Shadows of Evil - Blue Mist

Rapt

20200805223243_1.jpg20200805221512_1.jpg

Just another interesting SoE feature.
The steam/mist under the Ruby Rabbit stairs turns blue when the gateworm is waiting to be collected.
It is directly next to a pod.
It is also right next to one of the Cthulhu statues, the unresolved glyph hints on the statues mention opening pods.
Just an observation, might help anyone still searching for EEs. 
image.png

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
8 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Really interesting. Have you looked for similar mist at the other three locations when gateworms are waiting?

Thought the same, whenever we complete a ritual it is common to instantly grab the Gateworms. What if we keep them all four on the altars?

@Rapt really cool discovery, I think most definately this is no visual glitch and you're really into something here. I'm not sure if you are familiar with this thread but I recommend it: 

However, to spawn the purple Apothicons one has to do the ritual in the PaP room, meaning the players have to grab the Gateworms from their original ritual tabled, disabling the purple mist at Ruby's Rabbit. 

Maybe the pods refer to the cocoon models? I don't have any clue where to find them and what to do, though. There's also that mystery of the 'Dead Margwa Heart' and it's abilities.

Where id that glyph found? Is there anything written further?

The glyphs are from the base of the Octopus statues.
This screenshot is from the glitching queen video but some of the translations are INCORRECT.
The bottom "altar" (not alter lmao) is NOT the symbol for altar...
And notice the zombie glyph is missing an arm............

Statue Hints.png

In my opinion these symbols are instructions for something....
They looks like they instruct us on a specific series of actions however.
And some of the glyphs do not appear on the translation sheet we have.
But we have similar ones and the meaning of the parts that make the glyphs upl.
So a bit of logical deduction can probably translate this fully..

The order will just depend on if the "complete" in the top right is the final glyph follwed by that crack as the fullstop (reading backwards)
Or if it is left to right indicating a step to be completed mid another step
(aka do ritual, dont pickup gateworm, "complete pod gather"(possibly get tentacle from the pod by ruby mist while completed egg is in statue?) etc etc?)
There are a few things to try that I don't think anyone will have done before, simply because (as you say) people just pick stuff up whenever they see it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting indeed.

There were so many questions left in that map.

Why 2 trip mine upgrades? For example.

Why do characters only say all 4 (3 for one character) lines of 'gateworm placement' if done in a specific order (FL, FR, MR, ML -from entrance from Subway)?

9 hours ago, 83457 said:

Why do characters only say all 4 (3 for one character) lines of 'gateworm placement' if done in a specific order (FL, FR, MR, ML -from entrance from Subway)?

Do you have the full quotes for when they place them in the correct order?
Can't find them.

The trip mines yes, and the Goddard Apparatus. 
Even though it's the same shield on DE the upgrade only exists on SoE. Weird.

9 hours ago, Rapt said:

Do you have the full quotes for when they place them in the correct order?
Can't find them.

The trip mines yes, and the Goddard Apparatus. 
Even though it's the same shield on DE the upgrade only exists on SoE. Weird.

I don't have the quotes, no. 

It is the same things they always say, but they'll repeat phrases unless done in the order above.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, 83457 said:

It is the same things they always say, but they'll repeat phrases unless done in the order above.

So it's different when first the Boxer, then the Police, but then who? In this reddit post somebody found out how to spawn purple Apothicons (confirmed), and the first step is this:

Step One: Do all the rituals as normal but when you get to the Rift for the final ritual to open up PaP, place the Gateworms in this order -

(Looking from to Subway system towards PaP)

Boxer 1st - Bottom left

Cop 2nd - Bottom Right

Femme 3rd - Top Right

Nero 4th - Top Left

Starting with the Boxer and then the Cop, just like the order the quotes are different? That might be a clue...

• Moderators
10 hours ago, 83457 said:

Yes, Anon, that is the order that I am speaking of. I did not know of the other poster's findings. Thanks for pointing that out.

I feel like the purple Apothicons is not the end. I think there might be an alternative quest after this

Archived