Taking Inventory Pt. 3 | Podcast Der Toten

• Moderators

Come check out the latest Podcast Der Toten, the official CoDz podcast, featuring myself, @Mattzs, and @Tac. In this week's episode, we continue our look back at Group 935 facilities and talk about what makes each of them unique, and how they fit into Group 935's grander vision.

What's the deal with Nacht? Where or what is Kustover Posten? Was Buried a 115 depository before the Western Town arrived? Post a comment below!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Nice one, something even inspired me to create a thread soon. I hven't got the possibility to watch the final two station, Küstover and Stalingrad, but hope time allows me soon. Here are my quick sidenotes thus far:

Nacht

I'm all on board with the idea this facility was something aircraft related - whether it is Rad's Tesla coil/anti-aircraft theory or the idea of the airfield being a test site for the Nazi Vril Saucer. I'm no fan of the idea of 'temporal displacement' being the reason of the bunker's appearance in Tranzit: Maybe the structural similarity is indeed due to it being a marine testing site or it's just coincidence. Note that there are no wallwritings here. It's also interesting how Marlton says, upon entering the bunker, something along the lines of "I dont want to remember this place". Maybe his father was an operative at Group 935 active at the Airfield?

Origins

Theory coming soon

Buried

The Livingstone mining complex resembles Catoca mine, aging from 1992. I therefore don't think this was built by Group 935, but rather by either the UNITA (funded by the Western powers) or the MPLA (funded by the USSR). Blooddiamants was mostly a UNITA thing, though, and combining this with Russman's (and Broken Arrow's) knowledge about the Rift I am inclined to believe this mining facility was built by the US, CIA or even Broken Arrow. Interesting enough, in Revelations Buried we see a German radio and some old-fashioned mining tools like a pickaxe, so I think this is a shot from the Group 935 / 1942 Buried. Also, concerning the teleporting western town I don't think Jeb Brown's "Pack-a-Punch incident" and temporal rifts coincidentally took place at the same time: I think the Pack-a-Punch incident was the reason for the town to become isolated in space-time, and the temporal rift allowed the town to be "barfed out" in Angola. Because the temporal rift occurs independant of time, for the residents of Purgatory Point it seemed to happen at the same time (similar to how Ultimis perceives a teleportation through time as timeless).

42 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I'm no fan of the idea of 'temporal displacement' being the reason of the bunker's appearance in Tranzit

I totally understand where it's coming from but here is the thing:
We already have maps that have been in two locations:
Shangri la - Himalayas/Mars
CoTD - Siberia/Phobos
Buried - West of US/Angola

Origins- France / Great war (Mars/Infinity)

Whether you'd like to call it 'temporal displacement' or not is a different thing.
But it's a part of the story and we need to embrace it. 

• Moderators

3 hours ago, RichKiller said:

I totally understand where it's coming from but here is the thing:
We already have maps that have been in two locations:
Shangri la - Himalayas/Mars
CoTD - Siberia/Phobos
Buried - West of US/Angola

Origins- France / Great war (Mars/Infinity)

Whether you'd like to call it 'temporal displacement' or not is a different thing.
But it's a part of the story and we need to embrace it. 

Yeah but all teleported locations have a reason to be weird: Shangri La has the ancient temple mercury vortex system that allows the Lost City to teleport during an Eclipse, Tunguska is a special location that seems to be within some kind of bubble and Buried has the reasons stated in earlier comment. I would agree Nacht has a special role, and Rad rightfully noted that in BO3, it's described as "suspended in space", but a random temporal rift teleporting one familiar place to another seems unlikely to me. Adding to this, unlike e.g. Buried's town, Nacht in Tranzit seems to perfectly fit in it's environment with its wall around it. Furthermore it lacks wallwritings and has Volkswagen cars rather than Tiger II tanks and Nazi trucks around it. I would prefer the idea of this building being a copy, rather than being exactly the same as in German occupied Europe (being teleported). And still, I hold the option for coincidence open

• Moderators
4 hours ago, anonymous said:

Also, concerning the teleporting western town I don't think Jeb Brown's "Pack-a-Punch incident" and temporal rifts coincidentally took place at the same time: I think the Pack-a-Punch incident was the reason for the town to become isolated in space-time, and the temporal rift allowed the town to be "barfed out" in Angola. Because the temporal rift occurs independant of time, for the residents of Purgatory Point it seemed to happen at the same time (similar to how Ultimis perceives a teleportation through time as timeless).

That's a good way of looking at it. @Mattzs that might satisfy the confusion.

On Nacht there really is so little we truly know about the Hanford site, but it's highly possible that the concentration of 115 there and the experiments caused Nacht to appear where it did, and it was left in disrepair over the years. The lack of chalk writing might be due to weathering over time, or it was writing placed there by Monty which disappeared over time. Frankly I doubt we'll ever truly come to a consensus on just what the hell Nacht as a location is about, and I think that is the intention given its status as the first, and most simple in appearance, map.

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

a random temporal rift teleporting one familiar place to another seems unlikely to me. Adding to this, unlike e.g. Buried's town, Nacht in Tranzit seems to perfectly fit in it's environment with its wall around it. Furthermore it lacks wallwritings and has Volkswagen cars rather than Tiger II tanks and Nazi trucks around it.

So with things like this, I like unifying reasons. The idea of the eclipse being related is good, but I don't think it's the full answer. 

Take in mind that one of the Moon rockets with the black eggs hit the area near Buried (leading to the rift near Buried), so it's very much not a random place.

The idea of temporal rifts is set in stone:
image.png

Which brings me to an argument I have yet to express:

I remind you that the Nevada base, AKA Groom lake, includes both Nuketown and Moon's starting area. 

maxresdefault.jpg

image.png

Groom lake is on Venus.

Let this sink in then continue on reading. 

Some places in the zombies storyline are intertwined. At extreme conditions, a duality of locations occurs, bringing locations closer in space-time. 
The unifying explanation to the temporal rifts are significant astrological events: Eclispe, a planet gets shattered and fractured, etc. 

Marlton survives the direct hit of the earth-shattering rocket because when the rocket hits the earth,
the area simply traverses itself to its next natural location, which happens to be Venus. 

The drill has been in Groom's lake ever since 1963, but it has become active only in 2025.

image.png

Drilling in Groom Lake is dangerous at best, probably due to "the source".
The drill was there at 1963 but it has not been constantly active.
It has been suggested that Venus is the homeland of the ones below creation.
The drilling has probably triggered something related to "la source noire",
resulting in an activation of a nuke to destroy it. 

Archived