the Rift located here? I read about someone's theory that the Moon missles were launched to sever Richtofen's connection with Earth. As 115 forms a bridge between Earth and Aether, it may be the case that the three major 115 sites were shot. The fact that Groom Lake, known to be one of the largest (or perhaps the largest) 115 sites on Earth, was were one of the missles hit could be proof for it: This is no coincidence: Three 115 sites were hit. Groom lake and two unknown ones. Since many believe the Rift was formed by a moon rocket....was Angola another one of the three major 115-containing locations on Earth?

In what ways was South Africa involved in the Angolan conflict? This is a part of history I am fairly unfamiliar with.

Namibia, which was under South Africa’s jurisdiction, had factions located therein which wanted and fought for independence. Keep in mind, Namibia was formerly Imperial Germany’s Suidwest Afrika. The Angolan-based MPLA supported the rebels. South Africa deployed troops to combat the MPLA until like 1988 iirc. 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, NotAnAn0n said:

Namibia, which was under South Africa’s jurisdiction, had factions located therein which wanted and fought for independence. Keep in mind, Namibia was formerly Imperial Germany’s Suidwest Afrika. The Angolan-based MPLA supported the rebels. South Africa deployed troops to combat the MPLA until like 1988 iirc. 

Also read about how South Africa, along with the US and several other western nations (as well as perhaps Broken Arrow) backed UNITA in their fight against the MPLA. Eventually they stopped aiding them for violating human rights and UNITA started funding itself with blood diamands now (of which UN Resolution 1295 was.a response). 

The entire Angolan landhas a vast amount of metals and minerals, among which diamonds, iron, manganese, copper, gold, phosphates, granite, marble, uranium, quartz, lead, zinc, wolfram, tin, fluorite, sulfur, feldspar, kaolin, mica, asphalt, gypsum, and talc. It seems like Angolan geography and tectonics allowed the area to include some of the rarest elements on Earth. So is there also 115 included underneath it's crust?

I'm not sure if it is related to this, but Mason, Weaver, Hudson and Woods ran away from the CIA to Johannesburg (South Africa) in 1978, to search for an unknown lead. Doctor Clarke had a brother in Johannesburg who he intended to hide with, according to intel obtained in the mission "Numbers". The CIA under lead of Ryan Jackson and Richard Kain followed them with the intention to execute them, if I recall correctly. Could this have anything to do with 115 in the South African basin? We also have a mysterious 'X' involved in all this:

Is Maxis involved in it? We know he had ties with Broken Arrow in the Agonia fracture, perhaos he made contact with Broken Arrow/CIA in the original timeline as well. Also Woods has that 115 tattoo so maybe he knows more about this subject than we assume he does.

• 2 weeks later...

@anonymous and I were having a conversation yesterday or the day before, about the methods of delivery for 115 into the human body and the differences between supersoldiers and zombies. He mentioned an inclusion of Vril energy could be the answer. I invite him to expand on his meaning for the public.

Regarding the delivery methods, there are two that are known: liquid injection and gas inhalation. This excludes passive exposure to 115, and focuses more on intentional transference. Liquid seems to be the most common, injected into the body via a syringe. I believe that this is how the Ultimis crew were experimented on. Richtofen mentions how Nikolai was only receptive to a solution which included vodka. Such language implies that the basic delivery of 115 into living human subjects was liquid-based. While it is possible for it to be delivered via consumption, I find injection to be the more likely method.

In Classified, American scientist Doctor Layman was revealed to have converted Element 115 into a gaseous form. He claimed to be able to render zombies docile and receptive to commands. From what I know, Samantha had corrupted Layman in order to fool Broken Arrow into housing a fair number of undead underneath the Pentagon. That being said, @RadZakpak is of the mind that 115 gas was hinted at before Classified, being used to infect the Red Army at Stalingrad prior to Gorod Krovi. This would imply that 115 gas kills and zombifies living humans. A terrifying prospect, to be sure.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, NotAnAn0n said:

In Classified, American scientist Doctor Layman was revealed to have converted Element 115 into a gaseous form. He claimed to be able to render zombies docile and receptive to commands. From what I know, Samantha had corrupted Layman in order to fool Broken Arrow into housing a fair number of undead underneath the Pentagon. That being said, @RadZakpak is of the mind that 115 gas was hinted at before Classified, being used to infect the Red Army at Stalingrad prior to Gorod Krovi. This would imply that 115 gas kills and zombifies living humans. A terrifying prospect, to be sure.

I still like to think that Samantha always had control, and was simply playing a mind game with the scientists of the Pentagon that way she could have them make the zombies before she sweeps in and goes full viral with the spread of the zombies. Schuster even points this out - "the eyes, they're yellow." Samantha was always watching, but knew that the smarter thing to do was let them make an army for her before dropping the ruse. This does not disprove your point; the gas is volatile and highly infectious, turning living people into zombies in what is assumed to be a short period of time. The Pentagon was focused on a way to make a zombie army and control it, unfortunately they only did one when they thought they were doing both.

Just now, clueless said:

I still like to think that Samantha always had control, and was simply playing a mind game with the scientists of the Pentagon that way she could have them make the zombies before she sweeps in and goes full viral with the spread of the zombies. Schuster even points this out - "the eyes, they're yellow." Samantha was always watching, but knew that the smarter thing to do was let them make an army for her before dropping the ruse. This does not disprove your point; the gas is volatile and highly infectious, turning living people into zombies in what is assumed to be a short period of time. The Pentagon was focused on a way to make a zombie army and control it, unfortunately they only did one when they thought they were doing both.

I agree on the ruse part. Apologies for not making that clear hahahahaha.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NotAnAn0n said:

I agree on the ruse part. Apologies for not making that clear hahahahaha.

No worries, just thought I'd point that out. It's part of a larger theory I had in @RadZakpak's Taking Inventory - Broken Arrow Part 1, I'll copy it below to save the dig through but Moon and Tranzit were my two big points of digging for lore so anything related to them I go a mile with lol. The love for Broken Arrow in BO4 certainly sated that quite a bit.

Spoiler

On 8/18/2020 at 7:52 AM, clueless said:

There it is! The thread that convinced me to hop into this site for real. As you mentioned already, the seemingly endless questions Tranzit opens will probably never truly be answered, as so much had to be changed for the map (and the game in general) to function in time for release alone. 

I'll get the simpler stuff out of the way first, because it doesn't dig too deep into itself and is more reassurance than anything else.

The electric collars could be a failsafe to prevent people from leaking any information, seeing as they did not like having their name plastered on anything involving outbreaks to the point that they burned down their main HQ to destroy any evidence connecting them to the outbreaks in Die Rise, potentially others worldwide. Seeing as it is only on the employees and not the patients, we can assume the patients are admitted to the Sanatorium when they become so mentally unstable that people would no longer believe them even if they told the truth.

The cages are definitely inferred to be for the Bios, as even Stuhlinger mentions it in-map "how THEY planted them everywhere" (although probably an incident that led to their escape, as shown in the comics that they do not go well with imprisonment). Also do you have a picture of the skulls in the Hunter's Cabin? I never have stayed in there long enough to look at everything, and my disc is broken so I can't check it myself.

(Now, a fair warning for @RichKiller, Alpha Omega is covered pretty extensively even if just small bits of lore from documents/radios):

First of all, it's important to keep track of time to not get confused and maybe shed light on things in a way we didn't look at before. Broken Arrow was officially formed on November 19, 1963. Green Run (the real-life event, not the map which will  be referred to as Tranzit or Hanford Site to avoid confusion) spanned from December 1949 to some time in 1962, at which point 'more experiments commenced'. So the entirety of Green Run takes place when the US Government is first in charge, Pernell doesn't create Broken Arrow yet. It is very likely Pernell was on-hand with the project, given his experiences with 115 in the past (leading Dempsey, Smokey, Banana, and Gunner through Verruckt, which takes place in 1945) and how close it was to his revelations of making Broken Arrow in the first place.

So after Broken Arrow's conception in 1963, every government project involving 115 sits under one roof, including the Green Run operations that are now in 'more experiments commenced' mode. With Classified taking place just days before conception, Broken Arrow is pretty much back at square one with mind control (or at least zombie control) after the Nova-6 / 115 gas mixture turned out to be a red herring caused by Samantha strategically using zombies as pawns, something only Dr. Schuster was able to see beforehand because he had lived through it before on Griffin Station ("the eyes...they're yellow"). However they seem to crack it within a month (I'll make a counterpoint for this in a second), as they get an approval for Project MKAlpha on December 24, 1963. MKAlpha begins Phase I during early 1964, as a document from January 25, 1965 praises that the "last year has been exemplary for Project MKAlpha and Broken Arrow." While it was an exemplary year, it is very possible lives were still lost in the process of figuring out just what dosage was needed to properly tap into someone's mind during the Phase I testing as opposed to figuring it out beforehand as I had just previously said. What's important is that it is deemed safe enough afterwards that Phase II begins with Yuri Zavoyski, the only man to break into the Pentagon (and be captured). The procedure is deemed safe within a YEAR, to the point the US Government is handing over one of their most dangerous prisoners to Broken Arrow because they have proven it works perfectly. Unfortunately the procedure only works within the American Pyramid Device, which becomes unreachable after Pernell becomes a selfish psychotic prick  turns into the Avogadro a few years later and kills everyone at Groom Lake before getting trapped inside the American Pyramid Device. So where does Broken Arrow turn from there? Back to Hanford Sanatorium, the lab the world doesn't know exists and is the perfect cover for experimentation.

While a Hanford Sanatorium is very unlikely to exist in real life, the idea definitely could stem from the aftermath of the actual Green Run. In the Zombies Universe, people would go to this Sanatorium once illnesses and ailments got bad enough that afflicted people began to break down. It's likely Broken Arrow made the Sanatorium as a way to record and study the effects of their version of Green Run, and once a subject fully changed they began experimenting on ways to control the zombies following in their original footsteps from Classifed (the Nova-6 / 115 gas mixture that allows control of the zombie). The colored bracelets could indicate not only what type of ailment a zombie had formerly but what type of experiment(s) would be done to the subject (these are the same people theorized to use a Chinese sweatshop building as a front for experiments, so not entirely out of reason with their track record of dehumanization).

The identical neck wounds topic is definitely one that can stretch quite a bit. Personally I think Broken Arrow was trying to find more ways to control the mind, like how your original linked thread discusses. The aforementioned Nova-6 / 115 gas mixture can even be argued it was not effective because of Schuster's comment of the eyes being yellow. At that point Samantha is just playing games and setting up pawns, making them believe they have control until they let their guard down which happens soon after. So Broken Arrow begins going back to more primitive methods of controlling the mind by tampering with bodies hoping they can get it right, maybe infusing 115 into serums and playing with the dosages (which would eventually lead to an outbreak to due the lack of controlled proportions).

latest?cb=20190721123649

Archived