Continuing Zombies & your new map ideas

• Moderators

I created this thread because I'm curious for your ideas about potential/made-up maps. 

As @RadZakpak once noted zombie maps are often merely a glimp of the entire location: Shangri-la taking place in just a small part of the entire temple complex, Tranzit taking place mostly on the surface of a huge underground tunnel-connected facility, Zetsubou laying on top of R'yeh, an enormous abandoned demonic Atlantis, etc. This way, the players can let their imagination go and theorize and discuss about what may lay ahead, out of the map's boundaries.

Anyway, here are some concepts about maps I know Rad and Hunter talked about a couple of months back:

• Der Riese Grief: As we know, after the abandoning of the Der Riese Waffenfabrik, there was a standoff between American and Soviet armed forces, both interested in the research and inventions of Group 935. This would be the perfect setting for a Grief map within Der Riese: 4 American soldiers against 4 soldiers of the Red Army. The map would remain exactly the same, and the two teams might struggle for the best training and camp spots. I'm not fully sure about the spawnpoints, as 8 players in the original Der Riese spawnroom seems a little bit overcrowded. Maybe each team spawns at either side of the map (at teleporter B and at teleporter A).

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor der riese

• Vietnam: Older fans might remember the implications of a possible Vietnam map during the Black Ops 1 season: It eventually turned out to be Shangri-la but the idea remained within the community. Now I am asking you, why not? In this discussion you see the arguments: Woods looking like hammered shit, suddenly wearing a 115 tattoo, and then that poster showing Woods surrounded by zombies. It appears like he went on a mission, possibly for Broken Arrow, somewhere in Vietnam. The map will be set somewhere before the events of the Campaign mission S.O.G., deep within the isolated jungles of Vietnam. The map will reveal background information about the Cold War (similar to Classified, Alpha Omega and Tag) and also why the Vietnam War was such an important event for both superpowers. I'm not fully sure if it would be nice to put another old Keeper-related temple complex in this map, or if the map takes place around a crashed vehicle transporting weaponized 115. My personal preference lays at the latter. 

AfbeeldingAfbeeldingsresultaat voor black ops vietnam mission

• Expedición de la Muerte (there we go, @Mattzs😞 See this discussion for the full background. Expedición de la Muerte will be set in South America, somewhere between the end of the war and the events of Verrückt. The map will feature Tank Dempsey and his team of marines, stumbling upon a Group 935 facility while searching for escaped Nazi's via the ODESSA program. The facility appears to be abandoned...by the living. What remains is a terrific army of the undead who have failed to obey their creators. A map that combines the dark concrete of Nacht der Untoten with shadowy jungles of Brazil. "Hmmm" you might think: "another jungle map?". Well I would like to adress that while the Vietnam map is more based on the jungle theme of BO1 (lower jungle with more sunlight), the jungle of Expedición de la Muerte is extremely dark, with large trees blocking all the sunlight and vines, fungi and the thick roots of the trees overgrowing the bunkers. Perhaps gives the Kino effect: dark 'inside' but through the trees you see it is daytime, making the map even more scary in my opinion. Map will feature a bit of Tank's background, about the ODESSA program, about what happened to Group 935 in the huge gap we've got between 1944 and 1945, and about Die Glocke.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor dark jungle

Now if you have time and feel like, please share your map ideas. You can choose whether it is about continuing the story, about known events in our story that never got their own map or about explaining gaps and loose ends within the already existing story.

Edit: here's the link to the Podcast der Toten episode in which new map ideas are discussed. What map concept do you have?

• Like 1

Here are some ideas, which probably occurred to Treyarch in some points in time. Most of them are probably not original but still.
- A map near/within a volcano.
- Medieval map (I know we had DE but imagine a map that actually takes place in that era). 

- A map in a bank (shoutout to weasel for blowing himself up).

- Loch ness 

- Rio de Janeiro (#BrazilMap)
- Prehistoric era, dinosaurs and stuff.

- The louver museum.
- Atlantis of course

- Area 51, but completely expanded.
- Monty's factory (ft. Monty's chocolate bars)
- Aztec/Mayan map, expanding Shangri-la's background lore etc.
- The wild west
- The particle accelerator at CERN 
- Underground map (who remembers "Mind the gap"?)
- Antarctica 

etc.

• Brains 1
  • Moderators

Here's a couple of ideas:

-Zero Base: The map would take place at Zero Base, a place created by an alternate Doctor Maxis to house artifacts he discovered while travelling through space and time. You play as Victis, set during the events of the comics. You find a great number of ancient Keeper artifacts that further delve into their history, and you have radios from this alternate version of Maxis, explaining what universe he came from, and how he acquired the Kronorium. The new wonder weapon could be a variation of the 31-79 JGB215, perhaps a version with swappable artifacts to use like in concept art for Shangri-La that have different effects. Zombie Richtofen exists as a mini-boss that does not directly attack the player, but will stalk them around the base, rallying zombies to run faster when he comes near. Shooting him causes him to hide for a while. The easter egg quest would require four players, and follow the comics where Stuh acquires the Kronorium and you give your blood.

-Expanded Shangri-La: Following a similar design method to Treyarch's Aether maps in BO4, Shangri-La would be made up of the original map plus a great deal of expansion into the temple itself. Notable story goodies inside include statues of Primis (As Cal theorized from Revelations), a portal to the Crazy Place (As Anon mentioned), and a radios from Richtofen as he explores the temple and discovers the purpose of the statues and the temple. Can also get more story about Sally and Brock and Gary. Could also show Soviet influence in the temple as confirmation that they have taken over the temple, hence the lunar lander.

-The Black Sea Lab: @NaBrZHunter and I discussed this awhile back at length. It takes the idea of Atlantis, and instead turns it into an underwater Group 935 lab. The idea that he had for the story was it is within the Black Sea near Italy where lunar experimentation is performed. The Russians eventually discovered the facility and took it over during the war, and there is where the Vril Rod was being kept. In Richtofen's deal with the Soviets, he asked that the Vril Rod be returned, hence the submarine in Call of the Dead. The map would be mostly interior, showing another side of Richtofen's operation against Maxis. Here we discover Group 935's plans as the war would have progressed. There would also be sections underwater which can be traversed with scuba suits. Similar to Moon, occasionally, there will be breaching events that could cause areas to become flooded with water. These are announced over a site-wide intercom, and involve underwater Panzer Soldaten that will approach windows and begin slowly breaching them. They must be dealt with by venturing into the water and killing them. I was also thinking the lab could be built on ancient Keeper ruins left long abandoned, and by using your suit you can venture into the ruins and explore their work and learn more about their role as protectors of the universe.

-TranZit in its Prime: Imagine the Hanford facility before the rockets hit earth. So no pesky lava or fog. The map is set in daytime, and includes all previous areas. You play as Russman, Berkeley, and two new agents from Broken Arrow. After sending a sample of Avogadro from Camp Edward, Russman and Berkeley return to Hanford to find Broken Arrow has recreated Avogadro, and he has begun raising the dead and fighting back against Broken Arrow. Here you learn more about what happened to the citizens of the town before Broken Arrow took over in the 60s-70s. You get to explore the local Sanatorium to uncover the horrors of Broken Arrow's research. There are more underground areas like the power station. Pernell will occasionally talk through electronics. TEDD looks brand new, but his attitude is just the same. His bus can be called and sent to locations on a whim. He can also take alternate routes to get places faster. You can also pay him in points to get out of the bus and fight with you for a short time. As you play, Russman begins to question his allegiance to Broken Arrow as he uncovers many of their dark deeds. You work to contain Avogadro through any means necessary.

Lastly,

-Die Rise Remade: With the revelation this place is a Broken Arrow facility, remake the original at the same time and place, but with more explorable areas and one new key feature: A grappling hook. BO4 has a grappling hook, and everyone knows grappling hooks make everything better. Also be able to call elevators without keys, add Bios as enemies, give a little background on the facility and why it is here. Also explain the polarization device and who commissioned it.

• Brains 2
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Lenne said:

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Had expected Spleen City or something, but yeah Paris would have a lot of potential: Underground Illuminati catacombs, Group 935 station, the Eifel Tower functioning as a Global Polarization Device, etc.

@RadZakpak I espessially like the Black Sea Lab, as it is located in an area we've never heard about or expected before, yet it features some story intel that explains loose ends. What crew would be playable?

@RichKiller As for Antarctica, Lake Vostok would be perfect: A Soviet research station with under the frozen lake an abandoned Nazi base. Maybe this can be combined with the Volcano map, with an underground volcano near the site. This would feature a parkour-like part in the style of the Buried spawn room. Further the heat of the volcano gives growth to, unexpectedly, some tropical exotic flora beneath the caverns. A volcano is also historically associated with a gateway to Hell...

I always like maps taking place in a location you wouldnt expect. Another idea might be a Soviet training facility based on an American suburb. We know such places existed IRL, so perhaps a cool idea? Or maybe a map taking place in underground sewers with sometimes just a glimpse of daylight from above.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Had expected Spleen City

ayayayayayayayayayayaayyayaayayyaayyayayayayaayayayay Paris with spleens covering everything. you and me mate... you and meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Haha 1
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, anonymous said:

@RadZakpak I espessially like the Black Sea Lab, as it is located in an area we've never heard about or expected before, yet it features some story intel that explains loose ends. What crew would be playable?

Hmm... now that I think about it, what if this map took place in the alternate timeline where Ultimis minus Richtofen joined up with Gersh? Let's say at Ascension, Richtofen decides to abandon Ultimis to try and defeat Sam on his own. Ultimis saves Gersh, and they find a way to give him a body at this Black Sea Lab, which Gersh would know about if it was taken by the Soviets. Then maybe Richtofen fails to get inside the MPD since he is alone, and Samantha turns her attention on them as she now wants a body for her father. With new bodies being generated, this might be a good place to go into the whole Super Soldaten program where Richtofen had cloned Ultimis. Maybe you can fight deformed clones of Ultimis?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, RadZakpak said:

Hmm... now that I think about it, what if this map took place in the alternate timeline where Ultimis minus Richtofen joined up with Gersh? Let's say at Ascension, Richtofen decides to abandon Ultimis to try and defeat Sam on his own. Ultimis saves Gersh, and they find a way to give him a body at this Black Sea Lab, which Gersh would know about if it was taken by the Soviets. Then maybe Richtofen fails to get inside the MPD since he is alone, and Samantha turns her attention on them as she now wants a body for her father. With new bodies being generated, this might be a good place to go into the whole Super Soldaten program where Richtofen had cloned Ultimis. Maybe you can fight deformed clones of Ultimis?

That'd be incredibly cool, setting the stage for a brand new part of the story, still existing in the grander scheme of the tales about Primis and Ultimis.

I do feel really bad about Richtofen being lonely, though

• Moderators
15 hours ago, The Meh said:

-A past-future map

A cool idea, but maybe something with that principle already exists: Buried. I mean, obviously it is an 1800s Western town molted in a modern Angolan mine, but I mean something else: the possibility of something way more ancient (Primary Plates). 

I'd like the Hellscape world. How would you imagine it, something like Blood of the Dead and the undercroft of the Final Reich? But with more religious references

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 2/13/2020 at 11:10 AM, anonymous said:

Vietnam: Older fans might remember the implications of a possible Vietnam map during the Black Ops 1 season: It eventually turned out to be Shangri-la but the idea remained within the community. Now I am asking you, why not? In this discussion you see the arguments: Woods looking like hammered shit, suddenly wearing a 115 tattoo, and then that poster showing Woods surrounded by zombies. It appears like he went on a mission, possibly for Broken Arrow, somewhere in Vietnam. The map will be set somewhere before the events of the Campaign mission S.O.G., deep within the isolated jungles of Vietnam. The map will reveal background information about the Cold War (similar to Classified, Alpha Omega and Tag) and also why the Vietnam War was such an important event for both superpowers. I'm not fully sure if it would be nice to put another old Keeper-related temple complex in this map, or if the map takes place around a crashed vehicle transporting weaponized 115. My personal preference lays at the latter. 

AfbeeldingAfbeeldingsresultaat voor black ops vietnam mission

Okay so a guy named Nanikos posted the following on the reddit, concept art from Nick Choles who originally worked for Raven Software during the development of the original black ops. He posted these on his blogspot back in 2015 which wasn't found till today. All but his crazy 'Ox zombie' were chosen and used in one form or another, he said.

Post image

Post image

Post image

Post image

Post image

Post image

Post image

1. As Rad already noted in the Discord, these were most likely tied with a map set in Vietnam. The ox and espessially the Vietcong zombies confirm that Treyarch was at one point actually developing a Vietnam map, possibly featuring Woods in it. As Ascension might originally have featured Tak, Nikolai and Dempsey with Gersch in it, perhaps this map featured the three test subjects with Woods? Maybe they abandoned Richtofen at some point.
  2. There is a meteor zombie in it, so I guess originally Vietnam was also supposed to be the location of a discovered and unearthed 115 meteorite. Gives me an interesting view on the reason why both the US and the communists wanted to control Vietnam that badly.
  3. Love the sciencific analysis that explains some of the zombies' features. Wonder if the developers do that with every zombie/enemy.
  4. As WaW zombies was set in WW2, I guess they originally planned BO1 zombies to entirely be set in the game's timeframe: the Cold War
  5. Perhaps the Martial Art Zombie was kinda re-used in Die Rise as the Jumping Jacks, as we believe they are based on Jiangshi (Chinese zombies who still master the art of fighting)
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Okay so a guy named Nanikos posted the following on the reddit, concept art from Nick Choles who originally worked for Raven Software during the development of the original black ops. He posted these on his blogspot back in 2015 which wasn't found till today. All but his crazy 'Ox zombie' were chosen and used in one form or another, he said.

Dead Ops Arcade has bulls which stampede in some levels, maybe they are a holdover from that original ox enemy.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Dead Ops Arcade has bulls which stampede in some levels, maybe they are a holdover from that original ox enemy.

DOA was released upon the release of BO1 right? I guess the Vietnam map was going to replace Shangri La, which means it was the third DLC. Dont know how much time before they started working on it, but I could certainly see that these concepts were already there when the original disk of BO1 was released

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

Another fun thing to have is a game with relatively small maps set in the post-apocalyptic world after the events of Moon. These maps could be survival maps like Town, but could also include other gamemodes as originally planned for Black Ops II. It could be a Grief mode of Broken Arrow scientists versus SDC marines set in a Chinese skypscraper close to Die Rise, or a Tower Defense-like game set on top of the Mexican pyramid of the Moon, where 8 players have to defend the four stairs leading to the top of the temple. Various gamemodes where Maxis followers have to battle the Flesh. There will be no big interactive easter eggs but suple things like morse codes that give more information about the current state of the world. 

• Moderators

My friends and I have been trying to make a short series of maps since we were in high school, having us as another rag-tag team helping set up the bigger stage from the side and give explanations to some of the more unexplained details. One of them wanted to cover the origins of the Elemental Crystals which play a huge role in the Great War and the cycle both completed and broken. I wanted to give some depth to the Runes of Creation, which seemingly only got used for a more convoluted Simon Says minigame. I'll go a bit more in-depth with each map.

Plaza: A small shopping center completely cut off by debris in 2023, meant to be the map we group up in and get contacted by Mr. Rapt who begins our journey to "fix our world" by collecting the Runes of Creation. A simple survival map with no interactive Easter Egg Quests (major anyways), some ciphers/radios/quotes that tie things together.

Chateau en Ruine (Ruined Castle in French): A frozen variation of the Mont-Saint-Michel Castle in Normandy, France in 2024. The location was known as the lair of the Ice King, brother-in-arms to the Wolf King during the Great War. The castle is collapsing, floors are unstable and specific parts can collapse causing players and enemies to fall to lower floors if they don't watch their step. The Shadow Rune of Creation is found here, where darkness envelops the frozen wastelands. This map builds history of the Great War and puts more perspective of how involved humanity was in the fight against the Apothicons, as well as how steep the cost was.

Qabr Almawtaa (Tomb of the Dead in Arabic): The interior of the pyramids that Victis travels by on their way to Buried, the map takes place on October 7, 2035. The map plays similar to Call of the Dead, where we interact with Victis for the quest while fighting the undead inside the pyramid. Following the concept Zetsubou no Shima started, the Egyptian God Anubis/Osiris (friend is still deciding which to use for the God of Undead) is a corrupted Keeper holding the Fire Rune of Creation. The map holds ciphers on the walls involving Keeper and Apothicon backstory, while having a George Romero-style boss roaming the claustrophobic labyrinth. 

Stan rozpadu (State of Decay in Ukrainian): The remains of the Chernobyl Nuclear Site decades after decommission on October 12, 2027. Secretly recommissioned by the ASCENSION Group, the Chernobyl Facility becomes a prototype for infinite energy experiments after the group's change in direction following the disappearances of Gersh and Harvey Yena. Of course, this means experimenting with Element 115 and its reactions to certain radioactive materials, which always ends up being an accident waiting to happen. Mr Rapt's instructions to collect the Electricity Rune of Creation are hard to hear over the conflicting commands coming from voices telling us to energize a Global Polarization Device in their favor.... The map expands the finality of the ASCENSION Group, the reason certain books throughout the series act the way they do (Nero's magic book, Richtofen's diary, etc.), and adds context to the world following Richtofen's Grand Scheme (which I really wish we got to see more of even from civilian view, small simple survival maps around the world showing the full scale of things after the events of Moon).

Convergence: A highly unstable reality on the line that bleed multiple dimensions into one another (shoutout to @The Meh who also had the idea), on February 24, 2033 the Devil's Slide Bunker in California rages war above-ground and a futuristic lab underneath. Mr. Rapt personally gets involved, even going as far as handing off the Summoning Key to help stabilize the dimension so that the Light Rune of Creation can be acquired. The map also throws back one of my much older theories that tied Extinction and Zombies into one timeline (long before BO3 got the official timeline and before multiverse was established). This map expands the lore of the Empty Earth and the Maxis that constructed ZERO Base, the Keeper faction war that originally separated the Keepers from their corrupted brethren, history of the Kronorium itself, and the weight of the Illuminati's involvement in the multiverse.

Ozzoth Arkatugua (Apothicon Space / Dark Aether in Apothicon): Mr. Rapt ended up being a bad guy after all, a surprise only to those that don't follow the lore. The crew enters the Dark Aether with help from the Keepers and proceed to raise hell trying to get back the Runes of Creation and the Summoning Key into the hands of the Keepers before the Shadowman uses them to their full extent. This map gives the origins of the Elemental Crystals, why the Summoning Key ends up in Morg City, expands lore of the Dark Aether, and helps clarify certain details regarding the Tag der Toten ending.

• Brains 1
  • Moderators

@clueless Love it! I would genuine be fond on continuing the story this way: No further dragging but more in-depth explanations of what we encountered already. As for the maps:

Plaza: Having a relatively small and simple map (like the Giant and Nuketown) in a game of larger and complicated maps is a pre, espessially to make new players get in touch with the basics of Zombies. A shopping centre sounds like the perfect location for various fun weapons that can be built from all the objects found in the shops. Think about the Jetgun, the Sliquifier, the Trample Steam, the Headchopper, etc. Preferable no overpowered wonderweapons and buildables, but ones with a fun effect. The setting itself isn't really scary but it could go the goofy way.

Chateau en Ruine: We already had a castle map, so maybe this map could be set mainly on the land surrounding the castle. Normandy is famous for its dense hedgerows and fields, add a little darkness and mist and you've got your creepy atmosphere. Parts of Normandy also have a Celtic culture, which would perfectly fit with Origins' theme of ancient megaliths and menhirs. Perhaps adding an old Celtic cementary and make the castle severely ruined, with a broken roof etc, to make it very different than the 'high tech castle' that Der Eisendrache is.

Qabr Almawtaa: This one is my favourite, creating a claustrophobic effect with all its narrow subterrean tunnels. Adding a certain dark music theme when the George Romero-like boss approaches, but not yet visible, would certainly contribute to the fear. The Pyramids of Giza are also believed to be a gateway to Agartha/Hollow Earth, so maybe adding deeper tunnels that lead to a room filled with lava (similar to Shadows of Evil's undercroft), or perhaps put the Pack-a-Punch machine here so the players can merely temporary stay there due to the lava.

Stan rozpadu: Maps based on real events always do good. Chernobyl lays in an interesting area, and due to human evacuation much of the local rural areas, as well as the city Pripyat, are fully abandoned and overgrown by plants and trees. An abandoned Soviet city certainly provides a creepy atmosphere, espessially if you take in mind the nearby DUGA radar, which could be used as a Soviet Global Polarization Device.

Perhaps Convergence and Ozzoth Arkatugua could collide as a single map, as I could see a connection between a deeply unstable dimension and entering the Dark Aether. Kinda similar to Origins and the Crazy Place, except that both realms would be equally large and extensive. The Dark Aether could provide an alien landscape which could be inhabited by all sorts of Apothicons including ones we havent seen yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Moderators

My friends and I are planning on working on these maps for real eventually as BO3 Mods once we get a good grasp on what the maps are like ultimately, and learn how to make the maps work as we intend haha! That being said a lot of what you said will definitely go into these maps, especially for Chateau with the eerie atmosphere surrounding the castle as opposed to being inside it! 

Seeing the conspiracy theories about the DUGA Radar tower is what made me beg my friend to add the Polarization Tower event for his Easter Egg, and I used Pripyat to make a somewhat Zombies-inspired D&D campaign prologue using his map ideas as inspiration (if you can even call it that, it follows very little rules of D&D outside standard gameplay mechanics like turn-based battle and dice usage). 

I was already on the fence about having the last two maps separate or together, but I think you just sold me on making them all one map in a similar fashion to Ancient Evil of two distinct places and a third location specifically for Easter Eggs! I have plans for more Apothicon Weapons, but not sure how creative I can get with making new Apothicon species.

• 1 year later...

Here is an Idea 

"Shallows of Hell"

This map takes place on a Hawaiian island owned by Group 935, this map would introduce a new crew, Jason Makow, Hung Li, David Nedalli, and Sophia Grey. There is two newly original wonder weapons, JBZ.Rail_DG4, and the Aether's Blight, with three others The Aether's Staff, The Aether's Bow, and The Aether's Axe. The story is Jason Makow lost something valuable and contacted Hung Li and the other two for a heist.

-Intro-

A month later a party is thrown from the island, while everyone is distracted the four characters meet up and sneak on to a Group 935 Cargo Boat but a guard spots the four and fallows them meanwhile Jason. Find his item, The summoning key, but as soon as he acquires it the guard grabs and accidentally releases the Dark Aether and the summoning Key flies off, during all of this a chain reaction goes off causing the Valcano on the island to Erupt causing demons to come crawling out.

-endings-

There are two endings, "Let hell break loose" In shallows of Hell, Face your Demons. or 

"Shadows of Hell" In Shallows of Hell, listen to his voice.

By the end... The Summoning Key ends up in Morg City.

The end 🙂

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Desmond Racadio said:

Here is an Idea 

"Shallows of Hell"

This map takes place on a Hawaiian island owned by Group 935, this map would introduce a new crew, Jason Makow, Hung Li, David Nedalli, and Sophia Grey. There is two newly original wonder weapons, JBZ.Rail_DG4, and the Aether's Blight, with three others The Aether's Staff, The Aether's Bow, and The Aether's Axe. The story is Jason Makow lost something valuable and contacted Hung Li and the other two for a heist.

-Intro-

A month later a party is thrown from the island, while everyone is distracted the four characters meet up and sneak on to a Group 935 Cargo Boat but a guard spots the four and fallows them meanwhile Jason. Find his item, The summoning key, but as soon as he acquires it the guard grabs and accidentally releases the Dark Aether and the summoning Key flies off, during all of this a chain reaction goes off causing the Valcano on the island to Erupt causing demons to come crawling out.

-endings-

There are two endings, "Let hell break loose" In shallows of Hell, Face your Demons. or 

"Shadows of Hell" In Shallows of Hell, listen to his voice.

By the end... The Summoning Key ends up in Morg City.

The end 🙂

I like the idea: the Summoning Key box in Shadows of Evil has a lot of location stamps on it (like Brazil, New York and Paris). Wonder though, how did it ended up in Hawaii?

Suggestion: in the Zetsubou intro we see the Key almost dropping in the Pacific Ocean. How about an alternative reality where Takeo was just too late and it actually fell in the ocean, going all the way to Hawaii?

• 9 months later...

I've came back to actually explain "Shallows of Hell" instead of give just an overview of story... First off the summoning keys location before the events of shadows of Evil is unknown at least too me, and Zetsubou No Shima takes place after shadows of Evil, so keeping the location before this a mystery would just make it less complicated.

Second off I changed the four Aetherial keeping the Aether's Blight and JBZ.Rail_DG4,

Instead I wanted to make it like Treyarch where it's one weapon that ties into the map, this being swords, being the Aether, Fire, Aquatic, and Thunder all with there unique ways to claim them,

next are enemies

1- Zombies, the traditional enemy

2- Hell Hounds, to fit the whole hell perspective of the map,

3- Nepalms, because you can never go wrong with Nepalms

4- Keepers, Summoning Keys and apothicons

5- Margwas

6- Parasites

7- The Shadow Man (Bossfight side A)

8- Satan (Bossfight Side B)

The weapons will also be Waw or WW2. (Due to the Time period)

The music which is something most don't talk about because usually music isn't ever a thought for custom Zombies, but the music I think would have that Hawaiian vibe mixed with a legendary feel like origins but to go with the atmosphere...

And finally the Story.

The story takes place before the events of Mob of the Dead and Shadows of Evil, Group 935 Have a fictional island in the real island  but have made some enemies.

Jason D. Makow- Agent

David Nadali- Guard

Sophia Grey - model from England

(Not Sophia from Gorod Krovi)

And Dr. Hung Li- Scientist

Group 935 had effected there lives in a way to where they all seek revenge so they plan a heist to steal an artifact from a Cargo Boat.

The day arrives and the get the artifact just to be stopped in there tracks by a guard who accidentally lets out Fragments of the Dark Aether trapping them in an chaos like trial where it is at the brink of collapse, luckily the summoning key is still on the island leaving the four to survive.

In the end after Satan is defeated, the summoning key is launched into an unknown location far from the island, they manage to escape by plane through a gateway opened while doing the Easter egg by shooting the Observatory trap into the "Eye"...

And the map is whatever it just would have to include,

Shangri-La Like temples,

The cargo boat in ruins (like call of the Dead),

A chamber for the swords and the summoning key,

A facility for pack a punch, only accessible after collecting four relics on the island, a mask, a tomahawk, a vase?, And a dagger.

An observatory

Finally a beach where challenges would be.

It's a shame I can't make this as I just don't have the time so this is only and idea and nothing more, thank you if you read this.

Edited by Desmond Racadio
  • Like 1