Broken Arrow: connecting Buried and Origins?

anonymous

• Moderators

In the latest Podcast der Toten, Rad, Mattzs and Tac notice the odd yet striking similarity between the Excavation Drill in Origins and the one at Groom Lake. One could speculate that either one of the parties, Broken Arrow or Group 935, inspired the other. Logically, as Group 935 is an organization being active prior to Broken Arrow, you might argue that it was G935 that came up with the design originally, being backwards developed in the Cold War by the Broken Arrow program. However, I’m of the opinion that it was rather reversed. Enjoy this thread!

Blueprints for Nuketown Broken Arrow Drill : CODZombies

I always found the name Origins a bit twisted. Chronologically it is the first map taking place, in 1918, and it is the beginning of the voyage of Primis, however there is a reason this map has been released after we got our entire storyline from Nacht to Buried. Forget time and chronology, as in the Zombies Storyline it is merely an insignificant and manipulative dimension. So imagine every universe having it’s own linear timeline: Origins in Dimension 63 could only have happened after Maxis’ endgame in Buried, which takes place in 2035. It was due to Maxis harnessing the Rift’s energy, reaching Agartha and drawing Samantha’s soul into it, that caused Samantha to speak freely to our four heroes in Origins. So the entire Original Timeline already happened, including Broken Arrow drilling 115 in Nevada, before Samantha could travel through space and time to Excavation Site 64 in D63.

Keep this in mind while we go to Buried. Why, you might ask, well I believe the key to this story lays underneath the Angolan plains. From Tag der Toten [Spoilers incoming], we know that Buried has been subject to a Group 935 expedition in 1942. Obtaining Richtofen’s knowledge post-war, both the United States and the Soviet Union had shown their interest in Angola. It is shortly appearing in the campaign of Black Ops II, but the Angolan Civil War was actually one of the major proxy wars during the Cold War. After a relatively short civil war between the communist MPLA and anti-communist UNITA, MPLA established control over Angola, becoming the official new Angolan government. This was, however, just the beginning. Similar to the Afghan Mujahedeen and Nicaraguan Contras, the CIA financially backed UNITA in their fight against the communists. The Soviet Union did the same for the MPLA, selling weapons and vehicles to combat the guerrillas. Warcrimes were committed by both sides of the conflict. During the next decades of bloody civil war, the MPLA controlled most of the urban west side of the country, also home to the nation’s capital, while UNITA established control in the deep wilderness at the east of Angola, coincidentally the area that contained a lot of diamonds. When the Western powers decided to stop funding UNITA, the rebels could keep buying arms with the profit of selling their so-called ‘blood diamonds’. This until Resolution 1295 was adopted by the United Nations in the year 2000, restricting the blood diamonds to enter the free market.

ANGOLA DIAMOND MINE surface structures Catoca Diamond Editorial ...February 27 Field Trip: Catoca diamond mine | Angola Field Group

I’m of the opinion that the names of all Black Ops II Victis maps are somehow related to Broken Arrow. ‘Green Run’ referencing to the Hanford Site and perhaps the exposure of the area with 115 isotopes by Broken Arrow to test how to detect Ascension Group facilities in the Soviet Union. ‘Great Leap Forward’ obviously refers to the disastrous industrialization of China but also to the Broken Arrow facility that is located in Manchuria, and perhaps the Great Leap Forward was how Broken Arrow got their entry into China. That leaves us with Resolution 1295, and I am convinced this site has something to do with Broken Arrow as well. Did they enlist UNITA’s help in forming the Livingstone Mine?

Processing - "Buried" soundtrack (Black ops 2 zombies) - YouTube

That’s where we head next, the Livingstone Mine, the large mining complex stationed on top of the buried town Purgatory Point and close to the Rift. Additional evidence for Broken Arrow’s influence at the area is the fact that we can play as CIA and CDC agents in Borough, the Grief/Turned version of Buried (note how they were also present at the Hanford Site and Nuketown). What’s more, Russman actually leads the Victis crew to the Rift. A homeless man with a broken memory, but yet he knows that the Rift holds some relevance. This must have something to do with his former employment at Broken Arrow.

"That's more than just a hole in the ground, that's The Rift." - Russman

The mining complex and the Rift is based upon the real existing Catoca diamond mine in Angola. From the Portuguese Wikipedia I’ve learned that Catoca began in 1992, so surely this mining complex doesn’t age from WW2 (a.k.a. it wasn’t built by Richtofen and his fellas). 1992 also perfectly fits with the time UNITA’s blooddiamond business was still running, so I assume it was around that time that Broken Arrow started researching the Rift. Keep in mind that they created the Denizens, creatures able to artificially form portals, in 2025, so in the 90s they must have been deep in the time travel research and development already. Perhaps the Denizens even have been engineered with knowledge acquired while studying the Rift.

One of the biggest mysteries and plotholes in my opinion is Sophia’s mention of Broken Arrow in the Agonia Fracture, saying that they showed Maxis how to open new world. Maxis subsequently seems to have been vanished, possibly to Zero Base or the Empty Earth.

And here's to Broken Arrow and to opening new worlds” – Pernell

Broken Arrow’s purpose and potency was much larger than that of Group 935 due to it (a) existed in a more advanced and modern time and (b) existed for a much longer period. Returning to the Rift, I occasionally have thought of it to be the manifestation of some link with D63, or more specifically Origins. Ultimately, the Rift’s energy led to Samantha’s appearance in Origins, and Origins is the subsequent map of Buried, as stated earlier. Another note I’d like to make is the appearance of that weird wormhole-like thing in the sky above Excavation Site 64, and the fact it is never really explained. Could there be a literal gateway between Angola and Northern France?

Look up at the sky on the zombies map origins from Black Ops 2 ...

In 1916, Group 935 obtain Pablo’s diary and in early 1917, they start digging at the Dig Site in Northern France. Now here’s the thing that this thread is about: Was there exchange of knowledge between Broken Arrow and D63’s Group 935? Did Broken Arrow give the blueprints of the Excavation Drill to them, did they learn them about robots and other weaponry? We know that, unlike the original Group 935, Maxis wasn’t the founder and leader of D63’s Group 935. Does “The Giant is in France” mean that Group 935’s headquarter was at Excavation Site 64, in the proximity of the contact with Broken Arrow? I could even see a scenario where it was Broken Arrow that made Group 935 find Pablo’s diary, leading them to the Excavation Site. After all, in Alpha Omega we learn about Broken Arrow’s awareness of the 115 deposit in Northern France.

I’m not unique in making a theory about D63’s Group 935 being influenced by external parties. Cal has made a thread about the possibility of it being the Illuminati behind this (https://www.callofdutyzombies.com/topic/202295-the-illuminati-intellectual-pretenders-or-inter-dimensional-puppetmasters/), and I can even see a possibility where Broken Arrow becomes the Illuminati. Their first step to a New World Order could be cooperation with communist countries’ experimental 115 R&D groups which begins with the meeting at the Pentagon during Five. Maybe Broken Arrow always was an international organization, just like Group 935. Eventually they expended their sphere of influence even beyond the borders of their universe, to Dimension 63 and later back to the Original Universe, when it was overwritten by the Agonia fracture. There also is that mysterious newspaper showing the Group 601 logo along with ‘Krieg mit Serbien’ and something about Excavation Site 64: Has Group 601 some role in this as well?

Still, why would Broken Arrow help the German warmachine? A likely reason could be the Butterfly Effect, the idea that a small change in history can lead to large differences in the later world. Who knows what Broken Arrow’s agenda was, but what is sure is that if they really helped Group 935, they did so in their own advantage. An organization that advanced that it could invent an Artificial Intelligence system like RUSHMORE in the 60s surely is capable of inventing some kind of quantum supercomputer, capable of calculating probabilities and providing the optimal course of history.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Primis Richtofen says in Origins he got the idea for the ray gun in a dream,
so it may be the case that the first drill comes from the original dimension. 

I am a firm believer that the Buried rift is in a "bubble", and that Richtofen wants to mend the rift
to prevent Apothicons and/or keepers to access the original dimensions, similarly to SoE. 

The Shadowman says this in SoE:

Your world, as it was, is still here. It's shifted slightly, wrenched from its rightful place.
Many of the souls, who inhabited it, have succumbed to the... darkness.
There are echoes in themselves, trapped in a fractured shadow of reality.

Recall that SoE started as a (115) meteor shower, which ties back to this post.

You have to recall that Origins Samantha lures Primis Richtofen and Maxis to open the Origins gateway and to close the cycle. 
It starts with Pablo's diary luring group 935 to the mound, then continued as group of soldiers play a song by "La Source Noire" (the dark source),
by "Chance or fate alone", and open the seal:

It is by chance or fate alone that we unlocked the seal to the main chamber. Repeated efforts to use brute force proved ineffective and left the men exhausted and frustrated. In an effort to alleviate the tension, one of the soldiers brought a gramophone to the chamber along with a recording by a group of performers known as "La Source Noire". To our astonishment, as we listened to the first few bars of music, the seal itself began to open. I cannot help but wonder if other such recordings may similarly reveal other areas of the catacombs.

Russman is familiar with rifts, as Broken arrow really wanted to open new worlds, or in other words, open rifts. However they found that opening the Groom Lake rift is dangerous.
It is possible that in the original dimension (and the original story plan), the Origins mound has arrived underneath Groom's lake
(hence the massive deposits of element 115), and that the Avogadro needed the element 115 to maintain his electrical form, even at the cost
of activating the drill and opening a gateway that would unleash "the source".
image.png
image.png

As I've reasoned before, Stu quotes from Tranzit tell us that this rift may lead to Atlantis, and that the Victis crew were supposed to take part in these events.

The Die Rise radio, the first to talk about Broken Arrow in the first place, tells us that a bomb has been dropped in the main Broken Arrow facility. 

Recon 5, this is Saber 10. Our sweep failed to find evidence of any survivors on site. Broken Arrow is not viable for new FOB (Foward Operating Base)." ... "That's a negative sir, records appear to have been destroyed in a fire prior to the facility being overrun." ... "Sir, we believe staff may have been trying to destroy evidence implicating them in the outbreak." ... "Understood sir, confirmed drop in T-5. Retreating to safe distance

It is possible that the main Broken Arrow Facility here is Groom Lake.

Victis, being present at Nuketown, gets separated-
Stuh and Misty find their own ways. 

While Marlton gets into the bunker, Russman doesn't manage to, and takes the bus from Nuketown (hence you hear it in the map.
image.png

image.png

Russman's memory has the biggest problem, as he barely remembers his own name. 
Marlton's quotes from Nuketown also tell us that HE was the one that was supposed to be fired:

They ask me to leave? I was the one reporting this disgusting behavior! Makes no sense...

What an interminable waste. Just because one is different is not a valid excuse to simply banish him.

Marlton also seems affected by the powers of the APD: 

This device will prove my mental superiority once and for all.

The synchronic forces contained herein shall make me unstoppable!

Seems like Marlton has reported Russman and Pernell's work, and as a result got disbanded from Broken Arrow.
Later, Marlton would tell Russman the opposite as a part of his tremendous anger.
It is possible that under this anger, and influence of Aetherial voices, he has lead to the creation of the Avogadro,
proving that Pernell's and Russman's actions are really dangerous. 
This story is quite similar to the story of Gersh. 

• Moderators

@RichKiller Well in Alpha Omega we can confirm that Marlton isn't a Broken Arrow member but more like an internet geek like us that started researching the abandoned Groom Lake facility in the middle of the desert. You raise a good point about Russman having a broken memory and Marlton also being at a BA facility. Maybe indeed the one manipulated the other. However, in the Buried intro it looks like Russman and Stuh were already in the bus, and they gave a helping hand to Misty and Marlton by stopping the bus and teaming up with them. But at the same time, we kniw Marlton initially was at Groom Lake...weird. Maybe he found a teleporter to Hanford, since that's also a BA facility, where he met up with Misty. Russman, instead, took the bus which was programmed to automatically drive to another BA facility (Hanford). During the way, he bumbed upon Stuhlinger, and once arrived at Hanford he met Misty and Marlton. In the Buried intro, Misty says that they met Russman in town, but perhaps Marlton already met him in Groom Lake. 

Quite neat actually, it does explain why Russ and Stuh are buddies and Misty and Marlton like each other: It are the duos who have known each other for the longest time.

Actually, thinking about it, Marlton must have seen Russman in Groom Lake, as he is the one in the Buried intro who reminds Russman that he worked for Broken Arrow.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, anonymous said:

@RichKiller Well in Alpha Omega we can confirm that Marlton isn't a Broken Arrow member but more like an internet geek like us that started researching the abandoned Groom Lake facility in the middle of the desert. You raise a good point about Russman having a broken memory and Marlton also being at a BA facility. Maybe indeed the one manipulated the other. However, in the Buried intro it looks like Russman and Stuh were already in the bus, and they gave a helping hand to Misty and Marlton by stopping the bus and teaming up with them. But at the same time, we kniw Marlton initially was at Groom Lake...weird. Maybe he found a teleporter to Hanford, since that's also a BA facility, where he met up with Misty. Russman, instead, took the bus which was programmed to automatically drive to another BA facility (Hanford). During the way, he bumbed upon Stuhlinger, and once arrived at Hanford he met Misty and Marlton. In the Buried intro, Misty says that they met Russman in town, but perhaps Marlton already met him in Groom Lake. 

Quite neat actually, it does explain why Russ and Stuh are buddies and Misty and Marlton like each other: It are the duos who have known each other for the longest time.

Actually, thinking about it, Marlton must have seen Russman in Groom Lake, as he is the one in the Buried intro who reminds Russman that he worked for Broken Arrow.

Spoiler, click to open contents

First, you have the quotes

They ask me to leave? I was the one reporting this disgusting behavior! Makes no sense...

What an interminable waste. Just because one is different is not a valid excuse to simply banish him.

So he seemingly was fired. 

Also there's a huge hate between Marlton and Russman. So take that in mind, it didn't come out of anywhere. 

The timeline says there's a delay of 10 years between Nuketown zombies and Stuh and Russman meeting up, so
I don't see why Russman couldn't have taken the bus from Groom Lake, then met Stuh later. 
image.png

Marlton was rumbling about the same thing he blames Russman for.
Russman doesn't even know his name, and with the hate of Marlton for Russman there's a good chance it's a revenge on Russman:
He reported the problems in research in hope Russman will take the hit, and got it instead, so that's his twisted way to "fix" it. 

Marlton's story in AO is either one of these storyline changes or he just lied. He was in the bunker hiding from a nuke which was triggered due to the drilling, that has started just after the creation of the avogrado by Broken Arrow. Marlton's Alibi doesn't add up.

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, RichKiller said:

The timeline says there's a delay of 10 years between Nuketown zombies and Stuh and Russman meeting up, so
I don't see why Russman couldn't have taken the bus from Groom Lake, then met Stuh later. 
image.png

Sorry for being unclear, yes I agree with this. I think R & S teamed up and later met M&M in Hanford. Marlton initially was indeed in Groom Lake and he might have met Russman, but I can assure you that he aint Broken Arrow because of what we hear/see in Alpha Omega. Coincidence that he popped up later in Hanford, eh? Maybe he used a telepad to teleport to Tranzit, another Broken Arrow base?

Also, in the Buried intro we see Russ got homeless in a city, presumable NY due to the yellow taxis. Did he went to Nevada right after the moon missle impact?

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

but I can assure you that he aint Broken Arrow because of what we hear/see in Alpha Omega. 

You know what is my stand on AO and Tag. 

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

in the Buried intro we see Russ got homeless in a city

This section is either 1) a false memory 2) out-of-context memory from the other outbreak in the non-main Broken Arrow facility (again, Marlton messes up with Russman's memory). 
image.png

Russman might not even be his real name, recall "Brock Russman". 

Then again you have the Stuh quotes that tell you he has seen the drill, at least from below. 
It's not a coincidence.

Archived