83457's BO2 Bot Mode Revisited

This was already posted here 6.5 years ago, but my post was atrociously messy (feel free to delete it). So I'm drawing attention to this mode that I literally still play today.

Edit: This now works on XB1. They fixed the multiple team issue.

Play with a buddy or just bots. It really is fun, give it a try if you want a little BO2 nostalgia.

Concept: 5 two man teams, 1 life per round, multiple rounds to 35 points.

Rules and set up: 

Bots: 1 friendly bot (or real life person), 8 enemy bots (the other 4 two-man teams). Pray your teammate is not shield guy.

Maps: Small only. Highjacked, Slums, Rush, Standoff, Raid, Hydro, Grind, Encore, Studio. Avoid Nuke Town and Carrier because teams spawn in sight of each other (or just accept this issue exists and deal with it).

Team Deathmatch settings as they appear:

Time limit: 1.5 minute rounds. Otherwise it gets boring waiting for bots to find each other if you are dead, this is also why small maps are a must. Most killing is done by this point anyway. Rush to get points, camping is a bad early round play.

Score limit: 35 points.

Teams: 5.

(Hardcore off).

Team Deathmatch Settings: 

Points per kill = 2, Points per death = 1 (minus 1 really), Headshot Bonus Points = 1. Number of Lives = 1. Round Limit = Unlimited.

General Settings (change these to) Team Change in game off, Dynamic Map off, Killcam off, then turn off the last 5 options: Revenge voice, Battlechatter, Announcer, explosive and kill streak delays (these last 2 are important).

Spawn Settings: No necessary changes.

Health and Damage Settings: Health regeneration = None (this is important), Friendly Fire = On. I hate when my bot shoots me, you could leave it off, it isn't usually a big deal.

Custom Classes: CC = Allowed. Selections Allowed = 17 (not the usual 10). Make classes for this mode, suggestions below.

Preset Classes: PC = Global. Set up the 5 Preset Classes with 17 slots (as allowed by Custom Class above). This way, you have 10 classes to choose (5 reg, 5 preset) and any friends that join could just use these for quick play.

That's the set up, here's suggestions;

Don't give up if you get early downs as you can make huge comebacks by eating the winners and staying alive. The game goes to 35, pace yourself.

You'll quickly grasp the spawn areas and find the nearby bots. Get kills quick, you could be 1 of 2 players alive without seeing action if you are too slow.

Class tips: Move fast, light guns, run Sensor Grenades, EMP, Stun, or Shocks, with C4, Semtex, or Claymore lethals. Tac Insert is pointless.

Flak or Lightweight, Toughness and/or Scavenger for more sensors/lethals. Dead Silence and/or Engineer. (Remember, 17 slots).

Killstreaks: Recommend; uav, RCXD (good at round start, round end, or if you are hurt bad), Hunter Killer. Cheap to get (low kills) and effective for the mode.

Save Custom Game.

I hope that someone tries this out for a day and falls in love with it as I have.

Happy Gaming all! -83457

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 5/11/2020 at 10:06 AM, anonymous said:

BO2 multiplayer split screen is just the best. Will give this a try!

Cool beans. I hope that it was fun for a day or more.

Sometimes you get an idiot team bot (if not playing with a friend) or some other team gets great positions and sneaks the wins, but it wouldn't be fun if you always won.

Sensor grenades are a good friend.

Enjoy!

• Moderators
On 6/16/2020 at 11:19 PM, 83457 said:

Cool beans. I hope that it was fun for a day or more.

Sometimes you get an idiot team bot (if not playing with a friend) or some other team gets great positions and sneaks the wins, but it wouldn't be fun if you always won.

Sensor grenades are a good friend.

Enjoy!

Got any favourite map specifically that you like best with this bot mode?

Mostly small maps. I listed them in the first post.

That being said, Raid just 'fits' the mode quite well. Slums, and Standoff come to mind.

Anything small works but Nuketown and Carrier (kind of large) have teams spawn in looking at another team's back or side, so I don't recommend them.

Archived