Zetsubou No Shima Conversation Quotes

RadZakpak

• Moderators

Credit to Talam for his videos and the CoD wiki for having a base transcription which I rearranged, corrected, and organized. Here is a link to the Google Doc version.

Edward Richtofen and Tank Dempsey - Crossfire

Spoiler

Dempsey: Hey Richtofen, why don't you tell your pal Maxis to drop us off exactly where we need to be next time?

Richtofen: We are dealing with the complexities of the interdimensional time travel across a fracturing universe! It's not exactly easy... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richtofen: Keep a close watch on Takeo. We need him alive before we... we uh…

Dempsey: Before we need him dead? Yeah... I know the drill. Been there, done that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richtofen: I hope your recent trauma hasn't affected you too negatively, Dempsey, after all it was all for the best.

Dempsey: Trauma? Call it what it was Richtofen. You had us track down another me just so we could kill him off.

Richtofen: I told you before, Dempsey. It is essential that we remove all fragments of our other selves.

Dempsey: Yeah, yeah, yeah... Their continued existence could still lead to the destruction of the Earth and the collapse of the universe.

Richtofen: Do you trust me yet, Dempsey?

Dempsey: After everything that's happened and the way you seem to be the one in charge of bouncing us around, I don't see how I've got a lot of choice.

Edward Richtofen and Nikolai Belinski - Crossfire

Spoiler

Nikolai: So, here we are again, out to extinguish another flame that you say stands between us and peace.

Richtofen: When the time comes, Takeo will do what needs to be done. He always does.

Nikolai: The others seem to believe in your madness, Richtofen. I have yet to see proof that you're not leading us down a dark path.

Richtofen: Make no mistake, Nikolai. The path ahead is very dark. I have never pretended otherwise.

Nikolai: You have spoken of how Element 115 corrupts our minds, our memories.

Richtofen: It is an inevitable side effect of our travels. I'm surprised you're not used to it right now.

Nikolai: If 115 really does corrupt our thoughts, what does that say about you, Richtofen? You have been exposed more than any of us.

Richtofen: It is a burden that I am willing, no, destined to bear... 

Richtofen: Do you trust me yet, Nikolai?

Nikolai: We have followed you this far, but where we are going? I'm not sure. I will deal with future when it comes.

Edward Richtofen and Takeo Masaki - Crossfire

Spoiler

Takeo: When you talk of our mission, you refer only to the test subject. Are you afraid to say his name?

Richtofen: Believe me, Takeo, it is far better to let go of personal attachments. They will bring you only heartache.

Takeo: I fear denying Dempsey the chance to better understand himself may have consequences.

Richtofen: Even had he been conscious before his death, I do not believe that Dempsey had any great knowledge to impart.

Takeo: You promised that you would deliver a message from the Emperor, Richtofen. I can wait no longer.

Richtofen: I will keep my promise. You will have the Emperor's message before the sun rises on this island.

Takeo: How will my path differ from that of the American? Will I too have to confront my own mortality?

Richtofen: We will cross that bridge when we come to it, Takeo. Even I am not sure exactly how events will play out... 

Richtofen: Do you trust me yet, Takeo?

Takeo: You have promised me answers. I have to believe you will stay true to your word.

Tank Dempsey and Nikolai Belinski - Crossfire

Spoiler

Dempsey: So Nikolai, I hear you say something a while ago about going back to your family?

Nikolai: I think you are mistaken. Perhaps confused.

Dempsey: So, about your wives. How many do you have, or were you just claiming victories you've never had?

Nikolai: I do not wish to discuss this matter any further. We have mission... 

Nikolai: You appear closer to Richtofen than I have seen before. Do you really consider him an ally?

Dempsey: Look, he knows a whole lot more about this craziness than the rest of us. I think he really does have a plan.

Nikolai: I am still unsure of the German's motives. For all his talk of making things right, there is still madness in his eyes.

Dempsey: Maybe that madness is what we need right now. 

Dempsey: Tell me, Nikolai. Do you think you could do it? Kill your other self if it meant it would put things right?

Nikolai: I would never give up without fight. This I know deep in my heart.

Tank Dempsey and Takeo Masaki - Crossfire

Spoiler

Takeo: Are you beginning to see the method in Richtofen's madness? You, who were once his sworn enemy?

Dempsey: The German's the least scary thing around here. Besides, we're all in this together. We need each other.

Takeo: You seem more reflective these days. Perhaps you are not the headstrong Dempsey you once were.

Dempsey: I think you're reading too much into things, Tak. I'm just tired after that swim... 

Dempsey: So, you sure you're up to the task ahead, Tak?

Takeo: We are not certain what lies ahead. My path may be different from yours.

Dempsey: I'm just sayin', Tak. If you have to do what I had to do, you may not find it… easy.

Takeo: Your concern is as appreciated as it is unexpected, Dempsey. 

Takeo: Aside from your ramblings in heat of battle, you seem to be more peaceful, Dempsey.

Dempsey: What can I tell ya? Seeing how you check out is a hell of a way to get perspective.

Nikolai Belinski and Takeo Masaki - Crossfire

Spoiler

Takeo: You and the German were once sworn enemies, Nikolai. Are you beginning to see his goals, as though they are your own?

Nikolai: Ours is an alliance of convenience, Takeo. I still despise the German with every fiber of my being.

Takeo: You must have a strong reason to ally with the German. I sense a longing in your soul, a longing for something... beyond your reach.

Nikolai: I may have dreams, Takeo, but I know they are not reality. My life is only war, it is all I know... 

Nikolai: Do not question me any further, Takeo. My thoughts and my past are mine, and mine alone.

Takeo: I have little interest in your secrets, Nikolai. Unless they are the kind that put our alliance at risk.

Nikolai: I will fight until there are no more battles to be won.

Takeo: And when that day comes, what kind of man will you be, Nikolai?

Nikolai: When all this madness ends, I will still be the man I always was: A loyal servant of Mother Russia.

Takeo: Richtofen may have confidence in his plans, but none of us can truly know the nature of our own destiny, Nikolai.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived