Tunguska Talk

anonymous

• Moderators

No other location had such a large build-up as Tunguska had. Prior to Call of the Dead's release (while we weren't even certain it was located at Tunguska back then) we already had multiple references to Tunguska.

@Radzakpak showed me yesterday a picture with all possible images that can be seen when going through the teleporter in Der Riese: 

2bvn39jlv6t31.jpg?width=300&height=300

As you can see, one of the images is a clear shot of the lighthouse at Call of the Dead and Tag der Toten. Pretty cool since this was already in World at War, along with that photo of the lighthouse somewhere on the wall in Der Riese. Another thing seen in these teleporter images is the word 'Tunguska'. I am curious if it was already then decided if 'Tunguska' and the lighthouse referred to one and the same..

Call Of The Dead Lighthouse Shown On Der Riese - YouTube

We also got that strangely hidden wallwriting in Shi no Numa saying 'The power will destroy us all" along with "Tunguska'. Does there lay something with power at Tunguska? Instantly reminds me of the Agarthan device, a mechanism which is believed to hold infinite power, which was being built at the Siberian Outpost at Tunguska. It could also be a reference to something written on the Vril map found at Call of the Dead (I presume this was collected by Richtofen in either Africa, Tibet, Moon or perhaps under the ice at Tunguska). It says “When the six -something illegible- are together the power will be ours" which could be connected with Kino's wallwriting "Beware of the 6". There lays dangerous power when connecting the Six. Power that will destroy us all?

Call of the Dead | Nazi Zombies Wiki | Fandom

Lastly, we have encountered the coordinates of Tunguska in both Pernell's radio at Shi no Numa and written on the wall at Verrückt by someone also writing Illuminati language. Actually, Tunguska seems to have been forecasted by all of the World at War maps with the exception of Nacht der Untoten, which is pretty huge in my opinion.

Tunguska Event | Call Of Duty:Nazi Zombies Amino

I will quickly summarize the event at the Tunguska river for those infamiliar with it. On 30 June 1908, an extraterrestrial rock was pulled by gravity with an immense velocity though Earth's atmosphere. It came down in the middle of the frozen taiga of Siberia, near the river Tunguska, in the Russian Empire. From any investigation to this mysterious meteorite before the Russian Revolution is nothing known. Once the Russian Empire became the communistic USSR, or shortly Sovjet Union, expeditions to the impact were funded, in believe that loads of meteoric iron could be salvaged to aid the Sovjet industry. In 1921, the mineralogist Leonid Kulik undertook the first expedition to the Tunguska area. With help of the local Evenki hunters, Kulik and his group achieved to reach an area just South of the impact site. When arriving there, the Evenki hunters would go no farther, fearing for something what they called the "Valleymen". Kulik had to return to the nearby village, and his group was delayed for several days while they sought new guides. The minerals silicate and magnetite were found in the soil around the area, along with a strange metallic element yet unknown on the periodic table. Years later, in the 1930s, it was classified as Element 115, an element with 115 protons in the nucleus.

Tunguska was a major 115 impact site. The extraterrestial metal polluted the Cheko Lake, zombifying every person that died after having drank water from the lake. But why is this location so special and different from the other 115 deposits (Der Riese, Groom Lake, Shangri La, Moon and Bar-le-Duc) that it was forecasted all along in the classic maps? Not only that, we even return to it as CoDZ's final and most important map! For what it seems like in CotD, its a fairly normal Group 935/Sovjet outpost.

Kevin Sherwood released this song, along with an epic video right after Treyarch released their final Aether map.

The clip seems to show the lighthouse WITHIN a celestial object of some sort, appearing similar to the floating object seen during the Shangri-La Eclipse but perhaps being the Tunguska meteor itself. Very odd, in my opinion, and I think it is full of symbolicism.

Then you've also got the 'Big Secret' easter egg in Tag der Toten, showing the nearby surface of Mars, almost like Tag der Toten also takes place at one of Mars' moons (both Deimos and Phobos contain a lot of ice and are believed to store water as well). Following this there is also that quote of Pablo saying that every time he tries to escape the location, he returns to the lighthouse. 

And lastly, the mystery of George. From his and Sally's quotes, it appears he somehow got all the intel about Richtofen and yet he simply decides to make an epic action movie about it? And how does Sally suddenly reach Shangri-La, a long lost city?

In short, it appears that Tunguska has a very important role in the story, besides just being a 115 deposit. And it was not even the first meteor that reached Earth (that was send 5 AD), nor the first that was found by Group 935 (that was the one at Der Riese). So why is Tunguska so important?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I would say it probably has to do with the Elemental Shard. Richtofen crafting the Shard at Siberia is arguably the most important event in the Aether story- it set everything else in motion, and binded the original 4 for eternity. This would make sense with the Shi No Numa writing, as we know that Maxis sent the Elemental Shard to Division 9 after confiscating it from Richtofen.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

I don't know if anyone has a logical explanation for it, but one room in Tag der Toten shows a 115 mine, including minecarts and all. Alongside this, we see the biggest amount of '115 canisters' we've yet seen (the very same canisters we saw in places like Der Eisendrache and Zetsubou no Shima). 

Yesterday I played as Misty who had a quote about "refined 115", which I assume refers to the 115 in canisters. We are familiar with the antigravitational aspects of the element (think about Die Glocke and the floating blue objects we can encounter as debris), so that might be the reason why they canned 115 in those canisters. Question remains, what is this mine in Tag? Why haven't we ever heard about it? How can it provide that much 115? And does it cause the blue vines?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

I don't know if anyone has a logical explanation for it, but one room in Tag der Toten shows a 115 mine, including minecarts and all. Alongside this, we see the biggest amount of '115 canisters' we've yet seen (the very same canisters we saw in places like Der Eisendrache and Zetsubou no Shima). 

Yesterday I played as Misty who had a quote about "refined 115", which I assume refers to the 115 in canisters. We are familiar with the antigravitational aspects of the element (think about Die Glocke and the floating blue objects we can encounter as debris), so that might be the reason why they canned 115 in those canisters. Question remains, what is this mine in Tag? Why haven't we ever heard about it? How can it provide that much 115? And does it cause the blue vines?

My assumption is the Tunguska event spread 115 across a wider range than just the crater, and a large amount of it is in the Siberian Facility. The base very well may have been set up there to mine it in the first place.

Archived