Quick theory about Stuhlinger's "book"

anonymous

• Moderators

I was going through some Tranzit and Die Rise quotes of Samuel Stuhlinger and came upon some interesting ones, thought I should share. Ever since Tranzit we have had suspictions that Stuhlinger had a book, but it wasn't untill Buried that we actually saw it on his model:

Spoiler

r/CODZombies - Is it the Kronorium in the pocket of Samuel Stuhlinger ?Playable Characters - Tranzit - Call of Duty Zombies - The ...

The first model being the Buried one, with a clear book in his right pocket. The Die Rise/Tranzit model doesn't seem to have one.

However, if you look to the backside of Stuh's model in Tranzit/Die Rise, there seems to be something in his pocket. So it could be assumed that he had this book all along but the developers put it in a more visible pocket at Buried. Here is a picture of Richtofen's diary for comparision:

Spoiler

afbeelding.png

Credits to @Rissole25

"Oh, it's this book! It's cursed!" sidequest_samuel_self_d_4

"Damn diary, voices" pap_wait2_m_1

From these quotes in Die Rise I conclude that it isn't any normal book, but a diary that he condemns to be cursed. Doesn't that sound very alike to Richtofen's Diary? What's more, in that second quote he even seems to connect the diary with the voices (which are Richtofen's).

Interesting is that Stuhlinger's model is named 'Reporter' in the game files, which contradicts with the conspiracy theorist he seems to be. However, could that have been his original job, but once he got his hands upon Richtofen's Diary he read about Agartha, the Illuminati, mindcontrol, etc, which drove him into conspiracies?

First of all, where would he have found this diary of Richtofen? For all we know, Richtfofen himself carried it up untill Moon, which ended with his body comatose in the hands of Broken Arrow in 1964. Keeping that in mind, I think it is very likely that Broken Arrow has his diary. Stuhlinger says the following in Tranzit:

"You find the best reading materials at bus stations" map_in_bus3_0

Is this a reference to the place he found Richtofen's diary? If Stuhlinger is a local resident of Washington, he might have performed research in the Hanford area as a reporter, and he could have stumbled upon the Diary laying in the Hanford Bus Depot (which was, after all, a Broken Arrow research campus). So how about his conspiracies?

"Oh, that didn't surprise me, no, I know all about those things. I read about how they plan them everywhere." earn_achievement_0

"That box of lies comes right out of the Bermuda Triangle, I read." monkey_4

Stuhlinger is infamous for his talks about Atlantis, aliens, flying discs and that kind of subjects. He even once states that his Pack-a-Punched arms come from the Hollow Earth. I think Hollow Earth/Atlantis are references to Agartha and the Keepers, the flying discs being about the Vril saucers. This could all be themes Richtofen wrote in his diary. So did Richtofen indirectly caused him to become a conspiracy theorist?

Spoiler

By the way that stuff about the Bermuda Triangle and Atlantis reminded me of this:

TRANZIT CREW Fight Zombies On A SHIP! Victis Characters Unknown ...

Perhaps it had to do with the original intentions the developers wanted to pursue

Food for thought. Enjoy the day!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

@RichKiller I know you've considered a theory about the role of Atlantis in our story. Saw Stuhlinger had these quotes:

"Now that's a score, wow, that supernatural box from Atlantis must like you. Oh well, Okay I've said too much" monkey_3

He says that the Magic Box comes from Atlantis and the Bermuda Triangle, which leads me to believe that Atlantis is within the Bermuda Triangle. I looked it up on internet and there are quite some real life conspiracy theories that "prove" that, even saying that the Bermuda Triangle is also a gateway to Hollow Earth. We know that in our Zombieverse, Hollow Earth directly translates to Agartha, the physical manifestation of the Aether. So Stuhlinger speaks of truth when he says the box comes from Atlantis a.k.a. Agartha/the Aether.

I'm curious to your ideas concerning this.

(by the way, Atlantis also has a major role in the Ancient Great War)

29 minutes ago, anonymous said:

@RichKiller I know you've considered a theory about the role of Atlantis in our story. Saw Stuhlinger had these quotes:

"Now that's a score, wow, that supernatural box from Atlantis must like you. Oh well, Okay I've said too much" monkey_3

He says that the Magic Box comes from Atlantis and the Bermuda Triangle, which leads me to believe that Atlantis is within the Bermuda Triangle. I looked it up on internet and there are quite some real life conspiracy theories that "prove" that, even saying that the Bermuda Triangle is also a gateway to Hollow Earth. We know that in our Zombieverse, Hollow Earth directly translates to Agartha, the physical manifestation of the Aether. So Stuhlinger speaks of truth when he says the box comes from Atlantis a.k.a. Agartha/the Aether.

I'm curious to your ideas concerning this.

(by the way, Atlantis also has a major role in the Ancient Great War)

He also says "I've got enough bullets for everyone in Atlantis!".
With the more focus on the diary we have lately seen, his knowledge could come from the diary he has read. 

However, the following quote of Russman seems to suggest he knew Stuhlinger when he was younger, at the time he was working at Broken Arrow.
AlongTimeAgo.mp3

He also thinks that Majestic-12 (or the 6) want him dead: 
"I'd rather be judged by 12 than eaten by 6. And who told you to come after me, huh? Why do they want me dead?"
So it's possible that Stuhlinger was a disbanded Broken Arrow agent (similarly, quotes of Marlton and Russman suggest Marlton was working with Russman). 

I tend to think that with the new iteration of the story, atlantis is located in the Pacific ocean and not the Atlantic ocean, but perhaps there is more than one gateway.  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RichKiller said:

However, the following quote of Russman seems to suggest he knew Stuhlinger when he was younger, at the time he was working at Broken Arrow.
AlongTimeAgo.mp3

This also sounds like it might be a joke towards Stuh, as Russman often seems to talk about the 'good old times' against the 'spoiled youth of today'. But yeah, it could be the case, espessially if you consider the fact that Stuhlinger and Russman (1) like each other and (2) were already in the bus before they bumbed upon Misty and Marlton (as we can see in the Timeline and the Buried cutscene). They also both seem to originate from an urban area, as they feel alienated and dislike nature, farms, etc. Maybe Russman was the one handing Stuhlinger the diary?

Concerning Marlton, in Alpha Omega we learn more about his life before the impact of the Moon missles, and it is certain that he was no Broken Arrow member. The fact he initially was in the Nuketown bunker and later appeared in Hanford can be explained by, I think, the pressence of Telepads in Camp Edward/Groom Lake. Broken Arrow could have placed them for interfacility-travel and Marlton could have teleported himself from Nuketown to Hanford, both Broken Arrow stations. Russman, clearly, took the bus. If he really knew Stuhlinger he could have picked him up before travelling to Hanford. Misty is, I think, a local resident of Washington state.

2 hours ago, RichKiller said:

I tend to think that with the new iteration of the story, atlantis is located in the Pacific ocean and not the Atlantic ocean, but perhaps there is more than one gateway.  

According to the Vril mythos, there used to be two factions that raged war against each other, causing the continents of Atlantis and Lemuria to vanish. But sure, Atlantis and Lemuria could have very well been one and the same continent, merely being used as a metaphore to distinguish between the corrupted and uncorrupted proto-Keepers

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Concerning Marlton, in Alpha Omega we learn more about his life before the impact of the Moon missles, and it is certain that he was no Broken Arrow member.

Meanwhile, in BO2:
RuinedEverything.mp3
"Just because one is different is not a valid excuse to simply banish him."
"They ask me to leave? I was the one reporting this disgusting behavior! Makes no sense..."
+ Marlton and Russman hate eachother +there are more references. 

You just can't make sense of the storyline when you include AO and Tag. Sorry. 
I prefer Treyarch's vision over pure gameplay that originates from decisions out of their control. I also think it does more justice to Treyarch as a studio overall. 

We know they were gonna take the diaries more seriously, perhaps as a concept that was grown from Stuh.
I'm sure they had a wider story for AO that most have likely addressed the quotes of Marlton from Nuketown zombies itself.
They already strived towards the APD which Marlton refers to (DE also has a reference):
"This device will prove my mental superiority once and for all"
"The synchronic forces contained herein shall make me unstoppable!"

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, RichKiller said:

Meanwhile, in BO2:
RuinedEverything.mp3
"Just because one is different is not a valid excuse to simply banish him."
"They ask me to leave? I was the one reporting this disgusting behavior! Makes no sense..."
+ Marlton and Russman hate eachother +there are more references. 

You just can't make sense of the storyline when you include AO and Tag. Sorry. 
I prefer Treyarch's vision over pure gameplay that originates from decisions out of their control. I also think it does more justice to Treyarch as a studio overall. 

We know they were gonna take the diaries more seriously, perhaps as a concept that was grown from Stuh.
I'm sure they had a wider story for AO that most have likely addressed the quotes of Marlton from Nuketown zombies itself.
They already strived towards the APD which Marlton refers to (DE also has a reference):
"This device will prove my mental superiority once and for all"
"The synchronic forces contained herein shall make me unstoppable!"

And these quotes could make perfect sense, even if he is not in Broken Arrow. I don't know how much you are willing to know already, but I put an explanation in the spoiler beneath. You can choose whether you'll read it or not, but it is solely about the quotes of Marlton in Alpha Omega and no other spoilers:

Spoiler

“My reason for being here should come as no surprise. The A.D.A.M. Initiative? Project Toy Soldier? I am aware of the advanced robotics programs happening at this facility. I had to come see for myself if the rumours were true. This is a secret the Government shall not keep from us!! I don’t care if it’s been sixty years!” 

"Oh, you mean to say you're not familiar with the A.D.A.M initiative? The Home Service Robot meant to cater to it's owner's every need? It was supposed to revolutionize the world, except there was a problem. According to various internet forums I subscribe to, the robots began experiencing emotions! This became exponentially more problematic when Project Toy Soldier was started. They turned their robots into killer-soldiers, but the robots did not wish to die! But that was only the start of where it all went wrong."

"There are two theories over why this project was abandoned. Theory number 1; The facility's computer system went haywire and took control of the A.D.A.M.s. Makes sense, but there is little evidence to support it. Theory number 2: An incident occured that led to the creation of an artificial intelligence. This entity took control of the facility, turning the A.D.A.M.s against the facility's occupants. I don't think I'll buy Theory 2. I've read my science-fiction, and an A.I. gone rogue seems much more plausible. Regardless, after the facility was shut down, the robotics programmes were discontinued."

"I maintain what I've always said: The robots at this facility are still alive! How else do you explain this place? We're in the middle of a desert, yet this facility still has power. The grass is green and the buildings are well maintained. Who do you think is taking care of this place? There hasn't been a human here in decades. The robots....the ones that stand so perfectly still, they are the caretakers. And now I fear we've angered them." 

From what it seems, for Marlton it was his quest for knowledge and general curiosity that drove him there. He learned about Broken Arrow and Nuketown via internet forums. @Boom115 stated that the quotes about him being banished could be related to the companies he works for (perhaps researching nuclear radiation at the site) or, even more likely, something as trivial as a subforum. But looking at the AO quotes, he definately was no member of the Broken Arrow. During his investigation of Camp Edward, he probably stumbled upon the APD where the other quotes refer to. That, or he was inventing something that could make him escape from the zombie-infested site. I remember that during the AO Egg, we also have to hand Marlton something, who is hiding behind a door.

image.png

Perhaps he was building a pocket teleporter of some kind that could make him escape? A device will prove his mental superiority once and for all

4 hours ago, anonymous said:

From what it seems, for Marlton it was his quest for knowledge and general curiosity that drove him there. He learned about Broken Arrow and Nuketown via internet forums. @Boom115 stated that the quotes about him being banished could be related to the companies he works for (perhaps researching nuclear radiation at the site) or, even more likely, something as trivial as a subforum. 

Meanwhile Russman says that Marlton said something that ruined everything +
+"They ask me to leave? I was the one reporting this disgusting behavior! Makes no sense..."
"This has taken so much time that Russman's sins have finally caught with him"
"I used to be a man of learning, now all I do is shoot things! Thanks a ton Russman!"+
"I'd like very much to return this device to my lab but for the fact that I no longer have a lab, or a home"
+ Earlier references. 

And that's just the PaP quotes... 

Also Russman took the bus from Nuketown zombies (You hear the bus in nuketown + timeline says he took the bus from a broken arrow facility).
Also giant drill. AO and Tag are just not Treyarch's vision. It's just an approximation. 

Archived