Create A Map: The Meh Edition | Podcast Der Toten

RadZakpak

• Moderators

Come check out the latest Podcast Der Toten, the official CoDz podcast, featuring myself, @Tac, and special guest, @The Meh. In this week's episode, we build off of some of Meh's map ideas.

Which idea is your favorite? How would you further build off of them? What are some of your map ideas? 

Post a comment below!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Okay story time! I used to work at a Toys R Us (rest in pieces) and one day I found a full architectural layout of the building. Naturally being the guy that drew maps up constantly and never went further than that, I took a picture of it which I still have but won't disclose for my own safety in case that gets me in legal trouble (HIGHLY doubt it, but not taking the risk). But I started laying out the store as a Zombies map the more I worked there to the point I had wall buys and debris made. 

Zombies R Us! (I never bothered naming it, just roll with it.)

VERY bare bones map, only 6 perks - Juggernog, Speed Cola, Double Tap II, Quick Revive, Stamin-Up, and PhD Flopper. And of course Pack-a-Punch. Only buildable was a shield, setting was after the missiles struck (back when we had no clue when that was) playing as 4 random civilians. Layout was the entire interior of the store and a small section of the parking lot outside reminiscent of Town. No Main Easter Eggs, no side quests, just get power on and survive. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, clueless said:

Okay story time! I used to work at a Toys R Us (rest in pieces) and one day I found a full architectural layout of the building. Naturally being the guy that drew maps up constantly and never went further than that, I took a picture of it which I still have but won't disclose for my own safety in case that gets me in legal trouble (HIGHLY doubt it, but not taking the risk). But I started laying out the store as a Zombies map the more I worked there to the point I had wall buys and debris made. 

Zombies R Us! (I never bothered naming it, just roll with it.)

VERY bare bones map, only 6 perks - Juggernog, Speed Cola, Double Tap II, Quick Revive, Stamin-Up, and PhD Flopper. And of course Pack-a-Punch. Only buildable was a shield, setting was after the missiles struck (back when we had no clue when that was) playing as 4 random civilians. Layout was the entire interior of the store and a small section of the parking lot outside reminiscent of Town. No Main Easter Eggs, no side quests, just get power on and survive. 

Ah man, I love(d) Toys R Us. There's something so alluring about the idea of a zombies map set in places you know locally. I'd always imagined one on my college campus.

@The Meh
image.png

The Summoning Key is one of the oldest artifacts in all creation. It was used by the first one to mix all the dimensions with life, giving each one its unique balance.

Collapsing the dimensions for Monty could mean separating life (Primis/Ultimis souls) from the dimensions, reversing the mix of the first one. 
The summoning key is a soul vessel. It is possible the house is a physical manifestation within the Aether of souls that are kept "on hold". A vessel for Maxis... 

It would be cool if you could have a massive map within the house, with rooms changing every time you play and every time you enter an area. I think this is quite doable as well. 

Archived