Treyarch Maps Tier List

RadZakpak

• Moderators

@The Meh suggested I make a Zombies map tier list. The further left a map is on a tier, the more I like it. I took into consideration all aspects of the map from story to gameplay. (For some reason it is blurry, but if you click it it is clear.

image.png

If you want to make your own and share it, here's a link. I removed the SS tier in mine. I could have removed a tier at the bottom but I wanted to articulate that there isn't a map I could say is bad in good conscience. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
49 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Nice idea! Made my own as well. I excluded CotD as I've never played it yet, and I got my hands just recently on BO4 and the Chaos maps so I haven't explored everything there yet. Anyway, my current view:

my-image.png

Nice list! I'm curious though, what's the beef with Der Eisendrache?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Nice list! I'm curious though, what's the beef with Der Eisendrache?

Never liked that map. Every game I played on it is exactly the same, with or without good teammates. For an ancient castle it has way too much shining screens and devices, even for a Group 935 station. I guess this map was, in my opinion, Treyarch's first real step to fiction. I mean, sure, SoE and quite some other maps had aliens and stuff as well but it fitted do well in those maps. Im not of the opinion it fits with DE. On top of that, I find the map too easy, espessially how easy it is to get the wonderweapon (and every player, even). 

I cannot really explain it and I understand why alot of people like it. But me, I dunno, the gameplay and whole atmosphere, I really dislike it. And Ive played it often enough to be sure of that opinion. Possibly my least favourite map ever.

@KronoriumExcerptB What's up with your placement of Moon?

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, anonymous said:

@KronoriumExcerptB What's up with your placement of Moon?

Gameplay wise, it feels absolutely oppressive to play at times, needing a space suit, the annoying Astronaut, and the excavators. Tranzit is probably the only worse map in terms of how annoying it is to play. The only redeeming factors are a fun WW and the hacker. The starting at groom lake is also a pretty good idea, but it should be each person for themselves on the teleporter so you don't get a death sentence from a clueless teammate.

Visually, it's drab and boring, almost entirely gray and black. Comparing this to the previous map, Shangri-La, makes it look even worse.

Story-wise it's mostly okay, but the ending fucked the story permanently which is pretty unforgivable. Moon the story to get crazier because there's really no other option when the earth gets destroyed.

Archived