BO2 Cut Gamemodes are found! (Race & Meat audio files found by Galaxy)

If you remember back in the old days, BO2 had cut gamemdoes for zombies that were cut in-late development.. Grief was in for launch and Turned made it in DLC 1. Apparently if you remember this screenshot, Meat was one of the few examples that were cut along with Race. But the good news is that someone managed to get Race & Meat audio files from the BO2 Pre Alpha builds. 

Credit goes to Galaxy for managing to dig up early BO2 Builds: Meat and Race Game Mode Announcer Quotes (Call of Duty Black Ops 2: Cut Content)

Note that these are voice placeholders but I love the placeholder's imitation on Richtofen's voice.

Anyways here are Richtofen Quotes on the introduction on Race & Meat

Race- "Why hello my pretties it is I, Richtofen! Welcome to race the object is simple. Kill the necessary amount of zombies to open your door and progress to the end. First team to make it wins."

Meat- "Hey there willing participants welcome to meat! The rules are easy when the meat drops you've finally reached manhood. I mean grab it throw it don't get caught with it. Zombies will only attack you if your side has the meat don't die and you might just win. Feel free to kick it too my pretties."

Meat #2- "Hello it's me Richtofen. Welcome to Meat! The rules are simple. When the meat drops grab it and throw it. Zombies will attack the side who has the meat. If you do not throw it in time you will die. Fun! Oh, feel free to run up and kick it too. Meat is about to begin.

Hopefully BO2 Mod Tools relives these ideas (as it's been a thing by a group working hard on it.) or BO3 Mod Tools in a better engine, I would love to see these fun modes made it's way by the community.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Awesome, thanks alot for sharing! I'm curious how this guy has dug up those long lost quotes. 

I guess the only renmant of Meat is that weird ultra rare meat powerup in Grief. Wonder if there was supposed to be more story behind the extra gamemodes as well. Man this could have been a crucial changing point for Zombies mode, quite sad it didn't made it that far.

For those unknown to Meat and why Treyarch scrapped these extra gamemodes, see this thread: 

3 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I'm curious how this guy has dug up those long lost quotes. 

Mostly he bought Xbox360 dev kits which had BO2 Pre-Alpha builds. Apparently there was gonna be Pre-Alpha Tranzit screenshots but is now kept somewhere due to Activision taking down pre-alpha videos. I was told by one person that the guy who had Pre-Alpha Tranzit has it but wouldn't share it.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Lack of finding names said:

Mostly he bought Xbox360 dev kits which had BO2 Pre-Alpha builds. Apparently there was gonna be Pre-Alpha Tranzit screenshots but is now kept somewhere due to Activision taking down pre-alpha videos. I was told by one person that the guy who had Pre-Alpha Tranzit has it but wouldn't share it.

Understandable, due to legality issues. Still, I would be insanely curious to them. It is said that developmental Tranzit had a day/night cycle in it, along with alot more walking trails between the 'smaller maps' and other, new areas. Less important areas like the tunnel, bridge, church-area of Town and cabin are also said to originally have had a larger and more important function, also worked out in more detail.

I mean we will never play this type of Tranzit, but I it would be insane if the developers would suddenly release all this kind of early development stuff. I am also curious to Die Rise, as I imagine the developers might had other/broader plans for that map as well. Do you by change know if Die RIse would originally also have additional gamemodes?

3 hours ago, anonymous said:

Understandable, due to legality issues. Still, I would be insanely curious to them. It is said that developmental Tranzit had a day/night cycle in it, along with alot more walking trails between the 'smaller maps' and other, new areas. Less important areas like the tunnel, bridge, church-area of Town and cabin are also said to originally have had a larger and more important function, also worked out in more detail.

I mean we will never play this type of Tranzit, but I it would be insane if the developers would suddenly release all this kind of early development stuff. I am also curious to Die Rise, as I imagine the developers might had other/broader plans for that map as well. Do you by change know if Die RIse would originally also have additional gamemodes?

ALl I can remember was a screenshot of the Tranzit map (where you select Tranzit, Town, Farm, etc.) and Farm with the Race gamemode. These are the remaining two images I could find before it was taken down. It exist as one person does have it.

I think Die Rise was intended to be more to the story than gamemodes. Those fake leaks made me feel iffy since Die Rise was going to be another Tranzit themed map but instead we got a Skyscraper map.

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 8.40.53 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 8.40.11 AM.png

• Moderators

Thanks for the pictures: That second map concept looks cool, and it appears that Tranzit used to have a much more complex road/walking trail system. Clearly is a longer tunnel, the Colombia river, which is heavily polluted by Green Run. Seems like taking the bridge was a choice, so perhaps there was a potential danger by using it? Also a neat little path from Toen to the cornfields, it seems. Those factories behind the cornfield might resemble the actual Hanford Works, and could've been the replacement for the Power Plant.

1200px-Hanford_N_Reactor_adjusted.jpg

Actually, when you look out of bounds out of the windows of Nacht in Tranzit, you see a large concrete skeleton in the distance. The location correlates, so I wonder if this is a renmant of the factory seen in this map. Also wonder if there used to be a Hanford Sanatorium somewhere, because that is written on some of the zombie model lab clothes.

And what is that blue light area before the tunnel?

3 minutes ago, anonymous said:

And what is that blue light area before the tunnel?

The blue light could be selecting which area in Green Run.

6 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Actually, when you look out of bounds out of the windows of Nacht in Tranzit, you see a large concrete skeleton in the distance. The location correlates, so I wonder if this is a renmant of the factory seen in this map. Also wonder if there used to be a Hanford Sanatorium somewhere, because that is written on some of the zombie model lab clothes.

I never knew that was out of bounds. Is there any screenshot in the actual Tranzit?

11 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Those factories behind the cornfield might resemble the actual Hanford Works, and could've been the replacement for the Power Plant.

1200px-Hanford_N_Reactor_adjusted.jpg

I prefer the Power Plant/Factory in the second picture of Pre-Alpha Tranzit than Power Station. Maybe combine it with Power Station to discover more secrets by Broken Arrow despite how small power station is.

15 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Seems like taking the bridge was a choice, so perhaps there was a potential danger by using it? 

This would've been in the game though instead of one. Mostly like a quest to lure the bridge down as a easier path to get though Bus Depot.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Lack of finding names said:

Someone on reddit did found this inside the retail version of BO2 files. This image is the in-development version of Tranzit. This is town and you can see the skybox filled with redness.

qz3wv0fke7p31.png

It also strikes me that the traffic lights, source of a long lost theory about beams and lasers and busroute B, are green unlike the current orange lights. I also see a laser coming out of a building. Are these current visual glitches of the traffic light orbs and lasers a renmant of these early-Alpha builts?

10 hours ago, Lack of finding names said:

I never knew that was out of bounds. Is there any screenshot in the actual Tranzit?

I got BO2 and Tranzit at my student apartment, where I currently do not reside so I had to take a screenshot from a video. You can clearly see the structure when the fog is removed, though you can see it even better when you look through the window in Nacht. See behind the relatively small bunker. It seems like it is built in the same style as Nacht, so perhaps the original plan was that the old WaW Nacht really took place in Hanford? Idk

image.png

But there are more structures popping up when turning off the fog, structures normally invisible which make me ask: Why are they there? Also leftovers of the old version?

Tranzit without fog - Imgur

These farm containers could have been used to store chemical compounds, just like the ones with Russian writing on them at Farm

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Some real cool shit again, buddy! This type of menu really resembles the Black Ops I style, in my opinion. So it seems like Tranzit used to have a skybox with falling comets, similar to Die Rise's. The bus comes from the Church side of Town, but keeping your previously posted Tranzit pre-Alpha map in mind, it could be very likely that the walking trail between Diner and Town, coming next to the Church, used to be a route for the bus as well. That cellestial object in the background is I think Moon, and I believe I once heard Tranzit originally had a sun-, moon- , day-  and night- cyclus in it. I'm not fully sure what that second image for map is (an earlier version or test image for Tranzit perhaps?), but that third one, man, it's fucking Moon! Notice how the background of that Moon menu remains the bus etc, so could this be some version of Moon after or during the events of Tranzit? The fact that the quotes of Ultimis in Moon are also present in the BO2 files really make me think they had this idea at one point. Still, Earth not destroyed yet on that image, but that could be of course since there hadn't been worked on the Moon map yet at all. Busdepot is the last picture, looks a lot darker and more red than the current version.

I also wonder at what point they started developing Die RIse. Would that be in the late beta phase or could there have been some rudimentary, odd features of Die Rise in the early gamefiles as well?

hi i'm kinda new here. do you guys have any other threads like this? I'm trying to find interesting trivia about map design and everything about BO1 and BO2 but I don't know where to look... if you guys have any interesting interviews with zielinski or blundell, really i'm interested in anything about those two games.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Hecthor Murilo said:

hi i'm kinda new here. do you guys have any other threads like this? I'm trying to find interesting trivia about map design and everything about BO1 and BO2 but I don't know where to look... if you guys have any interesting interviews with zielinski or blundell, really i'm interested in anything about those two games.

Welcome to the site! Well our friend LackofFindingNames posted this thread about the seemingly planned but scrapped 'DLC 5' for Black Ops II. If you're interested in story, Cal once noted that originally, Buried and Moon were said to take place at the same time, and he also has an unconfirmed source that said that BO2's original last map was supposed to feature the Five crew set in Arlington Cementary (no evidence for that, though). I also know there is quite some unused map concept art for Shangri-La, involving another Pack-a-Punch, map layout, wonderweapon and even a very early concept of Vietcong zombies (so we assume it initially was a map set in Vietnam).

Furthermore, this is fairly unknown terrain for me, but I guess there are more threads like this out there somewhere.

On 4/7/2020 at 6:33 PM, anonymous said:

You can clearly see the structure when the fog is removed, though you can see it even better when you look through the window in Nacht. See behind the relatively small bunker. It seems like it is built in the same style as Nacht, so perhaps the original plan was that the old WaW Nacht really took place in Hanford? Idk

image.png

But there are more structures popping up when turning off the fog, structures normally invisible which make me ask: Why are they there? Also leftovers of the old version?

It's a destroyed elevated highway. (Which is double strange given the location of the map)

Really cool thread. Thanks for posting

Archived