D. King and John "Banana"

RadZakpak

• Moderators

Okay I've gone down a bit of a rabbit hole in the CIA servers and am at a loss and also my head hurts so here's what I've got:

On October 24, 1955 Vannevar Bush sends a message to J. Robert Oppenheimer with poems written by John "Banana" which were recovered at Verruckt. Here's an excerpt from that message:

"Despite the scary, anxious feeling

Killing walking dead is appealing

My first kill felt great

Felt like my first date

Kicking their brains right up to the ceiling."

I feel like the boy who wrote these was trying to tell us something. I look at the meter, the chosen words, but nothing comes to mind. Perhaps you will see something. Maybe it's the letters?

DK-MFK. Do you think this means anything?

DK-MFK is a hint on how to login to the CIA account of someone named D. King. When you log into his account, you find only one irrelevant email that was sent to all users about cupcakes. However, he has many .txt files that contain haikus, and one image. The haikus are related to missions in the campaign, basically explaining what happens in each, with the exception of one, which relates to Multiplayer of all things:

Lost all my CP (COD Points)

To a fool in Sticks and Stones

And now I'm bankrupt

Here is the one image:

latest?cb=20120505223237

Here's the thing about the haikus, though: The file names are written like so: Hai23.txt, Hai24.txt, and so on. There are three missing: Hai1.txt, Hai2.txt, and Hai5.txt. (CoD Wiki says both have Hai5.txt, but I checked in-game and Dking has Hai6, but not Hai5) Where are those three haikus?

They are located in the Dreamland server, under Vannevar Bush:

Hai1.txt

Gun in my right hand

And a cola in my left

Bring me the meatsacks

Hai2.txt

Undead all about

Surrounded, need Max Ammo

Could use a Revive

Hai5.txt

Went down to the lake

Stumbled upon a secret

Will not sleep again

Hai1 and Hai2 are DEFINITELY related to Zombies, and they are some of John "Banana"'s final writings in Verruckt. So that brings us full circle. To recap:

- John "Banana"'s poem, shared by V. Bush, provides the hint DK-MFK. DK referring to D. King, and MFK referring to his password.

- D. King's directory contains a series of prophetic haikus about the campaign. It is missing three haikus: 1, 2, and 5.

- V. Bush's directory contains the missing haikus, which definitely relate back to John "Banana".

So I guess my questions are: Why did John Banana provide a clue for how to login to D. King's CIA server account, all the way back in 1945? Why does D. King also write haikus, which are in some way related to ones found in Verruckt? Did he write them based on Banana's final moments, and because they held sensitive information, they were put into the Dreamland server? Is this all an elaborate joke about DK (Donkey Kong) and Bananas?

The only other place I could find reference to D. King is in a note Jason Hudson received:

NOTEX-DK.txt

June 19, 1978

Mr. Hudson—Do not trust D. King. He reports directly to Richard Kain. Kain has eye on you. Be wary.

-- X --

To sum up what is going on here, this note is from 1978, ten years after the end of the Black Ops campaign. Around then, the CIA, especially Richard Kain, were planning Operation Charybdis, a mission to track down and eliminate Hudson, Mason, and Weaver as they were deemed a danger to national security. This story point was obviously dropped as the Black Ops 2 campaign happened. But it confirms D. King is someone in the CIA, working for Kain. The sender of this note, X, also warned Weaver about a niece who was still alive, and Mason about Woods still being alive. What does X know about D. King that we do not?

Last thing, and I sign off:

Hai5.txt

Went down to the lake

Stumbled upon a secret

Will not sleep again

maxresdefault.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Okay this stuff goes deep.

There is a guy named J.C. King at the CIA, a Colonel. He is known to have contact with Ryan Jackson, the supervisor of Richard Kain. So there is a guy at the CIA who had an account that contained intel of the Marine's squad send to Verrückt, who is also said to have had contact with the outlaw Hudson and is believed to pass over information to Richard Kain. Could this D. King be a pseudonyme for J.C. King? Or maybe I'm just seeing ghosts? From the BO1 intel it appears that J.C. King, Richard Kain and Ryan Jackson cooperated as a team during all Nova-6, Drakovich, Kravchenko and Steiner-related events. And after this they initiated Operation Charybdis, first believing that Mason, Hudson and the crew were hiding in South Africa and after that in Johannesburg. Johannesburg is known to have been where Doctor Clarke's brother lived and thus a possible hideout of Doctor Clarke. Since that guy is dead, maybe Mason's crew was still tracking down Nova-6 related things? Why would the CIA disapprove this? 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, anonymous said:

Since that guy is dead, maybe Mason's crew was still tracking down Nova-6 related things? Why would the CIA disapprove this? 

After looking through the CIA server, pretty much everyone in the CIA thought that Mason was compromised and did not trust him. Weaver did not even seem to trust him until after the events of the campaign, calling him "two-faced". After Mason killed Steiner and he was captured to be interrogated, Hudson still refused to just kill Mason despite all the trouble he caused. Ryan Jackson had this to say:

Hudson,

I'm done with this guy. He can't be trusted. I don't care what happened at Baikonur. It was more Woods' doing than his. All that time in Vorkuta, I'm telling you, they got to him. There's no way the KGB or Dragovich didn't sink their claws into his skull.

My professional opinion? Once we get the info we need -- two in the chest, one in the head.

Basically the higher ups did not trust Mason at all, for very good reason. He would apparently rant and rave about how great Reznov was, and was clearly not all there in the head after all the brainwashing. So after the numbers station was blown up, the CIA wanted nothing to do with him, and may have assumed him going to Johannesburg was him going rogue again on someone else's orders. They lost faith in Hudson and Weaver because they would follow Mason there, and refused to just kill him.

This is all dropped, though, by the time of Black Ops 2's past missions in the 80s. Hudson and Mason continue working for the CIA, no problem.

X has always referred to Maxis. This is an idea that @EricMaynard has been talking about for a while now, that one variant of Maxis began messing with areas he probably shouldn't have - namely the Campaign's dimension. He communicates with both Hudson and Mason via the CIA Data Terminal and, if I remember rightly, is the one who gives Mason the passwords to the other CIA logins.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, caljitsu said:

X has always referred to Maxis. This is an idea that @EricMaynard has been talking about for a while now, that one variant of Maxis began messing with areas he probably shouldn't have - namely the Campaign's dimension. He communicates with both Hudson and Mason via the CIA Data Terminal and, if I remember rightly, is the one who gives Mason the passwords to the other CIA logins.

Why would he do this? What use does Hudson and Mason's survival have for Maxis?

We know a Maxis vanished in the Agonia fracture doing all kind of weird shit, after Broken Arrow had contact with him. This reminds me of Rad's recent thread about Blackout, including also the archytypes (do I say that right?) of Hudson and Mason. If Blackout truly is Broken Arrow's, or their meddling in that Texan weapon producent, they have contact with Maxis. Could Maxis have contacted the CIA outlaws for Broken Arrow?

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Why would he do this? What use does Hudson and Mason's survival have for Maxis?

We know a Maxis vanished in the Agonia fracture doing all kind of weird shit, after Broken Arrow had contact with him. This reminds me of Rad's recent thread about Blackout, including also the archytypes (do I say that right?) of Hudson and Mason. If Blackout truly is Broken Arrow's, or their meddling in that Texan weapon producent, they have contact with Maxis. Could Maxis have contacted the CIA outlaws for Broken Arrow?

There is a third Maxis who, as far as we know, spends all of his time gathering artefacts from all conceivable dimensions. The Empty Earth was his base of operations - he specifically designed the mechanism that prevented those without a soul accessing the Kronorium. The Timeline refers to him as "An Alternate Maxis" (in the context of the House Maxis beginning experimentation).

• Moderators

Digging further in this, I found the following file in the CIA data system:

"July 4, 1978

Mr. Mason,

Woods is alive and remains the sole remaining American guest at the Hanoi Hilton.

Thought you should know

X"

Again this 'X', and aparently, he made contact with Mason as well. 1978 is the year Operation Charybdis is supposed to have taken place. Hanoi Hilton is a North Vietnamese prison, why is Woods there? Did Mason eventually helped him escape?

Some other weird stuff I found is JFK's account in the CIA Database. I discovered a message saying that the dreamland database is restricted for MJ-12 member, along with a list noting all members (among which V. Bush, W. von Braun, etc). MJ-12 is claimed to be the code name of an alleged secret committee of scientists, military leaders, and government officials to investigate alien- and extraterrestial spacecraft-related research. So was JFK a member of MJ-12? But there's more:

To: Kennedy, John Fitzgerald
Date/Time: Wednesday, June 26, 1963
Subject: No Subject
He won't ask you again and I know this was his final offer. Please reconsider before we leave Berlin or put your life in danger.

Our people are everywhere - this time you cannot win. Give him what he wants before it's too late.

To: J. Kennedy
Date/Time: Thursday, November 21, 1963
Subject: You have one day left
Victory cannot be achieved without sacrifice.

So first we got a woman named Evelyn Cross warning JFK for 'taking the offer before they'll leave Berlin' and that 'her people are everywhere'. A couple of months later, one day before JFK's assasination, there's a man named John Trent stating 'Victory cannot be achieved without sacrifice' under the subject 'You have one day left'. Victory cannot be achieved without sacrifice is also said by Reznov during the Vorkuta breakout.

But John Trent didn't only contacted JFK. He also made contact with Hudson. This was three days before JFK's assasination on Friday:

To: Hudson, Jason
Date/Time: Tuesday, November 19, 1963
Subject: Everything You Know is Wrong
You don't know me, but I know Alex Mason. You will learn to trust me. Everything changes on Friday.

Date/Time: Thursday, November 21, 1963
Subject: Now You Understand
It was by the hand of Nikita Dragovich. This is just the beginning. They are everywhere.

Start at Vorkuta. Two escaped the breakout. You know one of them. The other one just died.

Date/Time: Monday, November 25, 1963
Subject: A Single Step
Echelon 5 21 0 8 18 15 14 7 21 16 23 9 14 23 0 6 18 4

Her name is Evelyn Cross. The photo is for your eyes only. This will be my last letter for quite some time. When the time comes, you will know what to do.

The last message once again mentions Evelyn Cross... What organization is she in? And who is John Trent?

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Digging further in this, I found the following file in the CIA data system:

"July 4, 1978

Mr. Mason,

Woods is alive and remains the sole remaining American guest at the Hanoi Hilton.

Thought you should know

X"

Again this 'X', and aparently, he made contact with Mason as well. 1978 is the year Operation Charybdis is supposed to have taken place. Hanoi Hilton is a North Vietnamese prison, why is Woods there? Did Mason eventually helped him escape?

In the BO1 campaign, Woods gets into a fight with Kravchenko, and the two are separated from Mason. What is bizarre about this message, though, is that in BO2, it is confirmed that Woods escaped a POW camp and returned home in 1972, six years before this message is even sent, further reinforcing that Treyarch abandoned this plot thread.

33 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Some other weird stuff I found is JFK's account in the CIA Database. I discovered a message saying that the dreamland database is restricted for MJ-12 member, along with a list noting all members (among which V. Bush, W. von Braun, etc). MJ-12 is claimed to be the code name of an alleged secret committee of scientists, military leaders, and government officials to investigate alien- and extraterrestial spacecraft-related research. So was JFK a member of MJ-12? But there's more:

The MJ-12 message is sent to almost everyone on the CIA server, simply saying Dreamland is only accessible by those MJ-12 members. The only three accounts we can access in Dreamland are Vannevar Bush, Robert Oppenheimer, and T. Walker, which share many of the same Der Riese files.

41 minutes ago, anonymous said:

The last message once again mentions Evelyn Cross... What organization is she in? And who is John Trent?

The running theory is that John Trent IS Viktor Reznov. I have no doubt that Reznov escaped Vorkuta, and there was something more to his plan. John Trent is either Reznov himself, or a follower of his. He uses quotes from him, and directly references escaping Vorkuta. As for Evelyn Cross, I've never quite been able to figure out who she is meant to be.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

I never did update this thread when I realized this, but Mattzs and I deduced that D. King is probably named after the developer David King, the "Project Technical Director" on Black Ops and the creator of Dead Ops Arcade: image.png

That might explain his cryptic link with zombies via the haikus in his files. Who knows, maybe he even wrote the haikus?

• Moderators
On 5/22/2021 at 12:24 AM, RadZakpak said:

I never did update this thread when I realized this, but Mattzs and I deduced that D. King is probably named after the developer David King, the "Project Technical Director" on Black Ops and the creator of Dead Ops Arcade: image.png

That might explain his cryptic link with zombies via the haikus in his files. Who knows, maybe he even wrote the haikus?

Treyarch=Illuminati?

Archived