'Him' and the morse codes

anonymous

• Moderators

A small year after Alpha Omega’s release, we got acquinted with the idea of Pernell being the origins of the Avogadro, the electrified neuron system. A sample of him was being tranferred via the pyramid device in Camp Edward to the power station in Hanford where it was being captured. More on this later, but first let’s note that there are two distinct ways the Avogadro was being transferred:

• ·In the Cycle: This is the Avogadro we encounter in Tranzit, as that map takes place during the Cycle. At July the 6th, the two Broken Arrow scientists Russman and Barkley travel to Camp Edward to transporting a sample of the ‘entity’ Pernell in an efford to “pursue further scientific endeavors wit hit.
  • When the Cycle was broken: Sometime after Russman and Barkley’s action, Primis and Ultimis entered the facility eventually leading to the A.I. system Rushmore transporting a sample of Pernell to Hanford…again. As the radios of Russman and Barkley are present in the map, it appears that a sample already was being send to Hanford. Thus, this ‘broken cycle’ scenario of Alpha Omega results in another transference of a sample.

The Timeline states that on July the 8th, Broken Arrow accidentally createst he Avogadro. Two things can be derived from this: (1) it took two days to form the Avogadro we encounter in Tranzit out of the sample send from Camp Edward and (2) it was created accidentally (in oposition of the Denizens).

We know very little about this entity that is created, but we do know it is different than Pernell’s “ascended” form: It cannot speak and it’s electronic power that can be used to harm players and block areas appears to have decreased. So what is this entity? Can it still be considered as Pernell? Why does it act like it does when we encounter him in Tranzit? 

Not everyone knows about the morse codes at the electricity grids, lights and televisions that can be found across the map in Tranzit: 7 messages have been found in total. I believe 'He' broadcasted these messages, as he was initially trapped in what seems to be the local power plant. Not only that, the morse messages appear instantly after one has turned on the power and thus released 'Him'. Keeping that in mind I'm gonna analyse the morse codes.

1. Energy can only be transformed: A straightforward quote that is mentioned multiple times during the story, relating to the cosmic energy that is present in everything. So why does the Avogadro broadcast this? I think it has to do with his creation, initially being a man made out of matter but the matter being transformed into energy. Subsequently, this energy was transferred to Hanford. Chemical and nuclear reactions, heat, and even electricity are able to transform one form of energy to another using the magnetic lines of force that surround every atom’s nucleus. Now Avogadro's constant stands for the relationship between the amount of particles and the chemical quantity, which I don't see to have any connection with electricity. However, the scientist who came up with the Avogadro constant, Amedeo Avogadro, also performed lesser known experiments regarding electricity, cathodes and anodes, just like Faraday and Tesla. This certainly holds ties with the universal ethereal energy that is present around us and within us. It is also cool to consider that 'Him' has the form of the human neuron system, a system entirely working via electric signals. So maybe, that moment Pernell ascended, the electric energy in his neurons was transformed into this form?
  2. Power is knowledge: Another regular recurring sentence in our story. Could this mean that 'He' knows more than we think. Not only that, it also raises the fact that he is not an unconscious entity pursuing our characters out of some kind of animalistic hate, but rather it is a very aware creature that has been trapped - and suffered - for so long. It's energy has been exploided by Broken Arrow. This makes fighting him even more gruesome in my opinion.
  3. Help me so I can help you: Interesting, as his actions do not really look like he wants to help us. Obviously we helped him by freeing him from his prison in the power station, but after that we constantly try to kill him before he kills us. So in what way does he help us? To understand that we have to move on to another morse code.
  4. Stay close to me: Perhaps this is meant metaphorically, as this message is broadcasted through electricity. Without power, we are nowhere. It can also refer to the previous morse code.
  5. The future is ours to destroy: Read this message again. 'He' already knows the future, and wants to destroy the inevitable. He wants to break the Cycle! I am not sure if he talks about Victis' cycle, or the Cycle in general. But this also explains how he wants to help us. Killing Victis would mean that their cycle would stop.
  6. We shall prevail: 'He' talks in the plural way. Does this regard him and Victis destroying the cycle? Or could "we" refer to the Apothicans, as we know they influenced Pernell's mind. As 'He' is still in the ascended form, it might still have a link with the entities beneath creation.
  7. Go to the light: No idea what this means.
  8. Now this one is unconfirmed, but I found someone commenting in an earlier post on this forum that the actual word 'Avogadro' is also broadcasted via morse. An additional argument for 'Him' being the one whose messages it are.

If these would be messages of the creature captured within the Hanford power grid for so long, it gives us a bit of insight into what it is. We know Richtofen and Sam were omnipotent in the MPD, existing out of the regular universe and overseeing the entire multiverse. Since we know Pernell's ascended form got into existence via the man-made Aether Pyramid, he might have experienced the same. Every time the Victis cycle occurs again, he is still the same. He relives the same events the same time, because he exists out of our dimensional frame.

As stated earlier, I think it is very aware of it's existence and actions, and it likely knows more than brainstewed Victis. The screams one can hear it make sound like it can feel and even have the sensation of pain. Once a human, now a fracture of his essence, still knowing everything, feeling everything. Knowing that it will never return to normal again and the only thing it can do is stopping the cycle. Now keep that in mind next time your friend says "oh no, not that asshole again" when you play a match of Tranzit.

Battle the Avogadro (Electric Man) in Tranzit - Call of Duty ...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I had no idea these existed, and they totally make sense as being from the Avogadro.

I'd like to add his radio whisper quotes in Alpha Omega, which do have some similarities:

Spoiler

“You cannot outrun what is coming for you.”

“I am everything, I am light.”

“Why do you try to escape your fate?”

“Why do you fight the inevitable?”

“There is no escaping my gaze.”

“You must release me. It is your only salvation.”

“I see you for what you are: The beginning, and the end.”

“I will be the bridge between worlds.”

“I know your faces. You have returned to me.”

“I am trapped in darkness. Release me and you shall be rewarded.”

“Agartha will be mine.”

“The prophecy must be fulfilled.”

“Unleash me so I may have my reckoning.”

“Where are you going, little creature?”

“This place is a tomb, me its savior.”

In particular though:

“I am everything, I am light.”

The phrase "Go into the light" means to accept death, which might be the original intention with "Go to the light", but it may be used in a different context here.

Also, in relation to "Energy can only be transformed", Avogadro also says in AO:

“Energy cannot be destroyed. I AM energy.”

Then there's "The future is ours to destroy", which relates to two quotes where he indicates he has seen the future from within the APD:

“Nikolai Belinski. Have you seen your future? I have.”

“I see all things, past and future, and you, Takeo, have no future.”

The future he is referring to could potentially be the breaking of the cycle, and the way that inevitably ends up. By saying the future is ours to destroy, perhaps he is saying we must prevent that future from happening. Not sure though.

• Moderators

These are some close similarities, thanks for the notice! I like your interpretation of the lights part. There also was a person who saw these sentences corresponding with a couple of Biblical verses (knowledge is power, Hosea 4:6; go to the light, John 8:12; stay close to me, Psalm 38; we shall prevail, multiple times).

I'm not familiar with Avogadro's quotes in Alpha Omega and they are actually quite interesting. Its crazy how a person that irrelevant in the entire story still appeared to know just as much as Richthofen and Samantha, as he found himself in a similar position.

So there was a point when Avogadro was in this place, the Aether, seeing and knowing more than a normal human can comprehend. The only thing he couldn't do was escaping the metal structure that imprisoned him in the physical world. 'Him' that we meet in Tranzit most likely knows everything about the Multiverse, the Cycle, etc. Perhaps he was captured in Hanford not only as a power source, but also as a knowledge source. Its also kinda weird how power is activated when we free him, almost like when in the power grid, he blocks/absorbs energy rather than provides it.

I wonder what happened when Rushmore send a second sample of the Avogadro to Hanford, as this happens after July the 6th (the first sample). Why would the scientists in Hanford want this, and why does Rushmore do this?

Archived