Pernell's Transmission | Podcast Der Toten

• Moderators

Come check out the latest Podcast Der Toten, the official CoDz podcast, featuring myself, @Mattzs, and @Tac. In this week's episode, we look back to the first significant radio in the Zombies Storyline, Pernell's Transmission from Shi No Numa.

What is the purpose of the Tunguska coordinates? What was the experiment being moved? Why did Peter need to rendezvous at the Rising Sun Facility? Post a comment below!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
38 minutes ago, RichKiller said:

Thought the experiment is that "elemental shard"

Well actually, that could make sense for the Tunguska coordinates at the end ("You must know by now that we failed to contain the asylum, that we had to move the experiment here. Location. The numbers will guide you"). That would mean, however, that the Americans knew about the Elemental Shard, wheras this seems to be something Richtofen found in [SPOILERS]

Spoiler

TAG DER TOTEN SPOILERS

Richtofen: "The appearance of the spy last month has inspired me to review the blacksmith's schematics, the Agarthan Device and its three components: the Vril Vessel, the Apothicon blood und the Elemental Shard. The instructions to creating the Elemental Shard have my interest... piqued. Four human souls merged with Element 115, not that I'm trying to brag but this may be something in mein wheelhouse."

This radio was recorded on August 28th, 1945, which is before Pernell's transmission but still.....this doesn't sound like something the Americans knew about, let alone working on it. Then again, we got another [SPOILERS] in a Classified cipher.

Spoiler

Classified Spoilers

"I've had my men examine all materials acquired from Division 9 n 1946 and have been unable to find the elemental shard."

How much did Colonel Sawyer knew about this Shard?

10 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Well actually, that could make sense for the Tunguska coordinates at the end ("You must know by now that we failed to contain the asylum, that we had to move the experiment here. Location. The numbers will guide you"). That would mean, however, that the Americans knew about the Elemental Shard, wheras this seems to be something Richtofen found in [SPOILERS]

Spoiler, click to open contents

This radio was recorded on August 28th, 1945, which is before Pernell's transmission but still.....this doesn't sound like something the Americans knew about, let alone working on it. Then again, we got another [SPOILERS] in a Classified cipher.

Spoiler, click to open contents

How much did Colonel Sawyer knew about this Shard?

Sawyer and Pernell know very well the shard:

CLASSIFIED

11th July 1961

MEMORANDUM FOR SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

SUBJECT: DIVISION 9 ACQUISITION AND THE ELEMENTAL SHARD

I’ve had my men examine all materials acquired from Division 9 in 1946 and have been unable to find the elemental shard. According to our records it was on the original manifest for the formal acquisition of materials and verified as delivered. So I’m more than a little perplexed as to where it’s ended up. I see two possibilities:

1) It was lost/destroyed in transit which seems highly unlikely given both it’s size and density

2) It was intentionally taken by a specified individual and is being kept from us. As to who might have taken it, I have my suspicions. For several years Groom Lake was our primary storage for all Division 9 materials.

Perhaps Pernell may have answers as to the fate of the elemental shard.

--Colonel Sawyer

Archived