Hello there.

NotAnAn0n

Hi! My name is NotAnAn0n. I recently discovered this forum after I started getting back into Zombies. Origins remastered was kicking me in the ying-yang and I was looking for a guide. Lo and behold, I happen upon this community of fellow Zombies nerds. As a (hint: self-proclaimed) writer, I instantly connected with a lot of the theorizing I saw here. I’ll try to keep active, but I might be found more on the Discord, as that is my preferred platform. I hope to be a great addition to the community!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Well hello there fellow (NotAn)Anon, glad you've found us! Its strange how, after times of doing other things, one can feel a sudden urge to slay zombies again. Guess it's in our blood 😛 So you're enjoying the remastered Origins, huh? I self lack the skills to survive any high round in that map with those sprinting BO3 zombies, but then again, I'm more into the theorizing.

Yes, please check out the Discord, it's where all the quick conversations happen, on- and off-topic. The Forums itself are mostly used for more elaborate discussions, from theories to strategies. But post whatever you want, say whatever you want, we're all friends here 🙂

Once again, herzlich wilkommen! Btw since what game are you playing zombies? I myself really started battling the undead after the release of Black Ops III, though I remain a fan of the older games.

Thank you both for replying so quickly! 

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Well hello there fellow (NotAn)Anon, glad you've found us! Its strange how, after times of doing other things, one can feel a sudden urge to slay zombies again. Guess it's in our blood 😛 So you're enjoying the remastered Origins, huh? I self lack the skills to survive any high round in that map with those sprinting BO3 zombies, but then again, I'm more into the theorizing.

Yes, please check out the Discord, it's where all the quick conversations happen, on- and off-topic. The Forums itself are mostly used for more elaborate discussions, from theories to strategies. But post whatever you want, say whatever you want, we're all friends here 🙂

Once again, herzlich wilkommen! Btw since what game are you playing zombies? I myself really started battling the undead after the release of Black Ops III, though I remain a fan of the older games.

Can't blame ya with the BO3 sprinters hahahaha. I'm mainly on BO3 now, but I used to play the Hell out of BO1. I couldn't get past Tranzit in BO2 though.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, NotAnAn0n said:

"*mad cackling* It worked! Now on to phase 12!"

Hahaha, thats my type of humour, man. Unfortunately, though, my friends around me here are no zombie players so they never understand it 😞

52 minutes ago, NotAnAn0n said:

Thank you both for replying so quickly! 

Can't blame ya with the BO3 sprinters hahahaha. I'm mainly on BO3 now, but I used to play the Hell out of BO1. I couldn't get past Tranzit in BO2 though.

Yep, I like Tranzit, but thats quite unusual though. Whats your favourite map, if I may ask?

5 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Hahaha, thats my type of humour, man. Unfortunately, though, my friends around me here are no zombie players so they never understand it 😞

Yep, I like Tranzit, but thats quite unusual though. Whats your favourite map, if I may ask?

Beat them into loving Zombies. /s As for my favorite map, It’s a contested title, but I’ll say either Moon or Origins atm.

• Moderators

Heya, welcome to the site friend. Glad you found us.

If you ever are unsure on where to post something, just message one of us mods. Either on here or on the Discord.

Origins and Moon are your favorite maps? Great choices, if you are playing Moon for NML of course. haha 

So who is the best crew? Ultimis, Victis or Primis?

Hopefully you'll enjoy your stay, both in the forums and on Discord.

Thank you for the kind gesture, Lenne. I’m enjoying my stay so far. I put Moon up there largely because of the hacker hahahahaha. If you know how to use it, that thing will make the map bend to you. 

As for my favorite crew, I definitely have to choose Ultimis. People like to say that Primis is the most developed, but I find that to be a somewhat lacking analysis. Primis is developed in the more conventional sense, it has a linear—if exceptionally complicated—story with traditional character beats and such. Ultimis on the other hand has mainly hidden development for its characters—camouflaged, if you will. You have to actively search for and be interested in the Ultimis characters/story to get a deeper appreciation for it. And when you do get a deeper appreciation for it, I feel Ultimis comes out the stronger crew and story. The radios and Ascension PaP quotes are a good example of this. Though I must confess that I do kinda count the info learned about Takeo and Nikolai in Zetsubo and Gorod Krovi as part of the Ultimis storyline, simply because it’s the logical background for Takeo being detained by Group 935 in the first place and Nikolai’s tragic backstory was alluded to by Ultimis Dempsey and Takeo in some of their Ascension PaP quotes. 

Victis was a missed opportunity and done incredibly dirty by Treyarch, but that’s a rant for another day.

• Moderators

Yeah, I give you that one, the hacker is pretty cool.

I whole heartly agree with you, Ultimis is the best. I'd also like to add that a lot of people just dismiss them as clowns, but like you said, they are just a bit different both from a character perspective and from how their story is told. And man, they are just way too funny, even 12 years later I find myself at least giggling once a session about their qoutes. ^^

Archived