Call of Duty 2020 Viral

NaBrZHunter

• Administrators

Alright team, let's get to work. 

We've got intel inbound from the WarZone. Maybe a good place to start is to take it back to the BlackOut numbers station. Otherwise, maybe it's in WarZone similar to the way the Infinite Warfare teaser was in Nuk3town.

Modern Warfare Patch Notes - Suspected Treyarch Teaser at the bottom:

https://www.infinityward.com/news/2020-05/MW_Patch_Notes_May_18

UPDATES

• The dots/lines at the bottom of the post are UI flair, and are included in previous MW Patch notes. Confirmed irrelevant. Thanks, @WaterKH, @Greer
  • In WarZone: Phones are now ringing and bunkers are now accessible
  • Sealed boxes were delivered to high-profile community members
  • The boxes contained slide projectors ans slides featuring ciphers, maps, and more
  • pawntakespawn.com (see screenshot below)

525612fd4dbcf82ca7c9c28a712f5a23.jpg

PawnTakesPawn.com

PawnTakesPawn.com/TV

Phones:

Bunkers: 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

My current hypothesis is this teaser is related to Warzone and either a new map or changes to the current map are coming. Almost Fortnite style in the sense of an in-game event changing things, so this may be related to the inaccessible bunkers around the map. Maybe a nuke goes off or something!

• Administrators

It may be WarZone related, and @The Meh found some info that may refer to British protocols, so there's some indication of a false alarm; however, a reference to a numbers station on the 10th Anniversary of Black Ops, knee deep into the viral season? I'm holding onto hope.

• Moderators

I don't fully seem to understand it yet. It's about this part?

"Number station <redacted> is Protocol Yellow. Activate <redacted> system. <redacted> is inbound. Awaiting correct authorization."

Has there been mentions of any other number stations besides the Black Ops campaign? Curious how this is shared right after that Black Ops numbers 10 years trailer we got yesterday.

Clearly I misunderstand some points, anyone care to explain?

Also if this has any relevance, I'm gonna post this recently created thread by @RichKiller

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, NaBrZHunter said:

I'm holding onto hope.

? hope is a dangerous thing for cod zombies enthustiasts like us to have, but we have it... we have it ?

(hopefully funny) musical references aside: This years CoD is a bit late in terms of it's reveal. I hope everything is going somewhat ok with the peeps at Treyarch.

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Lenne said:

? hope is a dangerous thing for cod zombies enthustiasts like us to have, but we have it... we have it 

That's some Lana del Rey reference papa @Tac must appreciate.

Now we're all here anyway, what are all yours hopes/expectations about the upcoming Vietnam game, story and gameplay wise? Really hope its gonna be focussed on the cruelty and hell that war is, like the WaW Soviet campaign.

You can access bunker 11 in Warzone by getting 3 numbers from russian broadcast that can be heard from some of the phones scattered around the map.

There are also 10 phones giving morse code numbers. Each phone corresponds a specific number. So by first getting a code for example 628. You need to go and answer the morse code phone 6, 2 and 8 in that order.

After that you can go and open bunker 11. In there you can press a button in a server room to reboot computers/ network.

There is also a "shiny red button" next to a nuke that you can press. I guess after you reboot the server room you have to do something to get a password you can type into the specific computers that are located around the map in order to activate the nuke button.

As a bonus there is a custom MP7 skin in a weapons room in the bunker 11 that you can unlock.

• Moderators
On 5/20/2020 at 12:22 PM, Matuzz said:

You can access bunker 11 in Warzone by getting 3 numbers from russian broadcast that can be heard from some of the phones scattered around the map.

There are also 10 phones giving morse code numbers. Each phone corresponds a specific number. So by first getting a code for example 628. You need to go and answer the morse code phone 6, 2 and 8 in that order.

After that you can go and open bunker 11. In there you can press a button in a server room to reboot computers/ network.

There is also a "shiny red button" next to a nuke that you can press. I guess after you reboot the server room you have to do something to get a password you can type into the specific computers that are located around the map in order to activate the nuke button.

As a bonus there is a custom MP7 skin in a weapons room in the bunker 11 that you can unlock.

Oehhh sounds like we must hunt to a code then... Good to see ya again @Matuzz! Are the numbers pronounced in English or Russian btw?

• Moderators
On 5/19/2020 at 5:32 PM, anonymous said:

what are all yours hopes/expectations

I hope it is well optimised as in no glitches, no crashes, not taking up 100 GB out of the box and another additional 100 further down the line.

I expect nothing of the above, but I do expect a fresh start with some great new ideas. If some form of zombies is in there, don't do aether, don't do chaos, do something new, Treyarch.

I also want a sick soundtrack and basically a great mix between WaW and BO1 in regards to campaign and in MP I want some good maps with no safe spaces. 

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Lenne said:

I hope it is well optimised as in no glitches, no crashes, not taking up 100 GB out of the box and another additional 100 further down the line.

I expect nothing of the above, but I do expect a fresh start with some great new ideas. If some form of zombies is in there, don't do aether, don't do chaos, do something new, Treyarch.

I also want a sick soundtrack and basically a great mix between WaW and BO1 in regards to campaign and in MP I want some good maps with no safe spaces. 

Len, I think you completely nailed it here. It feels bad Treyarch never really optimizes their products, and it is actually one of the reasons why I preferred the older games above the newer ones. How can a game with a couple of FPS gamemodes be that much slower, laggier and storage space inefficient than e.g. a game like RDR2 or GTA 5?

A sick soundtrack is also more important than most would say, I think. Music and sound really makes a game, you know

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
13 hours ago, RichKiller said:

Seems like a new cipher in Warzone is surfacing:

copying my comment from reddit:
"Venona is not a formal cipher but rather a collection of documents of people co-operating with the soviets. Cold war, nuclear weapons, and a very black-opsy choice if you ask me:"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venona_project

Cool, is that one newly added or is it just recently discovered? So that Venona Project is involved in Soviet nuclear weaponry? Isn't there a nuclear bomb somewhere in Warzone?

BuZdsGi.png

ely4ggf.jpg

lx9CtcX.png

9qTPLKB.png

jlGXhbH.png

What are those chemical formulas? Initially I thought it might be Barkov's neurotoxin gas from Warzone that was smuggled in Verdansk via the medical shipments of the World Humanitarian Project, but then I remember that was a chlorine gas, right? And there is no chlorine in these formulas

There's more to it. There's a word missing in length of 24, perhaps for the polybius square. It's somehow also related to the Chemical codes. There's more to it but clearly we miss some information, perhaps even pages. 

1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10, 11,  11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 A   _   S   _   A   Y   _   _   _   _   A/I   _   _   _   _   _   L   _   _   _   _   H   _   _
1. Cyanuric acid - CNOH
2. Lithium Tungstate - LiWO
3. Mercury(II) acetate - CHOHg
4. Aluminum oleate - CHAlO
5. Tratrazine - CHNNaOS
6. Yttrium(III) sulface octahydrate - YSO
7. Pyrosulfuric acid - HOS
8. Potassium iodate - KIO
9. Silver tetra uoroborate - MISSING (possibly AgBF)
10. Bismuth borate - BBiO
11. 4-Iodoaniline -  ICHNH
12. Potassium hydroxide - KOH
13. Yttrium(III) oxide - YO
14. Lithium aluminum hydride - LiAlH (might be LAH)
15. Furosemide - CHClNOS
16. Iodine monofluoride - IF
17. Arsenic oxybromide - AsBr
18. Potassium thiocyanate - KSCN
19. Hydroxycarbamide -     CHNO
20. Barium carbonate - BaCO
21. Sulfamethoxazole -     CHNOS
22. Thallium(I) hydroxide - TlOH
23. Beryllium nitrate - BeNO
24. Magnesium hydroxide - MgOH
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

New leaks from the "Red Door" alpha on the Xbox Store.

Campaign mission codenames are as follows:

ger_stakeout

nam_armada

nam_prisoner

nic_revolution

rus_amerika

rus_duga

rus_kgb

rus_siege

rus_yamantau

(sidemission) tundra

(sidemission) takedown

takedown

Multiplayer map codenames are:

"black sea"

"cartel"

"KGB"

"Miami"

"Moscow"

"Satellite"

"Tank"

"Tundra"

Warzone map zones are:

Duga

Forest

Russia

Ski Slopes

Lastly, a zombie map is codenamed "Silver". BO4's maps after launch were codenamed different colors, so could mean this map was originally intended for BO4 or they are just keeping up the naming convention.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

New leaks from the "Red Door" alpha on the Xbox Store.

Campaign mission codenames are as follows:

Multiplayer map codenames are:

Warzone map zones are:

Lastly, a zombie map is codenamed "Silver". BO4's maps after launch were codenamed different colors, so could mean this map was originally intended for BO4 or they are just keeping up the naming convention.

What?! A zombie map?! Oh boy, I honestly thought they were skipping this year. Cant wait to crawl into the new story!

Does Warzone maps have anything to do with Warzone, the game?

I'm also strangely curious to Black Sea and Miami. Do you think those areas are represented in Campaign as well? Also, DUGA has been part of conspiracies as well, do you think were going that road again?

• Moderators

Campagin

ger_stakeout

Spoiler

Takes place in Germany, probably Berlin since that is the place that has the most ties to the Cold War. My best guess is that it is either about gathering enemy intelligence via spying in Eastern Berlin, or about escaping from East to West Berlin via the Berlin Wall.

nam_armada

Spoiler

The fact it is Vietnam means this game takes place before 1975. Armada mostly refers to a large military fleet. During the Vietnam War, the US controlled most of the sea and the Vietcong didn't had any large ships, so a battle on sea seems unlikely to me. Perhaps it is a 'non-fighting' mission like U.S.D.D. in Black Ops I. Another possibility is that we ignore history and that a large naval battle between the US and for example Chinese supported Vietcong ships occurs. Another possibility is that Armada doesn't refer to a big group of ships, but rather to a big group of helicopters, a picture that was very familiar in the Vietnam War.

nam_prisoner

Spoiler

Whatever happened in previous mission, it seems like the main character got captured and became a POW of the Vietcong. The Hoa Lo Prison, a.k.a. Hanoi Hilton, was infamous for it's cruel treatment towards captured US soldiers. However, it could also be a reference to a 'Cage Prison', like the one we see in the movie Deer Hunter. These were no large prison buildings or something, these were small cages barely big enough to contain a prisoner. It could be found at any regular Vietcong outpost in the jungle. Whatever type of prison it was, I'm sure this mission features the breakout of the main character.

nic_revolution

Spoiler

Quite interesting, a mission taking place in Nicuargua. As the game is about the CIA, I initially thought this was going to be about the arms deal between the CIA and the anti-communist Contras, however then I realized this wasn't untill 1980. As the game is set during the Vietnam War, I guess 'Revolution' refers to the revolution of the communists against the Somoza regime in the 1970s. Also, do you know what Nicaraguan lost his parents in 1973? Raul Menendez, main antagonist of Black Ops II

rus_amerika

Spoiler

A mission named Amerika set in Soviet Russia. My first guess is that it takes place in a 'Fake-American Town' which were built in the Soviet Union to train KGB spies to adapt to the American way of live in order to easily infiltrate in the American society. Rad noted that it could also be a nod to the Germanization of the name 'America', in the context of depicting the US as Fascist Nazi's as a communist propaganda tool. I'd like to add to this, however, that often in english games and movies, Russian writing, if not depicted with it's original Cyrillic wording, is depicted with all C's being replaced with K's in order to make it look Russian. I therefore still think the fake American town could be a possbility, with the name of the village being Amerika.

rus_duga

Spoiler

There were two DUGA radars, one built in Northern Ukraine (close to Chernobyl) and one built in Eastern Siberia. It was a warning system for ballistic missles but it disrupted radio and television broadcasts worldwide. Conspiracies say it's real purpose was mind- and weather control.

rus_kgb

Spoiler

Could be anything, really. The HQ of the KGB was the Lubyanka Building in Moscow, but this mission could also be set in a random secret facility.

rus_siege

Spoiler

This is a weird name, as sieges occur in full-scale battles and wars, while there was no real war in the Soviet Union ever since WW2. Could there be a possibility that this mission is a flashback to the infamous Siege of Leningrad during WW2? Maybe this is a 'Project Nova'-type of mission, featuring some kind of German wonderweapon?

rus_yamantau

Spoiler

Mount Yamantau, located in the Ural mountains, was a huge nuclear bunker alongside a closed military town. In the Black Ops I campagin, it was also the site that manifactured the deadly Nova-6 gas.

(sidemission) tundra

Spoiler

Could be about a secret underground bunker in the Tunda, or could be about sabotaging an oil pipe or something. There was also a nuclear test in the Alaskan tundra. Honestly I have no idea.

(sidemission) takedown

Spoiler

No idea

takedown

Spoiler

Sounds like the final mission. Take down the main antagonist.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

So its real now, huh?

Pawntakespawn.com/tv

What are you speculations about this? And regarding Zombies? We know there is a zombie map codenamed 'silver', do you think it is Aether or another story? Ties with Warzone or thr MW story perhaps?

One box the youtubers received from Treyarch had '935' in its code. Tac also noted yesterday that the movie "Pawn Sacrifice", about the 1972 chess game, has a duration of 115 minutes.

Archived