Top 5 Dropped Story Threads | Podcast Der Toten

RadZakpak

• Moderators
4 hours ago, anonymous said:

I think that is because he needed an innocent soul. Remember how  a Maxis cipher talks about the importance of extracting the souls at specific moments in time. Why, I still dont know. 

"Edward, as you know it is imperative you and the group find the exact versions of yourselves that I have highlighted in each universe. Only by killing that version of yourself in that particular universe at that particular moment in time will we be successful once each of you other selves are killed across all the universes."

Monty's quote from Revelations might have some thematic reasoning for it:

"Here's something I just noticed: All of you died pretty much as you lived. Dempsey bravely followed orders. Takeo accepted his fate with honour. Nikolai battled with... his own demons. It's funny, isn't it? Richtofen is the only one that really didn't see it coming. I'm quite pleased with that."

He's talking here about the Richtofen from The Giant, which Richtofen wanted everyone to believe was where he got the soul. But Monty knows he got it from 2210, and again I think he's implying that Richtofen died as he lived. Monty has described Richtofen as a man-child in Gorod Krovi, and when Richtofen finally tells the story of killing his 2210-self, he says, " I took mein own soul. Before it could ever have the chance to flourish. Is it any wonder I’m the way I am?" 2210 Eddie died as P. Richtofen lived: Childish, and completely unaware that he was being fooled.

So in a thematic sense, the souls come from versions of the four which are the most "pure" in personality. 

Another possible explanation may be in the process in which Richtofen extracted the souls to create the Shard. We don't know much about it, but Richtofen being the "creator" might explain why it is different in some way. Perhaps because the rest of Ultimis' minds had been experimented on, their eternal souls reside in fractures, while Richtofen's is in a normal dimension.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 hours ago, anonymous said:

I think that is because he needed an innocent soul.

This is very possible. 

6 hours ago, anonymous said:

Remember how  a Maxis cipher talks about the importance of extracting the souls at specific moments in time. Why, I still dont know. 

"Edward, as you know it is imperative you and the group find the exact versions of yourselves that I have highlighted in each universe. Only by killing that version of yourself in that particular universe at that particular moment in time will we be successful once each of you other selves are killed across all the universes."

This is a more advanced point of the cycle. I don't want to put here stuff that would seem unbased though. 

1 hour ago, RadZakpak said:

He's talking here about the Richtofen from The Giant

You see, this is where Monty messes up with people. He talks about the past and the future as if there is no difference. He jumps between Primis and Ultimis varients as if they are the same person.
It's not about Ultimis Richtofen, it's about Primis Richtofen. This is again a quote of something yet to happen.

12 hours ago, RichKiller said:

He cares not for killing Ultimis Richtofen in The Giant (see discussion between Richtofen and Dempsey and the cutscene itself). This quote is about killing himself as a child.

I completely forgot about Eddie, yeah, I guess that makes sense.

Archived